HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jagr May Miss Opener? TSN

Old
09-21-2006, 06:07 PM
Dagoon44

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Jagr May Miss Opener? TSN

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=178281&hubname=nhl

I guess better safe then sorry but I hope he plays

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2006, 06:12 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Not really too much of a suprise. They are being causious and thats the best way to go. I would rather have him out of the line up for say 2 weeks and then come back and play the rest of the season, than have him play on October 5th and hurt himself after being checked into the boards, only to have him miss the next 5 months. Its better to miss the games he needs in the begging of the season rather than miss them come April.

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2006, 06:18 PM
frozenrubber

TSN making such a big deal of this was the biggest surprise. Since he's just began strength training on the shoulder at the beginning of camp, 6 weeks sounds like a good estimate for complete (well, adaquate) recovery.

Actually, my biggest fear is a Blackburn-esqe injury. Word is that Jagr is working his tail off and even doing extra sessions. Especially when you get older, you heal slower. I have more fear in Jagr injuring himself greater in rehab then I do coming back too early.

frozenrubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2006, 06:27 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenrubber View Post
TSN making such a big deal of this was the biggest surprise. Since he's just began strength training on the shoulder at the beginning of camp, 6 weeks sounds like a good estimate for complete (well, adaquate) recovery.

Actually, my biggest fear is a Blackburn-esqe injury. Word is that Jagr is working his tail off and even doing extra sessions. Especially when you get older, you heal slower. I have more fear in Jagr injuring himself greater in rehab then I do coming back too early.
Thats a very realistic fear, I hope he is training with supervison, only because when you want something badly enough sometimes you dont make the smartest decisions.

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2006, 07:56 PM
Plato
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 1000
if he goes down so do we

Plato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2006, 08:06 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyutin 51 View Post
if he goes down so do we
Speak for yourself little buddy

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2006, 08:39 PM
Pizza

No big deal if he misses a few games. Get him healthy then get him back in there. We'll be that much better when he's back.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2006, 08:42 PM
DontStaal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
No big deal if he misses a few games. Get him healthy then get him back in there. We'll be that much better when he's back.
exactly.. and thats why we got shanny... to help our offense. Let the guy heal (dont want wat happened in the playoffs)

DontStaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2006, 08:55 PM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Great thread title.

Just in case no one knew what number Jagr wore

Better safe than sorry.

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2006, 09:18 PM
nyrmessier011

Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
I wouldn't mind him missing the first 10 games even, as long as he's 100% for the rest of the way.

nyrmessier011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2006, 10:12 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

I'm surprised nobody is saying "now greg moore is going to get a shot!"

Just kidding....

If Jagr isn't a 100% there is no point in playing him. We need this guy plain and simple.

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2006, 11:45 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmessier011 View Post
I wouldn't mind him missing the first 10 games even, as long as he's 100% for the rest of the way.
Exactly. Even if hes 99.9% i'd rather give him another week off until he is 100%. I have a lot of faith with this team that even without Jagr, we can still get W's. Last year (toward the end) I wouldnt have thought that as much (with young players getting worn down, and some vets slacking toward the end).

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2006, 12:02 AM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Not to mention the kind of motivation this team will play with...

"It's us against everyone who thinks we can't win without Jaromir."

Tawnos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2006, 01:42 AM
Kostik

I read in Czech press interview with JJ maybe a week ago.
He said that he is making his own practises and recovery of the shoulder, he knows his body best and he is not following exactly doctor's rehab's orders
Also he feels that he is ready to go and want's to play, could be interesting to see what happen if he want's to play opener and Renney is opposite mind...
Jagr is very competitive and played many times with not completely healed injury(art ross trophy race with Bure for instance), i think he can miss first two games max.

Kostik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2006, 09:39 AM
Fletch

It's kind of scary...

hearing that Jagr may not be ready for the opener. Of course, not ready for the first game becomes not ready the game after, and so on, and then his first game he hurts it again, after it started as be ready for camp, then preseason, then the last game. I dunno. He's obviously needed. The only good is that we'll see a couple youngsters further into the preseason; but of course, it would be better to see them with Jagr.

EDIT: I think if Jagr was 75-80%, he'd play the opener. The fact that we're a couple weeks from the opener leads me to believe he's not very close to 100% at all (the fact that it's only a couple weeks is odd too, considering I was about to post four weeks). Think Jags wants to miss the home opener? No way.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2006, 09:43 AM
Fletch

kostic...

we saw what happened when Jagr played with a bum shoulder in the playoffs...he could barely take a shot and wasn't effective. Hopefully Renney will show restrain this time around and keep him out if he's that ineffective again.

Old
09-22-2006, 11:22 AM
94now

There is nothing wrong with his shoulder. All of that is a gossip born out of Renney playing it safe along with the doctors. What else do you expect him to say? Guarantee Jagr appearance Oct.5? I am sure Czech doctors are no worse than those in NY when it comes to rehab. But if you're doctor here and you see the patient for the first time since the spring, I bet you wont clear him. Jagr had his shoulder strength trained for months. A few more weeks could help, but really there is nothing else that can be done at this point to prevent re-injury besides sitting him. For how long? Now, even being 100% ok health-wise do not suggest being 100% the player we knew. This is entirely different aspect ,though, and a few more weeks won't make a big difference there.
My prediction HE WILL BE IN THE LINEUP OCT 5TH.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2006, 12:29 PM
Block More Shots

I didn't have this confidence in the team last year when Jagr was out of the lineup but with this season's roster, we can hold our own without him. Not for a whole season of course but 5-10 games isn't out of the question. It'll leave an opportunity for the kids to step up AND Prucha/Shanny to play together on the PP.

Block More Shots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2006, 06:11 AM
Ola

Talk about diffrent philosophys here then in Philly.

Forsberg where supposed to be back January 2007. Though doctors found out that he didn't need a 2nd surgery, so they moved it to around mid october, if things went well maybe even Oct 5, the opener.

Today its 23rd of September and Forsberg will play tonight...

Some mumbling here in Sweden are that Forsberg aren't sure if he should have made the 2nd surgery or not, and felt that the decision where made over his head. Philly wants to sign a extension with him, though Forsberg will hold Clarke accountable for the decision about the surgery, if it was a good one he will return, if not its bye bye Philly.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2006, 08:05 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Talk about diffrent philosophys here then in Philly.

Forsberg where supposed to be back January 2007. Though doctors found out that he didn't need a 2nd surgery, so they moved it to around mid october, if things went well maybe even Oct 5, the opener.

Today its 23rd of September and Forsberg will play tonight...

Some mumbling here in Sweden are that Forsberg aren't sure if he should have made the 2nd surgery or not, and felt that the decision where made over his head. Philly wants to sign a extension with him, though Forsberg will hold Clarke accountable for the decision about the surgery, if it was a good one he will return, if not its bye bye Philly.

Not surprising. Considering the way Clarke handled the Lindros situation, he has a track record on such matters.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2006, 12:08 PM
Fletch

I really don't think...

it's a matter of Jagr getting to 100%. I think he's just not there. His shoulder was pretty bad - remember the playoffs? He couldn't take a shot. I think he's still hurt. Hopefully Renney's waiting for Jagr to be able to wind up and take a real shot.