HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Dallas Stars
Notices

2013 NHL Entry Draft

View Poll Results: Where will Dallas pick for the 2013 NHL Entry Draft?
1st-5th 14 22.58%
6th-10th 26 41.94%
11th-15th 16 25.81%
16th-20th 4 6.45%
21st-25th 1 1.61%
26th-30th 1 1.61%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
05-02-2013, 08:49 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
Milana <3

vCash: 157
1st - Jones
2nd - MacKinnon
3rd - Drouin
4th - Barkov
5th - Nurse
6th - Monahan
7th - Ristolainen
8th - Nichushkin
9th - Shinkaruk
10th - Lindholm

Actually seems pretty plausible to me.

Old
05-02-2013, 10:20 PM
eartotheground
steam powered gmjn

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to eartotheground
Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave_35 View Post
I don't see them as the same. Neal was an established NHL player and Faksa is a prospect. Comparing that trade to a possible move up in the draft isn't fair, they are two entirely different scenarios. Are you suggesting that if Faksa is available that we should find out what every team is willing to offer without regard to the draft? If what management wants is a player in this draft who can be had at 7 but can't get up to 6, 5, 4, etc. with Faksa then it's a good trade.

For the record, I'm not necessarily advocating this trade I'm just wondering what his possible value might be.
hmm.. i'm not sure why it's not the same. what if, team x has a prospect that our scouts feel is equal to or better than who would be available at the 7 spot, but they never bothered to ask?

Old
05-05-2013, 10:56 AM
MB94
@MBFarina94

Had a dream that Oilers traded for the 2nd overall pick and we traded for the Oilers 7th. Don't ask lol

Old
05-05-2013, 06:43 PM
glovesave_35
Name

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by eartotheground View Post
hmm.. i'm not sure why it's not the same. what if, team x has a prospect that our scouts feel is equal to or better than who would be available at the 7 spot, but they never bothered to ask?
Because teams hardly ever trade prospects of that sort. When was the last time a player one year removed from being a top 15 pick was traded for another prospect?

Old
05-05-2013, 09:17 PM
eartotheground
steam powered gmjn

Send a message via AIM to eartotheground
Quote:
Because teams hardly ever trade prospects of that sort. When was the last time a player one year removed from being a top 15 pick was traded for another prospect?
good point. i haven't a clue.

Old
05-05-2013, 09:51 PM
ginblossoms

Send a message via ICQ to ginblossoms
Quote:
i think jack johnson qualifies technically, but that involved some mitigating circumstances.

Old
05-05-2013, 10:02 PM
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!

Rundblad was traded a year after he was drafted for around the same number pick in the 1st round.

Old
05-05-2013, 10:50 PM
tjcurrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by txomisc View Post
Yeah and I only think he'd be a reach because this draft is so quality. My gut actually tells me that Gauthier will be a slightly better NHL player than Faksa but I really want the homerun this year.
I really like Gauthier and because of the depth this year, I'm not sure how much I'd be willing to give just to move up 3 spots. I'm not sure I would consider that a homerun myself. If we could move in to the top 4 then we're talking. Getting one of Mackinnon, Drouin (yes please) or Barkov would be the hockey equivalent to intercourse with Jennifer Aniston. Hopefully their career would last longer than 20 seconds though.

If I'm management and I can't move in to the top 4 and even moving up just 3 spots will cost an arm and/or a leg, I think I sit back comfortably with #10. I really would like Boston to make the East and then use that pick to trade up and obtain a pick in the early teens. No guarantee Gauthier is till there but grabbing say Shinkaruk or Nurse at #10 and then Gauthier mid round-ish is a dream scenario for me.

At the very worst, use #10 to take Gauthier and I think we're doing well.

Old
05-07-2013, 01:45 PM
SolidusAKA

Anybody think Loui for the 2nd overall is worth it? Basically Loui for Mackinnon? Not sure Nill would move Loui, but Im curious if anyone thinks the value is there? Is it worth it?

Old
05-07-2013, 01:49 PM
Cristiano Ronaldo
Ballon d'Or 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidusAKA View Post
Anybody think Loui for the 2nd overall is worth it? Basically Loui for Mackinnon? Not sure Nill would move Loui, but Im curious if anyone thinks the value is there? Is it worth it?
No chance Florida does that.

Old
05-07-2013, 01:49 PM
SolidusAKA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristiano Ronaldo View Post
No chance Florida does that.
Do they need something else or is it just not enough value to move it?

Old
05-07-2013, 01:53 PM
Cristiano Ronaldo
Ballon d'Or 2013

Quote:
Do they need something else or is it just not enough value to move it?
Florida isn't trying to win "right now." They're building for the future and if they draft MacKinnon, he will be the face of their franchise for many years. Eriksson is a good piece, but I don't think he'd fit into their plans.

Old
05-07-2013, 01:56 PM
SolidusAKA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristiano Ronaldo View Post
Florida isn't trying to win "right now." They're building for the future and if they draft MacKinnon, he will be the face of their franchise for many years. Eriksson is a good piece, but I don't think he'd fit into their plans.
That makes a lot of sense. I was just curious because they have a lot of depth at center now in terms of prospects and might have been looking for a star winger or something. To be honest, I'm just shooting in the dark

Would Dallas fans do it if it was on the table?

Old
05-07-2013, 02:03 PM
Cristiano Ronaldo
Ballon d'Or 2013

Quote:
That makes a lot of sense. I was just curious because they have a lot of depth at center now in terms of prospects and might have been looking for a star winger or something. To be honest, I'm just shooting in the dark

Would Dallas fans do it if it was on the table?
There's been talk of him actually playing RW for them, but that's all speculation.

Personally, yes I would do that deal if it was on the table.

Old
05-07-2013, 02:26 PM
Cin
Buck Fettman.

vCash: 513
I'd trade Louie but I don't think there's a shot in hell that Nill will.

Old
05-07-2013, 02:30 PM
Sony Eriksson*

So with the plethora of D prospects that we have is it safe to say that we draft forwards the 1st and 2nd rounds?

Old
05-07-2013, 02:31 PM
Hull Fan
Duck Hunting

Yes I'd do that deal but no Florida would not. Loui for the 5th might be doable assuming Carolina wants help now. If Loui can net you MacKinnon/Barkov without giving up our 10th I'd do it. Especially if Dallas can then move up and nab Lindholm/Monahan as well. I don't think there are many ways that's possible but I hope Nill is kicking the tires for every conceivable deal. You never know what you may get until you ask.

Old
05-07-2013, 02:41 PM
WhoahNow

MacKinnon, Drouin, Barkov, Nichushkin, Lindholm, Monahan, and Jones, Nurse, Pulock, Ristolainen, Zadarov those are arguably the top 11 prospects and I'd be happy with any one of them with the #10 pick.

Then there is still other prospects like Wennberg, Domi, Horvat, Zykov, Mantha, Morrissey, Gauthier, Lazar who have a lot of potential, but I'd be more comfortable with someone from the first group unless it was another pick or a move up if we get the Boston first rounder.

As long as the Stars don't reach and take a player off the board I'll be pretty stoked with this draft. Not to mention the Stars have 10 picks overall to make this year.

If the Canucks lose tonight do we get the 15th pick in the second round (Roy trade) or is it still a late second because they won their division? I'm not really sure how the order works for playoff teams eliminated.

Old
05-07-2013, 02:53 PM
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoahNow View Post
MacKinnon, Drouin, Barkov, Nichushkin, Lindholm, Monahan, and Jones, Nurse, Pulock, Ristolainen, Zadarov those are arguably the top 11 prospects and I'd be happy with any one of them with the #10 pick.

Then there is still other prospects like Wennberg, Domi, Horvat, Zykov, Mantha, Morrissey, Gauthier, Lazar who have a lot of potential, but I'd be more comfortable with someone from the first group unless it was another pick or a move up if we get the Boston first rounder.

As long as the Stars don't reach and take a player off the board I'll be pretty stoked with this draft. Not to mention the Stars have 10 picks overall to make this year.

If the Canucks lose tonight do we get the 15th pick in the second round (Roy trade) or is it still a late second because they won their division? I'm not really sure how the order works for playoff teams eliminated.
I think as division winners they have the latest pick of the teams eliminated at the same stage of the playoffs. So if no other division winners lose this round they pick 22nd maybe?

Old
05-07-2013, 02:57 PM
Hull Fan
Duck Hunting

So even though I don't like San Jose, Vancouver losing early is a benefit. I'm okay with this.

Old
05-07-2013, 03:29 PM
piqued
Global Moderator

vCash: 20645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hull Fan View Post
So even though I don't like San Jose, Vancouver losing early is a benefit. I'm okay with this.
You're going to like my pick in the mod mock draft.

Old
05-07-2013, 03:35 PM
Hull Fan
Duck Hunting

Dallas needs Carolina and Edmonton to go defense and Buffalo/NJ to want a winger. That's all.

Old
05-07-2013, 03:45 PM
Captain Awesome

Carolina doesn't draft defensemen in the 1st round with the exception of Ryan Murphy. I guess Jack Johnson must have left a bad taste in their mouth. I guess there's always an outside shot of it happening.

Old
05-07-2013, 05:35 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
Milana <3

vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattoo View Post
So with the plethora of D prospects that we have is it safe to say that we draft forwards the 1st and 2nd rounds?
BPA. Every time in the first round.

Old
05-07-2013, 05:36 PM
tjcurrie

Quote:
Yeah no chance Florida does that. But yes I would move Loui for DROUIN in a heart beat.

Closed Thread