HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs lose 3-2 to Sens

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-08-2013, 06:42 AM
  #926
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,409
vCash: 500
It's a joke that this guy won a Norris trophy

Paul MacLean on Karlsson's game "we like it when he plays for us. Sometimes tonight it felt like he was playing for both teams."

If there is a hit coming, he's in another area code.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
05-08-2013, 06:44 AM
  #927
BadHabit
Registered User
 
BadHabit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,583
vCash: 500
Definitely not a goal. If you watch at around 6 seconds of this video, it's CLEAR that he first is going to stop by pointing his skates in one direction, and then turns them at the last second to bank the puck in. And you cant make the argument that he was trying to not run over Price, he was barely moving at the time.



That's not even to mention the icings, the face off position, or the lack of penalties given to the Sens while the Habs were "falling" 30 feet from the puck and being interfered with so they couldn't chase the puck into the zone.

BadHabit is offline  
Old
05-08-2013, 06:44 AM
  #928
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!
 
ZARTONK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Armenia
Posts: 8,006
vCash: 50
Next game's GDT's theme should be: screw it...

ZARTONK is offline  
Old
05-08-2013, 06:44 AM
  #929
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,409
vCash: 500
Not to crap on Tinordi but this series he's had his struggles. On one of the Pageau goals he backed in and gave up too much room, on the soccer goal yesterday he should have been defending the front of the net against an incoming player(Zibanejad) instead of trying to halfheartedly block the pass.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
05-08-2013, 06:46 AM
  #930
onebighockeyfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadHabit View Post
Definitely not a goal. If you watch at around 6 seconds of this video, it's CLEAR that he first is going to stop by pointing his skates in one direction, and then turns them at the last second to bank the puck in. And you cant make the argument that he was trying to not run over Price, he was barely moving at the time.



That's not even to mention the icings, the face off position, or the lack of penalties given to the Sens while the Habs were "falling" 30 feet from the puck and being interfered with so they couldn't chase the puck into the zone.
Toronto was really quick in making their decision. I find this strange as it was certainly an important call to get right and there was so motion there. Almost like they did not want to have a good look at it.

onebighockeyfan is offline  
Old
05-08-2013, 06:50 AM
  #931
MJG
Registered User
 
MJG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,095
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
Not to crap on Tinordi but this series he's had his struggles. On one of the Pageau goals he backed in and gave up too much room, on the soccer goal yesterday he should have been defending the front of the net against an incoming player(Zibanejad) instead of trying to halfheartedly block the pass.
No doubt. Just remember he's 21 and he's player about 10 NHL games.

MJG is offline  
Old
05-08-2013, 07:03 AM
  #932
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
 
Boris Le Tigre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: More Toast !
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 5,389
vCash: 500
What a frustrating series...
Character-building either way (win or loose). I think our young guys are learning that the play-offs require the most diligent 60 minutes possible, extreme discipline and even then nothing is guaranteed.

Boris Le Tigre is offline  
Old
05-08-2013, 07:05 AM
  #933
hockeyfan2k11
Registered User
 
hockeyfan2k11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 9,128
vCash: 500
If that is not a kicking motion, I don't know what is. His skate actually comes off the ice and is angled towards the net. ****ing farce.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline  
Old
05-08-2013, 07:06 AM
  #934
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,409
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJG View Post
No doubt. Just remember he's 21 and he's player about 10 NHL games.
Not trying to crap on him, just saying he isn't ready for that level of play. At this point, Drewiske probably gives us a better chance to win. More reliable and more experienced.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
05-08-2013, 07:10 AM
  #935
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,409
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris Le Tigre View Post
What a frustrating series...
Character-building either way (win or loose). I think our young guys are learning that the play-offs require the most diligent 60 minutes possible, extreme discipline and even then nothing is guaranteed.
Yeah, hopefully this season and "challenging" playoffs become a springboard for future success.

The Habs are clearly the better team but a few details, some under their control, some not in their control have done them in.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
05-08-2013, 07:10 AM
  #936
Al14
Registered User
 
Al14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Nepean
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,598
vCash: 500
What the hell... you can see the kicking action quite clearly! How does the Refs on the ice miss this? How does the war room in Toronto not see the ankle kick motion too? Robbed, just plain robbed!!!

Al14 is online now  
Old
05-08-2013, 07:12 AM
  #937
hockeyfan2k11
Registered User
 
hockeyfan2k11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 9,128
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by monctonscout View Post
not trying to crap on him, just saying he isn't ready for that level of play. At this point, drewiske probably gives us a better chance to win. More reliable and more experienced.
no
no

hockeyfan2k11 is offline  
Old
05-08-2013, 07:13 AM
  #938
hockeyfan2k11
Registered User
 
hockeyfan2k11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 9,128
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
Yeah, hopefully this season and "challenging" playoffs become a springboard for future success.

The Habs are clearly the better team but a few details, some under their control, some not in their control have done them in.
I'm not so sure about that.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline  
Old
05-08-2013, 07:14 AM
  #939
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,302
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by 76ftw View Post
I was actually so sure they were going to wave it off. He ****ing moves his leg forward and follows through
I thought in the morning that I could see it's not kicked in. Seems even more blatant today. Ouat da phoque

WeThreeKings is offline  
Old
05-08-2013, 07:20 AM
  #940
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!
 
Le Tricolore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 27,492
vCash: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by 76ftw View Post
I was actually so sure they were going to wave it off. He ****ing moves his leg forward and follows through
Same. I kept saying "ok, good. still up 2. no goal. he kicked it"

and then they ****ing allow it. unbelievable, man. I'm even more pissed off today than I was last night.

Le Tricolore is offline  
Old
05-08-2013, 07:20 AM
  #941
dutchy29
Registered User
 
dutchy29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: SIRISAACBROCKVILLE
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,631
vCash: 500
didnt' see the game (thank god) watched the highlights, and no brainer the first goal should not have counted, Pathetic the habs were hemmed in their own zone for the last minute giving the other team a chance to score (memories of last season) At the end of the day we only scored two goals and Price never came thru and stole that one game we needed from him.
Saying all that its not over, being the better team all year, we should still be able to beat these guys 3 in row. I wouldn't bet on it obviously but outside chance yeah?

dutchy29 is offline  
Old
05-08-2013, 07:22 AM
  #942
Superstar Tom Pyatt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 70
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLentourage View Post
Fc*kin rigged of a league. Clearly NHL wants Ottawa to win this game.

How in the world can they assigned a Ref from Ontario in this serie (Tim Peel)?

Why can't they assigned a ref from the US..

And when you google "Tim Peel" all you see is "Tim Peel is the worst ref"

And another instance you see "Montreal Canadiens VS Chris Lee & Tim Peel"

This mofo Tim Peel must be anti-canadiens or something. Shows you integrity of Nhl :'(

Don't wonder why Habs got only 1 powerplay and the rest all to Ottawa.. go figure.

Anyways here's the bio of that ugly mofo of Tim Peel

Birthday: 4/27/1966
Birthplace: Toronto, Ontario
League: NHL
NHLOA Member Since: 9/1/1995

Regular Season Games: 816
First Regular Season: 1999/2000
First Regular Season Game:
COLORADO @ OTTAWA - 10/21/1999

Playoff Games: 60
First Playoff Season: 2001/2002
First Playoff Game:
PHOENIX @ SAN JOSE - 4/17/2002


All Star Games Worked


Amateur Career Highlights

Worked team Canada vs Russia in New-Brunswick in 1990

Professional Career Highlights

My first NHL game in Ottawa on 10/21/1999 [COLvsOtt]. I worked with Van Mass, Pat Dappuzo and Kovey....The guys were great


Taken From: http://www.nhlofficials.com/previous...member_id=2071

NOW IS IT ME OR YOU CAN CLEARLY SEE ONTARIO AND OTTAWA IN HIS BIO..HMMMMMM SHADY AZZZZ MOFOCKERS!!
Shut up, please. You're embarrassing yourself.

Superstar Tom Pyatt is offline  
Old
05-08-2013, 07:22 AM
  #943
Doc McKenna
Registered User
 
Doc McKenna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 604
vCash: 500
Really wish I hadn't seen the vid made before the Gif, because he is barely moving. It makes it even more of a kicking motion. I guess when you aren't even gliding you need your foot to move forward and turn the heel inward to stop? What hockey school teaches this?

Doc McKenna is offline  
Old
05-08-2013, 07:24 AM
  #944
jpchabby
Registered User
 
jpchabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,212
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
Same. I kept saying "ok, good. still up 2. no goal. he kicked it"

and then they ****ing allow it. unbelievable, man. I'm even more pissed off today than I was last night.
When I saw the replay, before I saw the refs were gonna reevaluate it, I was sure they were gonna refuse it since it was so blatant.

Guess the refs in this league are always gonna surprise me...

jpchabby is offline  
Old
05-08-2013, 07:26 AM
  #945
SOLR
Registered User
 
SOLR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Toronto / North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,704
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
If that is not a kicking motion, I don't know what is. His skate actually comes off the ice and is angled towards the net. ****ing farce.
That was probably the problematic in this decision. You CAN direct the puck, but you can't kick it. The officials on the ice said good goal, so they had to, without a doubt, identify a kicking motion. I feel there is one, but I can see how they could think it was breaking + changing the direction of the skate.

SOLR is offline  
Old
05-08-2013, 07:28 AM
  #946
TUCKER 06
Registered User
 
TUCKER 06's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 177
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
Same. I kept saying "ok, good. still up 2. no goal. he kicked it"

and then they ****ing allow it. unbelievable, man. I'm even more pissed off today than I was last night.
We all cheered when we saw the replay. We were 100% certain it'd be waived off.
The replay showing Bergevin's (and the rest of the head office) reaction to the call says it all - jaws dropped, anger, frustration.

TUCKER 06 is offline  
Old
05-08-2013, 07:32 AM
  #947
hockeyfan2k11
Registered User
 
hockeyfan2k11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 9,128
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLR View Post
That was probably the problematic in this decision. You CAN direct the puck, but you can't kick it. The officials on the ice said good goal, so they had to, without a doubt, identify a kicking motion. I feel there is one, but I can see how they could think it was breaking + changing the direction of the skate.
Yea but lifting your foot and then pushing it forward is a kickign motion. In that kind of game, how do you make that call so quickly? Terrible.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline  
Old
05-08-2013, 07:33 AM
  #948
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!
 
Le Tricolore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 27,492
vCash: 137

Le Tricolore is offline  
Old
05-08-2013, 07:33 AM
  #949
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,302
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
Yea but lifting your foot and then pushing it forward is a kickign motion. In that kind of game, how do you make that call so quickly? Terrible.
They literally looked at it maybe twice and deemed good goal. ****ing stupid.

"Gotta make this call to keep the momentum in the building for Ottawa."

WeThreeKings is offline  
Old
05-08-2013, 07:33 AM
  #950
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!
 
Le Tricolore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 27,492
vCash: 137
I'm not sure if I want to cry or throw up... ****

Le Tricolore is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:08 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.