HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs lose 3-2 to Sens

Closed Thread

Old
05-08-2013, 12:06 AM
windycity

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
Maxime Morin ‏@MaxMorinRDS 2h
Le superviseur vidéo est convoqué par Brendan Shanahan demain 13h. Audience téléphonique.
It's a joke

Old
05-08-2013, 12:07 AM
Xzotik*

Sad to say this but Therrien is at fault for this lost. Poor decisions overall in the 3rd period. How the fc*k do you play Ryder at the end of the game (crucial time to protect a lead) when this chump has no puck skills whatsoever, can't win battles, handles the stick and puck like a clumsy bambi, no will no motivation no fight, has hockey vision of a 6 years old and skates and floats like his being dragged by 30 tons of bricks.

Last edited by Xzotik*: 05-08-2013 at 12:12 AM.
Old
05-08-2013, 12:07 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalock View Post
Same here, have come to hate the Sens more than any team now.
Not even. I hate he Bruins and Leafs far more. The Sens are nothing to me, an irrelevant franchise which we have no history with. Who cares?

Old
05-08-2013, 12:08 AM
StellerEller
Saku :D

vCash: 351
Someone want to translate the highlights to MT's presser?

Old
05-08-2013, 12:08 AM
Saint Patrick
2 rings in my hears

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackytorque View Post
Obviously. Your not a true Canadian
Are you freaking kidding me ? Then no I'm not a true Canadian if you expect me to cheer the senators I've seen in this series. Habs are the only team I cheer for, every other team in this league is fair game. And right now whether its the Habs or the next team the sens face, I'll be cheering for whoever crushes the sens.

Corrected..was pissed

Old
05-08-2013, 12:10 AM
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner

Awards:
All the apologies and hearings result to nothing in the end; the Habs are still down 3-1 in the series.

Old
05-08-2013, 12:10 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
It happened to Halpern today as well at the beginning of the third period I believe. Turris was taping the buttend of Halpern's stick for about 15sec while Halpern was trying to set up. Halpern gives a little slash to Turris, end result: Halpern chased.
Even the ref had to come in to warn Turris to stop his dumb crap, but yet was let to take the FOs, which he won. Possession Ottawa.

Hockey referees influence the game so freaking much it's seriously nuts. There are too many of them taking bad decisions. They need people to speak up and address this issue, it's just awful.
I agree. NBA refs are pretty bad....but the NHL is downright terrible....especially Peel and Lee...yet they keep giving them playoff games. That';s what frustrates me more than the loss. I have no issue losing...but I don't want refs to be a factor.

Old
05-08-2013, 12:12 AM
InglewoodJack

Man, that was heartbreaking. Yeah, the refs were bad and gave a bunch of poor calls, but the team played lazy as soon as they pulled Anderson. Dumping the puck every time it hit a stick, poor D, eh.

Hope Price and Prust are okay. It sucked to see Budaj come in cold.

Old
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by StellerEller View Post
Someone want to translate the highlights to MT's presser?
He spent most of it talking about how the faceoff PRIOR to the Zibanejad goal (which DD got kicked out of and Gally lost) was on the wrong side when it was obvious it should have clearly been on the left side since the Alfredsson shot that Price had just stopped came from the half wall. Then mentioned that if he had known it would be on the right side he would have sent a different line (Halpern).

Old
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by windycity View Post
I'll actually cheer for the bruins over the sens at this pt, as amazing as that is to me
The rivalry with the Bruins isn't new,
The sens is a new rivalry. But to make matters worse, we should really be up 3-1 in these series. The Sens have not outplayed us these POs, add that with the fact that MacLean has just been disrespectful of our players for no apparent reason and his dumb Timeout, then ya, every Hab fans wants the Sens to just get destroyed.

Old
05-08-2013, 12:13 AM
black charger

Why don't we have a temporary alliance.I don't like the senaturds and you guys don't like the Bruins.So if the Habs go down you guys cheer for the Leafs and if the Leafs go down we cheer for the Habs.If we both win the battle is on.If we both go down lets hope the Bruins and Senaturds beat the crap out of each other and get blown out in 4 games the next round.

Old
boris4c

Having lived in Ottawa for most of my life, the Senators are the franchise I hate the most and I've hated them since I was a kid. It's tough to live here at the moment with all the chirping going around. I will always hate them more than the Bruins or the Maple Leafs, but I can see how that is not the case with people who live in Montreal or elsewhere.

Old
cjbhab*
Go Habs Go

well guys everyone on facebook has made me feel like i'm a piece of ****.. maybe i am a piece of ****, the refs were great tonight i guess.

Old
05-08-2013, 12:14 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by black charger View Post
How many players have you guys lost in this series?
Eller
Gionta
White
Prust
Price
Pacioretty missed a game, but he might as well be out of the lineup with what he's brought when in there.

Old
StellerEller
Saku :D

vCash: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Patrick View Post
He was mostly focusing on the face off being on the wrong side, talked about players keeping the intensity going even in the third (a little strange but whatever). And mentioned upper body for Prust and lower to price.
Thank you.

Old
leopod

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
Cole would not have influenced the refs. Cole may have been more effective than Ryder, though.
Even if he's a good friend...

Old
05-08-2013, 12:16 AM
M.C.G. 31

vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Patrick View Post
He was mostly focusing on the face off being on the wrong side, talked about players keeping the intensity going even in the third (a little strange but whatever). And mentioned upper body for Prust and lower to price.
He's delusional if he thinks the Habs did anything other than sit back in the 3rd. Started strong with the PK, went downhill quickly.

"It's going to be great. I can't wait for the crowd, the noise, the energy in the building. I can't wait to take that all away from them."
- PK Subban
Old
05-08-2013, 12:16 AM
thewall

Remember the disalowed goal on the Sens during Super Bowl Weekend.. It's karma.. the NHL gave it back to the Sens big time!

Old
05-08-2013, 12:17 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
I agree. NBA refs are pretty bad....but the NHL is downright terrible....especially Peel and Lee...yet they keep giving them playoff games. That';s what frustrates me more than the loss. I have no issue losing...but I don't want refs to be a factor.
Ya, and I have my limit to bad officiating. I mean, the linesmen have been on a power trip all series. I've never seen so many players chased, and you know it's bad when even commentators actually speak about it.

I have no problem losing like we did in game 1 and 3. I'm sure we can look at some missed calls, but at the end of the day, it really wasn't there fault at all. Tonight though, they absolutely wanted the spotlight.

Old
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
why does therrien keep benching galchenyuk...i haven't followed the habs to have seen the minutiae of his play...but from what i've seen he's very impressive and while obviously a young rookie doesn't ever seem like a disaster or someone who's "un-trustworthy". Is he prone to ill-timed mistakes or something?
Tonight was really the first time he's been ''benched'' in a long time.

Usually he hovers in the 10-12 minute range while playing 3-4 minutes per period and that's the slowly but surely plan they've followed all season.

Old
Mrb1p

Quote:
why does therrien keep benching galchenyuk...i haven't followed the habs to have seen the minutiae of his play...but from what i've seen he's very impressive and while obviously a young rookie doesn't ever seem like a disaster or someone who's "un-trustworthy". Is he prone to ill-timed mistakes or something?
Not at all... MT is just a bad coach.

Old
05-08-2013, 12:18 AM
M.C.G. 31

vCash: 597
Quote:
why does therrien keep benching galchenyuk...i haven't followed the habs enough (although i've seen a lot of games) to have seen the minutiae of his play...but from what i've seen he's very impressive and while obviously a young rookie doesn't ever seem like a disaster or someone who's "un-trustworthy". Is he prone to ill-timed mistakes or something?

Because Therrien doesnt have a clue sometimes.

Old
05-08-2013, 12:19 AM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by black charger View Post
I guess the Leafs might as well get their golf clubs out now.
Eh, they'll probably give the Leafs a break, since they haven't made it in a long time and its part of the Anglo community.

(I'm not a francophone, btw)

Old
05-08-2013, 12:20 AM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chael Sonnen View Post
Because Therrien doesnt have a clue sometimes.
The only remotely plausible explanation is that he doesn't want him hurt...but he trots out and injured Pacioretty, Ryder, and Gio (not this game for Gio, obviously)...

Old
05-08-2013, 12:20 AM
Aspirine
Lateral Move at Best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Not at all... MT is just a bad coach.
Wrong. MT is actually good.
I have no explanation for the Galchenyuk benching though.

Closed Thread