HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs' off-season moves (all trades, proposals & free agent talk here)

Closed Thread

Old
05-09-2013, 12:51 AM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckyToGally View Post
Where is Emelin?
Hopefully in Diaz's spot as he is traded or not re-signed. Then I would be happy with this roster.

Old
05-09-2013, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubercron9000 View Post
This years draft is important for the future. I wanted to pick Domi with our first but I think people will go crazy because he is small. But I think he is the next skinner/gallagher. Otherwise I would go with mueller or wennberg but they are out of reach at this point.

We all want toughness and I think we will soon get there. Beaulieu and Tinordi are big tough guys and that will help us in the near future.

Subban-Tinordi
Beaulieu-Emelin

These could be our top 4 and it looks pretty good. But for now we aren't ready yet to have them as our top 4. But IMO players like gorges become expendable, which open up options.

Our forwards get tricky because we don't seem to have any prospects that will soon be top 6 players other than Kristo.

Our forward line up looks like this

Gionta-plekanec-Bourque
Pacioretty-dehairnais-Ryder
Gallagher-Eller-Galchenyuk
Moen-White-Prust

What I'd like to see next year.

Bobby Ryan-Plekanec-Bourque
Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Prust-Eller-Moen
Armstrong-white-blunden

Subban-Tinordi
Emelin-Markov
Streit(UFA)-diaz

I'd trade Dehairnais, Gorges and a second for bobby ryan(I don't know if fair value lol). Trade Gionta for a 2nd to a team that would want him I guess.
Ryan would be nice but that package won't get him. You would need Eller and a 1st. Team is still way too soft. Need a big dman and new 4th line.

Old
05-09-2013, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habruti! View Post
The way I see it we are still at least another full season away from being contenders; I would rather the management to stay focus on re-stocking our farm and continue to develop our young guys slowly...

With no acquisition and perhaps the departure of Gionta we would have the following lineup. Which for me is one step ahead of what we had this year; And if I recalled it was not too shaby this year.

Gallchenyuk, Eller, Gallagher
Pacioretty, Plekanek, Bourque
Prust, Desharnais, Leblanc/Bournival/Kristo
Moen, Dumont, White
Armstrong

On D, I agree, Tinnordi is not quite ready for top minutes but He is IMO more then capable to handle minutes of a 5th Dmen.

Emelin, Subban (these guys log the top minutes 5 on 5)
Markov, Georges
Tinnordi, Diaz (let both of them grow together). I think come trade deadline you can move Markov, give more minutes to Tinnordi and Diaz and bring up Beaulieu to play with Georges as 5th and 6th dmen.
No playoffs with this lineup.

Old
05-09-2013, 12:59 AM
Traitor8

Buyout Kaberle
Don't resign Armstrong
Trade Weber for anything
Trade Gionta for anything
Trade Drewiske for anything
Trade Moen for anything
Trade Desharnais to any team for 2nd round pick 2013 or 2014
Trade Price and Bourque to Philadelphia for Simmonds, Talbot and Couturier
Sign Torres, Clowe and Clarkson

Eller-Plekaknec-Clarkson
Prust-Couturier-Simmonds
Clowe-Talbot-Torres
Dumont-Halpern-White

Tinordi-Subban
Markov-Emelin
Gorges-Diaz
Bouillon Beaulieu

We will not get pushed around anymore!

For goalies, attempt to do a three way trade (ask a western team to get Ryan Miller and send him to us for LeBlanc and picks). If this fails, sign Ray Emery to a short contract or make an offer sheet to Tukka Rask. If Luongo is bought out by Vancouver, get him!

Old
05-09-2013, 01:06 AM
SakuSauce
Drive for 25

Sign Stalberg, Bickell & Jagr...trade DD & Gionta

Bourque - Plekanec - Jagr
Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Stalberg - Eller - Bickell
Prust - White - Moen
Dumont

Tinordi - Subban
Markov - Emelin
Gorges - Diaz
Bouillon

Old
05-09-2013, 01:07 AM
Avim86

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1993 View Post
Hopefully in Diaz's spot as he is traded or not re-signed. Then I would be happy with this roster.
Diaz has 1 more year.

Old
05-09-2013, 01:08 AM
76ftw

vCash: 1907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traitor8 View Post
Buyout Kaberle
Don't resign Armstrong
Trade Weber for anything
Trade Gionta for anything
Trade Drewiske for anything
Trade Moen for anything
Trade Desharnais to any team for 2nd round pick 2013 or 2014
Trade Price and Bourque to Philadelphia for Simmonds, Talbot and Couturier
Sign Torres, Clowe and Clarkson

Eller-Plekaknec-Clarkson
Prust-Couturier-Simmonds
Clowe-Talbot-Torres
Dumont-Halpern-White

Tinordi-Subban
Markov-Emelin
Gorges-Diaz
Bouillon Beaulieu

We will not get pushed around anymore!

For goalies, attempt to do a three way trade (ask a western team to get Ryan Miller and send him to us for LeBlanc and picks). If this fails, sign Ray Emery to a short contract or make an offer sheet to Tukka Rask. If Luongo is bought out by Vancouver, get him!
We'll lose every game, but we won't get pushed around

Old
05-09-2013, 01:08 AM
Avim86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gally94 View Post

Prust - White - Moen
Dumont

Tinordi - Subban
Markov - Emelin
Gorges - Diaz
Bouillon
Lol Jagr is done...

Old
05-09-2013, 01:09 AM
Traitor8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76ftw View Post
We'll lose every game, but we won't get pushed around
Care to mention why we would lose every game?

Old
05-09-2013, 01:10 AM
Traitor8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gally94 View Post

Prust - White - Moen
Dumont

Tinordi - Subban
Markov - Emelin
Gorges - Diaz
Bouillon
Group of forwards ...so sofffffff

Old
05-09-2013, 01:10 AM
Flyinghab

Ok so the first thing I'd do is add Mike Rupp to our 4th line with Whitey and Colby. Pleks is a 2nd line centre so I'd try Eller as our number 1. He's been our best centre man during the playoffs. Time to see what he can do. Gally, Patches and Eller would line one. Pleks, Chuckie and Ryder would be my second line. If Ryder isn't resigned then a guy like Clarkson or Clowe. Our third line would be Prusty, Gio and Desharnais. Unfortunately we can't move that contract. So on D, I'd have Subbs and a guy like Orpik or Douglas Murray as our number 1 pairing. Second pairing Markov and Tinordi. We need a healthy Markov and he isn't getting younger. Third paring would be Gorges and Beaulieu. The Cube would be my 7th. I think it will be a very interesting off season. Till then Go Habs Go!

Old
05-09-2013, 01:12 AM
Flyinghab

I can't believe I forgot about Emelin. Markov and Emelin as our 2nd pairing and Tinordi with Gorges as our third pairing.

Old
05-09-2013, 01:14 AM
76ftw

Quote:
Care to mention why we would lose every game?
Well for one you're relying on way too much **** happen. And if we get rid of Price, we're screwed. the only way its possible we trade Price is if we're getting like 3 Edmonton firsts. He's almost unmovable tbh.

Old
05-09-2013, 01:19 AM
Traitor8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76ftw View Post
Well for one you're relying on way too much **** happen. And if we get rid of Price, we're screwed. the only way its possible we trade Price is if we're getting like 3 Edmonton firsts. He's almost unmovable tbh.
I'm not relying on any "****" to happen.

I replace Desharnais, Gionta and Ryder with guys who are BIG, tough but they can play hockey. Simmonds scored 15 goals this year. Clarkson scored 30 last year. Torres is fast and play on the PK. Talbot is solid on faceoffs and is very good on PK. The players im' getting are hockey players.

Budaj was 8-1-1 this year. Price hasn't been good this year and we still made the playoffs. If we replace Price with Luongo or Miller or Emery, the drop off will be more than made up by my forwards.

Old
05-09-2013, 01:26 AM
Flyinghab

Price wasn't bad this year, he was leading the league in wins until the last month before the playoffs. Yes he was bad in that last month and game one of the playoffs but he has been stellar since. Trading Price for an aging goalie like Luongo is not smart. Plus his contract would be worse than Gomez's contract.

Old
05-09-2013, 01:27 AM
Traitor8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyinghab View Post
Price wasn't bad this year, he was leading the league in wins until the last month before the playoffs. Yes he was bad in that last month and game one of the playoffs but he has been stellar since. Trading Price for an aging goalie like Luongo is not smart. Plus his contract would be worse than Gomez's contract.
Not touching Luongo's contract. I said if Vancouver buy him out, go for him, otherwise don't touch that contract!

Old
05-09-2013, 01:32 AM
Bieber fever

Any chance we get Wisniewski back with the habs ? Alway loved that guy. He has a 5,5 M$ cap hit tho...

Maybe for one of gorges or markov ?

Old
05-09-2013, 01:52 AM
ChoseLa

Blues wont be able to resign all their RFAs, if they decide to trade Stewart to make room, we should definitly try to be the team that gets him.

Old
05-09-2013, 02:35 AM
76ftw

Quote:
I'm not relying on any "****" to happen.

I replace Desharnais, Gionta and Ryder with guys who are BIG, tough but they can play hockey. Simmonds scored 15 goals this year. Clarkson scored 30 last year. Torres is fast and play on the PK. Talbot is solid on faceoffs and is very good on PK. The players im' getting are hockey players.

Budaj was 8-1-1 this year. Price hasn't been good this year and we still made the playoffs. If we replace Price with Luongo or Miller or Emery, the drop off will be more than made up by my forwards.
why would Philly give up Simmonds? We're not trading Price, so let's just drop that right now. Plus is Galchenyuk ready to be the number 1 centre? Eller is also a lot better at centre then he is on the wing.

Old
05-09-2013, 02:40 AM
Nicko999

vCash: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bieber fever View Post
Any chance we get Wisniewski back with the habs ? Alway loved that guy. He has a 5,5 M$ cap hit tho...

Maybe for one of gorges or markov ?
Jeez...

Old
05-09-2013, 03:53 AM
25get

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1993 View Post
Diaz has showed great promises last season and improved this year.

I think you are quite fast to trade a d-men who went from 16 points in 59 games to more than .5 ppg (Diaz was 16th in ppg this season).
Especially a right handed d-men.

Balancing our physical d-men (Subban, Emelin and Tinordi):
  • Markov-Subban (great PP duo).
  • Emelin-Diaz (could be good as 2nd PP and second PK).
  • Tinordi-Gorges (great PK duo).
  • Bouillon
We are also good as Emelin, Gorges and Tinordi can play on the right.

This is a 17M rooster which is 26% of our Scap.

May I remind that this defense was one of the best in the league before Emelin was injured (actually it was with Bouillon but Tinordi looks to have more potential in our line-up...).

Next season will allow us to ease-in Beaulieu in the line-up if injuries happens.
Also will allow us to see if Markov can regain his previous form with a 82 games season (or give him time to rest for the PO).

We should be OK on the defense for next season.

BTW, if you want a physical d-men or forward, there will be plenty available in august at a cheap price.

The decrease in SCap will have a very big impact on the league next season. There will be a lot of very good deals available: many will sign for a year after a few weeks.
Looking at this list, I see Clarkson, Clowe, Smith, Stalberg, Bozak, Bordeleaua nd a few others getting better salary.

The next season will have a very special dynamic given the lockout (many players signed for one year) and the decrease in SCap.
Just sort the list by clicking on age and you will see.

I am not sure the decision of having 24 players already signed is the best one but we will certainly start the season very well next season given our stability.
Just look at the list of Scap for next season, shows us the problems that many team will face: Flyers, Canucks, TBL, Bos, SJS, LAK, Pens, etc.

This summer will be very interesting. The are 12 teams like Tor, NYI, Yotes, Jets, Kings, and similar have between 11 and 16 players signed. Only three of them are below salary floor.
Add another 5 teams with 17 players signed.

There are many variables in the upcoming season but Diaz will be in our team next season. Unless we are offered an extraodinary deal, trading Diaz would be an error. He deserves to have another season to allow him to show all the promises he has already shown us.

Last edited by 25get: 05-09-2013 at 04:23 AM.
Old
05-09-2013, 04:24 AM
Draft

Talking about this in another thread, thought I'd bring it up here.

Tomas Plekanec for Bobby Ryan

Obvious concerns about center depth after the trade. We'd potentially have lost two of our best 5/5 two-way players (Gionta IR, Plek trade) and PKers for next year. Is Eller ready for the defensive assignments? Is there a forward we can sign to balance out this loss? Desharnais can play top line offensive minutes as he did this year and last.

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Ryan
Bourque-Eller-Gallagher
Prust-Galchenyuk-XXXX

Prust, Bourque, Eller, and even Gallagher can play on the PK.

Acquiring Ryan would increase some toughness in the top-6 as well as bring in a proven 30 goal scorer. Losing Plekanec would be big but this is the type of return the team would need to compensate his loss. Would change the face of the team as Plekanec runs everything for us. Most player would have to step up. Worried about the change but excited about the possibility of bringing back an equally big impact player.

Old
05-09-2013, 05:00 AM
25get

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
Talking about this in another thread, thought I'd bring it up here.

Tomas Plekanec for Bobby Ryan

Obvious concerns about center depth after the trade. We'd potentially have lost two of our best 5/5 two-way players (Gionta IR, Plek trade) and PKers for next year. Is Eller ready for the defensive assignments? Is there a forward we can sign to balance out this loss? Desharnais can play top line offensive minutes as he did this year and last.

Bourque-Eller-Gallagher
Prust-Galchenyuk-XXXX

Prust, Bourque, Eller, and even Gallagher can play on the PK.

Acquiring Ryan would increase some toughness in the top-6 as well as bring in a proven 30 goal scorer. Losing Plekanec would be big but this is the type of return the team would need to compensate his loss. Would change the face of the team as Plekanec runs everything for us. Most player would have to step up. Worried about the change but excited about the possibility of bringing back an equally big impact player.
We are not ready to replace Plekanec, Eller is able to take Plek duties in SH and PP (maybe) but he is not there for face-off.
The only centers that we have who are OK for face-off are White and Dumont.

Ryan would be great but giving up Plek would mean to give up a PP, SH center who can take any face-off. (Ryan did 3 seconds SH TOI per game ).
Both have similar production but Plek can play much more SH time.

I love your idea of getting a strong PF like Ryan but Plek still seems better to me... Plek can play PP, SH and ES but Ryan only does PP and ES.
Offense: Ryan .76ppg, Plek .66 ppg, I choose Plek: he will save us 8 points more than Ryan (that is 1 point every 10 games).

Old
05-09-2013, 05:03 AM
Habitant le colon
Un partisan

Big news Gionta will miss a part of next season another 5.000 to get a foward

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/canadiens/f...atine-1.618656 :

«Gionta subira une intervention chirurgicale vendredi afin de réparer une déchirure au biceps gauche. La saison dernière, Gionta avait raté la majeure partie de la saison en raison d'une opération au biceps droit.»

Old
05-09-2013, 05:47 AM
Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24get View Post
We are not ready to replace Plekanec, Eller is able to take Plek duties in SH and PP (maybe) but he is not there for face-off.
The only centers that we have who are OK for face-off are White and Dumont.

Ryan would be great but giving up Plek would mean to give up a PP, SH center who can take any face-off. (Ryan did 3 seconds SH TOI per game ).
Both have similar production but Plek can play much more SH time.

I love your idea of getting a strong PF like Ryan but Plek still seems better to me... Plek can play PP, SH and ES but Ryan only does PP and ES.
Offense: Ryan .76ppg, Plek .66 ppg, I choose Plek: he will save us 8 points more than Ryan (that is 1 point every 10 games).
Player for player, It's a very difficult trade to smooth out. They bring two entirely different roles to the table and it's difficult to put one over the other. Just looking over the Free Agents list, a couple players jump out at me as potential filler. Stephen Weiss (Habs management has wanted him for forever), Saku Koivu (perhaps too old), Nik Antropov, Patrick Elias (old), and Simon Gagne (fragile). All of them bring something similar to what Plekanec brings. Obviously none are at his level but each bring good two way play and offensive ability. Stephen Weiss would be my #1 target as his level of play is still top-notch and can slide to wing if needed.

Weiss-Eller-Bourque
Prust-Galchenyuk-Gallagher

If we're not good to get Clarkson, Clowe, Bickell etc. I'd honestly look at Dustin Penner. His play has fallen off hugely but he's still got some game left in him. Might be an interesting addition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitant le colon View Post
Big news Gionta will miss a part of next season another 5.000 to get a foward

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/canadiens/f...atine-1.618656 :

«Gionta subira une intervention chirurgicale vendredi afin de réparer une déchirure au biceps gauche. La saison dernière, Gionta avait raté la majeure partie de la saison en raison d'une opération au biceps droit.»
That's not really something to cheer about

Closed Thread