HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

It's been 2 years. Be honest re: Jerseys/logo

View Poll Results: Would you want us to have our retros instead? (private not public results)
Yes 32 19.51%
No 131 79.88%
Yes, but I tell people no 1 0.61%
Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Old
05-06-2013, 10:25 AM
Moe Mantha

vCash: 500
I love our current jersey's. I do think they're the top in the league, and think that logo is timeless and classic.

If we go retro, I'm hoping for the 90's version.

I've never found the WHA iterations to be anything but uninspiring.

Moe Mantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 10:26 AM
shatner_rules
You're in Trouba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warcry View Post
If I had the choice I'd go with retro jerseys, but that's got less to do with nostalgia than a general dislike for the way the new design turned out. The two shades of blue they chose just don't look very good together at all, at least not to me, and every time I look at the new sweaters my first thought is about how badly they clash. On top of that, the design of the home jersey is pretty bland with way, way too much dark blue and not enough contrast breaking it up. The whole package leaves me fairly cold, to be honest. I've never understood why they decided to go with a second shade of blue instead of using red as their tertiary colour like the old Jets did, especially since they've already got red in the logo.

On the other hand I really like the new logos, both the jet-compass main crest and the pilot-wings shoulder patch. The old logos were way too busy and didn't do enough to emphasize "Jet" theme, and feel very dated now to boot. The new ones are a breath of fresh air, and really have a "timeless" quality to them like a previous poster said. I could definitely see them outliving the jersey designs.
I wouldn't mind seeing the Wings shoulder patch as a main logo.

shatner_rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 11:00 AM
Huffer

vCash: 50
I love our Jerseys and the colors they used. If I had one area where I would have liked a change, it would be with the implementation of the Jet on the Leaf. Not that I would want hyper realism, but I would love to see what it might look like with just a little bit more definition (the Jet).

Also, it doesn't matter too much, but I would have also preferred to have mirrored home and away designs.

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 11:09 AM
Yukon Joe

I never did like the old logo back in the day - either the 80s or 90s version. I think the current logo is fantastic - really quite timeless.

The uniforms... I think they may have gone with almost too dark a shade of blue. And it's not terribly authentic to the RCAF look they were going for. I would have preferred a blue more like

which is more like the lighter blue used as an accent on the present uniforms.

Yukon Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 11:22 AM
sipowicz
The Original

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnova View Post
I love the new uniforms.

I'd like the 3rd jersey to be a new design, not a retro version.

Let's forget the lame duck 1.0 version please.
Save the Jet's 1.0 jersey's for the folks that can't afford the new one, any third jersey should be based on the current jersey not some old jersey of a long forgotten team exiled to a stinking desert.

sipowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 11:27 AM
arbf412

No real strong feelings either way on the jersey itself, but taken as a whole the home uniform is way too monochromatic for my taste. Jerseys, pants, socks, helmets... it's all the same shade of blue. I've always hated it when football teams wear pants that are the same colour as their jerseys. They look like they're wearing speedskating uniforms.

As for the logo, the design is fine, but I've never been a fan of equating sports teams to the military.

arbf412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 12:31 PM
Warhead77
Jets4Life

I love the new logo. I think its timeless and very classy.

Sure, there are a few 'outlining' modifications that I would make to it, otherwise its a winner IMO.

The jerseys are good overall. I like the away ones better. But they are at times somewhat boring looking. I realize they wanted a classic look and feel - but sometimes they come across as boring and plain to me.

TNSE owns all Jets 1.0 logos. I would expect they will use one of them for a 3rd jersey in the near future and then tap into the others later on. So, I would expect to see a retro styled jersey which would be great. Love the 70s Jets WHA unis.

Warhead77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 01:28 PM
buggs
A storm is coming...

I very much like the current Jets jerseys and am so thankful that they went with a new design rather than re-using any of the old Jets jerseys. They needed to have a marketable product that could sell and sell and sell and using an old jersey wouldn't have done that, though it would have thrilled legions of cheap Winnipeggers to no end.

The colors I actually like though I'm not thrilled with the arm bands. Seeing Yukon Joe's post though, I'm wondering if that powder blue in the bands isn't the connection to the RCAF in a more subtle nod. As for the connection to the military, doesn't bother me as Canadian military has been much more of a peace keeping force than anything else for the duration of my life and at times, military presence is necessary. We could have called them the Falcons and avoided the military association though

For a third jersey I hope it is a nod to the past, but something you can't have hanging in the closet at home. Also I remember the old Jets merchandise being horrible in terms of sales back in the day. Didn't it rank last amongst all NHL teams for the longest of times? Sure, it got cool, just like the North Stars green and gold, after the team had been gone for a while but I recall sales mostly sucking while the team was here (outside of Winnipeg).

buggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 01:33 PM
Count Von Grabo*

Leafs fan posting. When I first saw the logo and uni's a couple years ago I disliked them. But they have both grown on me. I still prefer their 90's ones though. I think they should keep the current ones, and use the 90's one as an alternate.

Count Von Grabo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 01:45 PM
Skidooboy

Love LOVE LOVE!!! A retro Jersey.

Current Jerseys? Like 'em quite a bit. good colours love the stripes on the sleves.

New Logo...same as 2 years ago .....meh. It's okay looking and I quite like parts of it, like the Compas ring and the Leaf. I still fail to se why we have a 30 year old American fighterjet with almost no tie to Winnipeg. (I know I know its 17wing blah blah blah.. don't care, if we wanted to pay hommage to RCAF we should have Hercs on the logo, much more representative of 17wing and the RCAF) on our Jersey.

Don't understand the hate on for a retro Jersey. This is Winnipeg, They are the Jets, It is our Herritage, why not embrace it. Calling it silly or dumb is a slap in the face to those of us who loved and never forgot the old Jets, I bet I could include Mr. Chippman amongst that group.

Skidooboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 08:03 PM
KingBogo
Admitted Homer

vCash: 677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidooboy View Post
Love LOVE LOVE!!! A retro Jersey.

Current Jerseys? Like 'em quite a bit. good colours love the stripes on the sleves.

New Logo...same as 2 years ago .....meh. It's okay looking and I quite like parts of it, like the Compas ring and the Leaf. I still fail to se why we have a 30 year old American fighterjet with almost no tie to Winnipeg. (I know I know its 17wing blah blah blah.. don't care, if we wanted to pay hommage to RCAF we should have Hercs on the logo, much more representative of 17wing and the RCAF) on our Jersey.

Don't understand the hate on for a retro Jersey. This is Winnipeg, They are the Jets, It is our Herritage, why not embrace it. Calling it silly or dumb is a slap in the face to those of us who loved and never forgot the old Jets, I bet I could include Mr. Chippman amongst that group.
I loved, adored and never forgot the old Jets and I much prefer the new jersey/logo.

KingBogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 11:23 PM
JETZZZ

Id like a WHA type third jersey
Attached Images
File Type: png klhgftresrdytfyghuij.png‎ (86.8 KB, 13 views)

JETZZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2013, 11:22 AM
Savardian Spinarama
Grippin' 'n Grinnin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Von Grabo View Post
Leafs fan posting. When I first saw the logo and uni's a couple years ago I disliked them. But they have both grown on me. I still prefer their 90's ones though. I think they should keep the current ones, and use the 90's one as an alternate.
Somewhat off topic, but was it just me or did it become kind of weird where you would see the old jerseys after the team was long gone? It became something of a game with me and my friends with what places/events you would see the old jerseys (before the Thrashers arrived). I remember watching a World Cup game (2006 in Germany) at some god-awful time of the morning with a friend drinking beer. The camera pans the crowd at the stadium (Munich, Berlin, can't remember the city). and there was a guy in the crowd wearing a Jets 1.0 jersey. We almost fell out of our chairs. That had to be one of the weirder jersey sightings I remember but there were others.

Otherwise, I really like the new look, but the home ones are a little samey. They look better live than on the TV I think. The whites are pretty stylish and I wouldn't mind a third with a backward look but not super sentimental. I like the shoulder patches and wouldn't mind this as a theme.

Savardian Spinarama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2013, 11:41 AM
razorsedge
West Town Sports

Love both jerseys. The logo buy itself though is still missing the wow factor. Wished they could incorporate "winnipeg" into it somewhere.

As for retro, meh.

razorsedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2013, 11:42 AM
Warhead77
Jets4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETZZZ View Post
Id like a WHA type third jersey
Nice job!

I suggest forwarding this to TNSE ASAP!

Warhead77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2013, 06:42 PM
Che vy Teemuchuk

The new ones are fine. They've grown on me and I really like the home. I hope that they do not make any major changes at all to our version 2.0 uniforms. Let them age.

For third uniforms I'll like whatever they do. I'm no designer. But I really like something along the lines of the mashup example on page 2. A bit of current jerseys, a bit of heritage, and a bit of something new in the look.

Che vy Teemuchuk is offline   Reply With Quote