Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

The Final - #1 Halifax vs. #2 Baie-Comeau

Old
05-09-2013, 08:22 AM
DCSemi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domhnall Dubh View Post
So you'd be as comfortable taking your kids to HLC as you would Centre200?
You're never been to Centre Henry-Leonard to say things like that.

It's not like CHL is Auschwitz... 10 intoxicated people are a very low % of the 3042 (maybe even 3.4k) people present there.

You Halifax still amaze me how your skill to generalize are top notch...

I really hate your attitude of taking a few people to represent the whole town and say THEY are all classeless.

Take the win and move on. You guys have a great club, enjoy it and stay away from those comments. It's useless.

DCSemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 08:25 AM
HFX902

tickets sold out in 6 mins

HFX902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 08:26 AM
Patmac40
BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME

Quote:
So you'd be as comfortable taking your kids to HLC as you would Centre200?
If I had kids (which won't happen for a while..hopefully), probably. Looks like a completely different atmosphere than anything you'd get around here and it's not like they're all idiots there. I spoke with a group of people that came to Halifax from Baie-Comeau for games 1 and 2, and they were very nice people and passionate about their team. I don't condone the actions that happened last night on any level but it wouldn't completely deter me from going there. A lot of stupid **** happens in downtown Halifax too.

Patmac40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 08:30 AM
Buggie

halifax

Does anyone in Halifax remember when they barred the bald guy in Halifax from the rink...and he would hold his protests outside during games???

Buggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 08:35 AM
DCSemi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patmac40 View Post
A lot of stupid **** happens in downtown Halifax too.
Finally. Someone with common sense.

Old
05-09-2013, 08:38 AM
Killahpunk
Legend

vCash: 1004
Quote:
Originally Posted by HFX902 View Post
tickets sold out in 6 mins
I was lucky to get one ticket, i wanted 2 one for me and one for the wife but i was only able to secure one ticket. Can't wait for Friday night.

Killahpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 08:49 AM
Dasachtach
Bluenoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggie View Post
ok time to way in on two things

Refs- always take the brunt of the fans...happens in all leagues...chl...nhl...cis...just the way it is...all these things being brought up...in the rn series in halifax english ref Langille calls them for a penalty shot in game one...very weak call...game two Piccot(eng ref) doesnt call Hardie in last minute for taking down RN player...both I believe havent done any games since so it was addressed by the league......worst call ever could be last years Critchlow call but its a fast past games all are human

Fans - as a haligonian and moose fan I have been ashamed this year by the local fans...yes they supportive but come on they are becoming more classless all the time...when the moose were losing 2 yrs ago some nights there were 2000 people in the rink those are the true moose fans!!!! when the Gatineau kid went down they boo'd him on the ice when he got up all the moose players were tapping their sticks but the fans boo'd- why cause he was a pest???come on folks they are kids playing the game....last game in Halifax someone poured a beer on BC coaches head!!! even Mgt is becoming increasingly classless if its not called on the ice why send it into the league which has been done several times this year but a couple teams ... take pride in the fact the the Q league itself is winning the mem Cup last couple yrs and again maybe even this year...but all you people always complaining or shooting down other organizations because you can with anon on this site....start talking about the good things....
Lol you're a ****ing hero, bud. Go white knight somewhere else.

Dasachtach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 08:51 AM
Codith

Got two tickets! that was crazy

Codith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 08:51 AM
Dasachtach
Bluenoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCSemi View Post
You're never been to Centre Henry-Leonard to say things like that.

It's not like CHL is Auschwitz... 10 intoxicated people are a very low % of the 3042 (maybe even 3.4k) people present there.

You Halifax still amaze me how your skill to generalize are top notch...

I really hate your attitude of taking a few people to represent the whole town and say THEY are all classeless.

Take the win and move on. You guys have a great club, enjoy it and stay away from those comments. It's useless.
So all towns are equal? Baie-Comeau and Chicoutimi are no more crazy than Halifax and Cape Breton?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patmac40 View Post
If I had kids (which won't happen for a while..hopefully), probably. Looks like a completely different atmosphere than anything you'd get around here and it's not like they're all idiots there. I spoke with a group of people that came to Halifax from Baie-Comeau for games 1 and 2, and they were very nice people and passionate about their team. I don't condone the actions that happened last night on any level but it wouldn't completely deter me from going there. A lot of stupid **** happens in downtown Halifax too.
So... No?

Old
05-09-2013, 08:58 AM
DCSemi

Quote:
Lol you're a ****ing hero, bud. Go white knight somewhere else.
He's not a hero. He's just right.

Apparently, when it's not in your favor, everyone is wrong.

Pathetic.

Old
05-09-2013, 08:59 AM
DCSemi

Quote:
So all towns are equal? Baie-Comeau and Chicoutimi are no more crazy than Halifax and Cape Breton?
Yeah, of course, I totally forgot, Halifax is a Saint City.

Sorry about that.

Old
05-09-2013, 09:02 AM
Dasachtach
Bluenoser

Quote:
He's not a hero. He's just right.

Apparently, when it's not in your favor, everyone is wrong.

Pathetic.
Quote:
Yeah, of course, I totally forgot, Halifax is a Saint City.

Sorry about that.
Are you seriously suggesting that the fans at the HCL and the HMC behave in the same way? Stay delusional, mon ami!

Old
05-09-2013, 09:02 AM
Killahpunk
Legend

vCash: 1004
There are going to be alot of dissapointed people who couldn't get tickets for game 5. We could have a 20,000 seat arena and they probably would of still sold out. Crazyness.

Killahpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 09:09 AM
DCSemi

Quote:
Are you seriously suggesting that the fans at the HCL and the HMC behave in the same way? Stay delusional, mon ami!
Hey, mon désillusionné comparse, don't tell me that in the 11k people in your arena, there isn't a bunch of morons. We saw a couple in game #1 & #2.

You never step a single foot in CHL, so, how do you know what happens there, sir?

It must be nice living in Halifax, everything seems to be perfect to you.

Old
05-09-2013, 09:18 AM
Dasachtach
Bluenoser

Quote:
Hey, mon désillusionné comparse, don't tell me that in the 11k people in your arena, there isn't a bunch of morons. We saw a couple in game #1 & #2.
I won't tell you that because it isn't true. Of course there are a few morons in Halifax. What I'm saying is that the hockey culture in Baie-Comeau is different; and foolishness like smashing beer bottles on the opponents bus is more prevalent in B-C than it is in Halifax. No honest person that has been following the QMJHL for the last 10+ years would say otherwise.

Quote:
You never step a single foot in CHL, so, how do you know what happens there, sir?
I had a couple of Rempart scouts come and check me out was I was young goalie! Couldn't skate for my life though so no, can't say I've played in the CHL. Not sure why that's relevant but whatever.

Quote:
It must be nice living in Halifax, everything seems to be perfect to you.
It is! Halifax is a beautiful city!

Old
05-09-2013, 09:36 AM
Buggie

Domhnall Dubh

funny how those who profess to know everything resort to cursing swearing...not a white knight...just stating truths with facts...looked back at some of your posts and when someone confronts with facts you resort to the childish play...like i said I am a halifax fan live in Halifax have had connections with moose Team over the years....I just can't see why all the hate...its junior hockey where kids get paid 50 bucks a week and you seem to be living your life vicariously through them

Old
05-09-2013, 09:37 AM
Reesor01

No one should paint the fanbases of any team with the same brush based on the actions of so very few. Sometimes there are drunken idiots out there that give the whole fanbase a bad name. Remember the Vancouver riots after Boston won the cup? Sure it was a black eye to the city of Vancouver. But I still think the vast, vast majority of Canucks fans are just fine.

I've said it many times. Fans complain about variables that the 20 players on the ice cannot control. Halifax fans could complain about officiating. Baie-Comeau fans could complain about small market/big market bias. It has gone on since sport was invented. It gets more heated in the playoffs when people are more passionate. I will not change how people post. But I can offer that people shouldn't get stressed out over what other posters say. Differences of opinion are what keep message boards going. Be civil, and back up your opinions, and we'll all be better off.

Reesor01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 09:38 AM
DCSemi

Quote:
I won't tell you that because it isn't true. Of course there are a few morons in Halifax. What I'm saying is that the hockey culture in Baie-Comeau is different; and foolishness like smashing beer bottles on the opponents bus is more prevalent in B-C than it is in Halifax. No honest person that has been following the QMJHL for the last 10+ years would say otherwise.
Hockey culture in Baie-Comeau is sure different because guess what, that's the only thing in this city that "holds" the city together. People are proud for their team and they sure love it! Population is about 27k so everybody knows everybody, they love hockey. Of course, there are some morons who can't take alcohol. They act like dumbasses and it embarass the whole town. I spoke to my dad this morning. He is an avid Drakkar fan. Ticket holder since Drakkar joined the Q and he was mad as hell when I told him about the beer bottles on Mooses' bus. "We will be treated like pure a-holes because of a bunch of stupid people". And by the way, my father know a couple of those morons and the majority of 'em are pre-20s.

It's pretty sad that as soon as an unwanted event happens in an arena (or outside), people jump to conclusion and call the whole city moron, say that the arena is dangerous for kids or whatever.

You never stepped a foot in the CHL, yet, you still trash-talking about people in Baie-Comeau.

And that, to me, is pathetic.

I've never been to Halifax in my whole life (I regret that by the way). I saw morons in Game 1 and Game 2. I have friends who got called many many names when they visited your Holy See Arena. However, I will never say things like you said. Never ever. Few people aren't majority.

Old
05-09-2013, 09:47 AM
Dasachtach
Bluenoser

Quote:
funny how those who profess to know everything resort to cursing swearing...not a white knight...just stating truths with facts...looked back at some of your posts and when someone confronts with facts you resort to the childish play...like i said I am a halifax fan live in Halifax have had connections with moose Team over the years....I just can't see why all the hate...its junior hockey where kids get paid 50 bucks a week and you seem to be living your life vicariously through them
You have "facts" that prove the HMC is more hostile than the HLC? Please share.

Quote:
Hockey culture in Baie-Comeau is sure different because guess what, that's the only thing in this city that "holds" the city together. People are proud for their team and they sure love it! Population is about 27k so everybody knows everybody, they love hockey. Of course, there are some morons who can't take alcohol. They act like dumbasses and it embarass the whole town. I spoke to my dad this morning. He is an avid Drakkar fan. Ticket holder since Drakkar joined the Q and he was mad as hell when I told him about the beer bottles on Mooses' bus. "We will be treated like pure a-holes because of a bunch of stupid people". And by the way, my father know a couple of those morons and the majority of 'em are pre-20s.

It's pretty sad that as soon as an unwanted event happens in an arena (or outside), people jump to conclusion and call the whole city moron, say that the arena is dangerous for kids or whatever.

You never stepped a foot in the CHL, yet, you still trash-talking about people in Baie-Comeau.

And that, to me, is pathetic.

I've never been to Halifax in my whole life (I regret that by the way). I saw morons in Game 1 and Game 2. I have friends who got called many many names when they visited your Holy See Arena. However, I will never say things like you said. Never ever. Few people aren't majority.
You're acting as if I'm blaming the whole town for what has happened in the past. I'm not blaming or criticizing people like your father. All I was saying is that the hockey culture is different in Baie-Comeau and it sounds like you agree with that. The HLC is a more hostile arena to play in than most QMJHL arenas certainly more hostile than the HMC. Am I really wrong in saying that?

Old
05-09-2013, 09:49 AM
Dasachtach
Bluenoser

By the way, if I were from Baie-Comeau I would be more offended by the patronizing, white knight Haligonians who are pretending that the HMC and the HLC are exactly the same.

Old
05-09-2013, 09:52 AM
Buggie

i gave you two incidents in the last month...and at no time did i say anything about one being more hostile than another....again attack with out actually seeing what was said

omg halifax has so many murders...everyone in Halifax must be murderers!!!!!!...can't believe people would take their kids to such an unsafe city...lol

Old
05-09-2013, 09:53 AM
DCSemi

Quote:
The HLC is a more hostile arena to play in than most QMJHL arenas certainly more hostile than the HMC. Am I really wrong in saying that?
I would agree yes. A small arena, fully crowded is much more hostile, everyone knows that.

But I think you pretty much changed what you were saying at the beginning. You softened up a bit.

And no, I am not offended by Mr. Buggie. He didn't say CHL (it's Centre Henry-Leonard, not Henry-Leonard Centre by the way) and HMC were the same. He just said humans are humans. No matter where you go, morons are everywhere.

Old
05-09-2013, 09:54 AM
Buggie

ok Dom....how many rinks have you been in in the Q...now be honest.... i have been in everyone but rim and val dor...and have been treated with respect by all even tho i wasnt a fan of their team

Old
05-09-2013, 09:57 AM
Dgill

I know this is a long shot butttt:

Looking for a single ticket to the Moose game Friday. I have a buddy who is a huge Q/hockey fan who would be willing to pay for a ticket at face value (or reasonably near). Not looking for any kijiji vultures.

That aside. I'll be there with my Moose tee on as always.

Dgill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 10:01 AM
DCSemi

Quote:
ok Dom....how many rinks have you been in in the Q...now be honest.... i have been in everyone but rim and val dor...and have been treated with respect by all even tho i wasnt a fan of their team
Back in the days, as Drakkar supporters, we could not go to Rimouski's arena without being insulted, spitted on. People from Rimouski were fightning with BC supporters. I got involved in a fight and got punched in the face by a 50 years old woman.

Here in Chicoutimi, it was hardcore too when Drakkar visit Saguenéens.

That was some pretty scary stuff. However, this isn't like that anymore.

I heard that the rivalry between Rouyn-Noranda and Val-d'Or was something scary too back in the days!