HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs' off-season moves (all trades, proposals & free agent talk here)

Closed Thread

Old
05-09-2013, 04:52 AM
Habitant le colon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
Player for player, It's a very difficult trade to smooth out. They bring two entirely different roles to the table and it's difficult to put one over the other. Just looking over the Free Agents list, a couple players jump out at me as potential filler. Stephen Weiss (Habs management has wanted him for forever), Saku Koivu (perhaps too old), Nik Antropov, Patrick Elias (old), and Simon Gagne (fragile). All of them bring something similar to what Plekanec brings. Obviously none are at his level but each bring good two way play and offensive ability. Stephen Weiss would be my #1 target as his level of play is still top-notch and can slide to wing if needed.

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Ryan
Weiss-Eller-Bourque
Prust-Galchenyuk-Gallagher

If we're not good to get Clarkson, Clowe, Bickell etc. I'd honestly look at Dustin Penner. His play has fallen off hugely but he's still got some game left in him. Might be an interesting addition.

That's not really something to cheer about
I don't want to be rude but it's time to change and heil Captain is done to me so yeah I cheer for a 5.000 free cap ... but your right it's sad for Gio who is a fierce player and a great leader but the team need to go foward ...

Old
05-09-2013, 05:52 AM
25get

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
Player for player, It's a very difficult trade to smooth out. They bring two entirely different roles to the table and it's difficult to put one over the other. Just looking over the Free Agents list, a couple players jump out at me as potential filler. Stephen Weiss (Habs management has wanted him for forever), Saku Koivu (perhaps too old), Nik Antropov, Patrick Elias (old), and Simon Gagne (fragile). All of them bring something similar to what Plekanec brings. Obviously none are at his level but each bring good two way play and offensive ability. Stephen Weiss would be my #1 target as his level of play is still top-notch and can slide to wing if needed.

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Ryan
Weiss-Eller-Bourque
Prust-Galchenyuk-Gallagher

If we're not good to get Clarkson, Clowe, Bickell etc. I'd honestly look at Dustin Penner. His play has fallen off hugely but he's still got some game left in him. Might be an interesting addition.

That's not really something to cheer about
So you basically have DD-Eller-Galchenyuk to take care of all face-offs and defense.
Weiss would be the 4th...

Not working! Weiss can not replace Plek...
At least Koivu can take a FO but can he be a top PK center at this point in his career?

Old
05-09-2013, 06:00 AM
25get

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitant le colon View Post
I don't want to be rude but it's time to change and heil Captain is done to me so yeah I cheer for a 5.000 free cap ... but your right it's sad for Gio who is a fierce player and a great leader but the team need to go foward ...
Your choice: Kaberle or Gionta...

Next year, SCap is going down.
Are you going to trade him for a bag of pucks?

How are you going to replace Gionta's 25 goals?

Old
05-09-2013, 06:03 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyinghab View Post
Ok so the first thing I'd do is add Mike Rupp to our 4th line with Whitey and Colby. Pleks is a 2nd line centre so I'd try Eller as our number 1. He's been our best centre man during the playoffs. Time to see what he can do. Gally, Patches and Eller would line one. Pleks, Chuckie and Ryder would be my second line. If Ryder isn't resigned then a guy like Clarkson or Clowe. Our third line would be Prusty, Gio and Desharnais. Unfortunately we can't move that contract. So on D, I'd have Subbs and a guy like Orpik or Douglas Murray as our number 1 pairing. Second pairing Markov and Tinordi. We need a healthy Markov and he isn't getting younger. Third paring would be Gorges and Beaulieu. The Cube would be my 7th. I think it will be a very interesting off season. Till then Go Habs Go!
How can Eller be "our best centre man during the playoffs" when he basically hasn't played?

Plus Tinordi is struggling on the 3rd pair and you want to move him up to the 2nd pair.

Old
05-09-2013, 06:04 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24get View Post
Your choice: Kaberle or Gionta...

Next year, SCap is going down.
Are you going to trade him for a bag of pucks?

How are you going to replace Gionta's 25 goals?
...but we need new leadership because this year was such a failure.

Old
05-09-2013, 06:24 AM
Habitant le colon

Team sheet exemple

I'm in vacancy and I can't sleep ... too much nervous for habs. So I start to do a little thing, here it is use it to show your 2013-14 Habs

I use the 2012-13 team here :

FOWARDS : (28.705)

Ryder - Plekanec - Gionta
(3.500) - (5.000) - (5.000)
6f00 198 lbs - 5f11 196 lbs - 5f07 174 lbs

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gallagher
(1.625) - (0.850) - (0.870)
6f02 219 lbs - 5f07 177 lbs - 5p09 178 lbs

Prust - Eller - Galchenyuk
(2.500) - (1.325) - (3.225)
6f02 195 lbs - 6f02 209 lbs - 6f01 196 lbs

Moen - Halpern - White
(1.850) - (0.700) - (0.688)
6f02 218 lbs 6f00 190 lbs - 6f00 194 lbs

Dumont - Armstrong
(0.572) - (1.000)
5f09 170 lbs 6f02 185 lbs

DEFENCEMEN : (19.208)

Markov Emelin
(5.750) - (2.000)
6f00 204 lbs - 6f02 219 lbs

Gorges Subban
(3.900) - (2.875)
6f01 203 lbs - 6f00 216 lbs

Bouillon Tinordi
(1.500) - (1.083)
5f08 197 lbs - 6f06 205 lbs

Diaz Weber
(1.250) - (0.850)
5f11 197 lbs - 5f11 200 lbs

GOALTENDING (7.650)

Price
(6.500)
6f03 209 lbs

Budaj
(1.150)
6f01 195 lbs

TOTAL : (55.563)

PS : cheer for all they have achieve so far

Old
05-09-2013, 06:38 AM
Masuli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
...but we need new leadership because this year was such a failure.
No. This season was in anyway a failure. We overachieved in so many ways. Did we win the cup? No, but expected us to. But we did win the division and clinch second seed in conference which was heck of a achievement from a team who finished 15th last year.

Old
05-09-2013, 07:26 AM
yianik

We could have this:
Markov Subban
Emelin Diaz
Tinordi Gorges
Cubes

Or, we could try to move Diaz and try for something like this :
Grossman Subban
Markov Emelin
Tinordi Gorges
Cubes

I know the pairings have guys on their wrong side, the point is to compare a 3 PMD backend against a 2 PMD backend with the addition of a big shutdown D-man. Which looks better ? i

Old
05-09-2013, 07:38 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masuli View Post
No. This season was in anyway a failure. We overachieved in so many ways. Did we win the cup? No, but expected us to. But we did win the division and clinch second seed in conference which was heck of a achievement from a team who finished 15th last year.
I think your sarcasm meeter is turned off.

Old
05-09-2013, 07:40 AM
Masuli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
I think your sarcasm meeter is turned off.
Heh might be

Old
05-09-2013, 07:42 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by yianik View Post
We could have this:
Markov Subban
Emelin Diaz
Tinordi Gorges
Cubes

Or, we could try to move Diaz and try for something like this :
Grossman Subban
Markov Emelin
Tinordi Gorges
Cubes

I know the pairings have guys on their wrong side, the point is to compare a 3 PMD backend against a 2 PMD backend with the addition of a big shutdown D-man. Which looks better ? i
Replacing Diaz with Grossman is a downgrade overall. If you can get Grossman, or Volchenkov...or a UFA, then leave Tinordi in Hamilton to start. That way he is still developing and you increase depth.

I don't see moving Diaz as a way to improve the defense, you fill one hole by creating another. If you move Diaz and Markov goes down do you play Subban all game? Part of having depth is having more than one guy who can play a certain role. If you move Weber, buyout Kaberle and trade Diaz too you thin things out in the PMD department.

Old
05-09-2013, 08:01 AM
habsrule22

bourque- pleks- Vanek
patch- eller - gallagher
prust - gallchenyuk- kristo
moen-white-enforcer
dumont

markov-emelin
bieksa-PK
gorges-Diaz
cube

Price
budaj

DD and weber traded for prospect pick teams like st louis who will have to replace macdonald and nashville needs offense.
Gionta might just retire after a second injury to his arm that require surgery

Last edited by habsrule22: 05-09-2013 at 08:12 AM.
Old
05-09-2013, 08:16 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrule22 View Post
bourque- pleks- Vanek
patch- eller - gallagher
moen-white-enforcer
dumont

markov-emelin
bieksa-PK
gorges-Diaz
cube

Price
budaj

DD and weber traded for prospect pick teams like st louis who will have to replace macdonald and nashville needs offense.
Gionta is not retiring, not sure where you get that. Plus he's 34, he can play another 3-4 years.

I wouldn't mind Vanek, it would depend on A-obviously the cost but just as important B-is he willing to sign a long term deal here.

If you trade 2013 1st Kristo and Collberg(maybe more) for Vanek, you better be sure he's not a "one and done" player. I love him as a player and he would be a big upgrade on Ryder but if he leaves in 2014 then you take a step back not a step forward.

Old
05-09-2013, 08:26 AM
Dagistitsyn

A trade involving Gorges and Wayne Simmonds. Please.

Old
05-09-2013, 08:28 AM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrule22 View Post
bourque- pleks- Vanek
patch- eller - gallagher
moen-white-enforcer
dumont

markov-emelin
bieksa-PK
gorges-Diaz
cube

Price
budaj

And how in hell will we be able to get both Bieksa and Vanek without given up Eller and Kristo ?

If we trade Eller, we'll be able to get Vanek... I'm not 100% against it, but the way Eller has developped his offensive game this year, I'd like to wait and see in his case... he might actually become a very dependable 2nd line centre...

So let's sign Jagr instead. Both Pleks and him would be thrilled to play together and his size is a plus, even if he lost several steps with the years.

I would also like to upgrade on Gorges... let's trade him with DD or prospects and get a bigger, ideally RH to play with Markov, defensive defenceman like E. Johnson. Or, a less expensive and more realistic target like Roman Polak.

Bourque-Pleks-Jagr
Pac-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Prust-Eller-Gionta
4th liners : Moen (if not traded), Halpern (or good faceoff guy), White, Dumont, etc.

Emelin-Subban
Markov-Polak
Tinordi-Diaz
Bouillon

Old
05-09-2013, 08:29 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrowe21 View Post
A trade involving Gorges and Wayne Simmonds. Please.
Why would Phillie trade Simmonds for a player that doesn't fit a need?

They already have a bunch of stay at home d-men.

Old
05-09-2013, 08:33 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsDan93 View Post
Look for MB to sign Tom Sestito. 6'4 235lbs heavyweight who can tangle with the best (I'm pointing at you, Milan).
Lucie isn't going to fight Sestito, as he's proven with Laraque in the past. He's an opportunistic fighter, picks his time and opponent.

Old
05-09-2013, 08:36 AM
ClasslessGuy

Ryder will NEVER take 3.5m. 5m minimum

Old
05-09-2013, 08:47 AM
Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24get View Post
So you basically have DD-Eller-Galchenyuk to take care of all face-offs and defense.
Weiss would be the 4th...

Not working! Weiss can not replace Plek...
At least Koivu can take a FO but can he be a top PK center at this point in his career?
What? Weiss was a top line centreman in Florida. He plays a pretty solid two way game and can take most big faceoffs. It gives us the versatility to slowly introduce Eller and Galchenyuk into C/top line roles as well as brings in a solid goalscoring winger to help replace Gionta/Ryder. In 2011-2012 Weiss had a 4% better FO percentage (53.2) than Plekanec(49.1). That's great for face-offs. Losing Ryder may be just as much of an upgrade on defence as bringing another player in would be. Weiss can and does play on the PK, Plekanec and he are actually very similar players. A combination of Weiss-Ryan would likely help the team more than Plekanec on his own.

Does this look better/help you understand?

Pacioretty-Weiss-Ryan
Bourque-Eller-Gallagher
Galchenyuk-DD-Prust

Old
05-09-2013, 08:50 AM
bud12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
Lucie isn't going to fight Sestito, as he's proven with Laraque in the past. He's an opportunistic fighter, picks his time and opponent.
Sestito is a punching bag.

Old
05-09-2013, 08:55 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
And how in hell will we be able to get both Bieksa and Vanek without given up Eller and Kristo ?

If we trade Eller, we'll be able to get Vanek... I'm not 100% against it, but the way Eller has developped his offensive game this year, I'd like to wait and see in his case... he might actually become a very dependable 2nd line centre...

So let's sign Jagr instead. Both Pleks and him would be thrilled to play together and his size is a plus, even if he lost several steps with the years.

I would also like to upgrade on Gorges... let's trade him with DD or prospects and get a bigger, ideally RH to play with Markov, defensive defenceman like E. Johnson. Or, a less expensive and more realistic target like Roman Polak.

Bourque-Pleks-Jagr
Pac-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Prust-Eller-Gionta
4th liners : Moen (if not traded), Halpern (or good faceoff guy), White, Dumont, etc.

Emelin-Subban
Markov-Polak
Tinordi-Diaz
Bouillon
Jagr struggles to generate offense on a 3rd line in Boston. Makes no sense to play him on a top line here.

Old
05-09-2013, 08:58 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClasslessGuy View Post
Ryder will NEVER take 3.5m. 5m minimum
Maybe he'll take less to stay here(4.5 mil/2-3 years) but on the open market I agree 5 mil is probably more realistic with a wewak UFA crop.

Old
05-09-2013, 09:02 AM
Seb
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Seb
Bring back Saku

http://capgeek.com/ufa-finder

Old
05-09-2013, 09:04 AM
sandysan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
Blues wont be able to resign all their RFAs, if they decide to trade Stewart to make room, we should definitly try to be the team that gets him.
a freaking men. But we wont be the only one looking for his services and I suspect ( and I hope that I am wrong) is that we will be in the running and then it will be decided that the cost is too high and we will end up with about the same size team next year, or a similar team with a bunch of lateral moves.

Old
05-09-2013, 09:07 AM
sandysan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
we ( apparently) chased him before he landed in Vancouver. He cant be all that expensive as they got him off waivers. And lucic isnt a goon, he's under no obligation to go with enforcers. He has has some problems this year but he's still one of the b's best players.

Closed Thread