HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Oil 2013-2014 Line Up - your way

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-07-2013, 12:53 AM
  #101
MetaOil1993
Registered User
 
MetaOil1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,996
vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by DousedInOil View Post
So we sign Streit at 6 million per year to play as a bottom pairing defenceman? Lets face it, this UFA crop for defence is extremely weak and their is only 1 Streit. I'm sure their are 20 teams he would rather play on before the Oilers. If we are going to improve our top 4, it's going to have to be through trade.
You can put the pairings anyway you want. We are playing defense by committee. Like I said a man can dream

MetaOil1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2013, 01:02 AM
  #102
DousedInOil
Registered User
 
DousedInOil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Katy <3
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,365
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaOil1993 View Post
You can put the pairings anyway you want. We are playing defense by committee. Like I said a man can dream
Sorry I'm not trying to piss in anyone's cereal but it seems like over half the made up rosters include Streit even though the odds of him signing him are extremely slim.

I guess I'm just looking for realistic options of potential targets and I realize that MacT has his work cut out for him. I wouldn't be surprised if we end up paying a high price for a defenceman who doesn't end up being that good just simply because their was no market.

DousedInOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2013, 01:11 AM
  #103
MetaOil1993
Registered User
 
MetaOil1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,996
vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by DousedInOil View Post
Sorry I'm not trying to piss in anyone's cereal but it seems like over half the made up rosters include Streit even though the odds of him signing him are extremely slim.

I guess I'm just looking for realistic options of potential targets and I realize that MacT has his work cut out for him. I wouldn't be surprised if we end up paying a high price for a defenceman who doesn't end up being that good just simply because their was no market
.
Yeah I agree but I would rather go after and sign Streit then trade our 7th + for a similar player like Yandle when we can sign Streit without giving up assets.

MetaOil1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2013, 06:22 PM
  #104
titsuple
Registered User
 
titsuple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: edmonton
Posts: 259
vCash: 500
Hall - J.Thornton - Yakupov
Abdelkader - RNH - Eberle
Stalberg - Horcoff - PRV
Hartikainen -Lander - Brown

Streit - j.Schultz
Smid - Petry
N.Schultz - Klefbomb
Fistric

titsuple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 12:05 PM
  #105
hallhopkinseberle
Registered User
 
hallhopkinseberle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: london
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,917
vCash: 50
CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Taylor Hall ($6.000m) / Sam Gagner ($4.500m) / Nail Yakupov ($3.775m)
Ryane Clowe ($4.000m) / Ryan N.-Hopkins ($3.775m) / Jordan Eberle ($6.000m)
Magnus Paajarvi ($1.500m) / Tyler Bozak ($4.000m) / Viktor Stalberg ($2.500m)
Ryan Smyth ($2.250m) / Michal Handzus ($1.500m) / Colton Orr ($1.000m)
Mike Brown ($0.737m)
DEFENSEMEN
Justin Schultz ($3.775m) / Jeff Petry ($1.750m)
Ladislav Smid ($3.500m) / Oscar Klefbom ($1.244m)
Nick Schultz ($3.500m) / Mark Fistric ($1.000m)
Corey Potter ($0.775m) / Kevin Shattenkirk ($5.500m)
GOALTENDERS
Devan Dubnyk ($3.500m)
Ray Emery ($1.500m)
OTHER
Buried: Ben Eager ($0.175m)
Buyout: Eric Belanger ($0.000m)
Buyout: Shawn Horcoff ($0.000m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $67,755,833; BONUSES: $8,900,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $1,366,667

hallhopkinseberle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 12:31 PM
  #106
backhandsauce
Registered User
 
backhandsauce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,629
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallhopkinseberle View Post
CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Taylor Hall ($6.000m) / Sam Gagner ($4.500m) / Nail Yakupov ($3.775m)
Ryane Clowe ($4.000m) / Ryan N.-Hopkins ($3.775m) / Jordan Eberle ($6.000m)
Magnus Paajarvi ($1.500m) / Tyler Bozak ($4.000m) / Viktor Stalberg ($2.500m)
Ryan Smyth ($2.250m) / Michal Handzus ($1.500m) / Colton Orr ($1.000m)
Mike Brown ($0.737m)
DEFENSEMEN
Justin Schultz ($3.775m) / Jeff Petry ($1.750m)
Ladislav Smid ($3.500m) / Oscar Klefbom ($1.244m)
Nick Schultz ($3.500m) / Mark Fistric ($1.000m)
Corey Potter ($0.775m) / Kevin Shattenkirk ($5.500m)
GOALTENDERS
Devan Dubnyk ($3.500m)
Ray Emery ($1.500m)
OTHER
Buried: Ben Eager ($0.175m)
Buyout: Eric Belanger ($0.000m)
Buyout: Shawn Horcoff ($0.000m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $67,755,833; BONUSES: $8,900,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $1,366,667
Black Ace?

backhandsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 01:04 PM
  #107
jmoss45
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: EDM
Posts: 852
vCash: 500
Bickell @ 3 mil x3
Gordon @ 2 mil x3
Clutterbuck for Harski+
JJ for Hemsky+Gernat
Buyout Belanger


Hall-RNH-Eberle
Bickell-Gagner-Yak
MPS-Horcoff-Clutterbuck
Smyth-Gordon-Brown

Smid-J Schultz
Jack Johnson-Petry
Klefbom-N Schultz
Fistric

jmoss45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 11:53 PM
  #108
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(
 
Mr Forever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: COLLEGE
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,429
vCash: 500
Hall-Gagner-Yak
Paajarvi-RNH-Eberle
Stalberg-Horcoff-Torres
Hartikainen-Gordon-Lander
Brown

Boyle-Schultz
Smid-Petry
Schultz-Klefbom
Fistric

A much improved bottom six, a mentor for Schultz.

Mr Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 11:57 AM
  #109
Lowe in Oil
Registered User
 
Lowe in Oil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,550
vCash: 500
Posting my lineup again, with a few minor changes:

- Trade Hemsky for 2nd (or 3rd...)
- Trade 1st + 2nd (Hemsky) + Petry + Musil for Weber (ask NSH who they want to draft at #7, take that player, and trade him to NSH on July 1st)
- Trade Gagner for Hanzal + 3rd
- Trade Horcoff +3rd(from PHX) to NYR for 7th

Sign Horcoff for $3M after buyout from NYR
Sign Clowe $3.9M
Sign Streit $4M
Smyth retires

Hall - RNH - Yakupov / cap 13,550,000
Clowe - Hanzal - Eberle / cap 13,000,000
Paajjaarrvii - Horcoff - Jones / cap 6,750,000
Hartikainen - Lander - Brown / cap 2,636,000
Forwards: $35,936,000

Smid - Weber / cap 11,357,000
Steit - J.Schultz / cap 7,775,000
Klefbom - N.Schultz / 4,744,000
Defense: $23,876,000

Dubby 3,500,000
Backup 1,000,000

Total $64,312,000

MAKE IT HAPPEN MACT!!!! MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!

IN
Hanzal, Clowe, Weber, Streit

OUT
Gagner, Hemsky, Smyth

Lowe in Oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 12:03 PM
  #110
Oilfan2
Oil the way..
 
Oilfan2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,280
vCash: 1507
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowe in Oil View Post
Posting my lineup again, with a few minor changes:

- Trade Hemsky for 2nd (or 3rd...)
- Trade 1st + 2nd (Hemsky) + Petry + Musil for Weber (ask NSH who they want to draft at #7, take that player, and trade him to NSH on July 1st)
- Trade Gagner for Hanzal + 3rd
- Trade Horcoff +3rd(from PHX) to NYR for 7th

Sign Horcoff for $3M after buyout from NYR
Sign Clowe $3.9M
Sign Streit $4M
Smyth retires

Hall - RNH - Yakupov / cap 13,550,000
Clowe - Hanzal - Eberle / cap 13,000,000
Paajjaarrvii - Horcoff - Jones / cap 6,750,000
Hartikainen - Lander - Brown / cap 2,636,000
Forwards: $35,936,000

Smid - Weber / cap 11,357,000
Steit - J.Schultz / cap 7,775,000
Klefbom - N.Schultz / 4,744,000
Defense: $23,876,000

Dubby 3,500,000
Backup 1,000,000

Total $64,312,000

MAKE IT HAPPEN MACT!!!! MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!

IN
Hanzal, Clowe, Weber, Streit

OUT
Gagner, Hemsky, Smyth
Bottom 6 sucks and is no better than this season...
Clowe is too old and expensive.....
Horcoff needs to be bought out..

Use the money from Clowe and Horcoff to get some decent players..

Oh, and we're not getting Weber...

Oilfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 12:06 PM
  #111
BowDangles
Registered User
 
BowDangles's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,695
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowe in Oil View Post
Posting my lineup again, with a few minor changes:

- Trade Hemsky for 2nd (or 3rd...)
- Trade 1st + 2nd (Hemsky) + Petry + Musil for Weber (ask NSH who they want to draft at #7, take that player, and trade him to NSH on July 1st)
- Trade Gagner for Hanzal + 3rd
- Trade Horcoff +3rd(from PHX) to NYR for 7th

Sign Horcoff for $3M after buyout from NYR
Sign Clowe $3.9M
Sign Streit $4M
Smyth retires

Hall - RNH - Yakupov / cap 13,550,000
Clowe - Hanzal - Eberle / cap 13,000,000
Paajjaarrvii - Horcoff - Jones / cap 6,750,000
Hartikainen - Lander - Brown / cap 2,636,000
Forwards: $35,936,000

Smid - Weber / cap 11,357,000
Steit - J.Schultz / cap 7,775,000
Klefbom - N.Schultz / 4,744,000
Defense: $23,876,000

Dubby 3,500,000
Backup 1,000,000

Total $64,312,000

MAKE IT HAPPEN MACT!!!! MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!

IN
Hanzal, Clowe, Weber, Streit

OUT
Gagner, Hemsky, Smyth
You will need a hell of a lot more than that for Weber... change one of those other picks to a 1st and your closer. Clowe will get more than 3.9 and Streit will get more than 4.

Also that bottom six has no improvements... They will get steam rolled again next year..

BowDangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 11:15 PM
  #112
oilinblood
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,155
vCash: 500
Id like to trade for Johnny Boychuk to complete our right side on D. our own 2nd RD pick should do it and maybe an ok prospect. He could be good with Smid in last minute stands and can play heavy minutes... but wont have to im our lineup is healthy. He has a good hard slapper from the point.

Re-sign Fistric as a sutton type #7.

Trade; Peckham, NSchultz, Hemsky and Belanger.

slightly interested in re-signing Smithson as 4C. Love Jonesy but man im just not sure about his future now. If im acting with no emotion i think i let Jones walk.

I could see the Oilers signing Mark Streit... was coached by Krueger in the past. I dont really agree with it but it could fill in a void left by Whitney (when he was healthy 2 years ago).


UFAs id take a look at are Horton, Fedotenko, Cleary (unlikely he will be avail. but most certainly MacT will be interested).


Hall RNH Ebs
PRV Gagner Yakupov
Fedotenko Horcoff Cleary
Lander Smithson Brown

Smid Boychuk/Petry
Streit JSchultz
Klefbom Petry/Boychuk
Fistric

Dubnyk
Khabi (likely at 1.5M)

no huge signings.


------------
BTW I like the thought of getting Nathan Horton ALOT but i dont think it is realistic. I also was fully against Yaks playing his proper wing--since we drafted him for what he accomplished on the RW. Adam Oates though brought up a great point of puck possession and that most players playing their wrong wings dont get the puck alot. I think if you get Nathan Horton you put Yaks on his LW. Oates theory is pretty sound and that observation had never clicked to me before but is sound. When i was on my weak side i know i tried not to handle the puck much at all because its harder to defend and if i gaffe its in the midddle of the ice. Not good. So you chip, and make quick plays and the whole point is so you can get open to punch a good pass.

I agree with Oates, i would like to see my best players handle the puck as much as possible.


Last edited by oilinblood: 05-11-2013 at 11:37 PM.
oilinblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 11:26 PM
  #113
armandh01
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,006
vCash: 500
Gonna post the line up I had potential nightmare (or not) of slightly altered.


Hall - Berg - Ebs
MacArthur - Nuge - Yak
Torres - Goc - Stalberg
Brown - Lander - Orr
Smyth

Edler - Petry
Smid - Jschultz
Klefbom - Potter
Fistric

Luongo

armandh01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 11:50 PM
  #114
stoff
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 928
vCash: 500
Malone rnh eberle
Hall gagner yak
Bickel bolland MacArthur
Smyth Gordon harti

Daley petry
Martin Schultz
Smid lydman

Dubnyk


Last edited by stoff: 05-12-2013 at 12:00 AM.
stoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 11:52 PM
  #115
oilinblood
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,155
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowDangles View Post
You will need a hell of a lot more than that for Weber... change one of those other picks to a 1st and your closer. Clowe will get more than 3.9 and Streit will get more than 4.

Also that bottom six has no improvements... They will get steam rolled again next year..
Streit is on the down hill. I see him getting 3. He wont get a raise on the 4.1. Whoever signs the guy is signing for declining years.

oilinblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 11:54 PM
  #116
oilinblood
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,155
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoff View Post
Malone rnh eberle
Hall gagner yak
Bickel bollard MacArthur
Smyth Gordon harti

Daley petry
Martin Schultz
Smid lydman

Dubnyk
You mean Bolland? He is always injured.

oilinblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2013, 12:00 AM
  #117
stoff
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 928
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilinblood View Post
You mean Bolland? He is always injured.
Damn autocorrect. Ya him or legwand. Both seem attainable for a 2nd and prospect.

stoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2013, 12:13 AM
  #118
oilinblood
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,155
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoff View Post
Damn autocorrect. Ya him or legwand. Both seem attainable for a 2nd and prospect.

I would MUCH rather have Bolland than Legwand. Bolland is terrific but i just go insane at how many injuries he gets.
Trade hemsky for him. lol.

oilinblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2013, 12:16 AM
  #119
stoff
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 928
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilinblood View Post
I would MUCH rather have Bolland than Legwand. Bolland is terrific but i just go insane at how many injuries he gets.
Trade hemsky for him. lol.
It's true. But hopefully we can have Gordon step up if there is an injury and put lander on fourth line.

It's not my ideal team just something I think is realistic going into next year with.

stoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 07:39 PM
  #120
Bergeron47
Registered User
 
Bergeron47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 7,497
vCash: 500
Gagner, 2nd, Pitlick for Myers, Stafford OR Green, Brouwer
Lander, Musil, 2nd for Gardiner
2nd, Roy for Halak
Hemsky for Boyle, 3rd OR 3rd, Pitlick for Boyle

Sign MacArthur to $3M
Sign Torres to $2.5M
Sign Cullen for $3M
Sign Paajarvi for $2M
Sign Fistric for $1.5M

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Paajarvi-Cullen-Yakupov
MacArthur-Horcoff-Stafford/Brouwer
Torres-Boyle-Brown
Smyth

Smid-Petry
Klefbom-Myers/Green
Gardiner-J. Schultz
Fistric

Dubnyk
Halak


Last edited by Bergeron47: 05-13-2013 at 07:52 PM.
Bergeron47 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 07:51 PM
  #121
Soundwave
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 24,128
vCash: 500
Ales Hemsky for Jay Bouweemester; Oilers eat $1.5 million of Hemsky's salary, giving St. Louis $3+ million in cap room and more skill upfront.

Trade 7th Overall (Darnell Nurse) + Colten Teubert to Philly for Sean Couturier.

Sign UFA Bryan Bickell.

Sign UFA Bryan McGratton

Sam Gagner + ANA 2nd + Nick Schultz for Dustin Byfuglien + filler

Hall RNH Eberle
MPS Couturier Yakupov
Bickell Horcoff Jones
Smyth Lander Hartikanen
McGratton

Bouw Buff
Smid J. Schultz
Petry Fistric

Dubynk
Back Up

Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 07:57 PM
  #122
Draekke
Registered User
 
Draekke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 876
vCash: 50
I know this thread is kind of a 'fantasy' thread, but I would like to see a thread that is more realistic.

Bergeron47 is trading all of our loose ends (except maybe Gagner) for proper pieces to the puzzle. Don't know why Leafs trade Gardiner for that package. Adding Pitlick into a deal doesn't really help too much, imo.

Draekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 08:29 PM
  #123
zeus3007*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 13,228
vCash: 500
Hall - Gagner - Eberle
Pajaarvi - Nuge - Yakupov
Chuck Kobasew - Matt Cullen - Jones
Smyth - Horcoff - Brown
Eric Nystrom, Smithson

Smid - Petry
Mark Streit - J. Schultz
N. Schultz - Klefbom
Fistric

Dubnyk
Anton Khudobin (if he'll sign as 1B/backup, heard he may go to KHL to start)

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 08:35 PM
  #124
Oilbleeder
Moderator
Lead us to glory.
 
Oilbleeder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Oil Country
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,753
vCash: 81
Hall(6)-RNH(3.775)-Ebs(6)
Ruutu(4.75)-Monahan(3.775)-Yakupov(3.775)
Lapierre(1.5)-Horcoff(5.5)-MPS(1.5)
Bordeleau(0.8)-Smtihson(0.8)-Brown(0.7)
Harti(0.9)

Yandle(5.5)-Schultz(3.775)
Smid(3.5)-Petry(1.75)
Schultz(3.5)-Strachan(1.2)
Tuebert(0.9)

Dubnyk(3.5)
Johnson(0.8)

Cap total = $64.3

__________________
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/nemesis15/QuadSig-OB.gif <-- Credit goes to The Nemesis.
Oilbleeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 09:35 PM
  #125
Oilers4life1987
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 445
vCash: 500
Offseason game plan

1) Draft Monahan or Lindholm.
2) Acquire a top D to pair with J.Schultz
3) Sign Mike Smith, I think he'd look good as a starter or back up
4) Let Pecks,Plante, Petrell walk as UFA's
5) Sign Gagner to a short term 3-4 year contract at 4.5
6) Trade Hemsky by retaining some salary. He's gotta be worth something at that price? Also, hearing Omark wants back in the NHL, he's gotta be worth something too?
7) Don't go spending a whole lot of $ on FA's as we have to re-sign the following players to long term: RNH,Schutlz,Yak.

Oilers4life1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:24 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.