HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blues hosting Kings: More grind edition

Closed Thread

Old
05-09-2013, 12:01 AM
Mike Liut

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofSlashFoig View Post
Put him with a fricking number one center and let him run wild.

Too bad we only have 3 #3 centers and 1 #4 center

Old
05-09-2013, 12:01 AM
Vladys Gumption
Trap City

vCash: 500
Quote:
Put him with a fricking number one center and let him run wild.
Quite frankly, I trust Sobotka more than Backes right now. He's a man on a mission and he's playing some sick hockey. The way he's playing right now, he has a better chance of getting frank some space than Backes does. Although I would like to see what Feank and Schwartz can do together. It won't happen though.

Old
05-09-2013, 12:02 AM
Vladys Gumption
Trap City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Liut View Post
Give me a break. Backes is a number two center and a damn good one at that.

Old
05-09-2013, 12:02 AM
TimtheDJ84

vCash: 560
I want to see Russel back.in as well,his speed is an asset that could benefit the Blues. Why not? Go all in.

Old
05-09-2013, 12:03 AM
superblues
I'm being sarcastic.

Quote:
It's tough having a team with finishers when Hitch wants you throw pucks on net from every direction imaginable and pray for a rebound. You aren't teaching or emphasizing creativity playing this way. It's an ugly ass, boring, grinding style without creativity and I am losing interest in it quickly.
That isn't necessarily Hitch's job.

If you're bored with the Blues, the Hawks always have a sizable group of fans at the Scottrade when they're in town. You'd be in good company.

But seriously, please don't go. We'd miss you and you'd have to change your screen name.

Old
05-09-2013, 12:03 AM
Mike Liut

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimtheDJ84 View Post
I want to see Russel back.in as well,his speed is an asset that could benefit the Blues. Why not? Go all in.

He would struggle with LA's size and forecheck

Old
05-09-2013, 12:04 AM
TimtheDJ84

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue247 View Post
Quite frankly, I trust Sobotka more than Backes right now. He's a man on a mission and he's playing some sick hockey. The way he's playing right now, he has a better chance of getting frank some space than Backes does. Although I would like to see what Feank and Schwartz can do together. It won't happen though.
I was just thinking that, put Schwartz and Frank together. Let him feed off Schwartz,his tenacity,his ethic,his creativity.

Old
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne

Quote:
Backes is a #2, the rest are 3's and 4's.

If Army doesn't acquire a number one center this offseason, I am not looking forward to next season. Our team is so lacking offensively it's downright painful to watch.

Old
Mike Liut

Quote:
Originally Posted by superblues View Post
That isn't necessarily Hitch's job.

If you're bored with the Blues, the Hawks always have a sizable group of fans at the Scottrade when they're in town. You'd be in good company.

But seriously, please don't go. We'd miss you and you'd have to change your screen name.

haha, I'm not going anywhere. I just get pissed when the Blues lose.

Old
05-09-2013, 12:05 AM
TimtheDJ84

Quote:
Well, I wouldn't be opposed to carrying 7 D....

Old
05-09-2013, 12:05 AM
Mike Liut

Quote:
Backes is a #2, the rest are 3's and 4's.

If Army doesn't acquire a number one center this offseason, I am not looking forward to next season. Our team is so lacking offensively it's downright painful to watch.

They don't grow on trees and would require a massive overpayment.

Old
05-09-2013, 12:07 AM
superblues
I'm being sarcastic.

Quote:
Well, I wouldn't be opposed to carrying 7 D....
Our forwards couldn't handle the extra minutes and line juggling when Frank got benched the other night. No thanks.

Old
05-09-2013, 12:08 AM
Sushiko
Damn Blues

Quote:
Our team is so lacking offensively it's downright painful to watch.
Exactly, hard to watch, where the hell is it? Seems downright non-existant anymore.

Quote:
haha, I'm not going anywhere. I just get pissed when the Blues lose.
I am the same way, I threaten the same stuff & throw my tantrums, but I know I'm not going anywhere. There could never be another NHL team for me.

Old
05-09-2013, 12:09 AM
Mike Liut

LA is just a better version of the Blues. Same style with more skill, better centers and better goal tending.

Old
05-09-2013, 12:09 AM
Vladys Gumption
Trap City

Quote:
He did just fine last year. As a matter of fact I remember these boards praising him quite a bit. Even saying he was our best defenseman. Anybody is better than Leopold at this point.

Old
05-09-2013, 12:11 AM
Vladys Gumption
Trap City

Quote:
I was just thinking that, put Schwartz and Frank together. Let him feed off Schwartz,his tenacity,his ethic,his creativity.
Then again it'd be hard to break up steen and Schwartz. They've been dynamite.

Old
05-09-2013, 12:11 AM
superblues
I'm being sarcastic.

I think the important question we all need to be asking ourselves is.....

Half-assed or full-assed GDT for the next game???

Old
05-09-2013, 12:13 AM
illninofan*
Jimmies = Unrustled

Quote:
Originally Posted by superblues View Post
I think the important question we all need to be asking ourselves is.....

Half-assed or full-assed GDT for the next game???
Half.

If they're going out with a whimper, so are we.

Then again, we could go full just to spite them. Like just because they go out quietly, doesn't mean we have to.

Old
05-09-2013, 12:13 AM
BergMan
#BackesForSelke

Quote:
It's tough having a team with finishers when Hitch wants you throw pucks on net from every direction imaginable and pray for a rebound. You aren't teaching or emphasizing creativity playing this way. It's an ugly ass, boring, grinding style without creativity and I am losing interest in it quickly.
I think it is actually the other way around. Hitch has them play this style because we do not have players capable of consistently making these creative plays and top shelf snipes. Since we can't manage this kind of offense we just keep cycling and throwing pucks at the other goalie and hope we get a lucky break. We don't have all star forwards so hitch wont play them that way.

Old
05-09-2013, 12:21 AM
Mike Liut

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergMan View Post
I think it is actually the other way around. Hitch has them play this style because we do not have players capable of consistently making these creative plays and top shelf snipes. Since we can't manage this kind of offense we just keep cycling and throwing pucks at the other goalie and hope we get a lucky break. We don't have all star forwards so hitch wont play them that way.

You could be right. Maybe I over valued guys like Perron, Oshie, Berglund and Backes, who I thought had talent and would be perennial 25g scorers. It's sure not looking that way now. Looks like they are all 2nd and 3rd line type of players.

Old
05-09-2013, 12:22 AM
superblues
I'm being sarcastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergMan View Post
But this begs the question, why the lack of crashing the net, then? Why not keep a body or two in the slot for rebounds. A less skilled team can't get the snipe, but they can get rebounds. We have no problem getting the puck back to the points, but we can't seem to get anybody within 10 feet of the crease on a regular basis to capitalize on those point shots. We don't have any regular traffic, mucking up the area in front of the crease.

If we can't snipe, and we can't muck, how on Earth does Hitch plan on scoring?

Old
05-09-2013, 12:26 AM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

I understand the negativity, but I still feel that the Blues have been the better team in 4 out of the 5 games. I take that as a positive, and a testament to how strong this team is from top to bottom, and how GREAT Ken Hitchcock is as a coach. I still think we have a chance in this series, and if we do get beat, I wouldn't make any drastic changes just to get some new blood. This team as it is currently constructed can win it all in my opinion. We definitely need more from guys like Stewart, Perron, Oshie, and Backes, but they all have the capability to raise their game. We can win game 6, and then anything can happen in game 7. We need a full team effort, though.

Old
05-09-2013, 12:28 AM
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne

Quote:
They don't grow on trees and would require a massive overpayment.
So make an overpayment. We've got plenty of prospects and wingers, it's clear we need one, so why don't we try and address that need? Instead of feeling sorry for ourselves and complaining about our lack of offense. If there's a problem it should be attended to. If Armstrong is content with our roster than he's delusional. When the Avs acquired EJ, they were in desperate need of a #1 dman. You could say they overpayed for him, but they addressed a need.

Old
05-09-2013, 12:30 AM
Ollie Weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyMo35 View Post
I understand the negativity, but I still feel that the Blues have been the better team in 4 out of the 5 games. I take that as a positive, and a testament to how strong this team is from top to bottom, and how GREAT Ken Hitchcock is as a coach. I still think we have a chance in this series, and if we do get beat, I wouldn't make any drastic changes just to get some new blood. This team as it is currently constructed can win it all in my opinion. We definitely need more from guys like Stewart, Perron, Oshie, and Backes, but they all have the capability to raise their game. We can win game 6, and then anything can happen in game 7. We need a full team effort, though.
Very little of your team makeup needs to be changed. This is the most challenging series the Kings have experienced since the beginning of last year's playoffs. If you were playing anybody else I think the Blues would already be sitting on the couch waiting for Round 1 to wrap up.

Old
05-09-2013, 12:30 AM
superblues
I'm being sarcastic.

Quote:
So make an overpayment. We've got plenty of prospects and wingers, it's clear we need one, so why don't we try and address that need? Instead of feeling sorry for ourselves and complaining about our lack of offense. If there's a problem it should be attended to. If Armstrong is content with our roster than he's delusional. When the Avs acquired EJ, they were in desperate need of a #1 dman. You could say they overpayed for him, but they addressed a need.
And look how well that's worked out for them.

Closed Thread