HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

The Bluth Company Discussion Thread | OFFSEASON | Activity Check

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-08-2013, 09:13 PM
  #876
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 14,083
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HughJazz3dg View Post
Dibs on Bergeron
Dibs on Eberle.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 09:14 PM
  #877
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please
 
ArGarBarGar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 27,889
vCash: 500
Jeez, didn't expect to outbid everyone on all of those players.

My bad, guys. I'll check in a minute to see if I lost any people to the disappearing glitch.

ArGarBarGar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 09:14 PM
  #878
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 14,083
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1396 View Post
just saying, next offseason there has to be a rule where you can't offer over the amount of cap space you have, **** like this shouldn't be happening
To be fair, the STL CPU did it too...

But yeah, I agree.

Speaking from experience, it is an annoying rule to enforce, and there probably needs to be a little wiggle room to allow people to go after multiple players, but when you need to miss on your two biggest offers to stay under the cap, there's probably a better way.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 09:18 PM
  #879
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 14,083
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArGarBarGar View Post
Jeez, didn't expect to outbid everyone on all of those players.

My bad, guys. I'll check in a minute to see if I lost any people to the disappearing glitch.
As much as I would love to convince you to trade one of those guys to me ( ), the fairest thing might be to trade one each to Carolina and New York Rangers, and then put the Staals on the market or something.

You need to get rid of both to get under the cap anyway.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 09:20 PM
  #880
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please
 
ArGarBarGar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 27,889
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
To be fair, the STL CPU did it too...

But yeah, I agree.

Speaking from experience, it is an annoying rule to enforce, and there probably needs to be a little wiggle room to allow people to go after multiple players, but when you need to miss on your two biggest offers to stay under the cap, there's probably a better way.
Well, I probably should have not went after everyone, but I honestly did not expect to sign Henrik. I expected Colorado to send him a 3 year 10 million dollar offer.

I will see what I can do to rectify this. What I may do is have the teams who sent a bid to Bergeron and Kulemin to PM me what they were planning on offering, then I will trade them for a 7th to each team, then next offseason they can buy them out and re-sign them in free agency without a problem.

Really my bad.

ArGarBarGar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 09:20 PM
  #881
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please
 
ArGarBarGar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 27,889
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
As much as I would love to convince you to trade one of those guys to me ( ), the fairest thing might be to trade one each to Carolina and New York Rangers, and then put the Staals on the market or something.

You need to get rid of both to get under the cap anyway.
That may be a good idea. Though NYR, DET, and CAR all need players.

ArGarBarGar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 09:22 PM
  #882
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please
 
ArGarBarGar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 27,889
vCash: 500
Also, looks like those big free agents who had no offers are finally getting bites. Good show.

ArGarBarGar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 09:23 PM
  #883
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 14,083
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArGarBarGar View Post
That may be a good idea. Though NYR, DET, and CAR all need players.
Well, objectively, NYR is the furthest under the cap ($30). There's something weird going on with the Staals and Skinner. They had offers from 2-4 CPU teams and didn't sign at all.

Detroit signed Ryan Callahan, so they at least are doing something. NYR and CAR CPUs seem broken.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 09:23 PM
  #884
noexult
HFBoards Sponsor
 
noexult's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Oslo
Country: Norway
Posts: 2,194
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArGarBarGar View Post
That may be a good idea. Though NYR, DET, and CAR all need players.
CPU has put in several offers now for next advance...

noexult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 09:25 PM
  #885
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 14,083
vCash: 500
if no humans have put in offers, we could advance again, let the CPU sign guys, then open things back up.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 09:25 PM
  #886
HughJazz3dg
Registered User
 
HughJazz3dg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,314
vCash: 50
We could just do Waivers?

HughJazz3dg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 09:26 PM
  #887
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 14,083
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArGarBarGar View Post
I will see what I can do to rectify this. What I may do is have the teams who sent a bid to Bergeron and Kulemin to PM me what they were planning on offering, then I will trade them for a 7th to each team, then next offseason they can buy them out and re-sign them in free agency without a problem.
Those teams would have to carry the cap hits from the buyout, though.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 09:26 PM
  #888
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please
 
ArGarBarGar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 27,889
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
if no humans have put in offers, we could advance again, let the CPU sign guys, then open things back up.
I sent offer sheets to a couple guys, so we would have to wait for them to respond. Don't want to get FURTHER over the cap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
Those teams would have to carry the cap hits from the buyout, though.
Buyouts are broken in GMC.

ArGarBarGar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 09:26 PM
  #889
HughJazz3dg
Registered User
 
HughJazz3dg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,314
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
if no humans have put in offers, we could advance again, let the CPU sign guys, then open things back up.
I offered one, but it was Pascal Dupuis

HughJazz3dg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 09:27 PM
  #890
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 14,083
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HughJazz3dg View Post
We could just do Waivers?
You mean real waivers?

That tends to get pretty tricky.

Plus PHX can't ice a team without violating the cap at the moment. They AI is going to stick guys in the minors, and he wont' be able to get them up to send them through waivers once the season starts.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 09:28 PM
  #891
dbridge
Bluth Lockout 2015
 
dbridge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 1,989
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
if no humans have put in offers, we could advance again, let the CPU sign guys, then open things back up.
I just put in a number of offers, but it was to depth guys rated below 80, so it might not matter at all to anyone.

dbridge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 09:30 PM
  #892
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 14,083
vCash: 500
Ok, then why not just trade Bergeron and Sedin to Carolina and put the two Staals and Skinner on the market?

Carolina gets balanced (and to the cap), there are 3 centers out there for human teams to bid for.

Leave anyone from NYR and DET still off-limits.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 09:33 PM
  #893
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please
 
ArGarBarGar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 27,889
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
Ok, then why not just trade Bergeron and Sedin to Carolina and put the two Staals and Skinner on the market?

Carolina gets balanced (and to the cap), there are 3 centers out there for human teams to bid for.

Leave anyone from NYR and DET still off-limits.
That may work. Any objections?

ArGarBarGar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 09:34 PM
  #894
dbridge
Bluth Lockout 2015
 
dbridge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 1,989
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArGarBarGar View Post
That may work. Any objections?
That sounds fair enough to me.

Also, would that make Gaborik, Datsyuk, etc. fair game as well?

dbridge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 09:36 PM
  #895
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please
 
ArGarBarGar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 27,889
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbridge92 View Post
That sounds fair enough to me.

Also, would that make Gaborik, Datsyuk, etc. fair game as well?
Those teams still have cap space, so no.

Trading two free agents for three is a great trade, in my opinion.

ArGarBarGar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 09:36 PM
  #896
matt1396
Registered User
 
matt1396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,595
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbridge92 View Post
That sounds fair enough to me.

Also, would that make Gaborik, Datsyuk, etc. fair game as well?
only way this should work is if someone offers to trade players to DET or NYR and if we deem it fair, they can then sign Gaborik or Datsyuk, just a thought.

matt1396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 09:38 PM
  #897
xVx Santillo
Registered User
 
xVx Santillo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,148
vCash: 500
I dont get why we can just put the players back into their respective teams and make Sedin and Bergeron fair game again

Ppl who want them PM offer to ArGar and than Argar give them to highest bidder

Those players are those players franchise players, no need to change it up for those teams

xVx Santillo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 09:39 PM
  #898
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 14,083
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1396 View Post
only way this should work is if someone offers to trade players to DET or NYR and if we deem it fair, they can then sign Gaborik or Datsyuk, just a thought.
I'd say just leave them off limits until the regular season. If they are still there at that point, the CPU will have signed depth guys to get to the floor, then you can allow bids on them.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 09:39 PM
  #899
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please
 
ArGarBarGar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 27,889
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xVx Santillo View Post
I dont get why we can just put the players back into their respective teams and make Sedin and Bergeron fair game again

Ppl who want them PM offer to ArGar and than Argar give them to highest bidder

Those players are those players franchise players, no need to change it up for those teams
What?

ArGarBarGar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 09:40 PM
  #900
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 14,083
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xVx Santillo View Post
I dont get why we can just put the players back into their respective teams and make Sedin and Bergeron fair game again

Ppl who want them PM offer to ArGar and than Argar give them to highest bidder

Those players are those players franchise players, no need to change it up for those teams
I don't follow?

You mean highest bidder in the sense of trade assets?

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:54 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.