HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blues hosting Kings: More grind edition

Closed Thread

Old
05-09-2013, 12:31 AM
Mike Liut

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofSlashFoig View Post
So make an overpayment. We've got plenty of prospects and wingers, it's clear we need one, so why don't we try and address that need? Instead of feeling sorry for ourselves and complaining about our lack of offense. If there's a problem it should be attended to. If Armstrong is content with our roster than he's delusional. When the Avs acquired EJ, they were in desperate need of a #1 dman. You could say they overpayed for him, but they addressed a need.

I'd be open to it. May cost us somebody like Shatty though

Old
05-09-2013, 12:33 AM
Mike Liut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Weeks View Post
Very little of your team makeup needs to be changed. This is the most challenging series the Kings have experienced since the beginning of last year's playoffs. If you were playing anybody else I think the Blues would already be sitting on the couch waiting for Round 1 to wrap up.

We will never beat you guys in a 7 game series without a legit #1 center. We are definitely more competitive this year, thankfully.

Old
05-09-2013, 12:44 AM
Vladys Gumption

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Weeks View Post
Very little of your team makeup needs to be changed. This is the most challenging series the Kings have experienced since the beginning of last year's playoffs. If you were playing anybody else I think the Blues would already be sitting on the couch waiting for Round 1 to wrap up.
Could you guys spare a Kopitar?

Old
05-09-2013, 12:54 AM
JustOneB4IDie
Everyone Overpayment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alklha View Post
Series over.
Agreed.

I did say Kings in 6, and it looks like it will come to fruition Friday Night.

Old
05-09-2013, 12:59 AM
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by superblues View Post
And look how well that's worked out for them.
At least they had the balls to address a need. You're content with our roster the way it is right now?

Old
05-09-2013, 01:02 AM
Thallis
We suck again!

Send a message via MSN to Thallis
Quote:
At least they had the balls to address a need. You're content with our roster the way it is right now?
Even if you don't think this roster is good enough, that doesn't mean we should do a stupid desperation move that would make us much worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedinBlueSince1972 View Post
Agreed.

I did say Kings in 6, and it looks like it will come to fruition Friday Night.
I said Kings in 5, does that mean I win?

Old
05-09-2013, 01:05 AM
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thallis View Post
Even if you don't think this roster is good enough, that doesn't mean we should do a stupid desperation move that would make us much worse.
Or it could make us much better, won't know till we don't try. Maybe I'm just sick and tired of seeing our team blow chance after chance, miss open net after open net, it's sickening at this point. Perhaps I'm being a bit radical in my approach, but change is needed.

Old
05-09-2013, 01:21 AM
Linus

http://25.media.tumblr.com/24625f539...a8pso1_500.gif

gif of Schwartz after the game.

Old
05-09-2013, 01:26 AM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
Love it. I hope he doesn't foolishly blame himself for that OT winner. He was really skating hard to catch back up to the play, and he disrupted it. Just an unlucky bounce. I think most of us would agree that he's had a hell of a series, even though he didn't record his first point until Game 5. I love the kid. He's going to be a good one.

Old
05-09-2013, 01:28 AM
stlblues9

Quote:
Originally Posted by illninofan View Post
Half.

If they're going out with a whimper, so are we.

Then again, we could go full just to spite them. Like just because they go out quietly, doesn't mean we have to.
Going out with a whimper would be getting blown out and being dominated. The Blues have fought all series and have scored 2 goals with under a minute left and one in ot. LA dominated the Blues all season and last years playoffs, this playoffs St. Louis has outplayed LA. They just aren't getting the breaks.

Old
05-09-2013, 01:57 AM
Halak Ness Monster

I didn't think I could feel much better about a loss than I did with Game 3 but I don't feel bad at all about this loss.

The Blues absolutely dominated the Kings.

At the end of the day, the Kings are just more talented. Kopitar and Carter are just light years ahead of the top forwards on the Blues. Heck Dustin Brown and Mike Richards are better as well. Justin Williams is also a far more accomplished player.

We just have to continue to outwork them and hope Jonathan Quick makes the mistake, like in Games 1 and 2, before Brian Elliott does.

I feel very positive about Game 6. They won't sit back with the season on the line. They are going to come out red hot and play that way for 50-55 minutes. The Kings will give some push back but I think the Blues handle it like in Game 3. We just have to solve Quick.

Old
05-09-2013, 02:08 AM
canucks95

Don't give up hope guys. As a neutral observer (though I am rooting for you guys lol) you have been playing some tremendous hockey and deserve to be up in this series imo.

If you can manage to get a few bounces I think you will push it to 7 and at that point it's anyone's game. Best of luck

Old
05-09-2013, 04:10 AM
Lead Role in a Cage

Kings fan here.

I lost hope after the first two games, watching the Blues winning in such a convincing fashion. Thankfully my fan loser mentality is not shared by the team that actually play.

Same goes for the Blues. They will play just as good of a game on Friday and anything could happen. The way you are playing I would not at all be surprised if you win the next two.

And lets say you don't win the next two games, I wouldn't make any greater changes for next season. I love the way the Blues plays. Extremely impressed and if you do win the next two, I'll cheer for you. Great team.

For people criticizing Backes. Seriously, he's a ****ing stud. And Hitchcock is one of the best in the business. Pretty much the last guy I would get rid of. But that's my opinion.

Good luck!

Last edited by MattyMo35: 05-09-2013 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Filter circumvention
Old
05-09-2013, 05:25 AM
nki

First off, you guys could still win the series. Second, your team looks a bit like Kings pre-Carter, one impact forward away from everyone settling into their proper roles.

Old
05-09-2013, 06:40 AM
stlweir

Could there be a worse example than the Avs addressing a need for a #1 D Man so they traded for EJ. After 2 seasons it has been a terrible trade for the Avs.

Old
05-09-2013, 06:43 AM
ManyIdeas

vCash: 1152
Lol this picture of Stewart and McDonald from last nights game:

Really shows how they've been playing.

Old
05-09-2013, 07:09 AM
superblues
I'm being sarcastic.

Quote:
No, I'm not content. A #1 center is a priority, but overpaying is just robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Old
05-09-2013, 07:27 AM
Vladys Gumption

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyMo35 View Post
Love it. I hope he doesn't foolishly blame himself for that OT winner. He was really skating hard to catch back up to the play, and he disrupted it. Just an unlucky bounce. I think most of us would agree that he's had a hell of a series, even though he didn't record his first point until Game 5. I love the kid. He's going to be a good one.
Exactly. If Elliott makes that save we'd be singing Schwartz's praises. He busted his ass to get back on that play. Voynov had a good 25 foot lead on him and Jaden caught him.

Old
05-09-2013, 09:01 AM
dr robbie
Let's Go Pens!

Not sure what others are saying on here, but that was a very well played, one-sided game for the Blues. I still can't believe they lost, but sometimes crap happens. I wouldn't feel at all disappointed if they bring a similar game in the next two games.

Old
05-09-2013, 09:18 AM
BlueAero

This team lacks players who can finish that LA possesses. I hate saying this but they're just a better team. Sorry but this is all over on Friday night and it's time for baseball.

Old
05-09-2013, 09:36 AM
bluesman11
Robert Johnson

vCash: 1111
I understand your frustration, I've been dispointed too many years to list. But this year the blame lands on the forwards missing open nets and just not FINISHING when they have had many more chances than the Kings.

The Kings have not been theirselves this series and The Blues should have already FINISHED them, it's not coaching it's The Blues aren't ready for prime time (but it's not over yet, except it don't look good) like I said before the series started, would these boys become men and for the most part they have grown they just still aren't able to FINISH the play and that's still not having enough experince in these situations. They're not ready yet even though they should have already won.

After the season hopefully there will be a deal for that center that could put them over the top. I know this is hard to believe but most of us older guys aren't surprised, I picked The Kings in 6. I'm more surprised about how well they have played in a very tough series. I know this is something else that's hard to believe but if they do not win this series, this is the type of experience they need with the help of the that true #1 center to start making deep runs into the playoffs. Let's just hope they get solid goaltending in the future.

Closed Thread