HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mats Zuccarello

View Poll Results: Re-sign Zucc RIGHT NOW?
YES - AT Least 1 YR 199 89.24%
I am still very unsure, if the season ended today then...YES 17 7.62%
I am still very unsure, if the season ended today then...NO 2 0.90%
Sorry, but No. 5 2.24%
Voters: 223. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-05-2013, 05:39 PM
  #851
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 500
I wish he played like the Zucc down the stretch.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 09:42 PM
  #852
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey
 
Hellion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Stavanger, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 5,102
vCash: 500
2 point game. .5 ppg now after 4 PO games. right on schedule

Hellion is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 09:48 PM
  #853
Ricebox
Registered User
 
Ricebox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Norway - Florida
Country: Norway
Posts: 641
vCash: 500
do you guys see zucc getting signed for another year? what is his current contract status?

Ricebox is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 09:52 PM
  #854
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!
 
Stugots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 6,377
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricebox View Post
do you guys see zucc getting signed for another year? what is his current contract status?
He's a restricted free agent after this season. I'd be surprised if the Rangers let him walk. I think it would be the wrong move.

Stugots is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 09:57 PM
  #855
Ricebox
Registered User
 
Ricebox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Norway - Florida
Country: Norway
Posts: 641
vCash: 500
depending on his performance here for the remainder of the playoffs, i wouldn't be suprised to see any other teams putting offers on him

Ricebox is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 10:27 PM
  #856
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts
 
haohmaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Fleming Island, Fl
Country: United States
Posts: 5,388
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
2 point game. .5 ppg now after 4 PO games. right on schedule
We've played 3 games, not 4.

haohmaru is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 10:29 PM
  #857
Green Blob*
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,257
vCash: 500
How the **** did Torts only play him 11 minutes in game 3? HOW THE ****?

BUT Pyatt got 13 minutes!! The most useless player on the team gets 13 minutes but our best play maker gets 11 minutes.

Was a fan of torts, but honestly, he cannot coach.

Green Blob* is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 10:41 PM
  #858
Kreider Typical
flex
 
Kreider Typical's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,548
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Blob View Post
How the **** did Torts only play him 11 minutes in game 3? HOW THE ****?

BUT Pyatt got 13 minutes!! The most useless player on the team gets 13 minutes but our best play maker gets 11 minutes.

Was a fan of torts, but honestly, he cannot coach.
this was a perimeter game. i hate him, but i don't blame torts for this one. it was the right move.

Kreider Typical is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 10:44 PM
  #859
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey
 
Hellion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Stavanger, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 5,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
We've played 3 games, not 4.
played one po game two seasons ago, scoreless.

his total regular season ppg is .5, and so is is PO total

Hellion is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 10:47 PM
  #860
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts
 
haohmaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Fleming Island, Fl
Country: United States
Posts: 5,388
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
played one po game two seasons ago, scoreless.

his total regular season ppg is .5, and so is is PO total
Ah, didn't realize you were talking career. I'd like a little more ice time for MZA, but he's definitely noticeable out there. Torts was sending a message about something in the 2nd that he didn't like, but I missed it, whatever it was.

haohmaru is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 10:48 PM
  #861
Green Blob*
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,257
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooskating View Post
this was a perimeter game. i hate him, but i don't blame torts for this one. it was the right move.
Wouldn't that suit Zucc more then? Not that he doesn't get dirty when he has to, but a less physical game would definitely suit him over a overly physical game cause of his size.

Green Blob* is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 11:12 PM
  #862
Idlerlee
Always play Richards
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Oslo, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 2,054
vCash: 145
He made 2 huge contributions today that helped the team win the match. Especially the assist on the first goal is the reason why zucc deserves a new contract

Idlerlee is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 11:47 PM
  #863
Kreider Typical
flex
 
Kreider Typical's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,548
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Blob View Post
Wouldn't that suit Zucc more then? Not that he doesn't get dirty when he has to, but a less physical game would definitely suit him over a overly physical game cause of his size.
i may be thinking of the wrong thing... basically the game was played on the boards

Kreider Typical is offline  
Old
05-07-2013, 01:55 AM
  #864
Glennsoe
Horndog
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Norway
Posts: 4,049
vCash: 500
2 points in 3 games looks way better than 0 points in 3 games..

Glennsoe is offline  
Old
05-07-2013, 02:23 AM
  #865
TigerJack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Norway
Posts: 850
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennsoe View Post
2 points in 3 games looks way better than 0 points in 3 games..
And he should have had 3 points. Assist on Moore´s goal in game one that probably was in.

His pass to Brassards goal was another pure class pass.

TigerJack is offline  
Old
05-07-2013, 02:38 AM
  #866
Sticky Fingers
Registered User
 
Sticky Fingers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,532
vCash: 500
The biggest error considering Zucc is not having him play +1min/PP. Not playing him over Richards on the PP is probably one of the most biased coaching strategies this season.

Sticky Fingers is offline  
Old
05-07-2013, 02:43 AM
  #867
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: South Koster, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 5,727
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
The biggest error considering Zucc is not having him play +1min/PP. Not playing him over Richards on the PP is probably one of the most biased coaching strategies this season.
Not biased
Just plain stupid
Look at the stats coach!

BBKers is offline  
Old
05-07-2013, 02:46 AM
  #868
Cresto
In the pantry
 
Cresto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,992
vCash: 500
sign the guy. must sign. If we don't sign him, we'll have to get another guy to fill the same roles.

Cresto is offline  
Old
05-07-2013, 03:01 AM
  #869
SKS
Registered User
 
SKS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 357
vCash: 500
I just watched the tape after having my own hockey game during the game, and didnt wanna come on here to see the score, so I am a bit late in my response.

One thing stands out to me. Torts does NOT trust Zucc one bit.
He is very good today (he has not been up to usual standard first two, but neither has rest of team) but he gets 11 min of icetime. You may claim this was not a game for Zucc, well how does he look great at every shift, creating things, being on ice for 3 out of 4 goals and nodding two assists then.

Sorry to say, but I do not believe Torts will ever trust Zucca or other great offensive minds and I am so sick of his "gut-feeling" it drives me nuts.

I would go so far as to say we would not win this game without Zuccarello.

I love this hobbit, and I am finally fed up with Torts.. I stood by him for a long time, but no more. Ironic that it would take a win to finally get me to reach my conclusion.

SKS is offline  
Old
05-07-2013, 03:12 AM
  #870
Affinity
Registered User
 
Affinity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toms River, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 7,130
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
The biggest error considering Zucc is not having him play +1min/PP. Not playing him over Richards on the PP is probably one of the most biased coaching strategies this season.
How long did it take them to realize Moore > Girardi on the PP? One day they'll catch up with the rest of us

Affinity is offline  
Old
05-07-2013, 03:19 AM
  #871
Ilovemymum
recreational MD
 
Ilovemymum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 854
vCash: 500
Think Zuke made a very good game under difficult circumstances. Yesterday morning he got a notice, though Norwegian media, that he is kicked out of the National team at the worlds (should Rangers exit in the 1st round) due to a sponsor deal he made, and it made him furious. Never heard him (or any other Norwegian international) speak more bluntly about the Norwegian Hockey Association before. He come out of two games below normal standards with declining minutes and people (Rosen among others) are once again questioning if he's got any business in the play offs, he's in the 2nd pp unit for third? game with Limited pp time, plays With Hags and Richards, at least the last one totally out of place and shape, and on top of that Torts clearly doesn't trust him, and even benches him for long stretches totalling TOI 11 minutes. Especially the 2-2 benching when he tried to block the shot and it snuck by him to deflect and roll by Hank must have felt brutal. He did what he was suppose to do, but it snuck by him and Torts had absolutely no patience with him and he didn't come back for the reminder of the 2nd. Didn't think he would be back in the third at all, but then he got a shift and things get going again, and the game winner comes. 2 assists, on the ice for 3 goals (he was for all practical reasons involved in TWO sucsessful PP as the last one just ended but player barely made it out of the door.) He never ceases to amaze me. Great game, and given the above, probably his most important performance for the Rangers, and for him self.

Ilovemymum is offline  
Old
05-07-2013, 03:46 AM
  #872
Kreider Typical
flex
 
Kreider Typical's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,548
vCash: 500
didn't realize his pp time was so low... that's surprising and silly considering richards played 2 minutes more of pp time, but the guy didn't need to be on even strength in this game when we were up a goal.

think i'm just trying to make excuses for torts(even though i hate him), but idk lol didn't seem like a game he needed to play major minutes in. we were scoring

Kreider Typical is offline  
Old
05-07-2013, 04:13 AM
  #873
Ilovemymum
recreational MD
 
Ilovemymum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 854
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooskating View Post
didn't realize his pp time was so low... that's surprising and silly considering richards played 2 minutes more of pp time, but the guy didn't need to be on even strength in this game when we were up a goal.

think i'm just trying to make excuses for torts(even though i hate him), but idk lol didn't seem like a game he needed to play major minutes in. we were scoring
That's a good point. When thinking about it, seems a bit like Torts have made up his mind that he will play 5v5 when they are chasing from behind. Played 21 minutes the 1st game, then plummeted to 13 or so at the scoreless tragedey, and then now he didn't play anything after the game winner. Fair enough, but at you kinda need to score when it's a tie too, illustrated by Hank's recent regulation time shut out.

Ilovemymum is offline  
Old
05-07-2013, 06:13 AM
  #874
EuroFlair
Nash 40g in 2014-15
 
EuroFlair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: west coast
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,214
vCash: 50
Can't see the Rangers letting him go and it'd be stupid to do so. Players with his skill set is rare even more on this team, we simply need him. He's a player that seems to glue with everyone on this team. If he of some reason isn't here come to next season who will take his spot?

He's still young and have getting better since his first time here, especially physical aspects seems to be stronger, faster witch obviously is important for a small guy. Can he take another step in his game we'll have a brilliant player for a long time hopefully.

EuroFlair is offline  
Old
05-07-2013, 07:29 AM
  #875
Blue Blooded
Registered User
 
Blue Blooded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,760
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunnelundefaret View Post
Think Zuke made a very good game under difficult circumstances. Yesterday morning he got a notice, though Norwegian media, that he is kicked out of the National team at the worlds (should Rangers exit in the 1st round) due to a sponsor deal he made, and it made him furious. Never heard him (or any other Norwegian international) speak more bluntly about the Norwegian Hockey Association before. He come out of two games below normal standards with declining minutes and people (Rosen among others) are once again questioning if he's got any business in the play offs, he's in the 2nd pp unit for third? game with Limited pp time, plays With Hags and Richards, at least the last one totally out of place and shape, and on top of that Torts clearly doesn't trust him, and even benches him for long stretches totalling TOI 11 minutes. Especially the 2-2 benching when he tried to block the shot and it snuck by him to deflect and roll by Hank must have felt brutal. He did what he was suppose to do, but it snuck by him and Torts had absolutely no patience with him and he didn't come back for the reminder of the 2nd. Didn't think he would be back in the third at all, but then he got a shift and things get going again, and the game winner comes. 2 assists, on the ice for 3 goals (he was for all practical reasons involved in TWO sucsessful PP as the last one just ended but player barely made it out of the door.) He never ceases to amaze me. Great game, and given the above, probably his most important performance for the Rangers, and for him self.
Colour me intrigued, what did he say?

Blue Blooded is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:49 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.