HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Re-signing Rozsival

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-07-2013, 08:15 PM
  #26
Any Colour You Like
Maestro
 
Any Colour You Like's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 7,242
vCash: 500
We have an outrageous luxury for Rozsival to be our 6D. Do I want that luxury again next year? Yes, of course I do.

Now, the thing is, Rozsival should accept the same contract he already has, maybe .2-.4 higher. But if it's too high to the point where we can't fit in Bickell/Stalberg, Leddy, whoever is before him, then it's a privilege, not a right, to have somebody like Rozsival be optional.

Any Colour You Like is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 08:14 AM
  #27
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 28,352
vCash: 500
He wasn't signed on July 1st and I don't think he will see that much demand. He won't sign with a non contender and with the Cap coming down and his age, I don't see him getting a good deal

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 03:50 PM
  #28
Beukeboom Fan
Registered User
 
Beukeboom Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 14,051
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
He wasn't signed on July 1st and I don't think he will see that much demand. He won't sign with a non contender and with the Cap coming down and his age, I don't see him getting a good deal
Strongly disagree. Rozsival is only 34 and would have been the best d-man on the Flyers, and played signficantly better than guys like Carle & Wideman, who both make 2.5x what he does.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have him back, but looking as good as he did for the Hawks this year will get him paid somewhere else next year. I just can't see him leaving the $'s on the table to come back.

Beukeboom Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 03:54 PM
  #29
Beukeboom Fan
Registered User
 
Beukeboom Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 14,051
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkimus View Post
From a more board perspective....

Whats the likely hood of resigning Stalberg/Bickell?(With Leddy and Kruger Contracts pending..)
Even with the cap coming down, I expect that a talent light team would make offers to Stalberg & Bickell that the Hawks just can't match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDooRoo View Post
I would like to resign Stalberg and Bickell, but I think Stalberg is going to get a good contract on the market that the Hawks can't compete with and Bickell will sign with us for a fair deal, but team friendly because he really wants to stay.

We must get Leddy signed and wouldn't oppose resigning Kruger either, but if we could get Stalberg, Bickell, and Leddy signed I won't complain.
Agree Leddy is the priority, but would be really surprised if we can keep Bickell. He's be making practically the league minimum @ $540K per year for the last 4 years, and even wiht the cap coming down, I think that someone will pay him $2.5-3M next year easy. Depending on the other moves, I have a hard time seeing BB leave THAT much money on the table, but hoping that it does happen.

Beukeboom Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 05:29 PM
  #30
ColdSteel2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 28,046
vCash: 500
Rozsi doesn't play enough to get a big contract.

ColdSteel2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 08:52 AM
  #31
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 28,352
vCash: 500
he plays good enough, but he won't get a contract like that. With the Cap coming down and him having no reason to play for a team like the Panthers. He will get a contract similar to his current one

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 09:17 AM
  #32
MagicSlap*
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,470
vCash: 500
You don't pay a player like Rozsival that kind of money, you let him go after his service and find the next Rozsival. That's what smart teams do.

MagicSlap* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 09:36 AM
  #33
ColdSteel2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 28,046
vCash: 500
I think he knows this the is team he should be playing for and will resign.

ColdSteel2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 10:49 AM
  #34
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU
 
IU Hawks fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 24,842
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
I think he knows this the is team he should be playing for and will resign.
Me too. The guy has made nearly $27 million since the 04-05 lockout. I don't think he's going to go to some bull **** team for an extra 500K at this point in his career.

IU Hawks fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 11:12 AM
  #35
Beukeboom Fan
Registered User
 
Beukeboom Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 14,051
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
Me too. The guy has made nearly $27 million since the 04-05 lockout. I don't think he's going to go to some bull **** team for an extra 500K at this point in his career.
Do people really think that Rozsival would only get a contract for $2.5M?

I'd love to have him back, but with the number of teams that desperately need to improve their blueline, I'd be that Rosy would be able to easily get $3.5-4M on a short term deal.

We'll find out shortly. Like I said, I'd love to have him back, but IMO that's unlikely. I will say that that the Hawks seem to have more forward prospects ready to step up than on the blueline, which might make keeping Rosy a priority.

Beukeboom Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 11:39 AM
  #36
ColdSteel2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 28,046
vCash: 500
No ****ing way he gets that big of a contract unless it is a team at the floor, which will overuse him and probably end his career too soon. He's better off signing 1 year deals for around 2M here with a team that will only use him when he is 100% and give him the rest he needs to stay fresh. He can play another 3-4 years like that and make more in the long run while maybe getting a couple rings and spot in the organization after his playing career is over.

ColdSteel2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 11:46 AM
  #37
Sarava
Moderator
 
Sarava's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Naperville, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 13,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
No ****ing way he gets that big of a contract unless it is a team at the floor, which will overuse him and probably end his career too soon. He's better off signing 1 year deals for around 2M here with a team that will only use him when he is 100% and give him the rest he needs to stay fresh. He can play another 3-4 years like that and make more in the long run while maybe getting a couple rings and spot in the organization after his playing career is over.
If Kopecky can get 3 mil, then I don't doubt any potential contract as too much.

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 11:49 AM
  #38
DisgruntledHawkFan
Moderator
Blackhawk Down
 
DisgruntledHawkFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 34,853
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Roszi can and will get paid. And who can blame him.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 03:17 PM
  #39
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 28,352
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beukeboom Fan View Post
Do people really think that Rozsival would only get a contract for $2.5M?

I'd love to have him back, but with the number of teams that desperately need to improve their blueline, I'd be that Rosy would be able to easily get $3.5-4M on a short term deal.

We'll find out shortly. Like I said, I'd love to have him back, but IMO that's unlikely. I will say that that the Hawks seem to have more forward prospects ready to step up than on the blueline, which might make keeping Rosy a priority.
Please tell me why he plays on a 1 year contract with the hawks for 2 Million...

If he would find that easily, why hasn't he found it this year knowing it will be a short season - enough rest for him and being ready for the POs and 1 year younger?


I'd like to have him back but I don't see that 2 million in Cap Space available that is required to keep him.

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 03:39 PM
  #40
DisgruntledHawkFan
Moderator
Blackhawk Down
 
DisgruntledHawkFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 34,853
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
He's a #4 ufa defenseman. Whatever you think he's worth, add two million per if he wants it.

Tell me what he's done to deserve a pay cut?

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 06:38 PM
  #41
zytz
lumberjack
 
zytz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 7,283
vCash: 500
I like Rozy, and actually think he's good at his current cap hit, but I think he's been good enough he can earn the same next year, possibly a little more depending how POs go. Unless he wants to take a cut to stick around I think I'd rather go with Brookbank and Stanton at 6D. It's time to start keeping a little bit of space available for the kids who need to come up.

zytz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 06:42 PM
  #42
DisgruntledHawkFan
Moderator
Blackhawk Down
 
DisgruntledHawkFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 34,853
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
We have no kids on defense. Stanton is fine with me, but what's his upside? Brookbank?

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 10:19 PM
  #43
LandofLincoln*
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beukeboom Fan View Post
Strongly disagree. Rozsival is only 34 and would have been the best d-man on the Flyers, and played signficantly better than guys like Carle & Wideman, who both make 2.5x what he does.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have him back, but looking as good as he did for the Hawks this year will get him paid somewhere else next year. I just can't see him leaving the $'s on the table to come back.
I think he could fetch 4 million next season in Philadelphia.

The Hawks would be lucky to get him another year. Another good signing by Stan.

LandofLincoln* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 10:54 PM
  #44
Gootie
GOATie
 
Gootie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 27,944
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
He's a #4 ufa defenseman. Whatever you think he's worth, add two million per if he wants it.

Tell me what he's done to deserve a pay cut?
Well the cap's going down and he only played half the season. I don't see his salary increasing significantly.

Gootie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 08:58 AM
  #45
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 28,352
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
He's a #4 ufa defenseman. Whatever you think he's worth, add two million per if he wants it.

Tell me what he's done to deserve a pay cut?
Who talks about a pay cut? He actually makes 2 million and has a NTC. He won't get a better contract this offseason from a PO team

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 09:07 AM
  #46
Hawkaholic
Registered User
 
Hawkaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,201
vCash: 500
I personally don't think Rozi has played that well this post season so far. I could care less if he is back next year. I think Brookbank or another cheap Dman can fill his shoes just fine.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 09:19 AM
  #47
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 28,352
vCash: 500
Rozi played good POs so far

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:45 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.