HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

NHL.com's Rangers Preview

Old
09-23-2006, 11:23 AM
WheresBarnaby

vCash: 500
NHL.com's Rangers Preview

http://www.nhl.com/features/preview/...r_preview.html

Nice to finally get some respect in NY again. I don't think there's one negative thing said about this years team.

"It's different playing in MSG. On the Island, The fans are great and excited about hockey, but being a Ranger and winning, that's a completely different feeling. Hopefully, we can do it again this year, because last year was enjoyable. It's too bad we got hurt and a lot of guys were injured in playoffs. This year, we have higher standards -- not only to make the playoffs, but to try to win something."

-Kasper

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2006, 11:42 AM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Thanks for the link....

Quote:
"I've been dreaming about playing in this League and for this organization for such a long time. I'm having so much fun, and so far it's been a great year. ... I love to play, especially at home. You get a lot of energy just being out there." - Lundqvist

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2006, 11:49 AM
Plato
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 200
good stuff

Plato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2006, 11:51 AM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Wow this article was really well done....

Quote:
The Rangers will not struggle for goals this season; that is all but guaranteed. In Jagr and Shanahan, they have a one-two punch that might be the best in the League. Plus, the team has a host of complementary players ideally suited to bring out the best in these two superstars. Nylander and Starka already have a body of work as the foot soldiers on Jagr's line. Cullen is the type of quick-thinking, industrious center who will serve passes to Shanahan for the best scoring opportunities and Prucha has the ability with his own goal-scoring exploits to draw some attention away from Shanahan. In fact, the Rangers will be even more dangerous than last season because their offensive firepower is no longer confined to two lines. Not only do they have Hall, who is starting to develop his reputation as an offensive contributor, but the Rangers also have a stable of offensively adept youngsters who have already cut their teeth at the minor-league level and have been deemed ready to step into the parent club's lineup at a moment's notice.

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2006, 12:19 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Very good article, but I kind of liked being that suprise team that came out of the gate and suprised the hockey world. Oh well I guess we'll have no such luck this season, but I think we will hold our own and get into the playoffs again. And who knows we may win a playoff game I keed I keed

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2006, 12:25 PM
DontStaal

its a nice article... makes me want it to be the 5th already!!!

but, Rachunek, X-factor ??? i dunno. lets hope so

DontStaal is offline   Reply With Quote