HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around The League (Playoff Time) - Part III

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-06-2013, 12:08 AM
  #901
AngelDuck
Registered User
 
AngelDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,370
vCash: 500
The Canucks suck

AngelDuck is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 12:20 AM
  #902
Gibson Les Palms
Registered User
 
Gibson Les Palms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,751
vCash: 814
#blowitup

Gibson Les Palms is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 12:42 AM
  #903
bumperkisser
Registered User
 
bumperkisser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,675
vCash: 500
schneider REALLY shat the bed in that 3rd

bumperkisser is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 01:39 AM
  #904
Bender66
Send in the clowns
 
Bender66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,441
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gratefulyours View Post
the playoff thread is awesome.

a sen fan saying the shooting of the puck at turris wasn't classy...hahaha the irony is killing me.
First thing I thought of when I saw the replay.

Bender66 is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 10:18 AM
  #905
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White
 
Spicy Porkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: He is risen!
Posts: 9,646
vCash: 500
I'm a little surprised at people freaking out over the Subban/Turris fight. To me it was obvious that Turris picked the wrong guy to take a poke at. Yeah it sucks when the guy won't stopping throwing when he's down, but that happens pretty regularly. I don't get why there's a special thread for it.

Spicy Porkins is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 11:01 AM
  #906
heusy_79
9 - 20 - 8
 
heusy_79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,550
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn Skippy View Post
I'm a little surprised at people freaking out over the Subban/Turris fight. To me it was obvious that Turris picked the wrong guy to take a poke at. Yeah it sucks when the guy won't stopping throwing when he's down, but that happens pretty regularly. I don't get why there's a special thread for it.
I think it was a combination of two dirty tactics in one incident. Turris and Subban were going at it with gloves and sticks up after the whistle. Subban dropped his mitts and started throwing rights against a complete non fighter, one of which landed square and knocked Turris down. PK then continued to fire punches at a defenseless Turris long after the linesmen were in, which everyone knows you don't do.

Two "code" violations in one incident, doesn't surprise me that we are seeing backlash. That being said, I didn't think Subban deserved a suspension. It's a greasy move but not dangerous enough to warrant a playoff suspension.

Gallagher is lucky he didn't get an instigator in the Conacher incident. On the replay you see Gallagher approach CC and challenge him, while Conacher is still dealing with Prust wrapped around him. Gallagher then just dropped his mitts and started throwing rights before Conacher could react. About 3 mins left in the third at the time too, so it would have been an automatic suspension.

The one play in the game that I think should have been reviewed was the Bourque elbow. Away from the play, complete intent to deliver a shot to the head, repeat offender...all the makings of a 2-4 game suspension but the league must have felt differently.

heusy_79 is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 12:07 PM
  #907
kducks
Duck Off
 
kducks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: OC
Country: United States
Posts: 21,437
vCash: 3290
Quote:
Originally Posted by gratefulyours View Post
the playoff thread is awesome.

a sen fan saying the shooting of the puck at turris wasn't classy...hahaha the irony is killing me.
It's nothing like what Alfie did, he didn't mean to

kducks is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 03:16 PM
  #908
bumperkisser
Registered User
 
bumperkisser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,675
vCash: 500
schultz/yakupov not in calder trophy talk

bumperkisser is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 03:28 PM
  #909
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White
 
Spicy Porkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: He is risen!
Posts: 9,646
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
I think it was a combination of two dirty tactics in one incident. Turris and Subban were going at it with gloves and sticks up after the whistle. Subban dropped his mitts and started throwing rights against a complete non fighter, one of which landed square and knocked Turris down. PK then continued to fire punches at a defenseless Turris long after the linesmen were in, which everyone knows you don't do.

Two "code" violations in one incident, doesn't surprise me that we are seeing backlash. That being said, I didn't think Subban deserved a suspension. It's a greasy move but not dangerous enough to warrant a playoff suspension.

Gallagher is lucky he didn't get an instigator in the Conacher incident. On the replay you see Gallagher approach CC and challenge him, while Conacher is still dealing with Prust wrapped around him. Gallagher then just dropped his mitts and started throwing rights before Conacher could react. About 3 mins left in the third at the time too, so it would have been an automatic suspension.

The one play in the game that I think should have been reviewed was the Bourque elbow. Away from the play, complete intent to deliver a shot to the head, repeat offender...all the makings of a 2-4 game suspension but the league must have felt differently.
Meh. If you're a "complete non-fighter" you might not want to keep taking shots at a guy who is, when no one's around to help you. At least if your intent is to remain a non-fighter.

Spicy Porkins is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 05:49 PM
  #910
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?
 
Sojourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 26,302
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumperkisser View Post
schultz/yakupov not in calder trophy talk
I'm actually a little surprised Yakupov isn't a finalist. Tied with Huberdeau for most points. That being said, the offense is all he has in his favor, because his play away from the puck is seriously lacking.

Schultz really doesn't deserve to be in the Calder conversation. Earlier in the season, sure, but he was brutal the second half of the season. The only defenseman who deserved consideration was Brodin.

__________________
"As a rule, men worry more about what they can't see than about what they can."
Sojourn is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 06:53 PM
  #911
Kalvinators
hurrr-durrr
 
Kalvinators's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Latvia
Country: Latvia
Posts: 8,967
vCash: 500
Lost it at this one:


Kalvinators is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 07:44 PM
  #912
TesseracT
Manson's Carnage
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 6,162
vCash: 500
That McQuaid goal really shut that Toronto crowd up.

TesseracT is offline  
Old
05-07-2013, 12:32 AM
  #913
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 19,165
vCash: 500
Looks like the Blues are about to **** the bed.

Exit Dose is offline  
Old
05-07-2013, 12:33 AM
  #914
Leizi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,124
vCash: 500
Sigh... and the Blues are ******** themselves, day just keeps getting worse.

Leizi is offline  
Old
05-07-2013, 12:55 AM
  #915
Papaspud
upsetting the
 
Papaspud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: sensitive
Posts: 7,626
vCash: 500
kings must've just won The Cup....streamers everywhere.

Papaspud is offline  
Old
05-07-2013, 09:00 PM
  #916
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Lakewood CA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,898
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Another reason we shouldn't have shipped out Kunitz. Score again

Ducksgo* is offline  
Old
05-07-2013, 09:18 PM
  #917
Gibson Les Palms
Registered User
 
Gibson Les Palms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,751
vCash: 814
Tavares is sooooo good. Lazy play by Malkin though. MAF is so bad too.

Gibson Les Palms is offline  
Old
05-07-2013, 09:36 PM
  #918
Gibson Les Palms
Registered User
 
Gibson Les Palms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,751
vCash: 814
MAF is gonna singlehandedly lose this series.

Gibson Les Palms is offline  
Old
05-07-2013, 09:36 PM
  #919
Eddie Shack
Bamboo Harvester
 
Eddie Shack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Anaheim, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,210
vCash: 500
Fleury is making Hiller look like Patrick Roy.

Eddie Shack is offline  
Old
05-07-2013, 09:36 PM
  #920
Ducks DVM
Moderator
There is no grunion
 
Ducks DVM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Long Beach, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,765
vCash: 500
Is Fleury aware that the purpose of the goalie is to keep the puck OUT of the net?

Ducks DVM is offline  
Old
05-07-2013, 09:37 PM
  #921
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Lakewood CA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,898
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Teemu View Post
Tavares is sooooo good. Lazy play by Malkin though. MAF is so bad too.
hAHAHA ohh how the mighty has fallen. Fricken hilarious. You have 4 superstars on your team and you suck balls Pitt! I LOVE it! Hahahaha series tied go f yourselves pit!

Ducksgo* is offline  
Old
05-07-2013, 09:49 PM
  #922
rollingdux
Registered User
 
rollingdux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: So Cal
Country: United States
Posts: 2,641
vCash: 500
....and just like that I don't feel so bad about our series being tied at 2. Maybe even less by the end of the night.

rollingdux is offline  
Old
05-07-2013, 09:54 PM
  #923
douglast5
PS3 GMC Comish
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,307
vCash: 500
Id rather lose to detroit 100 times, then lose to the Islanders.

I had Penguins penciled in for a sweep, never saw this coming.

douglast5 is offline  
Old
05-07-2013, 10:06 PM
  #924
Paul4587
Moderator
 
Paul4587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 15,017
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
Is Fleury aware that the purpose of the goalie is to keep the puck OUT of the net?
I really hope not. I would love for the Isles to win this series.

You have to wonder when they turn to Vokoun. I think he's a much better goalie than Fleury is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
hAHAHA ohh how the mighty has fallen. Fricken hilarious. You have 4 superstars on your team and you suck balls Pitt! I LOVE it! Hahahaha series tied go f yourselves pit!
I wouldn't say they suck balls exactly. They're still heavy cup favorites - Isles need to win two more still.

Paul4587 is online now  
Old
05-07-2013, 10:17 PM
  #925
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 19,165
vCash: 500
Fleury is terribad.

Exit Dose is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:02 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.