HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs should keep Carey Price - Bergy and Demers

Old
09-22-2006, 05:42 PM
GSK*

vCash: 500
Price, in NHL, will be a awesome goalie. I love that guys, he was playing well, he look so hudge in the net and he seems to have great latheral reflexs. I think Price can handle some NHL action. I saw something that would be wrong with that decision its at 19 years old and with a lot of depth in the goal you don't take that kind of chance. I explain, at 19 your mental thoughness is not the same at 22-23. With another one or two years in minor or AHL he really going to see what that really need to be a top-notch goalie in pro. That would be better for him this years to start 50 games in the season or even more in WHL, against 15-30 in NHL.

Right now, NO WAY, Price going to make a better job or be a big upgrade on Aebischer. I think its useless to have both, Huet and Aebischer, when Danis and Halak can be really really good no2 goaltender.

We need past the first 25-30 games of the season and then the direction of the team need to make a decision who's between Aebischer or Huet is better for the team, the value of them on the market...etc. They can get a great players if both of them play very nice and some goalers team make their job very bad or if they're injured.

IMO:

Huet/Aebischer (one of them need to get trade)
Danis
Halak (very underrated out there, he can be a number one goaler in 3-4 years at the age of 24-25)
Price
Desjardins

Next season:

Huet or Aebischer (one of them would be traded)
Price (he going to be the number two keeper)
Halak (Last season to dominating the AHL)
Desjardins (number two in the AHL)

PS.: I'm not GM but I would trade Danis, after a couple of nice NHL game, we can have something "decent" against him.

In two season:

Price
Halak
Desjardins

GSK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2006, 05:45 PM
wade

sure carey price is better right now

but then again he was in development camp, rookie tournament, etcc.....

abby and huet are just shaking off rust

they should know better

wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2006, 05:48 PM
MM425

It would be DEATH to Price if he was thrown to the dogs in the NHL right away.

The Habs are only going to go as far as their goaltending takes them... putting that pressure on a 19 year old is frankly insane.

Look at all the top young goalies in the league right now: Miller, Toivonnen, Lethtonen, Ward... all had AT LEAST 1 year of AHL game under their belts. Price should be treated no differently IMO.

MM425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2006, 05:50 PM
KaptainKourage*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackattack View Post

The Habs are only going to go as far as their goaltending takes them... putting that pressure on a 19 year old is frankly insane.

Look at all the top young goalies in the league right now: Miller, Toivonnen, Lethtonen, Ward... all had AT LEAST 1 year of AHL game under their belts. Price should be treated no differently IMO.
good point.

KaptainKourage* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2006, 05:54 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:

Or equivalent pro hockey in Europe

Habs Prospects website
habsprospects is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2006, 05:55 PM
Madevilz

lol Price already better than Huet and Aebischer? ***

I guess he wont have any problem dominating junior and make Team Canada

Madevilz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2006, 06:07 PM
LePoche69

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
Glad I'm not the only conspiracy theorist here.
I'm so much of a conspiracy theorist that here's what I think about their quotes :

1- Demers said that because he's still Carbo's friend and Carbo asked him to say so to take out a bit of the attention Latendresse has.

2- Bergie said that because he doesn't want to be accused of being a french version of Don Cherry, only praising the french's and not the anglo+russians.

Anyway, no junior will make the team this season because Gainey doesn't want to win; everobody know that he will never let a junior play with the habs even if that junior makes his team better. He wants to lose. He's paid by Gillet and Gillet is a pink cross guardian giving his money to Jchychok community.

LePoche69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2006, 07:23 PM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Well Price may be good right now but he will get better.
Putting him in a starting role in the NHL is crazy because you risk ruining him. Making him a back up is not that good either because it will slow his devlopment as goalies NEED in game experience!
WHL is the best place for him (not to mention if he wins the starters job for Canada at the WJC's

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2006, 07:29 PM
Clumsyhab

Price will be the #1 goalie in 2008-2009 and will win us the Cup at 22, for the 100 years anniversary.

Clumsyhab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2006, 10:45 PM
Duster

Way too soon to bring him up, imo. One the problems he's had in Junior is consistency. I understand it's a problem that pretty common with young goalies. He needs to play a lot and I'm not sure that would happen in Montreal.

Duster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2006, 10:49 PM
deandebean

Never, EVER forget what Blair MacKasey, Canada's premier junior scout, said of Price: this guy will make the jump from juniors to the NHL.

I can't say I studied Price very hard. But I believe Blair because Blair has been pretty accurate in his talent evaluation.

Don't think it could be this year, though. But next season, watch out.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2006, 10:50 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by LePoche69 View Post
I'm so much of a conspiracy theorist that here's what I think about their quotes :

1- Demers said that because he's still Carbo's friend and Carbo asked him to say so to take out a bit of the attention Latendresse has.

2- Bergie said that because he doesn't want to be accused of being a french version of Don Cherry, only praising the french's and not the anglo+russians.

Anyway, no junior will make the team this season because Gainey doesn't want to win; everobody know that he will never let a junior play with the habs even if that junior makes his team better. He wants to lose. He's paid by Gillet and Gillet is a pink cross guardian giving his money to Jchychok community.
What's a pink cross guardian and what is a Jchychok community? Just asking.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2006, 11:14 PM
Slick Nick

to me they are not hockey experts anymore.. one's a spokesman for nasty soup and the other for placebo pills..

Slick Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2006, 11:17 PM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

vCash: 50
Quote:

T
Judging by Tri-Cities getting shelled 7-3 tonight, he's going to get thrown to the dogs in the WHL also.

loudi94 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2006, 12:24 AM
Clumsyhab

Change this thread to:

Habs should keep Carey Price - Dumb & Dumber.

Clumsyhab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2006, 12:28 AM
Le Tricolore
Franchise Players

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
I don't believe Demers said that. I want to see proof. Show me something he wrote!

Wait...

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2006, 01:32 AM
Poignant Discussion
I tell it like it is

vCash: 1400
Send a message via MSN to Poignant Discussion Send a message via Yahoo to Poignant Discussion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
I don't believe Demers said that. I want to see proof. Show me something he wrote!

Wait...

A total ignorant comment. Show some class man

Poignant Discussion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2006, 01:43 AM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostitsyn1489 View Post
Jacques Demers said Habs should keep Carey Price this season because he's already better then Aebischer and Huet. Michel Bergeron agreed with that.

I really like Price and some young goalie did a really good job so maybe it wouldnt be a bad move BUT like Latendresse there's not a lot of room for him. Danis is ready and we already have 2 NHL goalie.

What's your thought?
I saw Price at the development camp and I can only think that Demers did not say anything like that. Bergeron...who knows...

I think he lacks drive because he knows Huet/Aeby are ahead of him. It's like most of our prospects. There just aren't any jobs (except on the blueline, but we don't have any prospects there that are ready).

I really don't like his lazy glove and his penchant to try for the lazy-spectacular save. That's cheating and he knows it. I do like his quick feet though. Combined with his size and the fact that he seems to keep his frame is a very good sign for him. But I'd like to see his so-called competitiveness destroy his flaws.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2006, 02:22 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Jacques Demers said Habs should keep Carey Price this season because he's already better then Aebischer and Huet. Michel Bergeron agreed with that.

I really like Price and some young goalie did a really good job so maybe it wouldnt be a bad move BUT like Latendresse there's not a lot of room for him. Danis is ready and we already have 2 NHL goalie.

What's your thought?
lol, I cant believe what I'm reading

There's no possible way Price is better than aebischer or huet yet.

What's up with demers? is all that chin fat going to his head?

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2006, 07:39 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
What's your thought?
It's depressing to think that these guys have dream jobs and get paid to utter such nonsense.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2006, 08:26 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
I'm not sure but I hear Dr.Phil will be devoting 2/3 of an episode rescuing children from them.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2006, 08:30 AM
Crusher20

Send a message via AIM to Crusher20 Send a message via Yahoo to Crusher20
Quote:
Originally Posted by oli500 View Post
Jacque demers should no better. The goalie has got to be an integral part of your team. Your teams succes starts with good goaltending. Jacque demers should no this because he had patrick roy. You just dont bring in a 19 year old in your organisation. 2 or 3 bad games and his confidence is shaking. The last thing you want is for price to come in have a few bad games and get him to think he cant handle the nhl game.

Maybe they have Cam Ward fresh to their memory... thats the only reason i see them having those kind of toughts.

Crusher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2006, 08:30 AM
Mikhail Grabovsky*

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli500 View Post
Jacque demers should no better. The goalie has got to be an integral part of your team. Your teams succes starts with good goaltending. Jacque demers should no this because he had patrick roy. You just dont bring in a 19 year old in your organisation. 2 or 3 bad games and his confidence is shaking. The last thing you want is for price to come in have a few bad games and get him to think he cant handle the nhl game.

Hum ! Wasn't Roy 19 when he was brought up for the playoffs ?

Mikhail Grabovsky* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2006, 09:33 AM
LePoche69

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
basically, they are supra-terrestrials living under elms. They exist randomly. They allready have the gov.

LePoche69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2006, 09:51 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by LePoche69 View Post
basically, they are supra-terrestrials living under elms. They exist randomly. They allready have the gov.
Thanks, you know, I've seen them but didn't know what they were called and was too shy to ask.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote