HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Line Pairing so far?

Old
09-22-2006, 11:28 AM
JimBeam

vCash: 500
Line Pairing so far?

I am not trying to make a line combo thread but looking at the pairing so far with training camp and the Sharks game.

MC has paired Kopitar and Fro together and O’Sullivan and Conroy also. Now if this becomes the top two lines this Year? That leaves Cammi and Brown to fill out the lines.

Now I would like to see a line of Kopitar, Fro, and Brown which I think could be a very dominate line and be very hard to play against. Big Bodies, lots of puck control (as in able to hold on to the puck in the offensive end) both Brown and Kopitar (from what I have seen) standing in front of the net causing traffic, so on.

But then that would leave Conroy, Cammi, and O’Sullivan for the other line. Which I would think this line is too small in size to be effective in today’s NHL? And get pushed around a lot but they would have quickness and skill?

Thoughts?

JimBeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2006, 12:30 PM
King Blazer

Brown and Cammalleri played on the same line for the entire lockout season. Their games compliment one another...

King Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2006, 12:36 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
Thought...

It will be tough for management to justify Kopitar's place on the Kings in October. He should be getting big minutes in Manchester.

TubbyTerrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2006, 12:41 PM
JimBeam

With the way he is playing and showing he should be on the time (and most likey the 2nd best center on the team right now) I say

It will be tough for management Not to justify Kopitar's place on the Kings in October

Old
09-22-2006, 01:29 PM
Johnny Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBeam View Post
With the way he is playing and showing he should be on the time (and most likey the 2nd best center on the team right now) I say

It will be tough for management Not to justify Kopitar's place on the Kings in October
Disagree. Dude is 19 and never played in North America. Kings have Armstrong, Conroy, McCauley, Eric Belanger and even Avery who can play center. I dont see Kopitar getting the ice time he deserves in LA this year. Def next year though.

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2006, 01:33 PM
Tadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Disagree. Dude is 19 and never played in North America. Kings have Armstrong, Conroy, McCauley, Eric Belanger and even Avery who can play center. I dont see Kopitar getting the ice time he deserves in LA this year. Def next year though.

Whoever can do the job better is the guy who should get the minutes.

If its Kopitar then welcome to the 2nd line.

Frankly I think people are geting a little crazy with this minutes per game thing.

Who cares if he is playing 15 minutes in the NHL or 20 down in the AHL?

We should only care if he is playing 5 minutes on the 4th line. Otherwise 3rd line and up is good enough for a rookie of his talent.

Tadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2006, 01:39 PM
JimBeam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
I hear this over and over and over again LOL. But have never read this Rule that states that all non-NA players must play in the Minors and learn NA Hockey before they are aloud to play in the NHL?

Old
09-22-2006, 02:34 PM
Kingz4life

Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadite View Post
Whoever can do the job better is the guy who should get the minutes.

If its Kopitar then welcome to the 2nd line.

Frankly I think people are geting a little crazy with this minutes per game thing.

Who cares if he is playing 15 minutes in the NHL or 20 down in the AHL?

We should only care if he is playing 5 minutes on the 4th line. Otherwise 3rd line and up is good enough for a rookie of his talent.
Exactly, if he proves he is ready then why not? I think he's going to be on one of our top 2 lines when the season starts. If, he earsn it then I have no problem with it at all.

Kingz4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2006, 03:41 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBeam View Post
But then that would leave Conroy, Cammi, and O’Sullivan for the other line. Which I would think this line is too small in size to be effective in today’s NHL? And get pushed around a lot but they would have quickness and skill?

Thoughts?
The other option I've had working for some time is Frolov / Conroy / Cammalleri ... when people were upset and saying hell we've got NO top line anymore after getting rid of Demitra, I had to think ummmmmmm, were not Fro, Conroy and Demitra one of the better 1st lines last year when all 3 were healthy ? (Answer = YES), and ummmmmmm didn't Cammalleri end up scoring MORE goals than Demitra last year ? (Answer = YES), and Ummmm was Demitra really a bigger body and tougher to play against than Cammalleri would be ? (Answer = ? you tell me ?), so ummmm wouldn't a line of Frolov / Conroy / Cammalleri be a pretty damn good top line for this up coming year ? (Answer = HELL YEAH !)

Now switching O'Sullivan with Frolov, would that work out ? Hmmmmm I dunno, maybe, but Frolov / Kopitar / Brown sounds good, but not very fast, what about also moving Brown and Cammalleri ? so we have top two lines of O'Sullivan / Conroy / Brown {Brown & O'Sullivan have played well together before WC's}, and Frolov / Kopitar / Cammalleri ... how would those look ?

Then Thornton / McCauley / Avery for a 3rd and Armstrong / Belanger / Willsie (TK/Parros/Cowan) for our 4th ...

We may not have a ton of 'ELITE' talent, but we have nothing but a solid line up of players that should go out and not give up on the ice this year, and enough talent to balance out and make up respectable four lines almost any way you want to mix and match them.

Thoughts ?

Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2006, 04:15 PM
RightKinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck U View Post
The other option I've had working for some time is Frolov / Conroy / Cammalleri ... when people were upset and saying hell we've got NO top line anymore after getting rid of Demitra, I had to think ummmmmmm, were not Fro, Conroy and Demitra one of the better 1st lines last year when all 3 were healthy ? (Answer = YES), and ummmmmmm didn't Cammalleri end up scoring MORE goals than Demitra last year ? (Answer = YES), and Ummmm was Demitra really a bigger body and tougher to play against than Cammalleri would be ? (Answer = ? you tell me ?), so ummmm wouldn't a line of Frolov / Conroy / Cammalleri be a pretty damn good top line for this up coming year ? (Answer = HELL YEAH !)

Now switching O'Sullivan with Frolov, would that work out ? Hmmmmm I dunno, maybe, but Frolov / Kopitar / Brown sounds good, but not very fast, what about also moving Brown and Cammalleri ? so we have top two lines of O'Sullivan / Conroy / Brown {Brown & O'Sullivan have played well together before WC's}, and Frolov / Kopitar / Cammalleri ... how would those look ?

Then Thornton / McCauley / Avery for a 3rd and Armstrong / Belanger / Willsie (TK/Parros/Cowan) for our 4th ...

We may not have a ton of 'ELITE' talent, but we have nothing but a solid line up of players that should go out and not give up on the ice this year, and enough talent to balance out and make up respectable four lines almost any way you want to mix and match them.

Thoughts ?
I like that idea. We would kind of have two top lines. Sort of like a 1A and 1B line.
But I also like the idea of having Brown start the year on the third line. He can learn from Thornton and still get good minutes since we are going to be scoring by committee.

RightKinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2006, 04:16 PM
ILuvLA

I loved the line with Frolov & Kopitar the other night. Hopefully, those 2 are linemates at some point.

ILuvLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2006, 04:16 PM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion View Post
It will be tough for management to justify Kopitar's place on the Kings in October. He should be getting big minutes in Manchester.
Is 2nd line in the NHL really that worse than 1st line in the AHL? What's just a couple fewer minutes of ice-time when you're developing amidst greater challenge? Have you ever heard of a kid being good enough to play on the 2nd line in the NHL being told "sorry, but you're not stepping foot on this club until you're 1st-line material"? Of course not. No matter what team you're talking about, if a prospect is good enough for the 2nd line, you graduate him and let him play there. You see top prospects going back to the 'A' or juniors only when they'd, otherwise, get 3rd or 4th-line minutes.

I have a feeling that some of you, had the Kings won the draft lottery last year, would've made the case for Crosby spending some time in Manchester in order to get accustomed to professional hockey and playing against men

Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2006, 04:20 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
I have a feeling that some of you, had the Kings won the draft lottery last year, would've made the case for Crosby spending some time in Manchester in order to get accustomed to professional hockey and playing against men
Naaaw, but Ovechkin would have needed time in the 'A' to adjust to the NA game

Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2006, 04:44 PM
Complaining Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck U View Post
Naaaw, but Ovechkin would have needed time in the 'A' to adjust to the NA game
If Malkin had been sent directly to the 'A', he wouldn't be hurt right now.

Complaining Customer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2006, 05:04 PM
Osprey

I would go with the pairings that they have now: O'Sullivan-Conroy-Cammalleri and Frolov-Kopitar. I would, then, add Willsie to that 2nd line. Thus, both lines would nicely consist of one rookie, one tweener and one vet. That would be ideal, IMO. Brown should skate on the 3rd line to give that line youth and keep the top-6 from being too inexperienced.

Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2006, 05:05 PM
JimBeam

Quote:
/agree

Or if we drafted AO or Malkin that they would need time in Manchester to get use to playing NA style Hockey.

Old
09-22-2006, 05:06 PM
RightKinger

Quote:
I would go with the pairings that they have now: O'Sullivan-Conroy-Cammalleri and Frolov-Kopitar. I would, then, add Willsie to that 2nd line. Thus, both lines would nicely consist of one rookie, one tweener and one vet. That would be ideal, IMO. Brown should skate on the 3rd line to give that line youth and keep the top-6 from being too inexperienced.
I agree. Those are the lines I would have and by the end of the season the top 6 should look like this-
Frolov-Kopitar-Cammalleri
O'Sullivan-Conroy-Brown

RightKinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2006, 05:25 PM
Kingz4life

Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftKinger View Post
I agree. Those are the lines I would have and by the end of the season the top 6 should look like this-
Frolov-Kopitar-Cammalleri
O'Sullivan-Conroy-Brown
I like.

Kingz4life is offline   Reply With Quote