Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

2013 CSR List

Old
05-07-2013, 09:26 AM
ClemQ

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBHockey View Post
That being said, he was still the best 97 DMan we saw in the Midget league this year. Had Thompson been in the league perhaps he would have shown he was better than Deschense. Like Adam I am interested in the other rounds, the first round was very predictable. Anyone think the NB kids will move up the rankings? Will NS kids go down?
the problem with that statement is that being the best 97 dman from NB doesnt make you a good Q player. Jamie bishop was probably the best 93 during his draft year....i dont think i have to say anymore on that topic

ClemQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2013, 09:28 AM
NBHockey
finish your checks

Quote:
Originally Posted by localfan View Post
Why would the NS kids go down? Are they not as good as the NB kids? Just wondering what you meant by that comment?
Well I was told they didn't perform under the pressure, they had a poor showing at this event from what I can read and what one or two have told me. I wan't there, but the numbers would support it. This was the first time many of these kids faced the same competition at the same time, the NS kids didn't do as well as many would have suggested earlier, the NB kids did.

NBHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2013, 10:39 AM
NBHockey
finish your checks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemQ View Post
the problem with that statement is that being the best 97 dman from NB doesnt make you a good Q player. Jamie bishop was probably the best 93 during his draft year....i dont think i have to say anymore on that topic
Yes, fair comment, but he is still going to be drafted and get his shot at showing what he can do at the next level.

NBHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2013, 11:33 AM
ClemQ

Quote:
Yes, fair comment, but he is still going to be drafted and get his shot at showing what he can do at the next level.
oh absolutely. And just so were clear, i might be posting my opinion of how a certain kid plays or how he will develop, but, i sincerely wish them all the best. There is nothing i like best than seeing kids having success!

Old
05-07-2013, 11:49 AM
hockeyman99

Well who were the top five for nova scotia?

hockeyman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2013, 12:26 PM
localfan

Anyone have any predictions for 1996 players from NS for the top 5 rounds?

localfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2013, 01:25 PM
IAMCANADIAN

Why the delay?

Anyone have an idea why the QMJHL has not yet released the 2013 draft rankings beyond round one as of yet?

The QMJHL site says it will be made available today, but nothing yet. Is it time specific?

Thanks

IAMCANADIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2013, 01:28 PM
Cut and Dry Sports
@TA_Stephenson

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyman99 View Post
Well who were the top five for nova scotia?
None were ranked in the 1st round (top 18) Only two NB kids, and Noel from NFLD. Tower and Pickard will probably be the first two Nova Scotians on the list in the early/middle second round when the rest of the list is released.

Cut and Dry Sports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2013, 02:28 PM
localfan

Full list is now posted to the website

Old
05-07-2013, 02:42 PM
Scarecrow Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cut and Dry Sports View Post
None were ranked in the 1st round (top 18) Only two NB kids, and Noel from NFLD. Tower and Pickard will probably be the first two Nova Scotians on the list in the early/middle second round when the rest of the list is released.
Colby Tower was ranked 4th round lol so is Picco

Scarecrow Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2013, 02:48 PM
hockeyman99

Unranked Alex MacDonald and Luc Poirier from NS... Too small, or not good enough?

hockeyman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2013, 04:15 PM
localfan

Luc is listed in the "others" section...I think MacDonald is too. As long as they are on the list they can be drafted.

Old
05-07-2013, 04:47 PM
Scarecrow Boat

Quote:
Luc is listed in the "others" section...I think MacDonald is too. As long as they are on the list they can be drafted.
I don't think you have to be on the list to be drafted. If so that's a questionable decision by the Q lol

Old
05-07-2013, 06:34 PM
Hockey Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Tilander View Post
I don't think you have to be on the list to be drafted. If so that's a questionable decision by the Q lol
You need to be on the list to be drafted.

Teams were given time to add players they wanted to make eligible. If there is a 97 not on the final list....they can not be drafted...96's can be signed as a free agents.

Hockey Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2013, 07:37 PM
Cedream

The list didnt surprise me. Expect Gignac higher. sprong is higher on my list but since he didnt play MAAA i guess it have effect on his ranking

Cedream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2013, 07:39 PM
Cedream

Quote:
How was he at the Gatorade Challenge?

Saw him play in the final. The coach give him decent icetime. He finish with 1 goal and 1 assist. He was great as usual. Really explosive player. Most talented player offensively in the dract IMO. But the fact that he didnt play MAAA and that hes unidimensional put him at rank 6.

Old
05-07-2013, 08:14 PM
Scarecrow Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Buff View Post

Teams were given time to add players they wanted to make eligible. If there is a 97 not on the final list....they can not be drafted...96's can be signed as a free agents.
I thought they got rid of that thing years ago why would you bother adding a guy if you want him when you can just approach him right after the list is released and sign him

Old
05-08-2013, 06:42 AM
ClemQ

Quote:
I thought they got rid of that thing years ago why would you bother adding a guy if you want him when you can just approach him right after the list is released and sign him
its alway been like that. And it's like that in the other CHL leagues also. The 96's can only be signed after the draft, not after the list comes out. They are free to sign with any CHL team. They have to go through waivers if they sign in a league outside their territory, etc..etc, but they can sign with any CHL team.

Just as a side note to that - that rule (being able to sign as free agents if not drafted in your draft year), is also the reason why having players commit to either playing junior or college would never work. Kids would be told by their agent to commit to playing college, however, have them play junior A at 16/17 and then sign with the team of their choice anywhere in canada if they would change their minds and want to play junior. If they get picked up on waivers by a team they dont wish to report to, they can just choose not report!! Can you imagine the bidding war!!!
complete side note, but interesting nonetheless.

Old
05-08-2013, 06:58 AM
localfan

Quote:

I didn't realize the 96's could still be signed/asked to try out. Is that because it's their second draft year?

Old
05-08-2013, 04:04 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Some of the rules boggle my mind.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 08:42 PM
Cedream

Quote:
I didn't realize the 96's could still be signed/asked to try out. Is that because it's their second draft year?

I think its because its there last year of eligibility not sure

Old
05-08-2013, 11:25 PM
Cut and Dry Sports
@TA_Stephenson

Quote:
Colby Tower was ranked 4th round lol so is Picco
Way to low for his skill level, his size is clearly the main reason behind that. The kid will end up playing with a chip on his shoulder for his junior career like most high character kids his size do. If he actually does get drafted 4th round, some team will be lucky. I'm still betting he goes late 2nd or 3rd though. Probably, Halifax/Cape Breton/Moncton/PEI I'd say.

May not make a team right out of camp because he does need to develop physically to have an impact at this level. But he'll get there. He was a junior B call up after CBW's season ended and he was the best player on the ice during the NS Junior B championship series vs Sackville.

Cut and Dry Sports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 08:11 AM
hockey jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cut and Dry Sports View Post
Way to low for his skill level, his size is clearly the main reason behind that. The kid will end up playing with a chip on his shoulder for his junior career like most high character kids his size do. If he actually does get drafted 4th round, some team will be lucky. I'm still betting he goes late 2nd or 3rd though. Probably, Halifax/Cape Breton/Moncton/PEI I'd say.

May not make a team right out of camp because he does need to develop physically to have an impact at this level. But he'll get there. He was a junior B call up after CBW's season ended and he was the best player on the ice during the NS Junior B championship series vs Sackville.
I agree , I think Tower is a good player, a lot Atlantic kids never get ranked where they should.Most Atlantic kids never get scouted as much as the Quebec players do except by the Maritime teams ,when 2/3 of the teams are based in Quebec that would be expected.If you took the top 100 ranked players how much difference would there be between them, maybe not much except for the top 10 players.There will be kids rise and fall come draft day.

jmo

hockey jockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 07:10 AM
mrscout

Quote:

When you say teams were given time to add player's, do you mean Q teams or the team they played for during the season.

mrscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 07:50 AM
Hockey Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscout View Post
When you say teams were given time to add player's, do you mean Q teams or the team they played for during the season.
Teams interested in the player add them. There is a section on the CSR "added by teams"

Hockey Buff is offline   Reply With Quote