HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

The Bluth Company Discussion Thread | OFFSEASON | Activity Check

Old
05-08-2013, 09:43 PM
xVx Santillo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArGarBarGar View Post
What?
The Staals and Skinner should be back on Hurricanes roster
Gaborik on Rangers
Datsyuk on Wings

Since you cant afford Sedin and Bergeron you make them fair game again by making ppl PM you their offers ($ wise as if they were still in FA pool) for them and whoever the highest bidder is you trade them to that team for a 7th

to get the players mentioned above to their respective teams ppl can join as them and sign them/if they get signed by another team someone joins that team and trades player back to original team

Carolina GM would never trade Staals or Skinner (0.1% chance they would) same goes for Gaborik unless he was 40...same can be said for Datsyuk therefore those players should go back to their teams

xVx Santillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
That may work. Any objections?
If we do this, I think teams should only be permitted to bid on one of the three--otherwise, this is likely to happen again....

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
matt1396

I think Santillo is trying to say is get someone to sign the Staal's and Skinner, and then trade them to CAR for a 7th, while Argar makes Bergeron and H.Sedin available to the highest bidder in terms of assets.

EDIT: His explanation confused me now...

matt1396 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 09:45 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by xVx Santillo View Post
The Staals and Skinner should be back on Hurricanes roster
Gaborik on Rangers
Datsyuk on Wings

Since you cant afford Sedin and Bergeron you make them fair game again by making ppl PM you their offers for them and whoever the highest bidder is you trade them to that team for a 7th

to get the players mentioned above to their respective teams ppl can join as them and sign them/if they get signed by another team someone joins that team and trades player back to original team

Carolina GM would never trade Staals or Skinner (0.1% chance they would) same goes for Gaborik unless he was 40...same can be said for Datsyuk therefore those players should go back to their teams
Well, switching back and forth tends to screw up leagues, so I don't think that will work. If a team with cap space wants to sign a guy and trade them as a service, that's fine (might help for NYR, actually).

But I still dont' know what you mean by highest "bid."

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1396 View Post
I think Santillo is trying to say is get someone to sign the Staal's and Skinner, and then trade them to CAR for a 7th, while Argar makes Bergeron and H.Sedin available to the highest bidder in terms of assets.

EDIT: His explanation confused me now...
I think you nailed it, but I don't think ArGar should get assets. Isn't that kind of rewarding him for going $16 million over the cap?

I still like my idea better. Yes, Carolina loses some of its identity--but one Sedin should never have left Vancouver, so that ship has already sailed. It fixes one of the three broken CPU teams and gives the human GMs a chance to improve their teams.

That being said, I don't really care, and I'll go with whatever everyone else thinks. I am new here after all.

Old
05-08-2013, 09:45 PM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

That is way too complicated, and if I was to move free agents it would be Bergeron and Kulemin.

And Jack is right, there is no reason for me to be provided any assets for a free agent I didn't give up anything for. That's beyond unfair to everyone else.

ArGarBarGar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 09:46 PM
dbridge
Bluth Lockout 2015

My only issue with Santillo's idea is what's going to prevent people from pm'ing ArGar saying they offer $14mil per year? You still get the player at the contract he signed them to, so the bidding process wouldn't really accomplish anything if I understand your idea correctly.

dbridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 09:47 PM
xVx Santillo

Quote:
That is way too complicated, and if I was to move free agents it would be Bergeron and Kulemin.
Whoever you give up to fit under cap is ok

What i dont agree with is that your changing all those teams franchise players

If those teams had GMs those players would never leave those teams..

Old
05-08-2013, 09:49 PM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

Quote:
Whoever you give up to fit under cap is ok

What i dont agree with is that your changing all those teams franchise players

If those teams had GMs those players would never leave those teams..
But they don't have GMs, and it's better to have them receive different players than none at all.

Old
05-08-2013, 09:49 PM
xVx Santillo

Quote:

And Jack is right, there is no reason for me to be provided any assets for a free agent I didn't give up anything for. That's beyond unfair to everyone else.
Never said they would give up assets for those players, just a 7th

Old
05-08-2013, 09:50 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbridge92 View Post
My only issue with Santillo's idea is what's going to prevent people from pm'ing ArGar saying they offer $14mil per year? You still get the player at the contract he signed them to, so the bidding process wouldn't really accomplish anything if I understand your idea correctly.
That, and that some of us made offers on the understanding that we were supposed to stay very close to the cap.

So even if I had signed both Sedin ($9) and Bergeron ($7.5)--or $16.5 total, I would have only been $2 million or so over (I had $13 million going in, and signing those guys would have bumped two guys off of EA's list of 23, so probably $1.8 total). I would have been roughly $1.5 over if I had signed both. Maybe a bit more, but you get the point.

I think the issue is two-fold:
1) What do we do between now and the next advance?
2) What, if any, rules or restrictions are necessary for the future?

Old
05-08-2013, 09:50 PM
xVx Santillo

Quote:
But they don't have GMs, and it's better to have them receive different players than none at all.
Ok just saying if i wanted Carolina for their respective players than why would i join them for some other players?

you have a franchise rule in place but willing to bend it because it will take longer to put those players back on those teams? sounds dumb to me, just my opinion

Old
05-08-2013, 09:51 PM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbridge92 View Post
I could put it on the record and they would need to buy out that player over next offseason and re-sign them through free agency for 2 years or 1 year depending on the specific player.

Old
05-08-2013, 09:52 PM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

Quote:
Ok just saying if i wanted Carolina for their respective players than why would i join them for some other players?

you have a franchise rule in place but willing to bend it because it will take longer to put those players back on those teams? sounds dumb to me, just my opinion
I am trying to make a solution that makes sense. It isn't dumb, it is just what I think is the least time-consuming and irritating solution.

Old
05-08-2013, 09:54 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:

I understand that, and I think its fair.

On the other hand, Callahan left NYR for DET. A human GM let Sedin walk. A human GM let Bergeron walk. Those three are all at least as identified with their franchises as Skinner or J. Staal (Eric is different). Something is clearly wrong with the NYR and CAR CPU--they are letting guys go for no reason.

Anyway, I'm in favor of whatever resolution offers the best balance to the league. It would be nice if that solution kept the integrity of team's identity intact, but I don't think that's a goal in itself.

EDIT: Remember, CAR actually bought the Staals and Skinner out. Pretend there was some sort of scandal and move on, I think.

Old
05-08-2013, 09:56 PM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

Okay, we have two solutions here:

1. Trade Bergeron and Kulemin to Carolina, and then put Carolina's players on the market to be fair game.

2. Assign 3 volunteers to join Carolina, Detroit, and New York to sign their respective free agents. Allow for a new free agency period for Bergeron, where everyone PMs me and whoever bids highest gets the player. They will then need to buy out that player over the next re-sign phase and re-sign them in free agency for the exact same amount of money they offered.

Two will work only if we have volunteers and we don't bog this down too much further.

Old
05-08-2013, 09:58 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:

2. Assign 3 volunteers to join Carolina, Detroit, and New York to sign their respective free agents.
FYI--When I was commissioner, I killed Sitwell by asking Firefox (I think, maybe Cosmonaut) to quit as his team and rejoin as a CPU team to sign FAs that weren't getting inked.

It never advanced again.

I wouldn't risk that.

Old
05-08-2013, 10:00 PM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

I could also basically scratch Bergeron and Kulemin for a year and then buy them out to be in free agency next year.

People lose out on a year of them, but teams like Carolina don't get their players all switched up.

Old
05-08-2013, 10:01 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:

People lose out on a year of them, but teams like Carolina don't get their players all switched up.
Except it is not clear at all that Carolina is going to sign those guys.

It is just as likely, if we do nothing and let the CPUs do their thing, that NYR signs the Staals, Carolina signs Datsyuk, Detroit signs Gaborik, and FLA signs Skinner.

Old
05-08-2013, 10:15 PM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

Seems like no matter what, we lose.

Old
05-08-2013, 10:18 PM
Firefoxx

I guess I missed all the drama! Outbid by freakin 0.2 for Kulemin.

Firefoxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 10:19 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Seems like no matter what, we lose.
What's the downside of sending Bergeron + Kulemin to CAR and releasing the Staals and Skinner?

The only thing I can think of is "team identity"--which we really can't guarantee anyway.

In every other respect, it seems a reasonably decent solution. Is that team as strong? No. But that's going to happen with any CPU team anyway. It would still be playable, IMO, particularly if they end up with a #1 pick from getting killed all year by humans.

It also gives the humans with cap space the opportunity to improve their teams--which, in the end, is the real point, isn't it?

Old
05-08-2013, 10:19 PM
xVx Santillo

Just do wtv pleases you ArGar

Accept me back in the league when you get the chance please

Old
05-08-2013, 10:27 PM
avsfan89

lol I was the only one who sent an offer to sedin before i left around 4 pm EST today, can't i just have him lmao

avsfan89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 10:34 PM
HughJazz3dg

vCash: 50
Let avs have Henrik, put Bergeron in the minors for a season, and get to the season.

HughJazz3dg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 10:37 PM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by HughJazz3dg View Post
Let avs have Henrik, put Bergeron in the minors for a season, and get to the season.
Avs were outbid. Henrik was my first bid, and I bid on those others as a precaution in case the Avs went buck wild in their bid.

I am going to send Bergeron and Kulemin to the Canes, and their players will become available as a result.