HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Halak cut

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-23-2006, 11:17 PM
  #1
Booba
Fier, ému and proud
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Chez Moi
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,338
vCash: 500
Halak cut

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/transactions

Booba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2006, 11:46 PM
  #2
Talent Analyst
Registered User
 
Talent Analyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 100th years
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,059
vCash: 500
He was good at the camp , he show us his big talent . I really hope that he can become a #1 goalie in the NHL , maybe not in our team with Price and Danis , but I'm confident that he could reach that . That bad that he's cut , but ... he simply can't get off Aebischer , Huet and Danis (who's more experimented) of they're job . I expect him to have a good season in Hamilton and play a 41-41 season with Danis .

In two year , I really hope that he'll do the jump to the NHL .

Talent Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2006, 11:59 PM
  #3
Habbadasher
Registered User
 
Habbadasher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: My couch
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,694
vCash: 500
Not a surprise, but things could change quickly for Halak and you never know when you get a chance.

Habbadasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2006, 12:17 AM
  #4
habsprospects
Irresponsible User
 
habsprospects's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sherbrooke, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,925
vCash: 500
http://www.hamiltonbulldogs.com/inde...isplay&nid=336

__________________

Habs Prospects website
habsprospects is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2006, 05:54 AM
  #5
Blades 0f Steel
Registered User
 
Blades 0f Steel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Tibet
Posts: 11,523
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talent Analyst View Post
He was good at the camp , he show us his big talent . I really hope that he can become a #1 goalie in the NHL , maybe not in our team with Price and Danis , but I'm confident that he could reach that . That bad that he's cut , but ... he simply can't get off Aebischer , Huet and Danis (who's more experimented) of they're job . I expect him to have a good season in Hamilton and play a 41-41 season with Danis ..
Some things the casual fan wasn't meant to know.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2006, 07:44 AM
  #6
beowulf
Not a nice guy.
 
beowulf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,629
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to beowulf
No real suprise. I am kind of upset that the team is 4 games into the pre-season and none of the goalies have played a whole game. Time to let them Guy!!

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2006, 09:24 AM
  #7
Bulldog fan
Timmy Dogs Alum 1999
 
Bulldog fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: 101York Bld Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 918
vCash: 500
I wouldn't assume Danis is #3 in the Canadiens goaltender chain, IMO Halak was playing better than Danis at the end of last year with the Bulldogs. I'm not so sure that Halak and Danis will split the games in Hamilton, one of them could win the number one spot.

Bulldog fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2006, 09:39 AM
  #8
GoodKiwi
Registered User
 
GoodKiwi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Georgia
Posts: 10,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BladesofSteel View Post
Some things the casual fan wasn't meant to know.

GoodKiwi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2006, 10:30 AM
  #9
montreal
Moderator
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 24,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog fan View Post
I wouldn't assume Danis is #3 in the Canadiens goaltender chain, IMO Halak was playing better than Danis at the end of last year with the Bulldogs. I'm not so sure that Halak and Danis will split the games in Hamilton, one of them could win the number one spot.
As of now Danis is the #3 in the eyes of management, but we'll see what goes on from here. I think highly of Halak, what a year he had, although personally I think they rotate the goalies unless one gets really hot or cold. I assume the thought is for Abby to be moved at some point in the season unless Huet forgets how to stop pucks. Then I assume that Danis will be the backup to Huet with Halak and Desjardins in Hamilton until next year when Price enters the picture.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2006, 10:42 AM
  #10
beowulf
Not a nice guy.
 
beowulf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,629
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
As of now Danis is the #3 in the eyes of management, but we'll see what goes on from here. I think highly of Halak, what a year he had, although personally I think they rotate the goalies unless one gets really hot or cold. I assume the thought is for Abby to be moved at some point in the season unless Huet forgets how to stop pucks. Then I assume that Danis will be the backup to Huet with Halak and Desjardins in Hamilton until next year when Price enters the picture.
I agree to a certain point. Next season I do see Huet and Danis duo in Montreal as very possible. But in Hamilton would be not see Price? I do not see him playing as a 20 year old in junior as he has shown some very decent play in his first two pro camps.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2006, 10:52 AM
  #11
montreal
Moderator
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 24,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
I agree to a certain point. Next season I do see Huet and Danis duo in Montreal as very possible. But in Hamilton would be not see Price? I do not see him playing as a 20 year old in junior as he has shown some very decent play in his first two pro camps.
"in Hamilton until next year when Price enters the picture"

from that how did you come up with Price playing in the dub as an overager? What I was saying is that Price will be in Hamilton next year, (unless he can get the backup job) So next year we'll have Huet, Price, Danis (if he plays a certain # of games if not he'll be a UFA), Halak, Desjardins and Lacasse plus Heino has to be signed or we lose his rights.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2006, 10:54 AM
  #12
BLONG7
Registered User
 
BLONG7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 12,954
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
No real suprise. I am kind of upset that the team is 4 games into the pre-season and none of the goalies have played a whole game. Time to let them Guy!!
Agreed, the other teams we have played have used their goalies for the whole game...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:54 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.