HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rolston / Future Head Coach Discussion

Closed Thread

Old
05-06-2013, 01:42 PM
Zip15

vCash: 396
Piggybacking on Matthew Coller's Twitter arguments, who's interested in Vignault if the Canucks fire him? Off the top of my head:

Pros:

-Track record of success, including several 100+ point seasons, a President's Trophy, several division titles, and one game away from a Cup.
-One of the most forward thinking coaches in the game when it comes to analytics, including zone starts.

Cons:

-Some underachieving teams in the playoffs, including 8 straight losses in the playoffs (will be nine if they get swept).
-Likely a poor relationship with Hodgson.

Old
05-06-2013, 01:44 PM
joshjull

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
Piggybacking on Matthew Coller's Twitter arguments, who's interested in Vignault if the Canucks fire him? Off the top of my head:

Pros:

-Track record of success, including several 100+ point seasons, a President's Trophy, several division titles, and one game away from a Cup.
-One of the most forward thinking coaches in the game when it comes to analytics, including zone starts.

Cons:

-Some underachieving teams in the playoffs, including 8 straight losses in the playoffs (will be nine if they get swept).

Does he have any track record of developing younger players? Not a shot at him just curious since we may have a lot of youth on the roster.

Old
05-06-2013, 01:56 PM
"Craigs on it"

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
Does he have any track record of developing younger players? Not a shot at him just curious since we may have a lot of youth on the roster.
Yes, he was a QMJHL coach for awhile and produced some NHLers, Clowe for example.

Old
05-06-2013, 04:21 PM
Royisgone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
I dont want to watch boring, budget hockey
LOL. You must hate the vast majority of your time as a Sabres fan then.

Old
05-06-2013, 04:30 PM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post

Pros:

Cons:

Puke.

His two competitive advantages were his transition system and giving the Sedins all of the zone starts. He never really adapted either, especially the second part, to playoff hockey, and has lost almost all of his series because his teams can't score when the Sedins aren't.

Old
05-07-2013, 01:52 AM
Sabretip

I'll toss another log onto Jame's hypothetical fire and speculate that maybe the delay in Regier making any announcement is that he's waiting to see if Detroit gets knocked out in the first round so he can get permission to talk to Renney, an assistant coach with Babcock...

Old
05-07-2013, 02:44 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretip View Post
I'll toss another log onto Jame's hypothetical fire and speculate that maybe the delay in Regier making any announcement is that he's waiting to see if Detroit gets knocked out in the first round so he can get permission to talk to Renney, an assistant coach with Babcock...
Generally speaking, I think the delay is definitely due to waiting for eliminations to occur to speak with some of these guys currently employed in some capacity. Not necessarily saying he's waiting on Tom Renney, but someone in the postseason is going to get sniffed.

Old
05-07-2013, 07:51 AM
ottsabrefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jBuds View Post
Generally speaking, I think the delay is definitely due to waiting for eliminations to occur to speak with some of these guys currently employed in some capacity. Not necessarily saying he's waiting on Tom Renney, but someone in the postseason is going to get sniffed.
I'd be surprised if Hawerchuk doesn't get a call. I agree that the delay is likely due to waiting for serieses to end.

Old
05-07-2013, 08:05 AM
JPurp26

Rolston the new head coach officially

Old
05-07-2013, 08:46 AM
joshjull

No need to speculate any more

Closed Thread