HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lynch recalled

Closed Thread

Old
01-02-2004, 01:17 AM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behind Enemy Lines
The current Edmonton management does indeed deserve props for building its scouting program under Kevin Lowe's regime. K Predergast and staff have done a pretty solid job. However I get abit leery about commentary which places the black hole results of the 1990s solely at the feet of the past Oiler management team and Barry Fraser (who on occasion friviously referred to on this board for this later years Mexican residence).

We shouldn't forget Pendergast and several of the current scouting department were involved in those 1990 draft day decisions. Pendergast himself has been an Oiler employee since 1990-91. Credit where credit is due but the legacy of this scouting department also bears some responsibilities for this team's many draft misses in the 1990s.
I do shed a lot of light on this subject too and why your statement may or may not be completely accurate. I ain't going to say one way or the other yet... you'll read it for yourself very soon.

GuyF

Old
01-02-2004, 07:30 AM
theoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyF
I do shed a lot of light on this subject too and why your statement may or may not be completely accurate. I ain't going to say one way or the other yet... you'll read it for yourself very soon.

GuyF

Thanks Guy, I am really lookong forward to this next one from the sounds of things.

Old
01-02-2004, 08:10 AM
Slats432

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowetide
Well it really shows what they think of the guy. He's just a pup, and yet is clearly pretty far up the depth chart.

I wonder if Lynch's step forward and the arrival of Woywitka will change the team's draft strategy. There are tons of solid dmen this summer, but it seems like the depth is pretty good right now.
After last year's draft, let's agree that they take the best player available. Regardless of height.

Old
01-02-2004, 12:24 PM
Tanko

Quote:
Originally Posted by slats432
After last year's draft, let's agree that they take the best player available. Regardless of height.

Good Idea

Closed Thread