HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Samsonov-Ribeiro-Kovalev line not good

Old
09-21-2006, 06:28 PM
jordi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
He came to North America when he was 17...ten years ago, amazing how he doesn't sound Russian at all...
Well there is still a bit of a Russian accent except it's more American-Russian now. I remember there was some article that as soon as he played for Detroit, they made him learn english stat. Considering how serious he was about playing back then, he probably treated english the same way.

jordi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2006, 06:29 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange View Post
And that center is either Koivu or Pleks. I like Ribs but I don't think Sammy is the right fit on that line. I'd rather see Higgins there. It's not a bad thing to try things in pre-season, but I sure hope Carbs is gonna mix things up enough to give Sammy a chance on Koivu's wing and see what happens. I think Sammy could develop the same chemistry he had with Nylander on Koivu's wing.

Since I didn't see the last game, it's just an opinion based on my previous knowledege of the players. It's not based on the early preseason results.

Samsonov-Koivu-Ryder
Higgins-Ribeiro-Kovalev

I'd also like to see Samsonov-Pleks-Latendresse for curiosity's sake.
I totally agree with you , and think that those lines would be better

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2006, 06:35 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepperMonkey View Post
Hatred I think.
The difference between HomaridII and you is that HomaridII concisely states his view and possible solutions in a well mannered and well thought out sentences without going into a whirlwind blabbering contest of how much Ribs sucks. Saying things like "<Ribs> is as good as gone", "writing is on the wall", "I don't care if he scores 90pts, <he still sucks and won't lead us anywhere>", "Ribs the worst player" etc. etc. just does not make your thoughts anything other than "I Hate Ribs!".
Tone it down. Don't use prophetic statements. Don't use statements like "He sucks!", "He's the worst player" etc. etc. and people may actually start to listen. It's okay to hate Ribs. Just don't go on some vendetta against him or else you'll end up being known as someone who does nothing but spew hatred about Ribs. We "ALL" know you hate him. Really we do. No need for reinforcement. Talk in a well mannered language and people will actually read.
Ugg...I can't believe all I seem to be doing these days is defending Ribs...why do I have to defend Ribs of all people? There are soooo many other more worthy players to defend...

read that post again and again Catch-22 ...It's a good one for you .

Old
09-21-2006, 06:42 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by katrea View Post
Well there is still a bit of a Russian accent except it's more American-Russian now. I remember there was some article that as soon as he played for Detroit, they made him learn english stat. Considering how serious he was about playing back then, he probably treated english the same way.
Detroit ? did you mean Boston ?

Old
09-21-2006, 06:54 PM
Habruti!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketlives View Post
If Carbo really wants to win hockey games, he will use the following lines:

Samsonov-Koivu-Kovalev
Higgins-Plekanec-Ryder
Latendresse-Bonk-Johnson
Murray-Ribeiro-Begin

Koivu is a hard working feisty center who knows the European game and will boost the production of the two Russians.

Higgins and Plekanec are very fast and also they're good defensively. Ryder who can't do anything else but score goals won't be as much a defensive liability playing with them.

Lats can put the puck in the net and he can also use his weight to forecheck, dig the puck out of the corners and also disturb the opposing goalie. His defensive weaknesses won't be as noticeable playing with Bonk and Johnson who are both very reliable defensively.

Ribs will have more room on the ice playing with 2 bangers and he will also feed them tape to tape passes to help them improve their offensive stats.

Good lineup, I would not mind the following as well. Somehow I see no future for Ribs with the Habs. If it works I will be the first one to be happy but I doubt it will happen.
Latendresse, Koivu, Ryder
Kostsitsyn, Johnson, Kovalev
Higgins, Plekanek, Samsonov
Begin, Bonk, Murray

Habruti! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2006, 07:27 PM
jordi

Quote:
Originally Posted by #ZAMBONI# View Post
Detroit ? did you mean Boston ?
The first year he played for the Detroit Vipers before going to Boston. He pretty much got his big break in Detroit.

jordi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2006, 12:03 AM
Blades 0f Steel

Opportunistic over-reacting and bashing at it's finest.

Even the best players in the world have a bad game...especially in pre-season, when most veterans don't want to go all-out, nor are they terribly concerned with the results.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2006, 01:34 AM
bosstown

A Bruins fan here, but I come in peace. Just curious to see how you guys were reacting to Samsonov's play. I for one am not looking forward to seeing him 8 times in a Habs sweater. I've got the feeling he's gonna make big plays more than once in those meetings. I'll miss him here, he's fun to watch; but can be a little frustrating. Given a little time, this line could drive defensemen crazy.

bosstown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2006, 01:43 AM
Habsfan18

Quote:
He came to North America when he was 17...ten years ago, amazing how he doesn't sound Russian at all...
yet you have guys like Hasek and Jagr who have been in NA for even longer and you still can't ****ing understand a word they say...

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2006, 03:36 AM
White Snake*

Samsonov will probably get 29 goals again.

White Snake* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2006, 04:45 AM
Paxton Fettel

Quote:
you know what really amazes me is that he speaks RUSSIAN with an AMERICAN accent.

that's something!

Paxton Fettel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2006, 07:03 AM
Renholder
Racing like a pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxton Fettel View Post
you know what really amazes me is that he speaks RUSSIAN with an AMERICAN accent.

that's something!
Ha you'll have to explain that one to me....
little story. I came to canada about 15 years ago and I've totally lost the ability to talk in my native tongue correctly. Can't finish any sentences without including french or english words in them. The only people that understand me are my parents. I guess I speak my language with a canadian accent.

Alright, On to Ribs. The line sounded dangerous on the radio but all I kept hearing was "Kovalev dangerously enters the zone, gets tied up by two defenders and Boston goes the other way"

He wasn't getting any help from Mike or Sergei. That either speaks volume on Kovy's selfishness ,Mike and sergei's unwilligness to tie things up or a lack of chemistry. No Ribs sucking isn't an option. He's on the team because he's the best we got at the moment as hard as it is to digest. I sure as hell hope Pleks takes his place but that won't happen untill pleks elevates his offensive play a noth or two.

Renholder is offline   Reply With Quote