HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

David Desharnais Discussion Part II: The 'Stay on your Feet' Edition

Old
05-07-2013, 09:27 PM
Et le But

vCash: 500
He had a good game. Should never take faceoffs in the defensive zone but scapgoating any of the Habs players (except maybe Diaz) right now is ridiculous.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2013, 09:34 PM
yianik

Yeah DD had a good game, he was involved and making plays.

yianik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2013, 09:35 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Nice spin pass at one point. He was better for sure but damn, thought we had this.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2013, 10:05 PM
WakeUpNHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
He had a good game. Should never take faceoffs in the defensive zone but scapgoating any of the Habs players (except maybe Diaz) right now is ridiculous.
DD no points,-1 with 1 shot on goal.
Yeah he played better... today he was at ECHL level.
I guess we should be happy with that.

WakeUpNHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2013, 10:06 PM
Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeUpNHL View Post
lol wow. words can't even ... just wow.

Natey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 08:01 AM
Milhouse40

AS far as i'm concern:

Desharnais started the year as our 1st line center
Quickly lost that spot to Plekanec, who was better offensively and overall.

And after 4 games of this sseries...without having anybody out there to steal his job, he just lost 2nd line center. No even good enough to have this role.

I hope next year we do the right thing down the middle.
Plekanec-Eller-Galchenyuk and i really don't care what they do with DD.

First line gave us some goals in this searis.
Same thing for the 3rd line and even the fourth line.

DD and Pacioretty: Nothing, not one sinlge goal.

I've said it before: The day Desharnais stop producing, he become useless. That's one dimensional player we don't need going further,

He played better last night......but still didn't do his one and only job which is producing offensively

Milhouse40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 08:03 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebinne4pres View Post
AS far as i'm concern:

Desharnais started the year as our 1st line center
Quickly lost that spot to Plekanec, who was better offensively and overall.

And after 4 games of this sseries...without having anybody out there to steal his job, he just lost 2nd line center. No even good enough to have this role.

I hope next year we do the right thing down the middle.
Plekanec-Eller-Galchenyuk and i really don't care what they do with DD.

First line gave us some goals in this searis.
Same thing for the 3rd line and even the fourth line.

DD and Pacioretty: Nothing, not one sinlge goal.

I've said it before: The day Desharnais stop producing, he become useless. That's one dimensional player we don't need going further,

He played better last night......but still didn't do his one and only job which is producing offensively

And the new contract DD just got what do we do with that? I'm sure teams are lining up to acquire that big strong center signed for 4 more years

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 08:35 AM
SirClintonPortis
ProudCapitalsTraitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
And the new contract DD just got what do we do with that? I'm sure teams are lining up to acquire that big strong center signed for 4 more years
I heard Nashville needs a playmaking center of sorts. Any playmaker.

SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 08:40 AM
HCH

I swear that there are posters on this board that would trade anyone after a stretch of 10 bad games... it would be interesting team to follow because the lineup would be constantly changing.

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 08:59 AM
JLP
Refugee

Quote:
With 111 pts in 178 games DD is a very good 26 year-old playmaking centre with a decent contract don't you think the Habs will be able to trade him if they want to?

JLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 09:18 AM
SirClintonPortis
ProudCapitalsTraitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
I swear that there are posters on this board that would trade anyone after a stretch of 10 bad games... it would be interesting team to follow because the lineup would be constantly changing.
Well, even in his great year, Desharnais was Jekyll/Hyde when you split his stats up between home and away. Having the last change allowed Cunneyworthless to play Desharnais in favorable situations and against preferred competition.

SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 09:38 AM
Milhouse40

Quote:
I think he can be good with a big team. Habs aren't and won't be a big team with players like Kristo, Collberg, Dumont, Hudon down the pipe.

I'm sure not many teams wants to take a chance with the smallest center of the NHL, but still....many teams are lokking for center.

What i'm most concern is the return......we need a good enough return so the french mob won't cry about it for the next 5 years. And that's probably impossible.

Milhouse40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 09:41 AM
Andy

It will be hard for the habs to win if Desharnais' responsibilities exceeds anything more than a depth scoring role, unfortunately.

He looked great last year, but the team finished last in the east. This season he started slow, had a good stretch and then went back into the shadows. I still think there is a role for him on the team, he has great offensive instincts, but he cannot be leaned on as an offensive catalyst by himself. He needs to play a secondary of tertiary scoring role in order for the team to succeed imo.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 09:42 AM
WeThreeKings
Retired.

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
With 111 pts in 178 games DD is a very good 26 year-old playmaking centre with a decent contract don't you think the Habs will be able to trade him if they want to?
Not for any play-off team because he's useless when the games are physical.. and when they're not.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 10:13 AM
Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Not for any play-off team because he's useless when the games are physical.. and when they're not.
If Gallagher or Pacioretty finished their chances that DD set up, we'd still be on page 6 of the GDT because we'd have iced it long before the kicked in goal.

That's not to lay blame to Patches or Gallagher either though. Both played extremely good games.

Old
05-08-2013, 10:34 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
Kyle Wellwood had 109 points in 189 games as a 25 year old over-hyped undersized playmaker making under 1M.

This is what the Leafs got for him:
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=2415...topRelated_nhl

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 11:08 AM
Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Kyle Wellwood had 109 points in 189 games as a 25 year old over-hyped undersized playmaker making under 1M.

This is what the Leafs got for him:
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=2415...topRelated_nhl
Kyle Wellwood's talent's never been overhyped. If he actually cared about hockey, he'd have been an All-Star year in and year out. He basically plays because he can get by with minimal effort and still stay in the NHL making great money.

Wellwood was on a 29 point pace when they waived him.

He also broke his foot outside of hockey, which partly lead to being waived.

Old
05-08-2013, 11:08 AM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkguy View Post
Kyle Wellwood's talent's never been overhyped. If he actually cared about hockey, he'd have been an All-Star year in and year out. He basically plays because he can get by with minimal effort and still stay in the NHL making great money.

Wellwood was on a 29 point pace when they waived him.
I like Desharnais, but let's be honest, teams will not be lining up for a 5'6 playmaking centre who has been extremely inconsistent this year (I'm being kind), who needs sheltered minutes and still had a lot to prove imo. He produced great last year when the team finished last and played a backround role on a team that finished second place. When asked to step up in the loss of Eller, Desharnais has been MIA and is being surpassed by a 19 year old rookie.

Points notewithstanding, I just don't see teams lining up for this type of player. We think Bourque is immovable at 3.3 million...and players with his size are sought...why would teams be salivating at the mouth for a 3.5 million undersized centre? I don't see it and I'd be extremely shocked if someone takes him without the Canadiens packaging something with him or getting salary back.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 11:12 AM
Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
I like Desharnais, but let's be honest, teams will not be lining up for a 5'6 playmaking centre who has been extremely inconsistent this year (I'm being kind), who needs sheltered minutes and still had a lot to prove imo. He produced great last year when the team finished last and played a backround role on a team that finished second place. When asked to step up in the loss of Eller, Desharnais has been MIA and is being surpassed by a 19 year old rookie.

Points notewithstanding, I just don't see teams lining up for this type of player. We think Bourque is immovable at 3.3 million...and players with his size are sought...why would teams be salivating at the mouth for a 3.5 million undersized centre? I don't see it and I'd be extremely shocked if someone takes him without the Canadiens packaging something with him or getting salary back.
Nowhere in that post did I say they would be.

There are teams that would take Desharnais, no question, if we were moving him. You're not going to get the same kind of return you would if he was 6 feet, 200 pounds - but then we probably wouldn't even be talking about moving him. But there are teams that have 1st line centers who can't even produce as much as Desharnais.

He gets a second chance, no question. We've given a lot of second chances, let's see if he can bounce back. All we need him to do is score 45-50 points with 3rd line minutes behind two incredible two-way centers in Eller & Plekanec. If he can do that, that's pretty solid production for his salary.

Either way, he's there's no way he should play above Eller/Plekanec next year. If he does, then I'll be on board with moving him because it'll be clear that Therrien doesn't know what he's doing.

People are ridiculous about Bourque. If we tried to trade Bourque, I'm pretty sure there would be line-up waiting to take him. As long as he goes to a contender, he's going to play good hockey. He seems to be one of those guys who is motivated by team success.

Old
05-08-2013, 11:52 AM
Cyclones Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
On the 2013 team, of the 20 players who played more than 20 games who would have traded (or bought out or waived) had many of the posters on this board had their way based on having a slump THIS season are: Gionta, DD, Pacioretty, Ryder, White, Price, Gorges, Markov, Emelin, Diaz, Bouillon, Moen, Armstrong.

Their team would consist of Bourque, Prust, Subban, Plekanec, Eller, Gallagher, and Galchenyuk.

Eller went through a 20 game stretch where he had two goals, Plekanec a stretch where he had 1 goal in 18 games, but they get passes from most on this board for poor play.

Give Bourque a full 80 game season and he'd have to go, I'm sure.

So, of those who played 20 games and didn't objectively "slump" for a 10 game stretch, your 2013 playoff Habs would consist of Subban, Prust, Bourque and the Galleys Which one would play "d" with Subban?

Cyclones Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 11:59 AM
onemorecup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeUpNHL View Post
agreed what are we defending him for

ist line minutes and first wave of pp time , and he has done nothing in the playoffs

what more is to say folks , when does this experiment end

onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 12:05 PM
onemorecup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prallchengher View Post
I heard Nashville needs a playmaking center of sorts. Any playmaker.
bingo and Calgary as well

there is a hoe for him the question is this

do they have the guts to pull the trigger right now and admit they fked up and get little or nothing back? do they have the guts to pull it off and listen to the media blast them for dumping a local ?

onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 12:08 PM
Ginu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclones Rock View Post
On the 2013 team, of the 20 players who played more than 20 games who would have traded (or bought out or waived) had many of the posters on this board had their way based on having a slump THIS season are: Gionta, DD, Pacioretty, Ryder, White, Price, Gorges, Markov, Emelin, Diaz, Bouillon, Moen, Armstrong.

Their team would consist of Bourque, Prust, Subban, Plekanec, Eller, Gallagher, and Galchenyuk.

Eller went through a 20 game stretch where he had two goals, Plekanec a stretch where he had 1 goal in 18 games, but they get passes from most on this board for poor play.

Give Bourque a full 80 game season and he'd have to go, I'm sure.

So, of those who played 20 games and didn't objectively "slump" for a 10 game stretch, your 2013 playoff Habs would consist of Subban, Prust, Bourque and the Galleys Which one would play "d" with Subban?
Use backward arguments all you want. The simple fact is that, of the players you mentioned, only Desharnais' game is one-dimensional. All of those players bring intangibles and have multiple facets to their games. Desharnais if not getting assists does not contribute anything else to the game. I can't understand why people don't see that. What games are you watching?

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 12:50 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 1093
Quote:
Originally Posted by onemorecup View Post
bingo and Calgary as well

there is a hoe for him the question is this

do they have the guts to pull the trigger right now and admit they fked up and get little or nothing back? do they have the guts to pull it off and listen to the media blast them for dumping a local ?
I think they're more likely to put him on the wing before dumping him, especially this off season.

After next year, all bets are off.

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 05:03 PM
Smokey Thompson

Just throwing this out there... DD to Phoenix for Mikkel Boedker

Smokey Thompson is online now   Reply With Quote