HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs lose 3-2 to Sens

Closed Thread

Old
05-08-2013, 01:37 AM
hfsk

vCash: 500
Leaf fan here, you guys got totally robbed today with that goal off the skate

I think your main issue is your team hasnt gotten the memo on karlesson(sp?), the rangers pounded him silly last year, you guys play tough on thier left dman methot and cowen who are way way bigger than him but when it comes to karlesson no one hits to hurt him

The moment he thinks twice the breakout suffers and they cant score anymore.

Old
05-08-2013, 01:38 AM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masuli View Post
They cleared the zone and defended well, Ottawa really didn't have any real chance to score without those amateur mistakes from reffs.
I'm with you on this. Would have been a sweet 2-0 win or at worst 2-1.

Old
05-08-2013, 01:41 AM
Theosis
#freegalchenyuk

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfsk View Post

I think your main issue is your team hasnt gotten the memo on karlesson(sp?), the rangers pounded him silly last year, you guys play tough on thier left dman methot and cowen who are way way bigger than him but when it comes to karlesson no one hits to hurt him

I don't know, I thought Karlsson looked pretty pathetic tonight, other than his first rush in the first few seconds of the game.

Old
05-08-2013, 01:44 AM
habtastic

Quote:

tbh I haven't really thought Karlsson has stood out. We lost because we are missing some key guys BUT the guys who did show up tonight and played a great game...got robbed.

Spezza is out, fine.

Hard to play for us without Eller, Emelin, White, Gionta, Prust and Price. (Prust was already screwed when he went into the boards earlier on - his shoulder just totally gave way on that GTG otherwise we would have neutralized the bad reffing.)

We did what we needed to to win and it was stolen. Karlsson get no credit for this. He's also not THAT easy to hit and with our depleted lineup and the positional play we NEED to have (reason we had success tonight until jobbed) would get us out of position if we tried too much for the hit. Kind of like going after Marchand when Bergeron and Seguin will be left wide open.

BTW, how you enjoying these Bruins? Still in awe of them? How bout the fans (actually they've been so tame with you guys)? How bout Jack Edwards? (Similarly tame relatively.)

Old
05-08-2013, 01:44 AM
Masuli

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
I'm with you on this. Would have been a sweet 2-0 win or at worst 2-1.
I was sure it was in the bag and woke the whole flat when I saw they allowed the Zib goal and again with the Conacher goal. Adding to this the reffs have been taking too many homeside calls in Ottawa. Prust got boarded like 5 times in 2 games and none of them got called but tackle on Gryba in 1st and a minor for Prust? WHAT?!

I was happy that MB and MT turned this year into a Cinderella story but looking at our situation with Eller, Emelin, Price, Prust and Gionta(yeah worthless in POs anyway but still) out, we are worn out no doubt about it. Just need to hope Ottawa gets destroyed in round 2 and Blues win the Cup.

Old
05-08-2013, 01:48 AM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
I am not too high on Gorges right now, and that stuff about him being a future Captain ... not with comments like that.
From what I heard (and I'm probably the #1 hater of Gorges post game comments this season), he didn't blame the refs. He commented on the icing and how one play for him didn't get called the same, but he quickly brought it back to not pressing. I've hated his moaning during the slump, but after the last two games, I actually didn't mind his comments at all. Like he said, and it's true, they can't do anything about it and have to come out/go down swinging.

Old
05-08-2013, 01:54 AM
habtastic

Quote:
I was sure it was in the bag and woke the whole flat when I saw they allowed the Zib goal and again with the Conacher goal. Adding to this the reffs have been taking too many homeside calls in Ottawa. Prust got boarded like 5 times in 2 games and none of them got called but tackle on Gryba in 1st and a minor for Prust? WHAT?!

I was happy that MB and MT turned this year into a Cinderella story but looking at our situation with Eller, Emelin, Price, Prust and Gionta(yeah worthless in POs anyway but still) out, we are worn out no doubt about it. Just need to hope Ottawa gets destroyed in round 2 and Blues win the Cup.
It's not over yet. Let's see where the dust falls wrt Prust and Price. You never know, if we push the series, who might be able to come back. We will get our chances on the PP next game, I'm fairly certain due to the understandable and justified outrage of tonight. We better capitalize on it. We still have the best player on both teams and he's not going to wilt (PK). If Price isn't hurt too badly (if he can make it to Sat provided we win the next game), we have a chance.

I'm most worried about Prust.

Quietly, Dumont had an awesome game.

Also, injuries are bad luck (I mean, just look at Emelin and Eller...wtf?!) and going forward I am very happy with MB and MT and our development program. I have high hopes. We are gunning to be bonafied cup contenders in 2-3 years and we're on track. The thing that reaaaaally sucks about the playoffs is that you could lose half your roster to injuries, which is almost the case at this point. That and a pivotal game going down historically (and it will) as the refs handing it over to the other team.

Ottawa is STILL nothing great. We can still win. I remember 2004 and 2010. Win game 5 and I think more people will be back on board.

Old
05-08-2013, 01:55 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
What I see is a management team that's almost too large to fit into a suite, and still they can't figure out why the Habs meltdown regularly in the 3rd.
I see a rookie GM that came into a lockout season, made some changes in the summer mainly minor to slowly rebuild this team and also evaluate the talent he had under him.
We had only one week of training camp and no exhibition games. The deadline only came a few months into the season, 36 games in if I recall.
So that's what you're giving to this group? About 5 months before you start assuming they don't even understand what's going on?

Our team is headed in the right direction. Not everything was going to be perfect 5 months into a season, and they can't make much roster changes at this point of the year.

Old
05-08-2013, 01:57 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
Maxime Morin ‏@MaxMorinRDS 2h
Le superviseur vidéo est convoqué par Brendan Shanahan demain 13h. Audience téléphonique.
Rough translation:
Brendan will call the moron who was making the video call?
Too late, no?

Redirection or kicking motion...I thought it was a no-goal for sure.
If the skate is not moving then it's ok, right?
But this was clear...the skate changed direction and helped out the puck direction...clear as crystal... NO GOAL.

Old
05-08-2013, 02:00 AM
hfsk

Imho look at the stats karlesson presents a danger on the point that is giving your team fits the moment you take him out all you need to worry about is the below crease cycling they do.
series is far from over.....contrary to what you guys might think with all the doom and gloom here worst case scenario your GM gets the memo to bulk up in the offseason

as for the bruins, Although I think they will win I think our speed is starting to give them fits we just need experiance this year.

As for Jack edwards....I think its embarressing when TSN brings him on, he dosent look at anything logically, its pretty funny though he looks like a very logical guy but you cant fail to see his peanut size brain the moment he talks.

Old
The Right Price

So when did hockey become soccer? That Zibanejad goal was a distinct kicking motion if I ever saw one! Tim Peel can go **** himself!

And what the **** was Diaz doing on that last goal?

Hopefully Price is okay, he played well. This series is not over!

However, we need players to step the **** up. Pacioretty (0+0), for example.

Old
Masuli

It's not over I'm with you on that but it's going to be _very_ _very_ hard to bounce back from this since we've been in drivers seat on 3 out 4 games and still come up with nothing to show for

And yeah I really blame noone of the injuries and how could I (well Gryba for not hitting cleanly but intentionally f'ing Eller up). Bad luck and that's what so sad. With a healthy roster we would be even more dominating.

Wish the team gets a whole lot energy from this and bounce back even better Saturday. And if we don't there's always next year which is brighter than many before

Old
05-08-2013, 02:04 AM
KareyPrice

Wow I got into an argument with a Sens fan I know he goes "The first goal was not kicked in you can clearly see Zibanejad stopping, come on you play hockey yourself" ... Seriously.. What ****ing hockey player stops like that just a horse **** call and that gif makes it so clear that it was kicked in.

Old
05-08-2013, 02:06 AM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athlétique_Canadien View Post
NHL are idiots. I watch all playoff hockey. Not today. I didn't go watch the Vancouver-Sharks game & why should I watch the NHL bull. Shun the Habs or whatever other team you wish to, I'm not on TSN. The NHL marketing morons might be shocked to find out how many Habs fans watch other games. **** them
I used to watch the other games too. Then, the last couple of years, with the blatant bias, I only watch the Habs games and not even on cable. One less cable subscriber, less money for the NHL.

Old
05-08-2013, 02:06 AM
25get

You can also look at Zibanejad's face after the goal and when the call was made on the bench.
He knew the goal was not good.

Old
05-08-2013, 02:07 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:

I really like the Blues's chances...but the REFS really screwed them in the *** the other night (should be St-Louis 3-1 in the series...instead it's 2-2...refs really screwed up).

Old
05-08-2013, 02:10 AM
Masuli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
I really like the Blues's chances...but the REFS really screwed them in the *** the other night (should be St-Louis 3-1 in the series...instead it's 2-2...refs really screwed up).
Yep that's true but if it's not us for the cup I'm cheering for Blues all the way (before that Isles if they clear Pits )

They should rely on Halak to make miracles

Old
05-08-2013, 02:11 AM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
What I see is a management team that's almost too large to fit into a suite, and still they can't figure out why the Habs meltdown regularly in the 3rd.
Yeah, the "meltdown" was triggered by the refs.

No, no, sorry. It's the Habs fault because they should have scored 23 goals. Am I doing this right?

You will probably give me examples of Habs meltdown in the 3rd in other games. But it's completely irrelevant to THIS game.

Old
05-08-2013, 02:21 AM
Royal Canuck
M-V-P

vCash: 814
That Galchenyuk goal was awesome.

Too bad they couldn't hold on there.

Twitter |HFBoards Contact | Blog
PSN - TBennz
"You have to hate losing, more than you love winning. "
Old
05-08-2013, 02:21 AM
habtastic

Quote:
Imho look at the stats karlesson presents a danger on the point that is giving your team fits the moment you take him out all you need to worry about is the below crease cycling they do.
series is far from over.....contrary to what you guys might think with all the doom and gloom here worst case scenario your GM gets the memo to bulk up in the offseason

as for the bruins, Although I think they will win I think our speed is starting to give them fits we just need experiance this year.

As for Jack edwards....I think its embarressing when TSN brings him on, he dosent look at anything logically, its pretty funny though he looks like a very logical guy but you cant fail to see his peanut size brain the moment he talks.
I can't even imagine he has come close to being as agressive and moronic as he is with us, but welcome, oh welcome to the Jack Edwards show. I bet if you listen to the feed on NESN (if you have gamecenter or even some youtube clips from this series), your head will explode.

Nothing about him looks logical. Weirdest thing this year was his (after we beat them for the third time) admission that the Habs were better. I honestly suspect he has been kidnapped.

As for the offseason, I know CBC would have everyone believe that MB has purposefully iced a team that is not as...robust, but you have to understand he was coming into the year and getting rid of contracts (Gomez, Cole, eventually Kaberle) so that he CAN make his mark on this team. What you see right now is not his vision of the Habs, not yet. I also don't want to put too much of an emphasis on size, but the right balance and they have to be smart good hockey players. We already have some solid D men coming up. Bergevin will not be afraid to trade a player who doesn't live up to his contract so if Moen (who had a good game tonight IMO) doesn't change his ways - he's gone. DD will be on a short leash no matter what people say. He's a GM who wants to win, possibly more than PK.

Old
05-08-2013, 02:23 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Yep that's true but if it's not us for the cup I'm cheering for Blues all the way (before that Isles if they clear Pits )

They should rely on Halak to make miracles
I feel like feeling sorry for our Habs for those crappy calls + video rule...but Monday night I saw it happen to St-Louis...not as bad as our calls, but you can tell obvious the refs were trying to call anything against the Blues (Jackman's facial expression of disbelief on one call against him was pretty funny). 2-1...2-2...3-2 L.A.
That game belonged to StLouis but refs screwed it up.

Looked intentional (prolonging the series or...).

Let's hope we see our Habs on Saturday...but with refs in the way...I'll remain a bit skeptical.

Old
05-08-2013, 02:24 AM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Canuck View Post
That Galchenyuk goal was awesome.

Too bad they couldn't hold on there.
Would have been the GWG (although Subban's should have been). Was his first wrist shot snipe too. 99mph.

Just so you know, I completely agreed with Bieksa and the NHL (I think we'll both agree) is a joke league.

Old
05-08-2013, 02:31 AM
Nicko999

vCash: 50
I need a good night of sleep after what I saw tonight. Most depressing lost I've ever experienced for obvious reasons.

Ottawa can go **** themselves...

Old
05-08-2013, 02:49 AM
Athlétique_Canadien

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
is a joke league.
Really sad. I'll use a Leaf comparison to make my point. In 1993, there was anger over Gretzky's high stick not being called. Leaf fans remember that as an atrocity. Today it's becoming TOO common every regular season game & playoff game. OK, ok, I do exaggerate...but it certainly feels like it. It's slipping too far to be acceptable anymore & I AM fed up with this crap product

Old
05-08-2013, 03:18 AM
Xzotik*

Fc*kin rigged of a league. Clearly NHL wants Ottawa to win this game.

How in the world can they assigned a Ref from Ontario in this serie (Tim Peel)?

Why can't they assigned a ref from the US..

And when you google "Tim Peel" all you see is "Tim Peel is the worst ref"

And another instance you see "Montreal Canadiens VS Chris Lee & Tim Peel"

This mofo Tim Peel must be anti-canadiens or something. Shows you integrity of Nhl :'(

Don't wonder why Habs got only 1 powerplay and the rest all to Ottawa.. go figure.

Anyways here's the bio of that ugly mofo of Tim Peel

Birthday: 4/27/1966
Birthplace: Toronto, Ontario
League: NHL
NHLOA Member Since: 9/1/1995

Regular Season Games: 816
First Regular Season: 1999/2000
First Regular Season Game:
COLORADO @ OTTAWA - 10/21/1999

Playoff Games: 60
First Playoff Season: 2001/2002
First Playoff Game:
PHOENIX @ SAN JOSE - 4/17/2002

All Star Games Worked

Amateur Career Highlights

Worked team Canada vs Russia in New-Brunswick in 1990

Professional Career Highlights

My first NHL game in Ottawa on 10/21/1999 [COLvsOtt]. I worked with Van Mass, Pat Dappuzo and Kovey....The guys were great

Taken From: http://www.nhlofficials.com/previous...member_id=2071

NOW IS IT ME OR YOU CAN CLEARLY SEE ONTARIO AND OTTAWA IN HIS BIO..HMMMMMM SHADY AZZZZ MOFOCKERS!!

Last edited by Xzotik*: 05-08-2013 at 03:24 AM.
Closed Thread