HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blues Trade Proposals - Part 6

Closed Thread

Old
05-06-2013, 08:07 AM
STLBLUES44
MILLER TIME

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverCityRumble View Post
i did this earlier and thought it was weird but it's kind of right

prospecttweenerveteran
offensivetarasenkostewartoshie
two-wayschwartzperronsteen
defensive?berglundbackes

blues should go out and find a 19-23 y.o. defensive center prospect and jam him into the lineup.

that way, on any given night, you can make a combo from each column and row for no reason at all.
Porter? Sobotka? just about everyo one else? our entire team is defensive dude. we need a top line finisher preferably at center.... like a Jeff Carter or Jamie benn type.

Old
05-06-2013, 01:35 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Who would do Stewart+Cole for Vanek+cash?

Old
05-06-2013, 01:56 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
If it's salary neutral I'd consider it. I'd do it in a vacuum but I'd simply consider it under the current circumstances because I haven't decided if we need a center or a finisher. Despite this series' hyperfocus on our inability to finish I still think we need a center more.

Old
05-06-2013, 02:02 PM
Alklha

Quote:
Probably not. The only way that works is if Vanek is willing to sign a long term contract at a friendly rate as soon as the trade goes though.

What is the point of Buffalo eating salary if he is going to be looking for $6.5m long term after next season?

Old
05-06-2013, 02:36 PM
frostyflo
#peskyblues

Quote:
I would! Stew is young and good but Vanek isn't old either and on another level.
since he was never really comfortable with his albatros contract I'm pretty sure him and Army would work out a good deal.

he would bring our PP to the next level as well, having him in this series could easily be the difference for us

won't happen though. see him in Buffalo till the deadline, get the Nash/Gaborik package from some team not named St. Louis and then sign in Minnesota long term

Old
05-06-2013, 02:59 PM
BadgersandBlues

If we're going to trade Stewart, we need to target a young, can't-miss center. It's that simple. Not we-hope-they-rebound guys like Statsny, not old-as-dirt-and-never-proved-anything guys like Thornton, etc. We need to be going after the Huberdeau/Zibanejad type-crowd. We can add if needed with picks and perhaps some 2nd tier prospects for those type of guys, but -that's- the type we need to be pushing for.

I really wish Getzlaf hadn't signed in Anaheim. I don't care what his price in the off-season would have been, he would be the type of guy that would make us a legit Cup FAVORITE. Ah well.

Old
05-06-2013, 05:09 PM
Dolph Ziggler
IC Champion

vCash: 380
Wish we could get Blues people to completely stop posting in the trades forum until next season. Wonder if it would stop the stupid threads about not being able to sign players.

Old
05-06-2013, 05:18 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falco Lombardi View Post
Wish we could get Blues people to completely stop posting in the trades forum until next season. Wonder if it would stop the stupid threads about not being able to sign players.
That won't happen but a uniform, clever response might start to get the message across. Like if everyone just posted the Rickroll YT. Except not that, something else clever.

Old
05-06-2013, 05:51 PM
Dolph Ziggler
IC Champion

vCash: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
That won't happen but a uniform, clever response might start to get the message across. Like if everyone just posted the Rickroll YT. Except not that, something else clever.
I like it.

That said nothing would top "STL can't possibly sign everyone so what do you think of average player x + 1st for Shattenkirk?" being met with absolutely no response at all.

30 odd posts of similar deals that make no sense for us met with nothing. It's be perfect, clever, and amusing all at once.

Old
05-07-2013, 12:19 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Everyone post the Jackman gif in response to idiotic posts on the trade board.

Old
05-07-2013, 12:20 AM
Bluesman91

Quote:
everyone post the jackman gif in response to idiotic posts on the trade board.
lmao perfect response!

Old
05-07-2013, 12:25 AM
Thallis
We suck again!

vCash: 499
Send a message via MSN to Thallis
Quote:
This would be legendary.

Old
05-07-2013, 12:27 AM
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound

Quote:
It would be quite funny, but ultimately it would be seen as spamming (an infraction worthy offense).

Old
05-07-2013, 01:01 AM
CarvinSigX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtic Note View Post
It would be quite funny, but ultimately it would be seen as spamming (an infraction worthy offense).
Eh, what the hell...I have a clean slate.

Old
05-07-2013, 07:48 AM
Thallis
We suck again!

So I had this thought last night to try an solve our center problem: Berglund and Stewart for Ryan Nugent Hopkins. Edm is looking for size in their lineup and we're looking for a #1 C. Issues I have right now are RNH had a sophomore slump this year and nobody knows how he'll bounce back, that's a huge size downgrade that would have to be addressed in Free agency, and I'm still not sure if that's good for Edm or if they trade RNH while his value is lower.

Old
05-07-2013, 08:31 AM
Daley Tarasenkshow
#hateonbackes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thallis View Post
So I had this thought last night to try an solve our center problem: Berglund and Stewart for Ryan Nugent Hopkins. Edm is looking for size in their lineup and we're looking for a #1 C. Issues I have right now are RNH had a sophomore slump this year and nobody knows how he'll bounce back, that's a huge size downgrade that would have to be addressed in Free agency, and I'm still not sure if that's good for Edm or if they trade RNH while his value is lower.
I would not hesitate to make that trade whatsoever. Nuge is not getting the first line playing he deserves, which is why he is slumping. Jaskin has the size to replace berglund and we save money by not having to re-sign stewie.

So I see this trade as: Berglund + Stewart for Nuge + free agent that we can now afford.

Old
05-07-2013, 08:51 AM
Alklha

Quote:
There is no reason for Edmonton to even consider that. Yes, they get the size they need, but they lose their only C with elite upside. You don't move players with the kind of upside that RNH has for Berglund and Stewart.

The only way that we are going to get that kind of talent at centre is if we trade pieces we really don't want to, we get lucky in FA or Feaster stumbles across one and trades him to us for some magic beans.

Maybe if the Lightning think Shattenkirk is their guy on D and are willing to move their #3 overall this year (#3 for Shattenkirk & small+)... then we can get Barkov or MacKinnon. I don't think that is really likely though.

Old
05-07-2013, 09:09 AM
Thallis
We suck again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alklha View Post
There is no reason for Edmonton to even consider that. Yes, they get the size they need, but they lose their only C with elite upside. You don't move players with the kind of upside that RNH has for Berglund and Stewart.

The only way that we are going to get that kind of talent at centre is if we trade pieces we really don't want to, we get lucky in FA or Feaster stumbles across one and trades him to us for some magic beans.

Maybe if the Lightning think Shattenkirk is their guy on D and are willing to move their #3 overall this year (#3 for Shattenkirk & small+)... then we can get Barkov or MacKinnon. I don't think that is really likely though.
Yeah, that's the real problem. Maybe if they got a center in the draft this season and felt RNH was expendable, but otherwise it's a likely pipe dream. Maybe Shattenkirk and Stewart for RNH?

Old
05-07-2013, 09:29 AM
Halak Ness Monster

Quote:
Yeah, that's the real problem. Maybe if they got a center in the draft this season and felt RNH was expendable, but otherwise it's a likely pipe dream. Maybe Shattenkirk and Stewart for RNH?
Or Stewart for Edmonton's 1st round pick(7th overall).

Blues select Sean Monahan or Elias Lindholm. Drool.

Old
05-07-2013, 10:34 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Or we don't trade for a draft pick.

Old
05-07-2013, 10:57 AM
Vladys Gumption
Trap City

I still think the best idea is to try to get Jumbo Joe. I'd prefer Stewart, cole + something small, but would be willing to do Perron + cole. Then the lines look like this:

Tarasenko-Thornton-Stewart or Perron-Thornton- Tarasenko (depends on who gets traded)
Schwartz-Backes-Steen (shutdown line and sick second line.
Sobotka-Berglund-Jaskin/Rattie (one in NHL, other in AHL)
Cracknell-Porter-Reaves.

Then dump Leopold and go back to last year for defense.
Bouw-Petro
Jax-Shatty
Russell-Polak

Old
05-07-2013, 11:26 AM
HooliganX2

I see Stewart is the whipping boy again. If Stewart gets a couple goals it will be funny how much people's opinions will change.

Old
05-07-2013, 11:38 AM
Halak Ness Monster

Quote:
Or we don't trade for a draft pick.
Worked out terribly for Boston and Phil Kessel.

If we could land Sean Monahan at 7, I'm making that trade 11 times out of 10. Is it risky? Yes. But it offers high reward to go with the risk. We may actually get a top line center out of it. We might not but the alternatives aren't great.

You all can forget Joe Thornton. I'm not sure why anyone thinks San Jose is going to trade him. Especially for under-performing wingers like Stewart and Perron. What do the Sharks really gain? Cap space? To go get what exactly? They lose a heck of a lot on the ice by going from Thornton to Perron/Cole just as the Blues gain a heck of a lot by adding Thornton.

Edmonton isn't trading RNH. It'd be stupid for them to do so unless it is for a massive overpayment. No thanks.

Paul Stastny is the likely target. There is upside but the guy has declined and underperformed each of the last three years. Not too mention his contract. What Stastny are we getting for 6 million? It better not be the 45-55 point #2 center we've seen the past two seasons.

Stephen Weiss? Not really a game changing #1 center type but I could get behind it. He'd probably offer what Stastny could. However, he is also in line for a nice 4 year, 20 mil contract too.

Buyout options?
Vinny Lecavalier would be nice. He'd bring size and a strong two way game and probably good production. Expect Toronto to offer him 6 million a year IF IF TB actually lets him go.
Brad Richards? He just turned 33 and has underperformed in New York. He could be good here, though. Will NY actually buy him out? Look for Richards to decline much like Andy McDonald pretty soon. Once the wheels go, his value diminishes greatly.

Who am I missing? Hopefully it's actually a #1 center that will likely be available.

Quote:
I see Stewart is the whipping boy again. If Stewart gets a couple goals it will be funny how much people's opinions will change.
He has scored 3 goals in the last 22 games. If Stewart gets a couple of goals in the next 2-3 games it will be a minor miracle.

Remember folks, this is the MOTIVATED Chris Stewart we are seeing. It speaks volumes that you say Stewart is the whipping boy...again. Perhaps if he played up to his potential a little bit more he wouldn't bring the negative comments on himself.

I can only imagine how motivated Stewart is going to be next year after he gets his 4 year, 16-18 mil extension.

I'd sell while his value is close to it's peak.

Old
05-07-2013, 11:45 AM
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarvinSigX View Post
Eh, what the hell...I have a clean slate.
Anything for the team huh?

Old
05-07-2013, 12:15 PM
sdaltons

some of you want to make Perron line up every night next to Thornton? i guess that's one way to keep Perron from getting hurt again...

Closed Thread