The Final - #1 Halifax vs. #2 Baie-Comeau

Old
05-09-2013, 10:04 AM
Dasachtach
Bluenoser

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggie View Post
i gave you two incidents in the last month...and at no time did i say anything about one being more hostile than another....again attack with out actually seeing what was said

omg halifax has so many murders...everyone in Halifax must be murderers!!!!!!...can't believe people would take their kids to such an unsafe city...lol
People are arguing for the sake of it. Baie-Comeau has had a reputation for this stuff for years! Halifax has never had such a reputation. It's so gross that you are equating Halifax with every other city in the Q. Do you also think when Ted Nolan came to Halifax he was susceptible to the racist treatment he got in Chicoutimi? Different places have different cultures. You mustn't have traveled a lot in your life if you think all places are the same. Reputations are earned and both B-C and Halifax have earned their reputation in the last 15 and 19 years respectively. Only on HFBoards would people actually suggest that Halifax and Baie-Comeau are culturally identical. By your "logic" it would be as likely for Panthers fans to riot as it would be for Habs fans to riot.

Dasachtach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 10:10 AM
Dasachtach
Bluenoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCSemi View Post
I would agree yes. A small arena, fully crowded is much more hostile, everyone knows that.

But I think you pretty much changed what you were saying at the beginning. You softened up a bit.

And no, I am not offended by Mr. Buggie. He didn't say CHL (it's Centre Henry-Leonard, not Henry-Leonard Centre by the way) and HMC were the same. He just said humans are humans. No matter where you go, morons are everywhere.
I didn't change my tone at all. My initial point was that the hockey culture in Baie-Comeau is different than it is in Halifax.

Quote:
ok Dom....how many rinks have you been in in the Q...now be honest.... i have been in everyone but rim and val dor...and have been treated with respect by all even tho i wasnt a fan of their team
I've been to every Maritime rink and B-C, RIM, QUE, CHI, SHA, MTL and HUL in Quebec.

Quote:
Back in the days, as Drakkar supporters, we could not go to Rimouski's arena without being insulted, spitted on. People from Rimouski were fightning with BC supporters. I got involved in a fight and got punched in the face by a 50 years old woman.

Here in Chicoutimi, it was hardcore too when Drakkar visit Saguenéens.

That was some pretty scary stuff. However, this isn't like that anymore.

I heard that the rivalry between Rouyn-Noranda and Val-d'Or was something scary too back in the days!
I've actually been to a Drakkar game in Rimouski. It was a lot of fun AND way crazier than any Moose/Eagles game I've been too.

Old
05-09-2013, 10:20 AM
Patmac40
BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domhnall Dubh View Post

So... No?
i literally said in my first sentence that I probably would.

Patmac40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 10:20 AM
OMG

rinks can be crazy fun whatever..i never compared the two...i just said incidents happen at all rinks and our rink in halifax too...dressing rooms broken into...beer poured on players as they exit at northend of rink....stuff happens...just dont condemn those in other areas for what a few do ..thats all im saying...i think what people are doing is confusing passion for a team and holiganism

OMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 10:24 AM
Dasachtach
Bluenoser

Quote:
rinks can be crazy fun whatever..i never compared the two...i just said incidents happen at all rinks and our rink in halifax too...dressing rooms broken into...beer poured on players as they exit at northend of rink....stuff happens...just dont condemn those in other areas for what a few do ..thats all im saying...i think what people are doing is confusing passion for a team and holiganism
All I've said is that there is more "hooliganism" in cities like B-C and Chicoutimi than there is in Halifax.

Old
05-09-2013, 10:26 AM
DCSemi

Quote:
All I've said is that there is more "hooliganism" in cities like B-C and Chicoutimi than there is in Halifax.
Smaller cities.

In Halifax (450k people), there is like 300k people that don't give a ******* about Mooseheads.

In Baie-Comeau, maybe 5k people that doesn't really care.

That's why you have a certain way of "hooliganism".

DCSemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 10:31 AM
Dasachtach
Bluenoser

Quote:
Smaller cities.

In Halifax (450k people), there is like 300k people that don't give a ******* about Mooseheads.

In Baie-Comeau, maybe 5k people that doesn't really care.

That's why you have a certain way of "hooliganism".
I'll grant you that the importance of the team to the community has a lot to do with it.

Old
05-09-2013, 10:38 AM
DCSemi

Quote:
I'll grant you that the importance of the team to the community has a lot to do with it.
So I guess Halifax's team isn't very important to the community then. Now, it's fine with Fucale, Frk, Drouin and MacKinnon.

After those years, when they'll be back at the bottom of the league, your arena will have 2, 2.5k people in it like it was a few years ago.

Old
05-09-2013, 10:40 AM
Codith

Quote:
So I guess Halifax's team isn't very important to the community then. Now, it's fine with Fucale, Frk, Drouin and MacKinnon.

After those years, when they'll be back at the bottom of the league, your arena will have 2, 2.5k people in it like it was a few years ago.

Jesus will you stop with the butthurtness already, christ.

Codith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 10:44 AM
Patmac40
BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME

Quote:

5000+ people*

Patmac40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 10:52 AM
DCSemi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patmac40 View Post
5000+ people*
I can live with that!

Old
05-09-2013, 10:57 AM
Dasachtach
Bluenoser

Quote:
10,595 tickets for game 5 were sold in under 10 mins this morning in Halifax. It took over 20 minutes to sell 3,000 tickets for game 3 in Baie-Comeau.

Quote:
Huh? The average attendance for the Moose in 2008-09 was 6,684 for an attendance percentage of 64%. In 2010-11 (last time the Drakkar missed the playoffs) the average attendance was 1,652 for an attendance percentage of 55%.

I'm expecting nothing more than "touché" in your next post.

Old
05-09-2013, 10:59 AM
DCSemi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codith View Post
Jesus will you stop with the butthurtness already, christ.
Nothing in relation to "butthurtness".

He made a comment that there was a probable correlation between "hooliganism" and importance of the club to it's town.

If Baie-Comeau is "hooligan", then it's club is important.
If Haliax aren't "hooligan", then it's club isn't important.

Also, if you follow junior hockey, you should know that every club who reached the top will go back to the bottom of the league pretty soon. It's called a "reconstruction cycle".

So go play elsewhere.

I can give you the "touché" bro (Domhnall) Can't argue with the facts, can I?

But also, it's easier to sell tickets with 450k people in town, than 28k. Don't forget that There are only two people working at Drakkar's to sell tickets to people... I guess there is more in Halifax?

In any way, the Cup will be back in Maritimes this year.
As soon as friday, unfortunately for BAC fans!

Last edited by DCSemi: 05-09-2013 at 11:05 AM.
Old
05-09-2013, 11:06 AM
Dasachtach
Bluenoser

Quote:
Nothing in relation to "butthurtness".

He made a comment that there was a probable correlation between "hooliganism" and importance of the club to it's town.

If Baie-Comeau is "hooligan", then it's club is important.
If Haliax aren't "hooligan", then it's club isn't important.

Also, if you follow junior hockey, you should know that every club who reached the top will go back to the bottom of the league pretty soon. It's called a "reconstruction cycle".

So go play elsewhere.

I can give you the "touché" bro (Domhnall) Can't argue with the facts, can I?

But also, it's easier to sell tickets with 450k people in town, than 28k. Don't forget that There are only two people working at Drakkar's to sell tickets to people... I guess there is more in Halifax?
I'm certainly not implying that people in B-C don't love their Drakkar but it was really stupid of you to insinuate that Halifax doesn't support the Mooseheads.

Old
05-09-2013, 11:07 AM
Dasachtach
Bluenoser

Quote:
In any way, the Cup will be back in Maritimes this year.
As soon as friday, unfortunately for BAC fans!
Fourth year in a row. Vive la Maritimes!

Old
05-09-2013, 11:09 AM
DCSemi

Quote:
I'm certainly not implying that people in B-C don't love their Drakkar but it was really stupid of you to insinuate that Halifax doesn't support the Mooseheads.
Didn't say that.

What I meant is, there is lot more people in Halifax that doesn't care about the Mooseheads than people in Baie-Comeau doesn't care about Drakkar.

That is just because of the city size. I mean, it's 450k (maybe more!) in Halifax, versus 28k for BC.

Let's just think about it for a full-crowded arena.

3 042 represent about 10% of BAC Pop.
10 000 represent about 2.2% of HFX Pop.

Clubs in small town are much more "loved" in general, than in big cities. it's a fact, and it's pretty normal. The same applies to Quebec City.

I hope you understand what I mean. English isn't my mother tongue.

Old
05-09-2013, 11:16 AM
Dasachtach
Bluenoser

According to Palov we probably won't know about any suspensions from game 4 until tomorrow afternoon.

Quote:
Didn't say that.

What I meant is, there is lot more people in Halifax that doesn't care about the Mooseheads than people in Baie-Comeau doesn't care about Drakkar.

That is just because of the city size. I mean, it's 450k (maybe more!) in Halifax, versus 28k for BC.

Clubs in small town are much more "loved" in general, than in big cities. it's a fact, and it's pretty normal. The same applies to Quebec City.

OK by that logic there are a lot more people in Halifax that care about the Moose than people in BaieComeau that care about the Drakkar. Fair enough lol

Old
05-09-2013, 11:16 AM
TA1 Sports
@TA_Stephenson

Quote:
Didn't say that.

This is most obvious statement ever.

Of course a larger percentage of the population in Baie-Comeau go to Drakkar games then the % of people in Halifax that go to Moose games.... what does that prove? Nothing.

You guys love your team,
Halifax fans love theirs.

People are arguing semantics.

We all love ours teams, lots of passion in BC, and lots here. If Halifax had a population of 27,000 like BC, you'd see the exact same thing here.

Semantics.

TA1 Sports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 11:19 AM
George Maharis
Harbor Hopper

vCash: 50
I seriously can't believe you guys are still going on about this, and at the point where you're attacking each others cities. Grow the **** up..

George Maharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 11:24 AM
Dasachtach
Bluenoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rey72335 View Post
I seriously can't believe you guys are still going on about this, and at the point where you're attacking each others cities. Grow the **** up..
mind your business.

Last edited by Dasachtach: 05-09-2013 at 11:47 AM.
Old
05-09-2013, 11:28 AM
George Maharis
Harbor Hopper

vCash: 50
Quote:
**** off and mind your business.
It is my business as someone from Halifax and who loves the Mooseheads. I don't like having my city attacked for no reason, and being generalized because a group of fools like to spurt their **** instead of taking a step back and THINKING.

George Maharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 11:46 AM
Dasachtach
Bluenoser

Quote:
It is my business as someone from Halifax and who loves the Mooseheads. I don't like having my city attacked for no reason, and being generalized because a group of fools like to spurt their **** instead of taking a step back and THINKING.
We were talking about the differences of fan bases in the QMJHL. It's a legitimate and relevant conversation and I don't think I'm out of line at all in saying that the Drakkar fan base is different than ours.

Old
05-09-2013, 11:47 AM
DCSemi

Quote:
Haha, no one attacked your city.

We are all discussing in respectful manners, so go play elsewhere.

Quote:
We were talking about the differences of fan bases in the QMJHL. It's a legitimate and relevant conversation and I don't think I'm out of line at all in saying that the Drakkar fan base is different than ours.
We can say now we have an agreement!

3 pages full of posts, and finally, we got it hahaha!

Old
05-09-2013, 11:51 AM
Dasachtach
Bluenoser

‏@CH_WillyPalov 6m It looks like Baie-Comeau's Alec Jon Banville will receive an automatic suspension for tomorrow's game

Old
05-09-2013, 11:51 AM
Dasachtach
Bluenoser

Quote:
Haha, no one attacked your city.

We are all discussing in respectful manners, so go play elsewhere.

We can say now we have an agreement!

3 pages full of posts, and finally, we got it hahaha!
lol!