HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Other Chicago & General Sports Thread XVIII - TWTW Edition

Closed Thread

Old
05-06-2013, 10:43 PM
Illinihockey

vCash: 500
Still going to be a 5 game series but that was a fun game

Old
05-06-2013, 10:55 PM
Kurtosis
COYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Still going to be a 5 game series but that was a fun game
They (Bulls) will take 1 at home.

Old
05-07-2013, 05:17 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

I think I like this team more then the Jordan teams. Obviously the Jordan teams were better but is there anyone on this team you can't love? It's all heart, sweat, blood, and tears and they are using it to win. Imagine how crazy Heat fans would be going if they beat a 100% healthy Bulls team without LeBron and Wade, because the Bulls just did that. Won't win the series but will make the Heat go through hell to earn it.

Old
05-07-2013, 07:13 AM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

Even for those who don't like the NBA, this Bulls team is a treat to watch. Obviously the far inferior team, but man do they give it all they got. Playing through tons of injuries and illnesses and still giving more effort than any team out there. Thibs has done a great job preparing them and there's some great leadership from the players.

Old
05-07-2013, 08:12 AM
Cullksinikers

I have been posting about the Bulls ever since we've had these non-Hawks sports discussion threads on this forum, and all I've heard about was how the NBA has no parity (which is very true to an extent), it's all about the Heat, the Bulls can't win, etc., and I have to say that I'm glad some of you are coming around.

As SPT said, it's all heart, sweat, blood, and tears right now. I have moved on from the Rose thing. Let's just ride this thing out. They could lose the next four and drop the series in five, but Nate, Marco, Nazr, Butler, and all other depth or emerging players are the guys that got them to the point where they are now going back to Chicago with the series evened up in the worst possible scenario. I'm really just proud.

However, excitement must be contained. I remember a big double-digit victory over the Heat at the UC a few years ago in the ECF. The Bulls dropped four in a row. I was naive and thought the Bulls was waltz to the NBA Finals. That's not how it works.

There is some work to do, but I'm proud of the work they have put in, what they have accomplished, and am excited for what the future holds. I'm hoping it involves more gutsy victories down the line this year.

Old
05-07-2013, 08:24 AM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
Exciting to see them win. Need to see another win to really think they have a chance but great effort.

Old
05-07-2013, 08:24 AM
Cullksinikers

I regret doubting them at times. Anything is possible with Thibs at the helm.

Old
05-07-2013, 08:25 AM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Exciting to see them win. Need to see another win to really think they have a chance but great effort.
I'd love to see the media pressure directed toward the Heat with them heading to the UC for two after dropping the first two of the series. A man can dream.

Last edited by Cullksinikers: 05-07-2013 at 09:13 AM.
Old
05-07-2013, 08:46 AM
Kurtosis
COYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
I'd love to see the media pressure directed toward the Heat with them having to the UC for two after dropping the first two of the series. A man can dream.
It would be quite the narrative.

Old
05-07-2013, 08:46 AM
madgoat33

How anyone can watch the bulls and like it is beyond me. yea they all give a ton of effort, but its still sloppppppppy basketball.

Old
05-07-2013, 08:58 AM
Kurtosis
COYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
How anyone can watch the bulls and like it is beyond me. yea they all give a ton of effort, but its still sloppppppppy basketball.
Because they're fans? I really don't get what you're asking in the slightest to be honest.

Old
05-07-2013, 09:14 AM
Illinihockey

Awful coaching by Spoelstra, should have put Lebron on Nate, Wade on Bellineli, and Allen on Butler.

Old
05-07-2013, 09:15 AM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
Winning ugly is the Bulls' forte. Ugly, sloppy games give the Bulls the advantage, and they are of the same value as winning pretty.

Old
05-07-2013, 09:45 AM
MurrayBannerman
Uno Besto Washoooooo

vCash: 470
To be fair, I've actually liked watching the Bulls this post season and I hate the NBA.

Old
05-07-2013, 09:56 AM
digdug41982

Hypothetically, if the Bulls won the title, would you give Rose a ring? Would you allow him to hold the trophy? I know they will. I know Rose will be acting like he won the damn thing. I'm just curious because it got brought up the other night when I was with people that are much bigger Bulls fans than me and they didn't want him getting a ring or having anything to do with the team if they win without him. I tried explaining that even guys that never played but are under contract will get a ring and be a part of the whole thing. That pissed them off.

Old
05-07-2013, 10:02 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Hypothetically, if the Bulls won the title, would you give Rose a ring? Would you allow him to hold the trophy? I know they will. I know Rose will be acting like he won the damn thing. I'm just curious because it got brought up the other night when I was with people that are much bigger Bulls fans than me and they didn't want him getting a ring or having anything to do with the team if they win without him. I tried explaining that even guys that never played but are under contract will get a ring and be a part of the whole thing. That pissed them off.
Yes, he would get a ring.

Old
05-07-2013, 10:07 AM
Cullksinikers

He gets hardware but gets no credit for helping "his" team win.

Old
05-07-2013, 10:12 AM
madgoat33

the bulls aren't winning anyway so the point is moot

Old
05-07-2013, 10:16 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Not giving Rose a ring would be the end of his tenure as a Bull.

Old
05-07-2013, 10:29 AM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

Reinsdorf gave secretaries and flight attendants World Series rings. I think that answers whether or not he'd give Rose a ring...

Old
05-07-2013, 10:30 AM
digdug41982

That was never the question. Would YOU give Rose a ring? Would you be doing it just to appease him or would you truly believe he deserved it.

I would give him one but personally, if I was Rose, I wouldn't accept it. I wouldn't want the thing. He seems like the kind of guy that would be dancing on stage and be the Mark Madsen of the whole thing but whatever.

Old
05-07-2013, 10:38 AM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

Oh.

Reading was never really my strong suit.

Old
05-07-2013, 10:46 AM
digdug41982

I feel sad for him. It's like he has the mind of a child, so innocent. I always thought he was pretty dim but not in a typical way, it's more of a confusion to the world. He really needs someone to help him though everything and unfortunately he's not getting that help from anyone around him. It's just such a sad story. The end part of his rehab is to play in games and he just doesn't believe in that at all. He wants to just wake up one day and have it all be right but according to what I've read and heard about this injury, that is 100% impossible so until he changes his thoughts, he'll never play in an NBA basketball game again.

Old
05-07-2013, 11:11 AM
Chris Hansen
Versteeg's Concubine

Quote:
I don't think this question matters. If the Bulls get far enough this year for this question to become relevant, Rose will probably be back in the lineup. Just my opinion though.

Old
05-07-2013, 11:14 AM
Chris Hansen
Versteeg's Concubine

Quote:
I feel sad for him. It's like he has the mind of a child, so innocent. I always thought he was pretty dim but not in a typical way, it's more of a confusion to the world. He really needs someone to help him though everything and unfortunately he's not getting that help from anyone around him. It's just such a sad story. The end part of his rehab is to play in games and he just doesn't believe in that at all. He wants to just wake up one day and have it all be right but according to what I've read and heard about this injury, that is 100% impossible so until he changes his thoughts, he'll never play in an NBA basketball game again.
He doesn't want to play in games until he's confident in his knee. Until then he's risking overcompensating for the injury and getting hurt again. People forget that this guy was basically injured for an entire season before the ACL tear.

He'll either gain the confidence back during the playoffs this year and return to game action (and if he thinks what he's doing now is the route to doing that, who are we to question him? It's his body and he knows it best), or he'll be back for the first game of next season.

Closed Thread