HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bozak/Hamilton/Komarov should be replaced for a try.Call up Greg Scott.

Closed Thread

Old
05-07-2013, 09:08 AM
Rob Brown
Way She Goes

vCash: 500
This thread is funny.

Old
05-07-2013, 09:20 AM
htpwn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeo1 View Post
Sorry, I don't think that replacing your top centre with an AHL callup is a smart idea in the middle of a series. Its a fantastically stupid idea.
... and this can not be emphasized enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sept89 View Post
Why? McLaren has pretty decent hockey IQ, big body to crash the net, and can lay all the damage colton orr can't. I don't get the fascination with Komarov, he's a slow skater, small and is not very noticeable.
Komarov will never dazzle with offensive skill or land that big K.O. punch but I find it hard to believe one could watch the Leafs this season and advocate playing McLaren over him, especially with Colton Orr already in the lineup.

He hits everything that moves, gets under the skin of the opposing players, plays the PK, is sound defensively, and while is no speedster, he's still faster than the Blue Bomber duo. I don't know what else one could expect from a 4th line winger?

As an aside, I'd be hesitant to look at ice time totals last night and argue, like the OP did, that it was Komarov's "ineffectiveness" that led him to play only 7 minutes. Hamilton only played 7:38, Orr played 4:49, and McClement played only 8:49. It is blatantly obvious that Carlyle was trying to generate offense after falling behind 4-1, which led to a reduction of minutes for the likes of Komarov and McClement.

Old
05-07-2013, 09:24 AM
Mess
Global Moderator

I don't think there is any reason to believe Bozak or Komarov are going anywhere when it comes to the Leafs chances to ice the best line-up they can.

Hamilton is the only player in question, and he played very well his first game in.. Switching him for MacArthur would add more offense but sacrifice size and strength in the process. Colborne is the other option in his place but Leafs already have their top 3 line centers so it would only be centering the 4th line at best and Bruins are excellent in the face-off dot even their depth players Kelly etc and Colborne would be outmatched.

McLaren and Orr could rotate in and out for each other to shake things up a bit and give the Bruins a different look.

There are no Marlies that one would insert into this series believing they were better than what Leafs have available now. IMO

Old
05-07-2013, 09:30 AM
thewave
100% Right Trust Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess View Post
I don't think there is any reason to believe Bozak or Komarov are going anywhere when it comes to the Leafs chances to ice the best line-up they can.

Hamilton is the only player in question, and he played very well his first game in.. Switching him for MacArthur would add more offense but sacrifice size and strength in the process. Colborne is the other option in his place but Leafs already have their top 3 line centers so it would only be centering the 4th line at best and Bruins are excellent in the face-off dot even their depth players Kelly etc and Colborne would be outmatched.

McLaren and Orr could rotate in and out for each other to shake things up a bit and give the Bruins a different look.

There are no Marlies that one would insert into this series believing they were better than what Leafs have available now. IMO
They have a better balance of D aware forwards with good offense over 4 lines. Our D is lacking in its ability to make it happen and the 1C is dismal at best. Our offense top end is better but the Bs are better at the back end by leaps and bounds

Old
05-07-2013, 09:34 AM
TmlHockeyFan

This is playoff hockey. There is no time to start experimenting with new players from the AHL.

Old
05-07-2013, 09:35 AM
The Winter Soldier
Team NHL

The 2 players that are hurting us right now are:

Grabo -4, 1 pt Zero goals
Kule -5, 1 pt. Zero goals

If you are going to be over -1 per game, you better be atleast scoring, and by producing I do not mean 'looking good'. Results guys, we need results like Peverley provided for the Bruins last night not supposedly just 'looking good'.

Old
05-07-2013, 09:40 AM
thewave
100% Right Trust Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
The 2 players that are hurting us right now are:

Grabo -4, 1 pt Zero goals
Kule -5, 1 pt. Zero goals

If you are going to be over -1 per game, you better be atleast scoring, and by producing I do not mean 'looking good'. Results guys, we need results like Peverley provided for the Bruins last night not supposedly just 'looking good'.
No, no they are not. The inadequate AHL D are doing that, thanks for posting though.

Old
05-07-2013, 09:42 AM
The Winter Soldier
Team NHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by theremedial View Post
No, no they are not. The inadequate AHL D are doing that, thanks for posting though.
Glad you have finally come to your senses, yes, they are not helping us, a combined -9 after 3 games with zero goals would attest to this.

Old
05-07-2013, 09:54 AM
Smif

Quote:
There's really only two plays when I notice Grabo out there. 1 when he's getting run over, and 2 when I say "wtf was the Kessel?" and then I realize it was Grabo.

Old
05-07-2013, 09:54 AM
thewave
100% Right Trust Me!

Quote:
Glad you have finally come to your senses, yes, they are not helping us, a combined -9 after 3 games with zero goals would attest to this.
There is difference between me and you is, I am right and you are wrong. The two you mentioned could be finishing better, where is PPG Kadri? I don't even see that as a problem either. It's the AHL D which Reims covered for during the last 15 games. We needed a JBo we got ROB we need a Ranger type and even Komi would perform better. Jake is great with a hard nose defensive D, last pairing at that but situationally slotted.

Old
05-07-2013, 10:00 AM
The Winter Soldier
Team NHL

Quote:
There is difference between me and you is, I am right and you are wrong. The two you mentioned could be finishing better, where is PPG Kadri? I don't even see that as a problem either. It's the AHL D which Reims covered for during the last 15 games. We needed a JBo we got ROB we need a Ranger type and even Komi would perform better. Jake is great with a hard nose defensive D, last pairing at that but situationally slotted.
You missed the key words of my post, if you are going to be over -1 per game in the playoffs, you better be scoring some goals. Has Grabo or Kule scored 1 goal this series thus far?

Kadri is not -4 or -5 this series, a key distinction you missed.

Old
05-07-2013, 10:04 AM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
You can't combine +/- of linemates, that only works for dramatic effect.

When a goal is scored against the Leafs while they're on the ice together, that accounts for a -1 each, not -2 combined as only a single goal was scored to create that scenario not 2.

Old
05-07-2013, 10:08 AM
The Winter Soldier
Team NHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess View Post
You can't combine +/- of linemates, that only works for dramatic effect.

When a goal is scored against the Leafs while they're on the ice together, that accounts for a -1 each not -2 combined as only a single goal was scored to create that scenario.
It's hard to ignore isn't it?

Kule and Grabo are back together, and they are -5 and -4 for us, that means we are being killed 5 on 5 with these 2. If they were scoring goals, it would atleast even up to a point, but one thing we do know, you don't win 7 game series, with players over -1 per game.

For those that think so, you are living in a make belief world. Time to break these 2 up permanantly.

Old
05-07-2013, 10:14 AM
ULF_55

Base on responses/

The New York Rangers are the most valuable NHL franchise at $1.2 billion, taking the top spot on the Forbes list for the first time since 2004.

The magazine said Tuesday that Montreal is second at $1.18 billion, followed by Toronto at $1.15 billion.
Closed Thread