HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-14 Manchester Monarchs Thread

Closed Thread

Old
05-06-2013, 02:59 AM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

vCash: 500
Toffoli wasnt in Manchester, but a healthy scratch for the Kings.

Actually kinda sad to see. Now he was useless for everybody.

Old
05-06-2013, 09:23 AM
Fat Elvis

How did Forbort look in their series?

Old
05-06-2013, 09:53 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frolov 6'3 View Post
Toffoli wasnt in Manchester, but a healthy scratch for the Kings.

Actually kinda sad to see. Now he was useless for everybody.
You may be right, but it is not like Sutter is completely wrong either. The parent team comes first and Toffoli is the first one in if the top 6 suffers an injury or an extremely poor performance. Cant' afford to have him get injured in Manchester if LA is making a push for the cup. He is also part of a Stanley Cup run, which will be expected of him from here on out in his career. He probably should have been playing in Manchester, but there are a lot of positives to take from the experience and situation as well.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Old
05-06-2013, 10:55 AM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
You may be right, but it is not like Sutter is completely wrong either. The parent team comes first and Toffoli is the first one in if the top 6 suffers an injury or an extremely poor performance. Cant' afford to have him get injured in Manchester if LA is making a push for the cup. He is also part of a Stanley Cup run, which will be expected of him from here on out in his career. He probably should have been playing in Manchester, but there are a lot of positives to take from the experience and situation as well.
Very true. And this guy is getting front-row seats (well, not really ) to the most physical series (yesterday's MTL/OTT game nonwithstanding) in a while. I almost hope he could get at least one game just to get a 'feel' of what it's like out there, but I can imagine in his head, Toffoli is going "holy **** I'd better hit the gym".

Old
05-07-2013, 11:20 AM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Hextall says he want Mark Morris back as head coach in Manchester. (contract expired) Although I times I don't always like Morris's decisions. I think he's a good coach. And you can't argue with his results. He's played a major roll in the talent we have in LA now.

http://www.unionleader.com/article/2...08/1003/sports

Old
05-07-2013, 12:50 PM
Vino

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTKingsFan View Post
Hextall says he want Mark Morris back as head coach in Manchester.
What you think, what kind of team they will have next season?

Goalies, signed: J-F Berube

Goalies, RFA: Martin Jones

Goalies, unsigned CHL-prospects + others: Christopher Gibson, Peter Mannino

Defence, signed: Cambell, DesLauriers, Forbort, Roach (AHL or WHL?)

Defence, RFA: Bodnarchuk, Kolomatis

Defence, unsigned CHL-prospects + others: Miller, LoVerde

Forwards, signed: Weal, Cliche, Czarnik, Shore, Andreoff, Toffoli (AHL or NHL?), Vey (AHL or NHL?), Pearson (AHL or NHL?)

Forwards, RFA: O'Neill, Kozun, Legein

Forwards, UFA: Meckler, Stewart

Forwards, unsigned CHL-prospects + others: Hyka, Kitsyn, Schumacher, Yellow Horn, Sabourin, Bishop

If Toffoli, Vey and Pearson won't be back, there is not much skill in this group.

Last edited by Vino: 05-07-2013 at 01:54 PM.
Old
05-07-2013, 01:21 PM
damacles1156

I see the Kings drafting over age people again this draft. That seems to be working for the scouts when they have to pick in the lower rounds.

Plus Lombardi is giving them a lot of swings this year. The Kings have quite a few draft picks (I think 7 to 9 if I am correct)

Manchester will get restocked, no need to worry guys.

Old
05-07-2013, 02:22 PM
Fat Elvis

Do you think LA signs Sabourin? Is he pretty much in the mold of Andreoff and Clifford?

Old
05-07-2013, 03:20 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vino View Post
What you think, what kind of team they will have next season?

Goalies, signed: J-F Berube
Goalies, RFA: Martin Jones
Goalies, unsigned CHL-prospects + others: Christopher Gibson, Peter Mannino

Defence, signed: Cambell, DesLauriers, Forbort, Roach (AHL or WHL?)

Defence, RFA: Bodnarchuk, Kolomatis

Defence, unsigned CHL-prospects + others: Miller, LoVerde
Forwards, signed: Weal, Cliche, Czarnik, Shore, Andreoff, Toffoli(AHL or NHL?), Vey (AHL or NHL?), Pearson (AHL or NHL?)

Forwards, RFA: O'Neill, Kozun, Legein

Forwards, UFA: Meckler, Stewart

Forwards, unsigned CHL-prospects + others: Hyka, Kitsyn, Schumacher, Yellow Horn, Sabourin, Bishop

If Toffoli, Vey and Pearson won't be back, there is not much skill in this group.
I'd say all of the bolded get new contracts and/or are assigned to Manch by the Kings. The names in Italics are in Manchester (probably invites to Kings training camp) on AHL deals.

If Kolomatis hasn't gotten a look now I doubt it happens and he is let go. I can see Bodnarchuk, and perhaps one of Legien or O'Neill signed to provide depth in the event of Toffoli, Vey, Shore, etc forcing the Kings to keep someone in LA.

Basically:

Jones
Berube
Gibson (Ontario)

Campbell - Deslauriers
Forbort - Bodnarchuk
Roach - Miller
Maybe Kolomatis if they want a spare guy.

Pearson - Vey - Toffoli
Weal - Shore - Andreoff
Czarnik - Cliche - Kozun
Kitsyn - Yellow Horn - Hyka
Sabourin

Looks pretty solid group of young versus old to me unless you start losing guys like Cliche, Bodnarchuk, Campbell to waivers.

Old
05-08-2013, 06:59 AM
seen em all

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
I'd say all of the bolded get new contracts and/or are assigned to Manch by the Kings. The names in Italics are in Manchester (probably invites to Kings training camp) on AHL deals.

If Kolomatis hasn't gotten a look now I doubt it happens and he is let go. I can see Bodnarchuk, and perhaps one of Legien or O'Neill signed to provide depth in the event of Toffoli, Vey, Shore, etc forcing the Kings to keep someone in LA.

Basically:

Jones
Berube
Gibson (Ontario)

Campbell - Deslauriers
Forbort - Bodnarchuk
Roach - Miller
Maybe Kolomatis if they want a spare guy.

Pearson - Vey - Toffoli
Weal - Shore - Andreoff
Czarnik - Cliche - Kozun
Kitsyn - Yellow Horn - Hyka
Sabourin

Looks pretty solid group of young versus old to me unless you start losing guys like Cliche, Bodnarchuk, Campbell to waivers.
Sabourin is signed for 2 years I believe, I heard through the grapevine that he and Forbort will likely be recalled to LA sometime this week.I would presume they are both in the picture for the near future.

Old
05-08-2013, 07:01 AM
seen em all

Quote:
Originally Posted by DP View Post
Do you think LA signs Sabourin? Is he pretty much in the mold of Andreoff and Clifford?
I would presume that Sabourin signs with LA before July 1st/13

Old
05-08-2013, 03:16 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by seen em all View Post
I would presume that Sabourin signs with LA before July 1st/13
I just heard that Sabourin was in our plans and that he is well liked by the team. I also heard that Yellow is going to be a long term plan by us too. Roach is going to play in MCH next year. Andy Andreoff is going to get a long look at joining us next season. Morris said he thinks that AA is ready to play in a ltd role. I also heard that DL and MM both want Vey back in MCH next season unless things change. Everyone loves the kid but wants him to get another year on the farm if at all possible.

The most likely candidate to make the jump of our top 6 forward for next season (assuming that TT is already going to be there) is TannerP (charmin). Some think he might be ready for 2nd line LW spot duty and that he might start as our starting 3rd line LW going into next season if everything works out.

Much more stuff but I am tired. I will try to get back later.

Old
05-08-2013, 05:28 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
I just heard that Sabourin was in our plans and that he is well liked by the team. I also heard that Yellow is going to be a long term plan by us too. Roach is going to play in MCH next year. Andy Andreoff is going to get a long look at joining us next season. Morris said he thinks that AA is ready to play in a ltd role. I also heard that DL and MM both want Vey back in MCH next season unless things change. Everyone loves the kid but wants him to get another year on the farm if at all possible.

The most likely candidate to make the jump of our top 6 forward for next season (assuming that TT is already going to be there) is TannerP (charmin). Some think he might be ready for 2nd line LW spot duty and that he might start as our starting 3rd line LW going into next season if everything works out.

Much more stuff but I am tired. I will try to get back later.
Wouldn't surprise me about Tanner Pearson, he doesn't have much more to grow in Manchester.

Vey is probably ready, but he play's Center...The deepest spot on the Kings. Also who would have thought that Stoll would play so well.

Stoll has really embraced his role. Andy is a perfect Fourth Line Center, that can sometimes step into Third line duty.

Fraser is going to have a battle on his hands to keep his spot next season (that's good).

Old
05-08-2013, 06:36 PM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Wouldn't surprise me about Tanner Pearson, he doesn't have much more to grow in Manchester.

Vey is probably ready, but he play's Center...The deepest spot on the Kings. Also who would have thought that Stoll would play so well.

Stoll has really embraced his role. Andy is a perfect Fourth Line Center, that can sometimes step into Third line duty.

Fraser is going to have a battle on his hands to keep his spot next season (that's good).
I thought Vey can also play wing?

Old
05-08-2013, 06:44 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by seen em all View Post
Sabourin is signed for 2 years I believe, I heard through the grapevine that he and Forbort will likely be recalled to LA sometime this week.I would presume they are both in the picture for the near future.
When did Sabourin sign with LA? He signed a 2-year deal with the Monarchs back in April (link below) but to be called up to LA I'm pretty sure the Kings would need to sign him first...

http://www.manchestermonarchs.com/news.php?nid=4704

Old
05-08-2013, 07:50 PM
David Strorm
@ControlPuck

I think that Roach could spend another season in the Dub. Dominating might do him some good, and Calgary has potential to have a good team and go far again.

Old
05-08-2013, 08:41 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenKing18 View Post
I thought Vey can also play wing?
He can but the Kings want him at Center.

Old
05-08-2013, 09:16 PM
CNS
A World Alone

vCash: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by ControlPuck View Post
I think that Roach could spend another season in the Dub. Dominating might do him some good, and Calgary has potential to have a good team and go far again.
I agree with this. He's made a good step this past year but I wouldn't say he has nothing to learn from another year in the CHL. He's not dominant enough to really be a lock for a spot in the AHL. Plus, Kolomatis was the best offensive d for Manch I believe and I'm sure they'd like to have him back.

As others have said, I expect Gibson to be signed and sent to Ontario.

Old
05-08-2013, 09:25 PM
David Strorm
@ControlPuck

I got to watch the series of Hitmen vs Oil Kings on DirectTv. Roach was alright. Sometimes he was great, sometimes he was pretty bad.
Bring him to Manchester when Calgary is eliminated. I think Kolomatis and LoVerde should be brought back as well. They are great players.

Old
05-10-2013, 08:06 PM
Malkinstheman

Hey guys, just wanted to stop by and ask about zatkoff. Looking at his stats he seems like be struggles in the playoffs, is this on the team or him?
What could he become in the nhl if he were to develop a bit more?

Old
05-10-2013, 09:23 PM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

I didn't get to see him play in Manchester, but from what I would watch him in development camp, he just gets severe cold streaks, and even though he's very coachable and he makes adjustments, there are just holes that allow the puck to find their way through him.

I can't say if it's a playoff situation or not, though.

Old
05-10-2013, 10:09 PM
David Strorm
@ControlPuck

Are there any undrafted free agents we may be looking at for next season? Ryan O'Connor D(Barrie), Nathan Chiarlitti D(Owen Sound), Mathias Niederberger G(Barrie), Ben Duffy and Josh Currie F(PEI). Just some notable examples. None are over 6 feet, but are all quality players that might be able to earn a spot in Ontario or Manchester.

Old
05-11-2013, 08:31 PM
damacles1156

The Development camp is where we found out what UFA the Kings are looking at.

I love the Development camp, lots of kids get invited and you get some surprise guys like Roach.

Old
05-12-2013, 01:17 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ControlPuck View Post
Are there any undrafted free agents we may be looking at for next season? Ryan O'Connor D(Barrie), Nathan Chiarlitti D(Owen Sound), Mathias Niederberger G(Barrie), Ben Duffy and Josh Currie F(PEI). Just some notable examples. None are over 6 feet, but are all quality players that might be able to earn a spot in Ontario or Manchester.
The last name the Kings were supposedly interested in signing was David Makowsky, a d-man out of University of Denver. Last report was the Kings (and others) had interest but he wanted to return to school for his senior year. Been quiet for the most part and will probably remain that until the season is over.

Old
05-13-2013, 02:09 AM
Luc Gretzky

This is mostly baseless speculation, but I doubt Pearson is in LA's plans for next season, except maybe for a cup of coffee. Toffoli is most likely going to make the Kings lineup as a top 6 LW (they've already told him to get used to it), so I don't see how TP slots into the team... Same goes for Vey--let him develop as opposed to Richardson-ing him.

I bet Andreoff makes a strong case for 4th line duty with LA, possibly Cliche too. My guess of lines would be (assuming Penner and Richardson are let go):

Brown - Kopitar - Williams
Toffoli - Richards - Carter
King - Stoll - Lewis
Clifford - Fraser/Andreoff/Cliche - Nolan/Andreoff/Cliche

$31,492,727 committed to forwards except for Clifford & Lewis.

Add $15,750,000 for Quick, Doughty, Green. That brings us to $47,242,727, leaving $17,057,273 to fill 4 D spots, and a backup goaltender. Would put us in a very good position to resign Lewis, Clifford, Voynov, Ellerby, Martinez, Muzzin, Regher and/or Scuderi, and a veteran UFA backup. This is assuming Mitchell is done.

I know this got very Kings heavy, but my main point was to say its very doubtful that Vey or Pearson will be in LA to start the year; Manchester will still have scoring depth. Weal will really open eyes playing a full season with top 6 minutes.

Last edited by Luc Gretzky: 05-13-2013 at 05:14 AM.
Closed Thread