Closed Thread

Old
05-08-2013, 10:58 AM
Bruins Stooge
Spread Out

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11MilesPerJohan View Post
Yeah, he takes himself entirely too seriously.

Felger, love him or hate him, at least will come right out and tell you that he is an a-hole...and you're right, he does it all with some sense of fun.

I've tried listening a few times, but there is something about his voice and opinions that grate on me.
Hate him or not Felger is bold. He admits when he's right and when he's wrong. People got all assed up about him picking the yard birds over the patriots this year, excuse him for not giving a home oppinion and giving an honest sports oppinion. He can over react on some thing, or add some hyperbole to things, but I reall have no issue. I have more of an issue with Mazz and that condescending voice he does. It's one thing if the point is extremely idiotic and unbacked, but they've started to push that a bit much.

Old
05-08-2013, 03:15 PM
Kelly23
Pedroia and Drew

Millbury has gotten to Felger, Fleger just siad Pens are ok to good in there own end and Letang should win Norris, you know NBC and Millbury got to fleger.

Old
05-08-2013, 03:16 PM
EverettMike

Today is the only time I ever turn into F&M anymore.

Glorious.

Old
05-08-2013, 05:03 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly23 View Post
Millbury has gotten to Felger, Fleger just siad Pens are ok to good in there own end and Letang should win Norris, you know NBC and Millbury got to fleger.
Felger is quite capable of coming up with moronic conclusions on his own.

Old
05-08-2013, 05:13 PM
qc

vCash: 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
Today is the only time I ever turn into F&M anymore.

Glorious.
The Vancouver radio clips were epic.

Old
05-09-2013, 12:23 AM
beantown bullies
LOOOOOOCH

People get on Gresh and Zo but there is no denying Zo is a fan of hockey and is a Bruins fan. From Zo's twitter tonight...

"1st person at work that mentions the Sox I'm punching right in the face."

Old
05-09-2013, 11:48 AM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

Quote:
Originally Posted by QC View Post
The Vancouver radio clips were epic.
Yelling "You were down 3-0!!!!" while the banana in the tailpipe blubbers on about the league was awesome.

Old
05-09-2013, 11:58 AM
FallsForItEveryYear

I really wish they would add a 3rd person with real hockey knowledge to the felger and mazz show. they are fun to listen to when they arent getting to specific about actual hockey plays because thats when their novice understanding of the ins and outs shows.

i love the enthusiasm though. its the same issue i have with toucher and rich in the morning. fun to listen to but frustrating when they are clearly ignorant about hockey.

Old
05-09-2013, 12:03 PM
Roll 4 Lines
Gitchyasum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallsForItEveryYear View Post
I really wish they would add a 3rd person with real hockey knowledge to the felger and mazz show. they are fun to listen to when they arent getting to specific about actual hockey plays because thats when their novice understanding of the ins and outs shows.

i love the enthusiasm though. its the same issue i have with toucher and rich in the morning. fun to listen to but frustrating when they are clearly ignorant about hockey.
It's even more frustrating when, on the morning after an intense overtime Bruins win, they spend the entire segment of my commute playing interviews of drunks outside Fenway!

Old
05-09-2013, 12:14 PM
MattFromFranklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallsForItEveryYear View Post

Agreed, but a poster made a good point on one of the earlier Radio threads in that they can't devote all of their time to watching hockey. For their jobs they have to be on the ball about everything and try and devote an equal amount of time to watching the various sporting events that are on that night, especially if they involve local teams. You heard it yesterday when Felger said he had been a "Green Teamer" for the last 3 months and now has stopped giving "hot basketball takes" (not that he ever really did in the first place, though lol). Now that the Celtics are out, I would assume that they will all give improved "hot hockey sports takes." They're not hockey experts, but I appreciate how much they all enjoy the sport, and the team. T&R are a prime example. It's crystal clear how much they love the sport and the team, and although they only know a little more than the basics, they make a great effort and love what they do.

I think it's clear that most posters on here know more about hockey than anyone host on 98.5, and if we were in their place we could provide more insight/in-depth discussions. I'm thankful that they've talked hockey since 98.5 launched in 2009, and all the hosts seem to enjoy the sport/team and appreciate any callers that call in. I remember when guys like Ordway, Dennis, and Callahan would laugh at hockey fans that wanted to call into WEEI and either keep them on hold for hours or only let them talk for 10 seconds before hanging up on them. The mid-day was an exception, and one of the reasons that myself, as well as many others, enjoyed Dale and Michael.

Old
05-09-2013, 12:15 PM
Mike Yeos Eyebrows
We attack at 11.

Gresh & Zo had some quality hockey talk in the 10 o clock hour today.

I know, I was shocked too.

Old
05-09-2013, 12:28 PM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

I'd like to see Beers sit in with the guys for a couple hours. He'd bring more to the table than Wiggins (who granted, is a perfectly good guy to have around during football season for the same reasons) this time of the year.

Old
05-09-2013, 01:26 PM
Bullgang

Felger and Mazz can't say pants tent anymore??

Pussafacation of America!

Old
05-09-2013, 04:44 PM
Patrice37

Send a message via AIM to Patrice37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll 4 Lines View Post
It's even more frustrating when, on the morning after an intense overtime Bruins win, they spend the entire segment of my commute playing interviews of drunks outside Fenway!
I think you're thinking of T&R. That being said, the ask a pink hat this morning was ****ing gold with the "Socrates method" from Adolfo.

Old
05-09-2013, 05:05 PM
11MilesPerJohan
@BeingAHumanBean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullgang View Post
Felger and Mazz can't say pants tent anymore??

Pussafacation of America!
Is tent de pantalon still considered above board?

Old
05-09-2013, 10:16 PM
Shaun
beauty

vCash: 50
Bill Burr has better hockey insight on his podcasts than any of the shows in town do.

Old
05-10-2013, 08:34 AM
Roll 4 Lines
Gitchyasum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrice37 View Post
I think you're thinking of T&R. That being said, the ask a pink hat this morning was ****ing gold with the "Socrates method" from Adolfo.
One man's gold is another man's trash I guess!

It just blows my mind that so many people complain about sports talk radio hosts that don't know hockey, or have screetchy voices, talk too much baseball, etc. etc., yet people listen to pink hats, and crap like that which to me is absolute utter garbage.

I'd rather listen to someone talking hockey, even if I disagree with them 100% than listen to tapes of some drunken morons being interviewed on the street the night before.

Old
05-10-2013, 08:40 AM
Patrice37

Once again I will say to that, to each his own. No issues at all with your opinion, normally I don't like the ask a pink hat segment but sometimes it can be hilarious.

I was mainly just pointing out that you were referring to a post about Felger and Mazz yet complaining about a bit on T&R

Old
05-10-2013, 08:58 AM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarbageGoal View Post
I'd like to see Beers sit in with the guys for a couple hours. He'd bring more to the table than Wiggins (who granted, is a perfectly good guy to have around during football season for the same reasons) this time of the year.
Wiggins is a local kid who has been a Bruins fan forever- he plays pickup hockey every week; imo he's a real fan and passionate as heck- I bet he is so excited for tonights game like the rest of us

Old
05-10-2013, 09:23 AM
Roll 4 Lines
Gitchyasum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrice37 View Post
Once again I will say to that, to each his own. No issues at all with your opinion, normally I don't like the ask a pink hat segment but sometimes it can be hilarious.

I was mainly just pointing out that you were referring to a post about Felger and Mazz yet complaining about a bit on T&R
Yes, all cool my friend.

But the second part of that post was about T&R. That's what I was commenting on.

Keep Calm and Begeron!

Old
05-10-2013, 05:31 PM
qc

Am I the only one who cringes whenever the CBS sports minute comes on the air? It's as if they specifically selected the worst sports pundits in the world to collectively troll me on a daily basis.

Old
05-10-2013, 05:34 PM
Mike Yeos Eyebrows
We attack at 11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QC View Post
Am I the only one who cringes whenever the CBS sports minute comes on the air? It's as if they specifically selected the worst sports pundits in the world to collectively troll me on a daily basis.
Norman Esiason usually has something interesting to say.

Old
05-10-2013, 05:36 PM
qc

Quote:
Originally Posted by HortonHearsAWoo View Post
Norman Esiason usually has something interesting to say.
Boomer doesn't bug me too much, I met him as a child so thats probably why

But Jim Rome and Dough Gottlieb drive me INSANE .. even when I agree with what they're saying.

Old
05-10-2013, 05:59 PM
Patrice37

Jim Rome is without a doubt one of the worst people alive. There I said it

Old
05-10-2013, 06:23 PM
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Lou Merloni says it's impossible to keep up with Bruins prospects because nobody in the media covers them.

That is not a joke. He actually said that.
Someone needs to to introduce him to KirkNEHJ and OrrOverGretzky. I'm sure they'd be glad to educate him about the Bruins prospects.

Closed Thread