2013 Prospect Thread

Closed Thread

Old
05-08-2013, 05:15 PM
Timothy Freitag

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
No, it's the negativity and attacks that have been directed at me, posters following me around to bash me, posters finding me on Twitter to attack me anonymously, and the little sarcastic barbs that guys have to constantly work in.
No bueno. I value your opinions, and respect you for the time spent moderating the boards.

Old
05-08-2013, 06:23 PM
Generic User
Lafferty, Daniel

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestonedkoala View Post
I've scaled back a lot of my posts simply because of trolls and whiny fans here on HF and I've been here a lot longer than what it says on my tag (over 10 years now). I haven't seen a board get this toxic since the Wild boards shuffled over to under the NHL banner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallenity View Post
The only issue I have is with all the bipolarity. We lose one game, we're the first team in the league and Yeo should be fired. We win one game and suddenly we can dance with the best of them. It gets really dull after a while.
Yup. Haven't been enjoying these boards like I used to.

Old
05-08-2013, 10:28 PM
Surly Furious

vCash: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Generic User View Post
Low expectations lead to fun. When people get hard-core serious about this kid's game played by men, they lose their sense of humor and become self-righteous, and drive the fun folks underground. The SC Photoshop thread is my favorite, because these people get it. Sports entertainment should be about the fun.

Thankfully our excellent mods keep this from being a bully pulpit of puerile machismo a la Wild.com. But they can't moderate perspective.

Old
05-08-2013, 10:45 PM
Bazeek
Registered Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookman View Post
Low expectations lead to fun. When people get hard-core serious about this kid's game played by men, they lose their sense of humor and become self-righteous, and drive the fun folks underground. The SC Photoshop thread is my favorite, because these people get it. Sports entertainment should be about the fun.

Thankfully our excellent mods keep this from being a bully pulpit of puerile machismo a la Wild.com. But they can't moderate perspective.
I mean this as a compliment: you have an incredibly appropriate avatar.

Old
05-08-2013, 10:51 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

I find that some posters on here are able to have the life they never had. I.E they can act all douchey and tough when in reality this is all they'll ever have. Some of the things said on these boards or insults and granted I'm guilty of it are just plain rude and would never be repeated in person.

It's easy to cower behind your computer screen and attack someone. It's not right though.

A lot of the douchey posters on here have been here for awhile and feel like they know everything and so on.. Granted some newbies are douches too, but there's cliques on here as well.

I've been lurking these boards since I was 14. Only started posted last year. I've seen some douchey people though.

Old
05-08-2013, 11:11 PM
Haite
x

vCash: 1089
I'd like to post a stupid MGS3 reference I made pretty early into the season:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haite View Post
"After the end of the lockout, the board was split into two - Negatives and Positives. That marked the beginning of the era called the Wild War."
With that note, I'd also like to point out that this is the wrong thread for extended meta-discussions about the state of this community and overall quality of these boards.

Old
05-08-2013, 11:27 PM
Northland Wild Man
Run The Goalie!

There is good and bad here like everything else in life.

If some want to say the Wild boards are too negative well, maybe they are.

I blame Minnesota sports in general. There have been no titles in the state since 1991. There is plenty of blame to go around for the lack of sport success, but the fact is there have been no titles in a long time here. A ton of people here are negative because they know a team will choke, or the league has an agenda, or a game will be decided by the officials, or the team will come out flat, etc. etc. etc.

I have witnessed enough of it to not care what the team has to do to win, as long as they win. If that makes me sound somewhat negative I guess I am from time to time.

I have confidence that in the next few seasons the Wild will make a cup run or 2, but they better win. Otherwise the sports fans will spew negativity like you have never seen.

Old
05-09-2013, 12:03 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

vCash: 50
*Sigh*

Alright, what did I do this time to piss someone off?

Old
05-09-2013, 01:20 AM
Avder
Is only game.

You died and stopped selling Oxy Clean with a zeal and passion that every man, woman, and child should have simply for being alive! Thats what you did!!! You stopped leading by example! ITS ALL YOUR FAULT!

Old
05-09-2013, 07:10 AM
BuddyMcCormick

vCash: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
I find that some posters on here are able to have the life they never had. I.E they can act all douchey and tough when in reality this is all they'll ever have. Some of the things said on these boards or insults and granted I'm guilty of it are just plain rude and would never be repeated in person.

It's easy to cower behind your computer screen and attack someone. It's not right though.

A lot of the douchey posters on here have been here for awhile and feel like they know everything and so on.. Granted some newbies are douches too, but there's cliques on here as well.

I've been lurking these boards since I was 14. Only started posted last year. I've seen some douchey people though.
To be fair, I'm a dick in real life too.

Old
05-09-2013, 12:49 PM
elnewby
We got em'!

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...ospect-awards/

HF hands out awards to MNWILD prospects.

Old
05-09-2013, 03:38 PM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyMcCormick View Post
And I'm a bi-polar, unfunny besserwisser in real life, too.

No, really. Ask TZM, he's met me.

05-09-2013, 03:52 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generic User View Post

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
Old
05-09-2013, 04:36 PM
TZM
Par too easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puhis View Post
And I'm a bi-polar, unfunny besserwisser in real life, too.

No, really. Ask TZM, he's met me.
No, he's not. He's a nice fella.

Old
05-09-2013, 04:39 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyMcCormick View Post
Haha so am I.

In other news we signed Bussieres.

Old
05-09-2013, 04:46 PM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZM View Post
No, he's not. He's a nice fella.
Aaaw, thank you.

Old
05-09-2013, 04:50 PM
TZM
Par too easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puhis View Post
Aaaw, thank you.
You remember the deal, right? In cash, please.

On topic: Dumba is a prospect.

Old
05-09-2013, 05:05 PM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZM View Post
You remember the deal, right? In cash, please.

On topic: Dumba is a prospect.
Yeah, sure.

And on topic, I think Dumba has a great chance of becoming 2nd pairing guy for us. I don't see him on 1st pairing, that will be Suter and Brodin for YEARS to come, but Dumba has a great chance of cracking our 2nd pairing as I said.

The problem is that both him and Gunnarsson are righties. With Spurgeon being on roster for years to come (hopefully), there would be 3 righties on 2 pairings.

They could of course break up Suter and Brodin, who are both lefties, but... I don't think that's gonna happen. But let's pretend they try it:

Suter - Gunnarsson
Brodin - Dumba
Scandella - Spurgeon

That would leave us "1A" and "1B" pairings, thus reducing each players' individual work load. I see Gunnarsson, as a prospect, very similar to Brodin. He is a good skater for his size (6' 4"), also has a good hockey IQ and plays the game similar to Brodin. Of course, we don't know the level he's at, but let's hope Wild signs him on ELC ASAP and he can come over to Iowa so we can see him a bit better.

Also, Gunner is '92 born, meaning he is already a year older than Brodin, despite being drafted later, meaning he might be closer than we think.

Old
05-09-2013, 05:08 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

I don't think Gunner is ready yet.

Old
05-09-2013, 05:11 PM
Stopping Pucks
Dont stop the curlys

vCash: 5000
I don't think Granlund was that amazing to begin with. Honestly just like Bouchard. I like Granlund, he's not NHL ready, and when he is, who knows if he is capable of putting up more than 10-20 goals at best?

Old
05-09-2013, 05:13 PM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
I don't think Gunner is ready yet.
Of course he isn't ready yet, but if he does well on the camp, I see him signed to an ELC and sent to Iowa for a year or two. Big D-men with great puck movement and offensive skills don't come in buckets.

Old
05-09-2013, 05:16 PM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDZx View Post
I don't think Granlund was that amazing to begin with. Honestly just like Bouchard. I like Granlund, he's not NHL ready, and when he is, who knows if he is capable of putting up more than 10-20 goals at best?
He made it into one of the best teams in FEL when he was 17. If he looks like a young kid now, imagine how he looked back then? His growth has been amazing to watch, and I'm saying this as a fan of another FEL team altogether. He was one of they key figures in Finland's 2011 World Championship, culminating in that famous lacrosse goal that made it as a ****ing postage stamp in Finland. He was also one of the most important players in HIFK's roster when they won the FEL championship in that same year.

It's no stretch to say that he might be one of our most hyper, and best, prospects in the last decade.

Old
05-09-2013, 05:19 PM
Minnesota
L'étoile du Nord

vCash: 1527
I'd like to see Medvec get a shot on the bottom pairing if Scandella can't keep things together.

Old
05-09-2013, 06:01 PM
Blizzard6411
#benchstoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestonedkoala View Post
To be quite honest, ever since Granlund became an International Super Star and we signed Parise and Suter, this board has gone downhill and fast. Wild fans are becoming as whiny and opinionated as Leaf and Canadian fans and are even border lining some of the Oiler fans.

I've scaled back a lot of my posts simply because of trolls and whiny fans here on HF and I've been here a lot longer than what it says on my tag (over 10 years now). I haven't seen a board get this toxic since the Wild boards shuffled over to under the NHL banner.

Some of us have a disagreement with how the organization is being ran or we see things differently but people continue attack us and put up flimsy arguments. Not to mention our perception on other boards, which I find depressing that the Wild fans have gotten that bad. Wild fans are definitely living up to their name of being Canadian lite.
Do you even realize how many people put you on ignore because you had gone beyond the level of trolling? You posted non-stop for a week straight saying the same damn negative **** over and over and over and you are shocked that people finally got fed up with it?

Put up flimsy arguments? In other words if you don't agree with STK then your argument is flimsy!

Look in a mirror before you say anything about other posters and their behavior!

Old
05-09-2013, 06:03 PM
Blizzard6411
#benchstoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota View Post
I'd like to see Medvec get a shot on the bottom pairing if Scandella can't keep things together.
All this talk about 2nd pairing and I think you are the first to mention Scandella.

If he plays next season the way he has in this Chicago Scandella is going to be a solid 2nd pairing dman

Closed Thread