HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

what happened to Tarasov and Puurula ?

Closed Thread

Old
01-02-2004, 09:32 AM
Maithz

vCash:
what happened to Tarasov and Puurula ?

They were supposed to be future NHLer , I remember people was talking about Puurula like a future no.1 goalie

anyone know ?

Old
01-02-2004, 10:19 AM
penopekoo

vCash: 500
They're playing in their respetive European leagues. Both are playing pretty well, but with each passing year it becomes less and less likely that we'll be able to reel them over to North America. We don't really have a goaltending problem, so with Theo and Garon in net in Montreal, Puurula and/or Tarasov would have to play in the AHL for at least a few years... why would they want to leave Europe for an AHL salary?

Perhaps Puurula might get picked up later because he's still pretty young, but Tarasov I think is no longer peak prospect age. Correct me if I'm wrong...

Old
01-02-2004, 11:17 AM
Mackee

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Tarasov play for the Citadelles for a year or two before returning to Russia? I'm pretty sure he's out of the picture now.

Old
01-02-2004, 01:10 PM
penopekoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooBlancRouge
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Tarasov play for the Citadelles for a year or two before returning to Russia? I'm pretty sure he's out of the picture now.
This is correct.
I don't think he played poorly or anything, there just isn't room for him...

Old
01-02-2004, 03:32 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Puurula after being named the starter last year at 21 on one of the top teams in the sm-liiga, who after having a great regular season, didn't do as good in the playoffs. I was told that Puurula let in some soft goals in the playoffs, but when this season started, he was replaced as the starter by Rob Tallas, then he was injured in his first game on the first shot. He has since come back, and put up very good numbers, but the problem is Tallas is doing the same.

In 15 games for Puurula,

15 800.07 26 358 2 6 4 4 1,95 93,23

Tarasov is 27 and no longer a prospect. I thought he played well when he was in Quebec after he came back from a long injury, but from what I heard he was unhappy with not getting any ice time in the playoffs, and I agreed, as he played well going into the playoffs and Garon was shaky against Hamilton as they lost all 3 games. (also I heard that his wife didn't like living over here, but that's just hearsay)

Tarasov didn't have a great season last year for Metallurg Met. but he was named to the Russian Senior National team, but didn't play much at all. This year he's doing better, but I'd be completely shocked if he ever came back, although I'd be happy if he did.

Old
01-02-2004, 04:11 PM
Joe Malone

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
Puurula after being named the starter last year at 21 on one of the top teams in the sm-liiga, who after having a great regular season, didn't do as good in the playoffs. I was told that Puurula let in some soft goals in the playoffs, but when this season started, he was replaced as the starter by Rob Tallas, then he was injured in his first game on the first shot. He has since come back, and put up very good numbers, but the problem is Tallas is doing the same.

In 15 games for Puurula,

15 800.07 26 358 2 6 4 4 1,95 93,23
Speaking of Rob Tallas, I read this on habfans.com. Sorry, no link.

Former NHL goalie Rob Tallas has been playing here in Finland the last couple of years. He had problems with his heart earlier this season. The doctors allowed him to continue practicing a couple of weeks ago but after the first game he played he had a heart attack. After the game he said everything felt allright. It shouldnt be life threatening but his career is over.

Closed Thread