HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Notices

LA Angels of Anaheim Baseball Discussion (continued)

Old
05-08-2013, 11:29 AM
Theridion

vCash: 500
I don't care about this team.

Overpaid and not performing.

I said it before. Should I be watching them and cheering for them to... perform? Cheer for them to perform to the level they are being paid for? Cheer for guys earning 30 mil a year to try to play better than... Houston? That's pretty lame.

Angels strike me as what would happen if you gave a casual fan control of a major league team and a check book.

Its not good baseball. No balance in running... the pieces don't make a lineup. There are warm bodies filling the rotation...

Its all fixeable. But its going to be painful in trades to try to pry away pitchers from other squads at this point. This team is just broken and there's really huge changes needed in order to fix them.

Better off calling this year a learning experience and retool next Summer.

Theridion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 04:27 PM
kducks
Duck Off

vCash: 828
Wow...why can't this happen in hockey??!

Quote:
Umpire Fieldin Culbreth, the crew chief whose group misapplied the rules in Thursday night's Angels-Houston Astros game, has been suspended for two games and fined, Major League Baseball announced.

The other three umpires -- Brian O'Nora, Bill Welke and Adrian Johnson -- were fined.

"The rule covering pitching changes was not applied correctly by the umpiring crew," MLB spokeman Pat Courtney said in an earlier statement. "The matter is being reviewed."

The discipline, which MLB rarely levies against its umpires, stemmed from an incident in the seventh inning of Thursday's game. Astros manager Bo Porter removed a pitcher who hadn't faced a batter, a clear violation of rule 5.03(b):

“If the pitcher is replaced, the substitute pitcher shall pitch to the batter then at bat, or any substitute batter, until such batter is put out or reaches first base, or until the offensive team is put out, unless the substitute pitcher sustains injury or illness which, in the umpire-in-chief’s judgment, incapacitates him for further play as a pitcher.”

Manager Mike Scioscia argued and protested the game, but the protest was dropped automatically since the Angels won the game.
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/g...stros-mlb.html

kducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 06:12 PM
gradeAducksfan

I think most of us don't care about this these days. I feel that the season is already over.

gradeAducksfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 07:00 PM
DarthYenik

Just played MLB 2k13 for the first time. CJ Wilson pitched 6 innings with 3 ER and 13 Ks. And the offense got 1 hit. Just like the real thing.

DarthYenik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 07:37 PM
gradeAducksfan

^

Old
05-11-2013, 02:15 PM
Hockey Duckie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theridion View Post
I don't care about this team.

Overpaid and not performing.

I said it before. Should I be watching them and cheering for them to... perform? Cheer for them to perform to the level they are being paid for? Cheer for guys earning 30 mil a year to try to play better than... Houston? That's pretty lame.

Angels strike me as what would happen if you gave a casual fan control of a major league team and a check book.

Its not good baseball. No balance in running... the pieces don't make a lineup. There are warm bodies filling the rotation...

Its all fixeable. But its going to be painful in trades to try to pry away pitchers from other squads at this point. This team is just broken and there's really huge changes needed in order to fix them.

Better off calling this year a learning experience and retool next Summer.
Maybe it's the coaching. It's not like we have had our share of a coach who's team seems to always struggle out of the gate after winning a championship. Whoops!

Mike Trout is no longer the leadoff hitter like he was last year. That's coaching who designates that. It's also coaching on who to put into the game from the bullpen and how long. Look at Joe Maddon from the Rays. He has no control over what players he gets to utilize, but still manages to make them competitive. BTW, Maddon used to be on that Angels championship bench as an assistant coach. Just sayin'.

Hockey Duckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 02:15 PM
Hockey Duckie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthYenik View Post
Just played MLB 2k13 for the first time. CJ Wilson pitched 6 innings with 3 ER and 13 Ks. And the offense got 1 hit. Just like the real thing.
ha ha ha ha!!!

Old
05-13-2013, 05:14 PM
Montanaheim
Go Ducks

Vernon Wells is playing like an All Star and Hamilton and Pujols look like chumps. We got 1 hit last night. What the hell is going on? Something is very wrong here.

This team looks like a bunch of losers. Play like you actually deserve your inflated contracts FFS.

Montanaheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 10:54 PM
Sirquacksalot
Raging Boner

Sirquacksalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 11:31 PM
The Korean*

Send a message via AIM to The Korean* Send a message via Yahoo to The Korean*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanaheim View Post
Vernon Wells is playing like an All Star and Hamilton and Pujols look like chumps. We got 1 hit last night. What the hell is going on? Something is very wrong here.

This team looks like a bunch of losers. Play like you actually deserve your inflated contracts FFS.
Yankees will mercifully trade you Vernon Wells for Josh Hamilton + whatever Yankees will have to pay at the the final 3 or 4 years of his contract.

The Korean* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 11:36 PM
AngelDuck

I can no longer watch this team until they fire Dipoto, Scioscia, and Butcher. **** this ********. **** you Arte

AngelDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 12:22 AM
Montanaheim
Go Ducks

Quote:
Originally Posted by krnboy1009 View Post
Yankees will mercifully trade you Vernon Wells for Josh Hamilton + whatever Yankees will have to pay at the the final 3 or 4 years of his contract.

I'm having trouble comprehending Vernon's numbers thus far. It was just he was so bad here. Its like he's playing the way numnuts Reagins envisioned when he traded for him.

He was pathetic in Anaheim. Swung at some **** I don't think even a blind kid playing teeball would've swung at. When he finally did make contact he was the king of solo home runs that didn't matter.

Good on him I guess for turning it around, perhaps he can keep it up and shy away from his rep as an overpaid wash up.

Oh, and the Halos are getting beat down by the Royals as I type this. Jeez.

Old
05-14-2013, 11:41 AM
Hockey Duckie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDuck View Post
I can no longer watch this team until they fire Dipoto, Scioscia, and Butcher. **** this ********. **** you Arte
Quote:
I'm having trouble comprehending Vernon's numbers thus far. It was just he was so bad here. Its like he's playing the way numnuts Reagins envisioned when he traded for him.

He was pathetic in Anaheim. Swung at some **** I don't think even a blind kid playing teeball would've swung at. When he finally did make contact he was the king of solo home runs that didn't matter.

Good on him I guess for turning it around, perhaps he can keep it up and shy away from his rep as an overpaid wash up.

Oh, and the Halos are getting beat down by the Royals as I type this. Jeez.
Ummm... I fail to see why Dipoto and Butcher carry a lot of the blame. Butcher deserves some blame, but not if he's overridden by Sosh. Napoli did well when he was traded away. Now you see Wells. Torii has had a fast start with Detroit. We fired hitting coach Hatcher last season, but we still are slow to the punch in April and are still struggling.

There is one factor in all these things: Sosh.

Recall Sunday's game against the Sox. The Angels were keeping even with Sox' Sale pitching a gem with Wilson also pitching a shut out. Then, I think it was the bottom of the seventh, where Wilson started to struggle. He struggled and allowed two men on with two outs (?) and threw a passed ball that moved the base runners up one base. I think they already had someone warming up (maybe Kohn). I had to be on the road at the time (was watching it) and listening to the commentators, I had to agree with them that Wilson was struggling and thought he would be replaced asap. Instead, he was left on the mound! WTF?! Really? That gamble lost, apparently. But what seems so apparent to remove Wilson to a normal fan and the official Angels broadcasters, happens to be amiss with who's running the team.

There, in a nutshell, is what hinders this team.

Old
05-14-2013, 02:27 PM
Montanaheim
Go Ducks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Duckie View Post
Ummm... I fail to see why Dipoto and Butcher carry a lot of the blame. Butcher deserves some blame, but not if he's overridden by Sosh. Napoli did well when he was traded away. Now you see Wells. Torii has had a fast start with Detroit. We fired hitting coach Hatcher last season, but we still are slow to the punch in April and are still struggling.

There is one factor in all these things: Sosh.

Recall Sunday's game against the Sox. The Angels were keeping even with Sox' Sale pitching a gem with Wilson also pitching a shut out. Then, I think it was the bottom of the seventh, where Wilson started to struggle. He struggled and allowed two men on with two outs (?) and threw a passed ball that moved the base runners up one base. I think they already had someone warming up (maybe Kohn). I had to be on the road at the time (was watching it) and listening to the commentators, I had to agree with them that Wilson was struggling and thought he would be replaced asap. Instead, he was left on the mound! WTF?! Really? That gamble lost, apparently. But what seems so apparent to remove Wilson to a normal fan and the official Angels broadcasters, happens to be amiss with who's running the team.

There, in a nutshell, is what hinders this team.
Well, Napoli has always had good power. And Torii was good here (he hit .313 last year!) and had real reason to train harder than ever this winter and prove himself after getting jilted by Moreno. So I don't necessarily agree with those two examples. Back to Napoli, he (so far) had a career year right after leaving the Halos, his average jumped like crazy and then fell down to earth the season after. He's not a .300 hitter, Sosh or no Sosh.

But its a plausible theory that guys are tuning out Sosh. I mean, just look at this team at times last year and so far through this one. The apathy is aplenty.

Old
05-14-2013, 05:21 PM
Fighter
Legend

Hunter offensively was never a dinamo for us, this year he's playing on another level.

And Wells... **** him, I can't comprehend how a dead body like him could revive with another team. He was simply god awful, a waste of a roster spot. Watching batting almost .300 while he was .100 for us is unbelievable.

Hamiton is looking exactly like Wells last year. By now he had 20 homers last year, WTF!

Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2013, 12:50 AM
Hockey Duckie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter View Post
Hunter offensively was never a dinamo for us, this year he's playing on another level.

And Wells... **** him, I can't comprehend how a dead body like him could revive with another team. He was simply god awful, a waste of a roster spot. Watching batting almost .300 while he was .100 for us is unbelievable.

Hamiton is looking exactly like Wells last year. By now he had 20 homers last year, WTF!
ha ha ha

So what's the common factor here? (I'm being rhetorical.)

Old
05-15-2013, 05:22 AM
Finnpin

Quote:

In the previous closed thread I said he might get a bounce back year after the trade and so it looks... though he would have sucked in Halos uniform for sure if stayed

I don't know much but it looks like Angels should fire all the coaching staff...hitting, pitching, hell even the "waterboys"

And this Blanton guy....Oh better not say nothing.

Finnpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 01:44 AM
DarthYenik

Get it?

Old
05-22-2013, 04:52 AM
Replica
GKG

I see what you did there.

Replica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 08:57 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Quote:

Get it?
a really ugly bike?

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 01:49 PM
gradeAducksfan

Angels are still 18-27

Mike Trout is great but lets still remember the Angels record.

11 games back?

4th year in a row they will miss the playoffs.

Old
05-22-2013, 02:46 PM
DarthYenik

Quote:
Originally Posted by gradeAducksfan View Post
Angels are still 18-27

Mike Trout is great but lets still remember the Angels record.

11 games back?

4th year in a row they will miss the playoffs.
So we're not allowed to be happy about anything, unless the Angels are decisively making the playoffs?

There's still a few months of baseball to go, and they're starting to win more games, and score more and more runs. But at the very least, we can enjoy the show that Trout gave us last night. I felt the same way last year as well.

Old
05-22-2013, 04:37 PM
AngelDuck

Trout is the only good thing about this team. The rest of them are worthless losers

AngelDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 05:10 PM
gradeAducksfan

Quote:
So we're not allowed to be happy about anything, unless the Angels are decisively making the playoffs?

There's still a few months of baseball to go, and they're starting to win more games, and score more and more runs. But at the very least, we can enjoy the show that Trout gave us last night. I felt the same way last year as well.
Be happy, that's great!

All day hearing about Trout that, Trout this, etc....

Happy for Trout and glad he is on this team.

Still we sit at the bottom of the league and I don't see it changing. Now I heard a report that the Angels were looking at Cliff Lee. NO NO NO Not another old player. Angels are done this year even w/ a lot of games left.

Once again, a slow start puts the Angels in a bad spot. Great game last night tho.

Last edited by gradeAducksfan: 05-22-2013 at 05:15 PM.
Old
05-23-2013, 07:41 AM
Finnpin

Quote:

Get it?

Finnpin is offline   Reply With Quote