HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

John Moore

Closed Thread

Old
05-06-2013, 10:32 PM
Aufheben
Global Moderator

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by M0rbid View Post
Well, we did give them Erixon for Nash trade.
I was disappointed trading Erixon. Not anymore.

Old
05-06-2013, 10:34 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

vCash: 500
Moore has contributed more (no pun inteded) than Erixon has in his stint with the Rangers. Doesn't necessarily mean Moore will be better, but it seems that Moore is what we projected Erixon to be: solid, 2-way D-man, PPQB (in the making), good skating and mobility.

05-06-2013, 10:36 PM
TCRF
RICK. GNASH

vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
Moore has contributed more (no pun inteded) than Erixon has in his stint with the Rangers. Doesn't necessarily mean Moore will be better, but it seems that Moore is what we projected Erixon to be: solid, 2-way D-man, PPQB (in the making), good skating and mobility.
With a rebel yell she cried Moore. Moore. Moore.

He's good. Cannon shot and isn't scared of it

Old
05-06-2013, 10:38 PM
Krampus
Call me Nils

vCash: 420
They wanted Moore.

The same way they wanted McDonagh.

People saw him as a throw in. Sather/Gorton saw him as the diamond in the rough.

05-06-2013, 10:50 PM
Kwayry

The PP was noticeably better because he was at the point. Hard accurate shot which this team desperately needs.

Old
05-06-2013, 10:51 PM
Green Blob*

He's been so impressive. I coudn't have imagined anything better at this point then hes been.

Old
05-06-2013, 10:56 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess What View Post
With a rebel yell she cried Moore. Moore. Moore.

He's good. Cannon shot and isn't scared of it
I'll be waiting for MSG to play this when Moore scores.

Old
05-06-2013, 11:45 PM
3rd Guy High

Fairly obvious to give the puck to the kid with the 99 mph slapshot and tell him to fire away and try to get pucks through. Thats what happened tonight and it worked. Pleased with his play.

Old
05-07-2013, 12:56 AM
Holocene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Torts: "[Moore] is running our powerplay now."
Rejoice, no more Girardi on the first unit!!!

Old
05-07-2013, 06:43 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDubiZib View Post
They wanted Moore.

People saw him as a throw in. Sather/Gorton saw him as the diamond in the rough.
Yeah, this is correct. Moore received the least amount of attention of any player in the deal, and yet he has such great potential. What an addition he has proven to be.

It's just pain.
Old
05-07-2013, 06:48 AM
SnowblindNYR

I think he's got the best shot on the team. Not necessarily for scoring goals, but for getting deflections and rebounds, low and accurate. Tells you everything you need to know that Torts played Girardi all these games on the PP instead of him, despite Girardi being only better than Emingers as an offensive guy. Torts is terrified of a SHG against. Always coaching not to lose. I can't believe he made the change.

Old
05-07-2013, 06:54 AM
SnowblindNYR

A couple of things:

1) I think Moore is easily the best D-man we have at keeping the puck in on the PP. I bet McDonagh would be good at it too if he got a chance though.

2) Considering the contract and the fact that he plays every other season, I think just getting Moore for Gabby, would have been a good deal.

BTW, is it fair to say Moore>Bickel yet?

This team is definitely more talented than last year's. They just ended up facing a team much better than either of two they played last year. Hell, either of the 3, IMO.

Old
05-07-2013, 07:17 AM
shinchanyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Yeah, this is correct. Moore received the least amount of attention of any player in the deal, and yet he has such great potential. What an addition he has proven to be.
I think there was a sizeable amount of people who did actually note his value b/c there were a couple of posts that inspiredd me to do some digging and it made me realize that a rookie Dman who skates like the wind and is still on his ELC and could be a our Dman for many years to come is likely the biggest centerpiece of the trade. I would think Dorsett definitely got the least amount of attention but I feel like the people who spoke up about Moore were the most vocal and confident in him being the best part of the trade for either side. Especially because this org seems to love scouting D. I was debating with a few people about it and said I was initially annoyed by the trade but that I had changed my tune. That this was a darn good trade b/c of Gab leaving soon in FA and us getting a Dman who should be with us for 5+ years. On top of that we get brassard who has talent and years.

Like I said I was real annoyed by the trade until I read a bunch of Moore posts and did a little digging. my initial thought was "who's this generic no-name"?

Old
05-07-2013, 07:30 AM
Amazing Kreiderman
Night-shift fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
He is definitely a keeper
Really impressed so far
If Skjei and Big Mac develop next year (hopefully Noreau in a few years too) we might see a pretty big trade in a year or two - involving our current D core and adding younger skilled offense
Time will tell
Or... we could focus on drafting some offense in stead of going for D-men all the damn time.

Old
05-07-2013, 07:32 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDubiZib View Post
They wanted Moore.

Exactly this. I will continue to second-guess their forward picks, but when it comes to defensemen, this organization knows their ****. Staal. Girardi. Tyutin. Sanguinetti (playing NHL time in Carolina). McDonagh. Moore. Bickel (yes, he counts). MDZ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
I think he's got the best shot on the team. Not necessarily for scoring goals, but for getting deflections and rebounds, low and accurate. Tells you everything you need to know that Torts played Girardi all these games on the PP instead of him, despite Girardi being only better than Emingers as an offensive guy. Torts is terrified of a SHG against. Always coaching not to lose. I can't believe he made the change.
Girardi gets a lot of crap but he actually controls the puck pretty well on the back-end. He also has a good, hard, low shot. The problem is that with the lack of movement from everyone else, he rarely is able to see the net through the defender standing right in front of him.

Old
05-07-2013, 07:36 AM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Exactly this. I will continue to second-guess their forward picks, but when it comes to defensemen, this organization knows their ****. Staal. Girardi. Tyutin. Sanguinetti (playing NHL time in Carolina). McDonagh. Moore. Bickel (yes, he counts). MDZ.

Girardi gets a lot of crap but he actually controls the puck pretty well on the back-end. He also has a good, hard, low shot. The problem is that with the lack of movement from everyone else, he rarely is able to see the net through the defender standing right in front of him.
And this is the biggest problem with the Rangers PP. No movement to open up passing and shooting lanes. If I'm on the opposing teams PK I'm loving it. Could stay on the ice for most of the PK and not get gassed.

Old
05-07-2013, 07:38 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing Kreiderman View Post
Or... we could focus on drafting some offense in stead of going for D-men all the damn time.
Good d-men are hard to find. Let the Rangers continually keep drafting d-men if they are good at it. Then trade them for a surplus.

Old
05-07-2013, 08:02 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Good d-men are hard to find. Let the Rangers continually keep drafting d-men if they are good at it. Then trade them for a surplus.
If the BPA is a defenseman (in the draft or as an addition in a trade), then you gotta pull the trigger. Can't have too many defensemen. It's like pitching in baseball--the more the better. Everyone always needs defensemen. And how often in recent memory have we seen ourselves getting killed because we're having to dress guys like Bickel, Woywitka and Reitz? Or dressing them but then playing McDonagh and Girardi 30 minutes per night...

Old
05-07-2013, 08:11 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

It really seemed like Moore logged way more time than the stat sheet indicated. He played very well overall. A few mistakes here and there, but his recoveries were quick. Love him putting the puck on net so much on the PP, but I think he passed up a few opportunities to set up a guy with a better angle, or failed to at least wait until there was more traffic in front.

Gotta love the progression overall though. Hopefully he can realize his potential.

Old
05-07-2013, 08:36 AM
Amazing Kreiderman
Night-shift fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
It really seemed like Moore logged way more time than the stat sheet indicated. He played very well overall. A few mistakes here and there, but his recoveries were quick. Love him putting the puck on net so much on the PP, but I think he passed up a few opportunities to set up a guy with a better angle, or failed to at least wait until there was more traffic in front.

Gotta love the progression overall though. Hopefully he can realize his potential.
That's probably because he was on the PP all the time.

Old
05-07-2013, 08:40 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

I like Moore. Kids got a pair of balls.

The only reason I think Girardi gets PP time is because hes a right handed shot. Thats the only thing I can come up with. Even so, I'd rather have Stralman out there. Girardi cant make a play to save his life.

He is literally the last D-man I want on the PP, and that includes a one eyed Staal.

Old
05-07-2013, 08:56 AM
iamthewalrus

Let's not forget this. couldnt figure out the youtube insert, haha http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpF-wyOm3G4

You could feel the fire coming off of him, he's fun to watch. I hope he sticks around. Younger McD with an aggressive bite and PPQB potential

(And not just because there's finally a 17 who I can switch with my Dubinsky jersey )

Old
05-07-2013, 09:06 AM
UAGoalieGuy

So when do the "Moore makes MDZ expendable so let's trade him" start? Lol

Old
05-07-2013, 09:08 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
So when do the "Moore makes MDZ expendable so let's trade him" start? Lol
It started, except it's Staal.

Old
05-07-2013, 09:26 AM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
It started, except it's Staal.
Staal's new nickname is Cyclops. You don't trade away an X-man.

Lol

Closed Thread