HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

PowerPlayManager.com - Part 9 - Hockey, Soccer and Handball? Oh my!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-05-2013, 02:35 AM
  #26
Blue Blooded
Registered User
 
Blue Blooded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,810
vCash: 500
I finally got a good pull early in the season!

15y, Universal, 5/6

Code:
Gk	Def	Off	Sh	Pas	Tec	Agr	Total
20	72	36	44	32	35	60	299
79%	89%	81%	90%	51%	80%	91%	80%
I'm converting him to a winger, 84.90% EQ.

He projects to 1232 OR at the end of his 20y season, and that is with TF13. I have TF14 under construction and it will be completed before the end of this season. The only problem is that he's pulled as 5/6 and I expect him to drop to 3/6 at 21.

Blue Blooded is offline  
Old
05-05-2013, 08:36 AM
  #27
canucks357
Registered User
 
canucks357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,623
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EspOrrsito View Post
Price negotiable, if you're interested let me know. Maybe we can find a price that works for both parties.
Shame on the Age:OR ratio. I'll stew it over, 15M is a decent price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
Does that mean the bidding on UFAs is blind? Everyone just sends in their top offer and hopes they win?
Correct. Everything is blind. You will see the max offer once there are 7 days left on his contract and will have to pay 15-70% of that price depending on the number of season bonuses given.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
I finally got a dman.
[...]
Any idea how much that could cost?
Congrats on the pickup, that's a damn good buy. The market is a funny beast, I'm surprised you got that good of LM for 66M. I'd suspect you double that value for a good 18 6/6 SD. The order of magnitude of good will inflate it more perhaps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by old time hockey4 View Post
Very pleased, got a win for Team Canada U17 for our first real game, World Cup qualifier match against Sweden. Think Canada will end up being a bubble team to get out of our group however, 6 of the 8 teams are very similarly built.
I saw! Congrats and excellent job! You should manager our real-life Canadian National Soccer Team!

canucks357 is offline  
Old
05-05-2013, 09:47 AM
  #28
tujague
Registered User
 
tujague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 4,794
vCash: 500
Congrats on the win, oth

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks357 View Post
Correct. Everything is blind. You will see the max offer once there are 7 days left on his contract and will have to pay 15-70% of that price depending on the number of season bonuses given.
That's interesting. Do the bidders know if they have the high bid? If I bid on the first day of the auction and someone else bids higher, do I know immediately? And can I up my bid?

If I'm not the high bidder, is my cash still held hostage while the player is on the block?

Quote:
Congrats on the pickup, that's a damn good buy. The market is a funny beast, I'm surprised you got that good of LM for 66M. I'd suspect you double that value for a good 18 6/6 SD. The order of magnitude of good will inflate it more perhaps.
Yeah. I couldn't get anyone who was 20-21, 5/6 & 1000+OR for less than 150M. Then almost no one bids on this guy. I'm guessing the really low tech Q and maybe the energy scared em off? Third highest OR on my team and he fills a huge need. Money well spent.

If I can land another Dman, then I'll be set for the next few seasons until the younger players are ready. Then I'll be just like Obryantj and save up all my money to buy proper elite players. Then look out.

tujague is offline  
Old
05-05-2013, 03:28 PM
  #29
canucks357
Registered User
 
canucks357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,623
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
Do the bidders know if they have the high bid? If I bid on the first day of the auction and someone else bids higher, do I know immediately? And can I up my bid?

If I'm not the high bidder, is my cash still held hostage while the player is on the block
Nobody knows until everyone knows. So 14 days left he goes up. From 14-7 days left everyone is blind to every bid but their own (buyer blind to all). 7 days left buyer is blind to winning team but can see what they bid. Everyone else is blind to winning team but can see max bid. Winning team notified they are max bid and know their amount.

Your cash is freed up as soon as the deadline (7 days left on contract) passes. So, as soon as they say "sorry, too poor for this cowpoke" your cash is bank in your account.

canucks357 is offline  
Old
05-05-2013, 03:39 PM
  #30
suprvilce
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 1,388
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks357 View Post
Nobody knows until everyone knows. So 14 days left he goes up. From 14-7 days left everyone is blind to every bid but their own (buyer blind to all). 7 days left buyer is blind to winning team but can see what they bid. Everyone else is blind to winning team but can see max bid. Winning team notified they are max bid and know their amount.

Your cash is freed up as soon as the deadline (7 days left on contract) passes. So, as soon as they say "sorry, too poor for this cowpoke" your cash is bank in your account.
Ah yes, I get three pages of those every day

suprvilce is offline  
Old
05-05-2013, 03:57 PM
  #31
canucks357
Registered User
 
canucks357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,623
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprvilce View Post
Ah yes, I get three pages of those every day
Don't even think about taking a crack at my RFAs! I just re-signed 1/2 RFAs. Re-signed 1/1 UFA-I and have one RFA up right now.

canucks357 is offline  
Old
05-05-2013, 04:57 PM
  #32
suprvilce
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 1,388
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks357 View Post
Don't even think about taking a crack at my RFAs! I just re-signed 1/2 RFAs. Re-signed 1/1 UFA-I and have one RFA up right now.
I did actually! Offered them 15k each just to see how much they'll be offered. You can get basicly and kind of player you want for 5-15M, but i offer very low ammount of money, eventually you get someone. It's not that you just have to offer so much that the owner won't match the offer, most if not all of the players i got were because the owner didn't log in, didn't know how to match, didn't notice or forgot to match. It's been almost a month since i managed to sign a RFA, but i'm few hours away from signing a 1171 OR center for 50k. Su**s that his energy is at 72% but he should sell well at the end of the season (and hopefully bring back much more than the 3M i'll have to pay for his salary during the season).

I've seen good, great players with 1300+ OR go for only few milllion as RFAs. It's like SA, you get lucky once or twice a season

suprvilce is offline  
Old
05-05-2013, 10:52 PM
  #33
canucks357
Registered User
 
canucks357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,623
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprvilce View Post
I did actually! Offered them 15k each just to see how much they'll be offered. You can get basicly and kind of player you want for 5-15M, but i offer very low ammount of money, eventually you get someone. It's not that you just have to offer so much that the owner won't match the offer, most if not all of the players i got were because the owner didn't log in, didn't know how to match, didn't notice or forgot to match. It's been almost a month since i managed to sign a RFA, but i'm few hours away from signing a 1171 OR center for 50k. Su**s that his energy is at 72% but he should sell well at the end of the season (and hopefully bring back much more than the 3M i'll have to pay for his salary during the season).

I've seen good, great players with 1300+ OR go for only few milllion as RFAs. It's like SA, you get lucky once or twice a season
That's a great way to build a team and cheap. Also punishes people for not logging in. Works for me XD

canucks357 is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 04:49 AM
  #34
suprvilce
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 1,388
vCash: 500
I noticed this player few weeks back and mentioned him to our u18 manager, seems he convinced the manager to sell him, if anyone is interested:

LINK

He's 16 but still has solid potential i think. He's not from my team, but i still want to advertise him a little since i noticed him

suprvilce is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 07:37 AM
  #35
canucks357
Registered User
 
canucks357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,623
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprvilce View Post
I noticed this player few weeks back and mentioned him to our u18 manager, seems he convinced the manager to sell him, if anyone is interested:

LINK

He's 16 but still has solid potential i think. He's not from my team, but i still want to advertise him a little since i noticed him
Thanks. Placed a bid.

canucks357 is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 07:41 AM
  #36
Blue Blooded
Registered User
 
Blue Blooded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,810
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprvilce View Post
I noticed this player few weeks back and mentioned him to our u18 manager, seems he convinced the manager to sell him, if anyone is interested:

LINK

He's 16 but still has solid potential i think. He's not from my team, but i still want to advertise him a little since i noticed him
I won't be participating in any bidding as this guy is way out of my league, but it sucks that the manager locked him in as a defenceman since he had more potential as a winger with his Q's. With 200 points in defence, there is no turning back now.

Blue Blooded is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 08:15 AM
  #37
canucks357
Registered User
 
canucks357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,623
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Blooded View Post
I won't be participating in any bidding as this guy is way out of my league, but it sucks that the manager locked him in as a defenceman since he had more potential as a winger with his Q's. With 200 points in defence, there is no turning back now.
I need one or two RD prospects so I'm happy with that He'd be the second one-atty-junk guy I've bought and fixed in the past season or two. The bad news is the bidding is already high with lots of time left, he'll likely go for more than his value.

canucks357 is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 08:45 AM
  #38
tujague
Registered User
 
tujague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 4,794
vCash: 500
The miserable soccer season continues. I tied 1-1 against one of the bottom feeders What a messed up season. Eight ties already.

McCready is the only one doing anything good. Once again had to score late (89th) just to get us even. His previous best season was 30 goals. He has 27 goals in 22 games this season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks357 View Post
Nobody knows until everyone knows. So 14 days left he goes up. From 14-7 days left everyone is blind to every bid but their own (buyer blind to all). 7 days left buyer is blind to winning team but can see what they bid. Everyone else is blind to winning team but can see max bid. Winning team notified they are max bid and know their amount.

Your cash is freed up as soon as the deadline (7 days left on contract) passes. So, as soon as they say "sorry, too poor for this cowpoke" your cash is bank in your account.
Thanks One more Q. Can you see how many bids have been placed during or after the auction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprvilce View Post
I did actually!

tujague is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 10:09 AM
  #39
canucks357
Registered User
 
canucks357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,623
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
Thanks One more Q. Can you see how many bids have been placed during or after the auction?
Nope. Closest you can get is number of views via the bottom of their page. Not everyone will bid but the correlation between views and bids is likely fairly consistent.

canucks357 is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 05:02 PM
  #40
EspOrrsito
edumacated
 
EspOrrsito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,182
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks357 View Post
Shame on the Age:OR ratio. I'll stew it over, 15M is a decent price.


How is the stewing coming along! Brad isn't getting any younger!

EspOrrsito is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 05:06 PM
  #41
EspOrrsito
edumacated
 
EspOrrsito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,182
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Blooded View Post
I won't be participating in any bidding as this guy is way out of my league, but it sucks that the manager locked him in as a defenceman since he had more potential as a winger with his Q's. With 200 points in defence, there is no turning back now.
I never knew it worked that way, you mean if you set a player he can't be changed later?

EspOrrsito is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 06:21 PM
  #42
Emerald76
Registered User
 
Emerald76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Dubh Linn
Country: Ireland
Posts: 374
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EspOrrsito View Post
I never knew it worked that way, you mean if you set a player he can't be changed later?
He can be changed, just that if a player is trained up that far, there is no point in reverting.

Emerald76 is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 07:47 PM
  #43
canucks357
Registered User
 
canucks357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,623
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EspOrrsito View Post
How is the stewing coming along! Brad isn't getting any younger!
I think I'm going to pass. His Age:OR will make it hard to recoup the investment. Especially considering my luck and him dropping to 5/6 at 18


Last edited by canucks357: 05-06-2013 at 08:21 PM.
canucks357 is offline  
Old
05-07-2013, 04:03 PM
  #44
EspOrrsito
edumacated
 
EspOrrsito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,182
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks357 View Post
I think I'm going to pass. His Age:OR will make it hard to recoup the investment. Especially considering my luck and him dropping to 5/6 at 18
Ok, I lowered it to $9,999,999 just for you (or anyone else)

EspOrrsito is offline  
Old
05-07-2013, 04:10 PM
  #45
EspOrrsito
edumacated
 
EspOrrsito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,182
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EspOrrsito View Post
On sale now!

Johathan Reed is my best AvQ pull ever.

Scouted:
6/6 86% Def 99 Off 86 Sho 66 Pas 99 Tec 98 Agr 83
Universal
OR 248


http://hockey.powerplaymanager.com/e...-johathan-reed

I just checked and Johathan Reed is now up to $50,387,656!!! *faints*

Still 80 hours to go!! *faints again*




EspOrrsito is offline  
Old
05-07-2013, 04:13 PM
  #46
EspOrrsito
edumacated
 
EspOrrsito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,182
vCash: 500
JR has only played one league game for me but I'm thinking about putting him in my Hall of Fame!

EspOrrsito is offline  
Old
05-07-2013, 05:16 PM
  #47
tujague
Registered User
 
tujague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 4,794
vCash: 500


McCready continues his ridiculous season. Four more goals and an assist today. 31 goals and 7 assists in 23 games. What? And he doesn't play for the National Team

tujague is offline  
Old
05-07-2013, 05:41 PM
  #48
Emerald76
Registered User
 
Emerald76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Dubh Linn
Country: Ireland
Posts: 374
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post


McCready continues his ridiculous season. Four more goals and an assist today. 31 goals and 7 assists in 23 games. What? And he doesn't play for the National Team
I too have a 22 year old 4/6 CL striker who's on top form.

Aidan Garvey took his tally to 33 goals and 7 assists in 22 games played this season.

Emerald76 is offline  
Old
05-07-2013, 06:47 PM
  #49
tujague
Registered User
 
tujague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 4,794
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald76 View Post
I too have a 22 year old 4/6 CL striker who's on top form.

Aidan Garvey took his tally to 33 goals and 7 assists in 22 games played this season.
Is that Normal for him? Is his pace normal for the top scorer in Ireland I.1? McCready hit 30 once a few seasons ago, but only had 24 last season. And there's only been 6 players in US I.1 to have more than his 31 goals this season. Best ever in US I.1 was 39.

It's too bad he rest of my team is so suspect

EDIT: And Leroy Blount picked up his 4th yellow. So he's suspended again 16 day injury, picks up a red card 30 minutes into his first game back, plays two whole games and he's out again. I guess I should just be happy he made it through two games? That's 12 games missed for my top dman.


Last edited by tujague: 05-07-2013 at 09:23 PM.
tujague is offline  
Old
05-07-2013, 09:50 PM
  #50
canucks357
Registered User
 
canucks357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,623
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post


McCready continues his ridiculous season. Four more goals and an assist today. 31 goals and 7 assists in 23 games. What? And he doesn't play for the National Team
1 point in 4 games for OAP. The toughest part of my schedule and I'm tanking with a bit of help from teams playing VH against me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspOrrsito View Post
JR has only played one league game for me but I'm thinking about putting him in my Hall of Fame!
I'm impressed. His low OR should have held him back a bit but heck, once he's on the most expensive and 6/6 with good Qs his price will skyrocket!

canucks357 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:21 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.