HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

PowerPlayManager.com - Part 9 - Hockey, Soccer and Handball? Oh my!

Closed Thread

Old
05-05-2013, 02:35 AM
Blue Blooded

vCash: 500
I finally got a good pull early in the season!

15y, Universal, 5/6

Code:
Gk	Def	Off	Sh	Pas	Tec	Agr	Total
20	72	36	44	32	35	60	299
79%	89%	81%	90%	51%	80%	91%	80%
I'm converting him to a winger, 84.90% EQ.

He projects to 1232 OR at the end of his 20y season, and that is with TF13. I have TF14 under construction and it will be completed before the end of this season. The only problem is that he's pulled as 5/6 and I expect him to drop to 3/6 at 21.

Old
05-05-2013, 08:36 AM
canucks357

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspOrrsito View Post
Price negotiable, if you're interested let me know. Maybe we can find a price that works for both parties.
Shame on the Age:OR ratio. I'll stew it over, 15M is a decent price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
Does that mean the bidding on UFAs is blind? Everyone just sends in their top offer and hopes they win?
Correct. Everything is blind. You will see the max offer once there are 7 days left on his contract and will have to pay 15-70% of that price depending on the number of season bonuses given.

Quote:
I finally got a dman.
[...]
Any idea how much that could cost?
Congrats on the pickup, that's a damn good buy. The market is a funny beast, I'm surprised you got that good of LM for 66M. I'd suspect you double that value for a good 18 6/6 SD. The order of magnitude of good will inflate it more perhaps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by old time hockey4 View Post
Very pleased, got a win for Team Canada U17 for our first real game, World Cup qualifier match against Sweden. Think Canada will end up being a bubble team to get out of our group however, 6 of the 8 teams are very similarly built.
I saw! Congrats and excellent job! You should manager our real-life Canadian National Soccer Team!

Old
05-05-2013, 09:47 AM
tujague

Congrats on the win, oth

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks357 View Post
Correct. Everything is blind. You will see the max offer once there are 7 days left on his contract and will have to pay 15-70% of that price depending on the number of season bonuses given.
That's interesting. Do the bidders know if they have the high bid? If I bid on the first day of the auction and someone else bids higher, do I know immediately? And can I up my bid?

If I'm not the high bidder, is my cash still held hostage while the player is on the block?

Quote:
Congrats on the pickup, that's a damn good buy. The market is a funny beast, I'm surprised you got that good of LM for 66M. I'd suspect you double that value for a good 18 6/6 SD. The order of magnitude of good will inflate it more perhaps.
Yeah. I couldn't get anyone who was 20-21, 5/6 & 1000+OR for less than 150M. Then almost no one bids on this guy. I'm guessing the really low tech Q and maybe the energy scared em off? Third highest OR on my team and he fills a huge need. Money well spent.

If I can land another Dman, then I'll be set for the next few seasons until the younger players are ready. Then I'll be just like Obryantj and save up all my money to buy proper elite players. Then look out.

Old
05-05-2013, 03:28 PM
canucks357

Quote:
Do the bidders know if they have the high bid? If I bid on the first day of the auction and someone else bids higher, do I know immediately? And can I up my bid?

If I'm not the high bidder, is my cash still held hostage while the player is on the block
Nobody knows until everyone knows. So 14 days left he goes up. From 14-7 days left everyone is blind to every bid but their own (buyer blind to all). 7 days left buyer is blind to winning team but can see what they bid. Everyone else is blind to winning team but can see max bid. Winning team notified they are max bid and know their amount.

Your cash is freed up as soon as the deadline (7 days left on contract) passes. So, as soon as they say "sorry, too poor for this cowpoke" your cash is bank in your account.

Old
05-05-2013, 03:39 PM
suprvilce

Quote:
Nobody knows until everyone knows. So 14 days left he goes up. From 14-7 days left everyone is blind to every bid but their own (buyer blind to all). 7 days left buyer is blind to winning team but can see what they bid. Everyone else is blind to winning team but can see max bid. Winning team notified they are max bid and know their amount.

Your cash is freed up as soon as the deadline (7 days left on contract) passes. So, as soon as they say "sorry, too poor for this cowpoke" your cash is bank in your account.
Ah yes, I get three pages of those every day

Old
05-05-2013, 03:57 PM
canucks357

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprvilce View Post
Ah yes, I get three pages of those every day
Don't even think about taking a crack at my RFAs! I just re-signed 1/2 RFAs. Re-signed 1/1 UFA-I and have one RFA up right now.

Old
05-05-2013, 04:57 PM
suprvilce

Quote:
Don't even think about taking a crack at my RFAs! I just re-signed 1/2 RFAs. Re-signed 1/1 UFA-I and have one RFA up right now.
I did actually! Offered them 15k each just to see how much they'll be offered. You can get basicly and kind of player you want for 5-15M, but i offer very low ammount of money, eventually you get someone. It's not that you just have to offer so much that the owner won't match the offer, most if not all of the players i got were because the owner didn't log in, didn't know how to match, didn't notice or forgot to match. It's been almost a month since i managed to sign a RFA, but i'm few hours away from signing a 1171 OR center for 50k. Su**s that his energy is at 72% but he should sell well at the end of the season (and hopefully bring back much more than the 3M i'll have to pay for his salary during the season).

I've seen good, great players with 1300+ OR go for only few milllion as RFAs. It's like SA, you get lucky once or twice a season

Old
05-05-2013, 10:52 PM
canucks357

Quote:
I did actually! Offered them 15k each just to see how much they'll be offered. You can get basicly and kind of player you want for 5-15M, but i offer very low ammount of money, eventually you get someone. It's not that you just have to offer so much that the owner won't match the offer, most if not all of the players i got were because the owner didn't log in, didn't know how to match, didn't notice or forgot to match. It's been almost a month since i managed to sign a RFA, but i'm few hours away from signing a 1171 OR center for 50k. Su**s that his energy is at 72% but he should sell well at the end of the season (and hopefully bring back much more than the 3M i'll have to pay for his salary during the season).

I've seen good, great players with 1300+ OR go for only few milllion as RFAs. It's like SA, you get lucky once or twice a season
That's a great way to build a team and cheap. Also punishes people for not logging in. Works for me XD

Old
05-06-2013, 04:49 AM
suprvilce

I noticed this player few weeks back and mentioned him to our u18 manager, seems he convinced the manager to sell him, if anyone is interested:

LINK

He's 16 but still has solid potential i think. He's not from my team, but i still want to advertise him a little since i noticed him

Old
05-06-2013, 07:37 AM
canucks357

Quote:
I noticed this player few weeks back and mentioned him to our u18 manager, seems he convinced the manager to sell him, if anyone is interested:

LINK

He's 16 but still has solid potential i think. He's not from my team, but i still want to advertise him a little since i noticed him
Thanks. Placed a bid.

Old
05-06-2013, 07:41 AM
Blue Blooded

Quote:

LINK

I won't be participating in any bidding as this guy is way out of my league, but it sucks that the manager locked him in as a defenceman since he had more potential as a winger with his Q's. With 200 points in defence, there is no turning back now.

Old
05-06-2013, 08:15 AM
canucks357

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Blooded View Post
I won't be participating in any bidding as this guy is way out of my league, but it sucks that the manager locked him in as a defenceman since he had more potential as a winger with his Q's. With 200 points in defence, there is no turning back now.
I need one or two RD prospects so I'm happy with that He'd be the second one-atty-junk guy I've bought and fixed in the past season or two. The bad news is the bidding is already high with lots of time left, he'll likely go for more than his value.

Old
05-06-2013, 08:45 AM
tujague

The miserable soccer season continues. I tied 1-1 against one of the bottom feeders What a messed up season. Eight ties already.

McCready is the only one doing anything good. Once again had to score late (89th) just to get us even. His previous best season was 30 goals. He has 27 goals in 22 games this season.

Quote:

Thanks One more Q. Can you see how many bids have been placed during or after the auction?

Quote:
I did actually!

Old
05-06-2013, 10:09 AM
canucks357

Quote:
Thanks One more Q. Can you see how many bids have been placed during or after the auction?
Nope. Closest you can get is number of views via the bottom of their page. Not everyone will bid but the correlation between views and bids is likely fairly consistent.

Old
05-06-2013, 05:02 PM
EspOrrsito
edumacated

Quote:
Shame on the Age:OR ratio. I'll stew it over, 15M is a decent price.

How is the stewing coming along! Brad isn't getting any younger!

Old
05-06-2013, 05:06 PM
EspOrrsito
edumacated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Blooded View Post
I never knew it worked that way, you mean if you set a player he can't be changed later?

Old
05-06-2013, 06:21 PM
Emerald76

Quote:
I never knew it worked that way, you mean if you set a player he can't be changed later?
He can be changed, just that if a player is trained up that far, there is no point in reverting.

Old
05-06-2013, 07:47 PM
canucks357

Quote:
How is the stewing coming along! Brad isn't getting any younger!
I think I'm going to pass. His Age:OR will make it hard to recoup the investment. Especially considering my luck and him dropping to 5/6 at 18

Last edited by canucks357: 05-06-2013 at 08:21 PM.
Old
05-07-2013, 04:03 PM
EspOrrsito
edumacated

Quote:
I think I'm going to pass. His Age:OR will make it hard to recoup the investment. Especially considering my luck and him dropping to 5/6 at 18
Ok, I lowered it to $9,999,999 just for you (or anyone else)

Old
05-07-2013, 04:10 PM
EspOrrsito
edumacated

Quote:
On sale now!

Johathan Reed is my best AvQ pull ever.

Scouted:
6/6 86% Def 99 Off 86 Sho 66 Pas 99 Tec 98 Agr 83
Universal
OR 248

http://hockey.powerplaymanager.com/e...-johathan-reed

I just checked and Johathan Reed is now up to $50,387,656!!! *faints*

Still 80 hours to go!! *faints again*

Old
05-07-2013, 04:13 PM
EspOrrsito
edumacated

JR has only played one league game for me but I'm thinking about putting him in my Hall of Fame!

Old
05-07-2013, 05:16 PM
tujague

McCready continues his ridiculous season. Four more goals and an assist today. 31 goals and 7 assists in 23 games. What? And he doesn't play for the National Team

Old
05-07-2013, 05:41 PM
Emerald76

Quote:

McCready continues his ridiculous season. Four more goals and an assist today. 31 goals and 7 assists in 23 games. What? And he doesn't play for the National Team
I too have a 22 year old 4/6 CL striker who's on top form.

Aidan Garvey took his tally to 33 goals and 7 assists in 22 games played this season.

Old
05-07-2013, 06:47 PM
tujague

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald76 View Post
I too have a 22 year old 4/6 CL striker who's on top form.

Aidan Garvey took his tally to 33 goals and 7 assists in 22 games played this season.
Is that Normal for him? Is his pace normal for the top scorer in Ireland I.1? McCready hit 30 once a few seasons ago, but only had 24 last season. And there's only been 6 players in US I.1 to have more than his 31 goals this season. Best ever in US I.1 was 39.

It's too bad he rest of my team is so suspect

EDIT: And Leroy Blount picked up his 4th yellow. So he's suspended again 16 day injury, picks up a red card 30 minutes into his first game back, plays two whole games and he's out again. I guess I should just be happy he made it through two games? That's 12 games missed for my top dman.

Last edited by tujague: 05-07-2013 at 09:23 PM.
Old
05-07-2013, 09:50 PM
canucks357

Quote:

1 point in 4 games for OAP. The toughest part of my schedule and I'm tanking with a bit of help from teams playing VH against me...

Quote:
JR has only played one league game for me but I'm thinking about putting him in my Hall of Fame!
I'm impressed. His low OR should have held him back a bit but heck, once he's on the most expensive and 6/6 with good Qs his price will skyrocket!

Closed Thread