HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rick Nash

Closed Thread

Old
05-07-2013, 12:37 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
More to hockey than points.

Ovechkin is pretty much doing everything, but putting points on the board. The Caps are always a threat when he's on the ice and he's created a lot of chances.
No **** eh? What does it all boil down to? Production. Has he done a good job helping his team? Yes. Has it been as miraculous as you or NBC would like me to believe? Nope.

You can hit as much as you want, take as many shots as you want, set up as many teammates as you want but at the end of the day if you lose it's all for naught.

Old
05-07-2013, 02:10 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
No **** eh? What does it all boil down to? Production. Has he done a good job helping his team? Yes. Has it been as miraculous as you or NBC would like me to believe? Nope.

You can hit as much as you want, take as many shots as you want, set up as many teammates as you want but at the end of the day if you lose it's all for naught.
So was Lundqvist's effort in game 2 nothing to talk about? He lost that game, remember. Are we supposed to ignore how he put the team on his back and in return the team let him down?

Old
05-07-2013, 02:14 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Quote:
So was Lundqvist's effort in game 2 nothing to talk about? He lost that game, remember. Are we supposed to ignore how he put the team on his back and in return the team let him down?
Apples and oranges. You can't compare the efforts of goalies versus skaters.

Goalies can steal games even if the rest of the team plays like garbage.

Skaters can only steal games if they end up scoring points, no matter how well they play.

05-07-2013, 02:28 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
Apples and oranges. You can't compare the efforts of goalies versus skaters.

Goalies can steal games even if the rest of the team plays like garbage.

Skaters can only steal games if they end up scoring points, no matter how well they play.
I disagree. Skaters can largely impact a game positively even in a loss. Remember how McDonagh played a 1000 minutes vs. the Caps last year in game 3 which ended in triple OT? What if a fluke bounce got by Lundqvist while Bickel and Stralman are on the ice? Are we supposed to fault McDonagh somehow, despite playing his butt off?

Old
05-07-2013, 02:36 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

You disagree with everything man... So no I don't think it's comparable and no I don't discredit Lundqvist for his stellar effort, he needed goal support and he didn't get it. On the other hand you could say Nash was more valuable to the Rangers last night than Ovechkin was to the Capitals while playing a much less dynamic or impressive game. His team needed a goal and he helped them to get it.

Posted in the PGT but I feel it's relevant to this discussion, check out Ovechkin on this play.

Old
05-07-2013, 03:07 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
You disagree with everything man... So no I don't think it's comparable and no I don't discredit Lundqvist for his stellar effort, he needed goal support and he didn't get it. On the other hand you could say Nash was more valuable to the Rangers last night than Ovechkin was to the Capitals while playing a much less dynamic or impressive game. His team needed a goal and he helped them to get it.

Posted in the PGT but I feel it's relevant to this discussion, check out Ovechkin on this play.

I don't think it's farfetched concept to suggest a player can play well without registering a point. But am I alone on that one too?

Old
05-07-2013, 04:12 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
I don't think it's farfetched concept to suggest a player can play well without registering a point. But am I alone on that one too?
Didn't I already say that? Would you rather they play well and you lose or have an average game and you win? This is getting tiresome. So I'll leave it at this, while Ovechkin has been playing very well his impact has been overstated.

Old
05-07-2013, 04:36 PM
Jersey Girl

The Capitals best players have been MUCH better than our best players. Callahan is the only one who has lifted his game for the playoffs...the rest look like they're feeling their way.

If that doesn't change this series won't last long.

Old
05-07-2013, 04:37 PM
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
The Capitals best players have been MUCH better than our best players. Callahan is the only one who has lifted his game for the playoffs...the rest look like they're feeling their way.

If that doesn't change this series won't last long.
I haven't seen that.

Old
05-07-2013, 04:38 PM
TCRF
RICK. GNASH

vCash: 476
Quote:
No you aren't, but you're grasping at straws now. In this game, Nash stepped up at that instance and "fed" Stepan. Nash has had other scoring chances too, but I'm not gonna get into that with you because you'll discredit him and say how better everyone else is.

Edit: yeah GJG I haven;t seen that either.

Old
05-07-2013, 04:40 PM
Jersey Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind Jam Grind View Post
I haven't seen that.
Callahan is at least playing hard...he made sure he got in the face of Holtby and stirred things up around the net every chance he got. Too many playoff game fly-by's for Nash, Stepan, Richards, etc.

You can see the sense of urgency in Callahan's game.

Old
05-07-2013, 04:46 PM
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard

Quote:
Callahan is at least playing hard...he made sure he got in the face of Holtby and stirred things up around the net every chance he got. Too many playoff game fly-by's for Nash, Stepan, Richards, etc.

You can see the sense of urgency in Callahan's game.
He has been killing our forecheck. Turnovers galore. He's trying, but he's much more capable of holding onto the puck better than what he has shown. His PK and defensive work are always there.

Nash, since this thread is about him, looks like he's trying to do too much. He needs to relax and let the game come to him. He is a good enough player that that will happen. I also think that Callahan needs to come off his line permanently. Stepan has chemistry with anyone. Let it be Nash.

Old
05-07-2013, 05:01 PM
Jersey Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind Jam Grind View Post
He has been killing our forecheck. Turnovers galore. He's trying, but he's much more capable of holding onto the puck better than what he has shown. His PK and defensive work are always there.

Nash, since this thread is about him, looks like he's trying to do too much. He needs to relax and let the game come to him. He is a good enough player that that will happen. I also think that Callahan needs to come off his line permanently. Stepan has chemistry with anyone. Let it be Nash.
I hope Nash's game comes to him soon...before it's too late.

Old
05-07-2013, 05:05 PM
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard

Quote:
I hope Nash's game comes to him soon...before it's too late.
I think it will if he stops playing like he's in Columbus.

Maybe getting that all important assist will be a key point for him. He definitely knew what he was aiming for.

His best parts of the season was when he wasn't doing everything by himself.

Old
05-07-2013, 06:38 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Didn't I already say that? Would you rather they play well and you lose or have an average game and you win? This is getting tiresome. So I'll leave it at this, while Ovechkin has been playing very well his impact has been overstated.
Well your question has to be used with context.

Am I happy with the win? Absolutely, we're back in the series.

Am I convinced the one win will change the series around? No, I don't feel it, because they've been brutally outplayed aside from the scoreboard. Game 2 was a big disgrace for this team. Game 3, they didn't improve their play much so I'm not convinced anything is gonna change rest of the way.

Right now, Ovi's production hasn't been that good, but he has created by far the most chances on either team. Law of averages will suggest he's going to pot a few points sooner or later if he continues to dominate on the ice (but not the scoreboard).

Old
05-07-2013, 06:43 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess What View Post
No you aren't, but you're grasping at straws now. In this game, Nash stepped up at that instance and "fed" Stepan. Nash has had other scoring chances too, but I'm not gonna get into that with you because you'll discredit him and say how better everyone else is.

Edit: yeah GJG I haven;t seen that either.
Nash was being called out in the GDT by everyone before the Stepan goal. Overall, he had a very bad game for a team with cup aspirations. He was getting knocked around and fumbling the puck all night. Stepan for example was playing bad the whole game until really that final goal which woke him up. Overall both played bad, but hopefully that last goal will create confidence for both next game.

Old
05-07-2013, 06:46 PM
Amazing Kreiderman
Night-shift fan!

Kershaw, come on man!

Game 1, we were the better team
Game 2, equal but we could have easily won that one
Game 3, I guess it's equal, given that both teams had their momentum and we won

This series is as open as Tiger Woods' relationships. This can really go either way.

Old
05-07-2013, 06:46 PM
NYRKING30

Nash does need to step it up more but we have more problems then him. Jury is still out on Nash.

Old
05-07-2013, 06:54 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing Kreiderman View Post
Kershaw, come on man!

Game 1, we were the better team
Game 2, equal but we could have easily won that one
Game 3, I guess it's equal, given that both teams had their momentum and we won

This series is as open as Tiger Woods' relationships. This can really go either way.
I agree, game 1 was the game where the team played the best, but not a great result unfortunately.

Completely disagree with the other 2. I felt we were clearly the worst team in both games.

Old
05-07-2013, 06:55 PM
NYRKING30

Quote:
I agree, game 1 was the game where the team played the best, but not a great result unfortunately.

Completely disagree with the other 2. I felt we were clearly the worst team in both games.
Agreed, Craps were dominant last night in the 5 on 5 play. This is gonna go down just like the 2011 series IMO.

Old
05-07-2013, 06:58 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRKING30 View Post
Agreed, Craps were dominant last night in the 5 on 5 play. This is gonna go down just like the 2011 series IMO.
Unfortunately, I have to agree. Caps in 5 most likely with their dominance at ES. Me and Bloo Blooded earlier discussed the complete 180 the team has done in the playoffs possession wise at ES.

Old
05-07-2013, 07:01 PM
Amazing Kreiderman
Night-shift fan!

Caps dominant at ES? Really? I guess we disagree on that. The game was pretty equal with the Caps being dominant in the first and final minutes.

Anyway, this can go either way.

Old
05-07-2013, 07:03 PM
NYRKING30

Quote:
Unfortunately, I have to agree. Caps in 5 most likely with their dominance at ES. Me and Bloo Blooded earlier discussed the complete 180 the team has done in the playoffs possession wise at ES.
Yeah I was thinking about that too earlier which in itself blows your mind. The funny thing is the Craps last PP last night in the last 2 mins resembled our PP where they all looked tentative passing it around making the extra pass looking for the perfect chance. Im expecting an OT loss just like Game 4 of 2011 ( I was at that game). We blew a 3-0 lead in the 3rd and lost in double OT. That was the "Can You Hear Us" game.

Old
05-07-2013, 07:05 PM
NYRKING30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing Kreiderman View Post
Caps dominant at ES? Really? I guess we disagree on that. The game was pretty equal with the Caps being dominant in the first and final minutes.

Anyway, this can go either way.
In reality it can go either way. You didn't hear Joe and Sam last night talking about the Caps dominant 5 on 5 play. The penalties killed them and their flow last night and STILL nearly won. Granted 3 of their goals were all fluky/deflections.

Old
05-09-2013, 05:00 AM
toewsintangibles

Nash has been shooting the puck a lot, but nothing is going in.

If he can get going, this team will have another dimension

I really though Nash would be a playoff player

Closed Thread