HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 Rangers Prospects Thread (Player Stats in Post #1; Updated 5/9) *Part III*

Closed Thread

Old
05-07-2013, 11:47 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
And he's a Center, a true Center. We MUST be dreaming
And he can actually win faceoffs!

Old
05-07-2013, 11:47 AM
LittleKev6D9
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Any chance Richards gets bought out and we see Stepan, Brassard, and Lindberg as our centers next year? Not sacrificing much offensively and improving defensively (if Lindberg plays up to potential).
I think we will see one more year of Richards, almost as a stop gap for Lindberg, then Richards gets bought out in summer 2014. Also costs the Rangers less to pay 2/3rds of his salary if they wait one more year.

Old
05-07-2013, 12:09 PM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

I won't assume Lindberg will be ready to take Richard's spot next season. Getting used to the NA sized rink and Having him learn the tricks of the trade from Richards for a season is a good thing.

Old
05-07-2013, 12:11 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyguy View Post
LIndberg is playing very well for a kid his age and will likely have a solid NHL career, but i don't think he is ready to start the season in NHL. Most swedes that have come over recently have needed some time in the AHL and so will probably Linberg too, he will have to get used to the smaller ice surface and all that stuff. Give him a call-up around new year or if there are any injuries and see how he does.
Normally I'm inclined to agree with you. Watching Lindberg, though, I really think he'll adapt very quickly to the North American game. He'll be given every opportunity to make the club out of camp in the fall, and I think we'll see him seize the opportunity. If he starts in the AHL, I think he's up after no more than 15 games.

He can win draws, play in all situations, and does enough of the little things right to win a spot on any size sheet of ice. Whether he's able to make an impact offensively from the get-go is a different story. I'm optimistic about his chances.

If there's one prospect I've undersold, it's gotta be Lindberg. At least it looks like he's on track to prove me very, very wrong. To Girardi-esque degrees.

It's just pain.
Old
05-07-2013, 12:15 PM
NYR Viper

The main difference between Lindberg and other prospects like Fasth, Kreider, Miller, Thomas is that he has been playing against grown men for 3 years AND he is already VERY good on the defensive side of the puck.

I would be surprised if he doesn't start the year in the NHL. Fasth on the other hand, AHL IMO. Kreider is most likely to be the other young forward up.

Old
05-07-2013, 12:29 PM
3rd Guy High

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Normally I'm inclined to agree with you. Watching Lindberg, though, I really think he'll adapt very quickly to the North American game. He'll be given every opportunity to make the club out of camp in the fall, and I think we'll see him seize the opportunity. If he starts in the AHL, I think he's up after no more than 15 games.

He can win draws, play in all situations, and does enough of the little things right to win a spot on any size sheet of ice. Whether he's able to make an impact offensively from the get-go is a different story. I'm optimistic about his chances.

If there's one prospect I've undersold, it's gotta be Lindberg. At least it looks like he's on track to prove me very, very wrong. To Girardi-esque degrees.
Sounds a lot like another center we have that goes by the name of Derek Stepan.

As long as he can win draws and play good defensive mistake free hockey I think we'll see him next year right from game 1. It's not like he has anyone in the bottom 6 that is going to beat him out with their offense.

Old
05-07-2013, 12:39 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by li97 View Post
Sounds a lot like another center we have that goes by the name of Derek Stepan.

As long as he can win draws and play good defensive mistake free hockey I think we'll see him next year right from game 1. It's not like he has anyone in the bottom 6 that is going to beat him out with their offense.
Except I was actually correct on Stepan!

But yes, similar in that they both bring enough to the table that the NHL adjustment period shouldn't be too painful.

Old
05-07-2013, 02:04 PM
SurMartin

Skellefteås captain Jimmie Ericsson won Guldpucken, Lindberg was the runner-up. Both had been worthy winners but I guess Ericsson had the edge due to his leadership-qualities.

Old
05-07-2013, 02:10 PM
Green Blob*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurMartin View Post
Skellefteås captain Jimmie Ericsson won Guldpucken, Lindberg was the runner-up. Both had been worthy winners but I guess Ericsson had the edge due to his leadership-qualities.
And for those who dont know what that is ( I didnt ), that is equal to the Hart Trophy.

Runner up is pretty damn good!

Fun Fact: Lundqvist won it in 2005

Old
05-07-2013, 02:12 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Quote:
********!

Old
05-07-2013, 02:22 PM
greenday

Quote:

anyway Lindberg rocks hard! .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxUhH...layer_embedded

Old
05-07-2013, 02:55 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Guys, there's a thread for discussing Brad Richards. It's not this one.

Old
05-07-2013, 04:05 PM
HoosierDaddy

Yeah, just follow the stench.

Old
05-07-2013, 04:10 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

i wish Lindberg could play for NYR... he would help this team... at faceoffs....

Old
05-08-2013, 06:14 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
St. Croix had Edmonton's only goal. They lost 3-1, now trail in the series 2-1. Game 4 is tonight.

Noreau was scoreless. Baie-Comeau did win though, 3-1, getting them into the series. They now trail Halifax 2-1. That was the first playoff game that Halifax lost this year. Game 4 is also tonight.

Old
05-08-2013, 07:48 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
St. Croix had Edmonton's only goal. They lost 3-1, now trail in the series 2-1. Game 4 is tonight.

Noreau was scoreless. Baie-Comeau did win though, 3-1, getting them into the series. They now trail Halifax 2-1. That was the first playoff game that Halifax lost this year. Game 4 is also tonight.
I wish we could get some first hand knowledge of how Noreau has looked against such skilled forwards.

Old
05-08-2013, 08:00 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I wish we could get some first hand knowledge of how Noreau has looked against such skilled forwards.
I have the Q as part of my HockeyStreams package. If the Rangers look like **** tonight, I'll tune into Noreau.

Old
05-08-2013, 08:02 AM
Ola

Quote:
The main difference between Lindberg and other prospects like Fasth, Kreider, Miller, Thomas is that he has been playing against grown men for 3 years AND he is already VERY good on the defensive side of the puck.

I would be surprised if he doesn't start the year in the NHL. Fasth on the other hand, AHL IMO. Kreider is most likely to be the other young forward up.
Yeah, this is a great point.

Its of course always hard to generalize, and there are examples of players who have gone diffrent routes and still had plenty of success, but one big diffrence between a "Kreider" and a Lindberg going forward is that I wouldn't at all be that worried if Lindberg was in NY and played 7-8 minutes a night for 82 games, as I would have been if Kreider was in that position.

The SEL is a good league and Lindberg has played plenty of hockey at a high level so far in his career. He does not need to like "put it together" at the professional level.

Old
05-08-2013, 08:14 AM
McSauer
Defense Wins Games

I look forward to a 'Swedish House Mafia' line next season:

Hags-Lindberg-Fast

That could so some serious damage

Old
05-08-2013, 09:05 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
I removed Mashinter, Talbot and Zuccarello from the table, as their prospect eligibility expired. Mashinter is too old, Zuccarello reached the NHL games played mark, and Talbot is now three years removed from signing his first contract as a college free agent.

Old
05-08-2013, 09:06 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
I have the Q as part of my HockeyStreams package. If the Rangers look like **** tonight, I'll tune into Noreau.
Stop slacking!!

Old
05-08-2013, 11:14 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

I saw the highlights of Halifax-Baie game 2.

Noreau didn't seem to be on the ice for any goals against, and again, a fight broke ut and no one would even engage Noreau

Old
05-08-2013, 11:42 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
I saw the highlights of Halifax-Baie game 2.

Noreau didn't seem to be on the ice for any goals against, and again, a fight broke ut and no one would even engage Noreau
I REALLY hope he turns out to be a NHLer. What a presence he could provide with McIlrath on the back-end.

Old
05-08-2013, 12:45 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
I REALLY hope he turns out to be a NHLer. What a presence he could provide with McIlrath on the back-end.
Both ? One would be nice at this point

Old
05-08-2013, 12:48 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Both ? One would be nice at this point
I am confident McIlrath will be a NHLer. Noreau, not so much but it would be nice.

Closed Thread