HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Taylor Pyatt

Old
04-24-2013, 10:46 AM
Joe11

vCash: 500
Anyone notice in pregame interview, they asked Pyatt why he suddenly started getting some points in recent games.

His answer - I'm playing on a line with skilled players. Wonder if Mr. Boyle heard that?

Joe11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 01:47 PM
Vitto79

Pyatt has been streaky his whole career. he did the same thing last yr in Phonix, crap in the regular season then a force in the playoffs......lets hope he does the same this yr

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 03:40 AM
JeffMangum
~anger~

vCash: 50
Guess who has a five game point streak.

04-26-2013, 09:29 AM
JohnC
#FreeSteve

I'm tellin you, it's the Kreider Theory. Taken off the offensive black hole line? Points for everyone!!

JohnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 12:14 PM
SlingshotVv
nerdy wrist-locks

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingshotVv View Post
How many shifts have you seen Pyatt with Stepan this season? Or Richards? Nash? Cally? Gaborik? Pyatt has logged ice-time with mostly NYR slugs all season long and people here want to evaluate him as non-contributing.
He's no superstar, but I knew getting him away from the NYR slugs would turn him into something close to a weapon.

SlingshotVv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 12:16 PM
SlingshotVv
nerdy wrist-locks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
Pyatt has been streaky his whole career. he did the same thing last yr in Phonix, crap in the regular season then a force in the playoffs......lets hope he does the same this yr
Actually he's produced quite well when he's been put with skill players, and fell into a black hole when playing with (barely) warm bodies. That really isn't streaky. I mean outside of absolute elite level superstars, everyone falls into a black hole when there isn't any serious pro talent around them.

SlingshotVv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 12:22 PM
SA16
Two by two...

Been over this a million times. You can't be a 20-30 point player and not be streaky...it's just randomness. I mean do you expect a 20 point player to score exactly 1 point every 4 games? Because if not then he is going to have streaks.

SA16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 06:41 AM
Cresto
In the pantry

His board work is a solid B+
His speed and defensive maneuvering is kind of like a starter car in a racing game. Top speed and mobility isn't great and has questionable acceleration but when the effort is there and the play is consistent, races and battles can be won. A key assist in tonight's game and a few clears which are so important in this cycling possession game we allow WSH to play.

Cresto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 08:52 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCresty View Post
His board work is a solid B+
His speed and defensive maneuvering is kind of like a starter car in a racing game. Top speed and mobility isn't great and has questionable acceleration but when the effort is there and the play is consistent, races and battles can be won. A key assist in tonight's game and a few clears which are so important in this cycling possession game we allow WSH to play.
He has played MUCH better as of late. Using his size both along the boards and hitting people. He needs to continue playing this way.

Again, the thread has gone silent because he has been good.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 10:45 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
He has played MUCH better as of late. Using his size both along the boards and hitting people. He needs to continue playing this way.

Again, the thread has gone silent because he has been good.
He ko'd Ovechkin with a beautiful center ice open ice hit, he played hard all night and was very physical, good game for him

Mio41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 12:23 PM
JohnC
#FreeSteve

Marshmallow Man's making me eat my words

JohnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 05:18 PM
Cresto
In the pantry

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcman View Post
Marshmallow Man's making me eat my words
I wanted Pyatt to do well when he signed way back when in the summer. I loved the start he had, too bad he wasn't made a hero in those games where he scored 3 goals, you know, with our rough start and all.

He's possibly been our most effective bottom 6 guy all season. The fact that Torts doesn't complain about him says a bit about his bottom 6 role.

Old
05-09-2013, 05:23 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCresty View Post
I wanted Pyatt to do well when he signed way back when in the summer. I loved the start he had, too bad he wasn't made a hero in those games where he scored 3 goals, you know, with our rough start and all.

He's possibly been our most effective bottom 6 guy all season. The fact that Torts doesn't complain about him says a bit about his bottom 6 role.
Im curious to see what would make you think this. Does he win by default because the rest of the bottom 6 was a revolving door?

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 05:31 PM
Cresto
In the pantry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Im curious to see what would make you think this. Does he win by default because the rest of the bottom 6 was a revolving door?
I might want to edit effective to something like consistent at executing his bottom 6 roles. He's like toast on a plate of breakfast. Not the flashiest and doesn't do any PK or PP or get crunch time ice time but with the 10 minutes that he gets, he does all the things that a role guy does minus the physicality you expect out of a guy with his size 6 goals is like... ~40% of all the goals that our bottom 6 guys (13 different guys) scored all season + he's never really at the crux of defensive breakdowns, penalties or errant plays/giveaways. Toast on a plate. It's not bacon or sausage but it's a big part of a balanced breakfast. With all 48 games played too, he's been one of the only guys that stayed in the lineup and did his job through the most of it.

I'm working under the assumption that potential top 6 forwards are not bottom 6 guys e.g. Hagelin, Zucc etc.

Old
05-22-2013, 11:02 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

One of two Rangers who showed up last night, the other 18 should have stayed home

Mio41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 12:51 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio41 View Post
One of two Rangers who showed up last night, the other 18 should have stayed home
the only 5 players that played well last night besides Hank

Dorsett (did his job and went after Marchand)
Brassard (would have had some assists if the players he was passing too didnt fumble the puck like a hand grenade)
Stepan (not a great game but was one of the better players)
Stralman (was ok till he got hurt)
Pyatt (was one of the better players throughout the whole game)

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 12:54 PM
Krampus
Call me Nils

This guy actually knows how to screen the opposing goalie, and not our own.

Get him on the pp instead of Boyle

05-22-2013, 12:59 PM
OverTheCap

He's physical, can win board battles, screens the goalie, isn't afraid to deliver or take a hit.

He knows how to play postseason hockey. Some of his teammates should take note...

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 01:07 PM
NYR Viper

I would still like to see him moved in the off-season. Just very bland. Not overly physical. Very hot or cold (mostly cold), rather slow, not great defensively. He was supposed to provide 15 goals. Is he can do that, he is worth it with his other shortcomings.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 01:54 PM
sark76
HFBoards Sponsor

Now that more time has passed since this tread has been posted.....I think it's fair to say that he IS in fact the most useless player in the last decade. Sure some players might have done less...but this guy has been averaging almost 10 mins a night. He is the definition of "Invisible" as used in sports terms.

sark76 is offline   Reply With Quote