HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WC: Oilers at the World Championships

Old
05-07-2013, 05:05 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seedling View Post
Good. Hall gets it. Message received and results gained. Good on him.
It's too bad that Ruff doesn't give a ****.

Quote:
Bruce McCurdy ‏@BruceMcCurdy 24m
Hall finishes with most shots (6) & goals (2), despite fewest shifts (14) & least ice time (10:33). Every other Canadian skater >12 minutes

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2013, 05:08 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNutty780 View Post
I havent seen a lick of this tourney, so i'm not going to comment directly on thigns I have no business commenting on.

However, I've seen from some posters that hallsy and others have gotten limited time for not being defensive etc.

Now I ask...is this really justified? Are they not producing? Are they playing like **** and giving up turnovers? From an OBJECTIVE view, does it make sense?

Our boys aren't above criticisms, guys. the worst we can do is ***** about kruger (who looks like he does nothing) and then ***** about how our guys arent being treated fairly if someone is making them accountable

Like i said, i havent seen any of it, so which is it..Ruff making guys accountable, or just being an ******* and not playing them because he doesn't like them?
The entire team was poor through the first two games and he seems to be using Hall as an example. Claude Giroux was a turnover machine against the Swiss and he continues to get 20 minutes a game.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2013, 05:13 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
Turtle Renji

Quote:
Good. Hall gets it. Message received and results gained. Good on him.
The problem is this notion that Hall "Needs a Message"

What message, he's clearly a dominant player who's being treated like a 13th or 14th forward, it's stupid.

Jimmi Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2013, 05:41 PM
Seedling
Fan level 7?

vCash: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
It's too bad that Ruff doesn't give a ****.
He doesn't want to win or is indifferent to hurting egos?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
The problem is this notion that Hall "Needs a Message"

What message, he's clearly a dominant player who's being treated like a 13th or 14th forward, it's stupid.
Today he was. It obviously motivated him even more. That's good to me. Again, he will likely get more time as things progress, or he may not since it's Team Canada and not the Oilers. Hall is being asked to play a smaller role than he is used to. Maybe that evolves, maybe it does not. As long as he does somethingwith his ice time, that's all he can do.

We are not there and we do not know what the vibe is with the team and coaching staff,which at these tournaments, is generally a committee coaching set up. Trotz and Tippet are on the bench too. I'm very sure they know everything there is to know about Hall having to play him several times and preparing for him. I would be curious to hear what their take is too. Ruff has final say obviously, but he is likely relying on these guys for player recommendations too.

Really, would you guys be complaining so much if Hall was not an Oiler?

Seedling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2013, 06:16 PM
Qrispy

I don't really have a problem with it. He got 2 goals and proved himself to be very effective with limited icetime. I would expect that he gets more against Sweden. It's still early in the tournament and I'm not gonna bring out the torch and pitchfork just yet.

Qrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2013, 06:53 PM
SeriousBusiness
T.Hall da man

Quote:
Really, would you guys be complaining so much if Hall was not an Oiler?
Yeah I would be. Especially when you lose to the Swiss, and you're benching one of the best goalscorers in the game.

SeriousBusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2013, 07:08 PM
Seedling
Fan level 7?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousBusiness View Post
Yeah I would be. Especially when you lose to the Swiss, and you're benching one of the best goalscorers in the game.
Sure. Okay.

Old
05-07-2013, 07:10 PM
SeriousBusiness
T.Hall da man

Quote:
Sure. Okay.
Ask a question, get a response.

Sorry I don't want to partake in the Ruff love-in you've been spearheading.

SeriousBusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2013, 07:17 PM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

Quote:
Yeah I would be. Especially when you lose to the Swiss, and you're benching one of the best playmakers in the game.
FFT. 8th in assists this year. 35th in goals.

The Perfect Human* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2013, 07:23 PM
Seedling
Fan level 7?

Quote:
Ask a question, get a response.

Sorry I don't want to partake in the Ruff love-in you've been spearheading.
Show me where I said Ruff is great or that I love him. I simply understand his decision. It just happened to be Hall. If it was ROR, Girioux or Staal, I really wonder if there would be so much complaining.

I did not advocate for Ruff in this, but completely understand his decision and think it is fine.

Hall getting benched a game is fine. Same as I would have been fine if it was another guy who scores. It is not as big a deal as everyone here is making it out to be.

Anyway, I respect your opinion. As I stated several times, I think Hall will have a great tourney and grow from it. If you disagree that is cool too.

Old
05-07-2013, 07:31 PM
scid14

Quote:
Sure. Okay.
It's true. I think most reasonable posters on this board would be pretty pissed off if we lost to SUI and Stamkos was stapled to the bench. Obviously they are different players and one is more proven but you don't bench either of them for Matt Read..

Clearly we all want the best for Hall but I'm sure most other fans of other teams are a little confused as to how Hall is being dealt with too.

scid14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2013, 07:56 PM
Seedling
Fan level 7?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scid14 View Post
It's true. I think most reasonable posters on this board would be pretty pissed off if we lost to SUI and Stamkos was stapled to the bench. Obviously they are different players and one is more proven but you don't bench either of them for Matt Read..

Clearly we all want the best for Hall but I'm sure most other fans of other teams are a little confused as to how Hall is being dealt with too.
These games are basically training camp for us. Lots can change for the next few games. Oh, Skinner got benched too.

I think Hall has a good rest of the Tourney. His performance today will please the staff. This is a tempest in a tea pot.

Old
05-07-2013, 08:02 PM
scid14

Quote:
These games are basically training camp for us. Lots can change for the next few games. Oh, Skinner got benched too.

I think Hall has a good rest of the Tourney. His performance today will please the staff. This is a tempest in a tea pot.
It doesn't matter if they are like a training camp or not. As fans watching we all want to see the team win. Yes, Skinner got benched too and it didn't make much sense to most by the looks of it.

Any way you look at it, it seems like a silly thing to do.

scid14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2013, 10:11 PM
Jepprey
Creeper

I'm not complaining because hall is an oiler. He deserves the ice time. Read the main board. Many Canadians are complaining about halls ice time. Not just oiler fans. No bias here or there.

Jepprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2013, 10:55 PM
KarmaPolice
No Hope...

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to KarmaPolice
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Perfect Human View Post
FFT. 8th in assists this year. 35th in goals.
9th over all in points this season in the NHL. More than Giroux, Tavares, Duchene, Simmonds, etc. Basically ahead of everyone on the team except Stamkos and Eric Staal, while playing for a poor squad.

He's been getting the shaft, and should be easily playing top 6 forward minutes. Just plain ridiculous.

KarmaPolice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2013, 11:05 PM
dustrock
Too Legit To Quit

Serious armchair coaching going on here lol. Somebody tell Ruff.

dustrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2013, 11:06 PM
Psycho Dad
Oil Kings

vCash: 610
I don't see a problem with giving Hall fewer minutes against early opponents while he adjusts to the big ice and international game.

Psycho Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2013, 11:31 PM
OilDrop37

vCash: 5393
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaPolice View Post
9th over all in points this season in the NHL. More than Giroux, Tavares, Duchene, Simmonds, etc. Basically ahead of everyone on the team except Stamkos and Eric Staal, while playing for a poor squad.

He's been getting the shaft, and should be easily playing top 6 forward minutes. Just plain ridiculous.
Not disagreeing with the statement about Hall but the quality of his team is irrelevent considering they finished ahead of the teams those two played for.

OilDrop37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 12:38 AM
KlimasLoveChild

My solution for Lindy Ruff. Kick his ass Sea Bass!

KlimasLoveChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 01:47 PM
AlowlyOilersfan
Comrade

vCash: 168
Sweden will be a tough test.

Hopefully we can whoop them.

AlowlyOilersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 02:35 PM
OiledUp

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlowlyOilersfan View Post
Sweden will be a tough test.

Hopefully we can whoop them.
No we won't. Worst team we've had in years. Our coach Mårts has picked a pathetic excuse of a squad, almost all grinders and complementary players. Awful, just awful. If Team Canada doesn't win your players should be embarrassed.

OiledUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 04:59 PM
LaGu

Quote:
Originally Posted by OiledUp View Post
No we won't. Worst team we've had in years. Our coach Mårts has picked a pathetic excuse of a squad, almost all grinders and complementary players. Awful, just awful. If Team Canada doesn't win your players should be embarrassed.
Correct.

But at least now we're a bit better with sedin, sedin and edler...

Czech Rep. will be a better test for CAN at this point imo.

LaGu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 06:51 PM
Tarus
Fire Mact

Quote:
To be fair to the coach, there aren't many star Swedish players left(not in the NHL anyways), and the majority of them are/were in the playoffs as of yesterday.

Tarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 03:39 AM
OiledUp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarus View Post
To be fair to the coach, there aren't many star Swedish players left(not in the NHL anyways), and the majority of them are/were in the playoffs as of yesterday.
It's not so much the NHL players he left out, though I find it odd he prefers guys like Fälth, Fransson and even Tallinder over a guy like Adam Larsson for example. But my main issue is that he left out a couple of guys from european leagues that should be on the team and instead went with grinders and overrated complementary players(Persson ). He also overplays some guys that should have way smaller roles on the team. Just a badly put together and coached team.

As LaGu mentioned the team will improve vastly when Edler and the Sedins arrive however the coach will likely scratch the wrong players and in any case we're likely not good enough to medal unless Markström or Ehnroth puts on a clinic.

The WC doesn't bother me that much tbh what worries me is that this clown being in charge at the olympics. Just watch Niklas Persson line up against Crosby next year

On another note; Petry isn't exactly impressive for team USA

OiledUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 03:44 AM
AlowlyOilersfan
Comrade

vCash: 168
Quote:
On another note; Petry isn't exactly impressive for team USA
agreed. I watched him a little bit. I thought he was pretty average and mostly unnoticeable.

AlowlyOilersfan is offline   Reply With Quote