HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Washington at New York Game 4: TIED Our Shoes

Old
05-09-2013, 01:29 PM
Ryan McDonut
McD for Captain

vCash: 500
here are my notes from last night:

rick nash. just awful. we got him to be a difference maker. in my opinion this postseason hes been no different than gaborik. and if he's playing hurt, that makes him even more like gaborik

derrick brassard. where did he come from? holy **** he is amazing. hoping he keeps up this level of play

great to see the team bail out hank last night. am i allowed to say hank had a bad game last night or am i going to get murdered?

Ryan McDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 01:40 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
Bed time for my youngest kid is 8:30 too, except when the Rangers are playing.
True story, after the game, he was jumping up and down, when they showed ovechkin on the screen, he mooned him.
Haha that's awesome, I managed to get my daughter's pic on TV during the 2nd intermission on NBC cause I think it's a hilarious picture. She felt pretty cool, and then we scored two early in the 3rd. So she is the unofficial mascot now.

Funny on Monday my wife had something going on and I was home with my daughter, she watched with me took a 5 minute bath during intermission and then went nuts after the game, hard to sleep when dad is screaming at the TV.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 01:41 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan McDonut View Post

rick nash. just awful. we got him to be a difference maker. in my opinion this postseason hes been no different than gaborik. and if he's playing hurt, that makes him even more like gaborik

derrick brassard. where did he come from? holy **** he is amazing. hoping he keeps up this level of play

great to see the team bail out hank last night. am i allowed to say hank had a bad game last night or am i going to get murdered?
Totally agree that Hank hasn't been in Lundqvist mode these past two games but its about ******* time that the team bailed him out. It's the least they can do, especially after that travesty of a Game 2.

05-09-2013, 01:41 PM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
Tear him down and rebuild him from scratch.
Showing my age here...but the opening to the Bionic Man just popped into my head...

We can rebuild him

NHRangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 02:14 PM
mandiblesofdoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleKev6D9 View Post
I'm listening to Francesa. It is quite obvious this man has no idea what the hell he is talking about when it comes to hockey. He's been babbling on about how hard it is to win Game 7 on the road if you haven't won on the road in the previous 3 games. Literally made no other analysis than that. Only name mentioned between the Penguins, Islanders, Capitals and Rangers was Henrik Lundqvist. Vokoun was referred to as "this new goalie", and nothing else.
He's used to basketball, which has a much greater home advantage, I think.

He's pretty up front with his lack of hockey sophistication. I actually don't get why the NY stations eschew hockey so much. Is the Ranger fan base that much smaller than the Knicks'? Without these blogs I would get very little coverage of my favorite team - and endless talk about Mariano Rivera and Carmelo Anthony. Yawn.

Do they think talking hockey scares listeners away? The ESPN station is the same or worse.

mandiblesofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 02:17 PM
shinchanyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
The only two on one that was created was when MDZ took a seat on the ice.

Eminger went for the hit. Richards and MDZ were both back and in position to defend properly until MDZ decided to take a seat on the ice which THEN caused a two on one with Richards left alone to defend.

Eminger's hit was eliminating the man.

Had MDZ not gone down like a two dollar hooker staring at a five dollar bill there is NO goal there.

The wrong player got scape-goated after that.

MDZ should have never seen the ice after that major gaffe
Eminger screwed up in the O zone to start it all but I agree MDZ going down in the eloquent way that you intimated was more of a gaffe

shinchanyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 02:17 PM
Realize

Send a message via ICQ to Realize Send a message via MSN to Realize Send a message via Skype™ to Realize
What I liked most is that this puffed up idiot holtby gave us that 1st goal as a gift.

More like that please!

Great game.

What I think : Both of our wins were better than both wins of WSH were for them (in fact of "overall performance".

Hopefully we can take away game 5 in WSH.

Realize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 02:21 PM
peanutbuttacallytime
#therightway

Not sure if someone posted this- but its great.

http://imgius.com/photos/20130509136808541567205.gif

peanutbuttacallytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 02:24 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Torts,Stepan and Boyle audio from today

http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/2013/0...medium=twitter

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 02:25 PM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Imagine if Nash didn't hit the post in Game 2. Win or die situation for Washington on Friday.

Oh, well.

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 02:30 PM
profchaos2001

on tv2.jpg

I got on TV!
(edit in the hat)

Last edited by profchaos2001: 05-09-2013 at 03:58 PM.
profchaos2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 02:34 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Much has been made of Ovechkin being shut down in Games 3 and 4, but Caps still scored 3 goals in each those games.
Quote:
Adam Oates said "three goals is a lot of goals" and "should be" enough to win a playoff game.
Quote:
So, while getting a goal or two from Ovechkin would be great, Caps really need to tighten up defensively and for Holtby to play better.
https://twitter.com/TGfireandice

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 02:54 PM
nyrpassion
Vetted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan McDonut View Post

see the way i see it is when nash is on the ice, that is 1 or maybe 2 bodies that are away from our other players.

nyrpassion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 03:09 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Pierre creamed himself on the BrassGod pass to Girardi.

Also, thank god Stepan shot that puck hard, because I think Holtby either got a piece of it or almost did, and I would have cried.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 03:13 PM
SnowblindNYR

So I just realized that our top line is made up of exclusively home grown players. None of them first rounders. The guy drafted the highest was also some step dancing loser no one has ever heard of. The others are a 4th rounder and 6th rounder.

Remember the dark years mercenaries when we really wanted 1 good home grown player?

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 03:18 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
So I just realized that our top line is made up of exclusively home grown players. None of them first rounders. The guy drafted the highest was also some step dancing loser no one has ever heard of. The others are a 4th rounder and 6th rounder.

Remember the dark years mercenaries when we really wanted 1 good home grown player?
Unless they didn't consider Leetch a homegrown player, then no.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 03:20 PM
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by profchaos2001 View Post
Attachment 64301

I got on TV!
Are you in the hat or the other dude?

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 03:21 PM
El Gato Bodegero

Caps fan here.

What a series guys honestly I hate the rangers, I do hate them a lot but I have to say that this past series between us have been amazing and whoever wins this series I hope it gets to 7 AGAIN. Even tough that I hate your team I want that the winner of this series to get deep.

In the past series the games were so tight that doesn´t matter which team advances both teams are left without energy for the next series, so I hope it doesn´t repeat this year.

Btw something good to notice is that in comparison with some other teams and series, you and us have lost and win with class. No blind hitting after games, no illegal dangerous want to injure hits etc etc.

Of course am angry that we lost the last 2 games but I knew this would be another nail bitting, bad blood pressure series.

That brasard line reminded me of your old Playstation line with voros, zherdev and dubinsky...

El Gato Bodegero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 03:45 PM
toastbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrpassion View Post
see the way i see it is when nash is on the ice, that is 1 or maybe 2 bodies that are away from our other players.
Yeah but even so Nash was a -2 last night.

toastbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 03:54 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
Unless they didn't consider Leetch a homegrown player, then no.
I meant the late 90s, early 00s when people wanted YOUNG homegrown players rather than older guys that won the cup for us.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 03:58 PM
JayMan82

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gato Bodegero View Post
Caps fan here.

What a series guys honestly I hate the rangers, I do hate them a lot but I have to say that this past series between us have been amazing and whoever wins this series I hope it gets to 7 AGAIN. Even tough that I hate your team I want that the winner of this series to get deep.

In the past series the games were so tight that doesn´t matter which team advances both teams are left without energy for the next series, so I hope it doesn´t repeat this year.

Btw something good to notice is that in comparison with some other teams and series, you and us have lost and win with class. No blind hitting after games, no illegal dangerous want to injure hits etc etc.

Of course am angry that we lost the last 2 games but I knew this would be another nail bitting, bad blood pressure series.

That brasard line reminded me of your old Playstation line with voros, zherdev and dubinsky...
IDK if my blood pressure can handle ANOTHER 7 Game Series, but I agree. Our two teams can put together one helluva chess match compared to some of these other $#!+ show series (although I'm sure we both enjoy the melodrama it creates). Well said with your classy post.

JayMan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 04:06 PM
blue2noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
When Nash has defenders on him, he needs to protect the puck rather than trying to deke around them. In the playoffs, splitting the defense is not going to work - sometimes you just have to be a hound on the puck with a defender or two hanging on your back. Nash is way better at using his body to shield the puck than Gabby ever was, and if he uses his physical attributes and skill appropriately, he should be able to be more of a force out there.
Put Clowe on his line and watch things open up.

blue2noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 04:45 PM
Aufheben
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind Jam Grind View Post
Pierre creamed himself on the BrassGod pass to Girardi.

Also, thank god Stepan shot that puck hard, because I think Holtby either got a piece of it or almost did, and I would have cried.
Brassard is the kind of passer where his passes make the shot. i.e. Brass -> Girardi OT against the Isles, last night to Hagelin/Girardi. They're just...perfect. Right on the tape from anywhere, perfect speed, sauce, everything. It's really nice to watch. This team couldn't connect a ******* pass ever, and then this young man comes in and makes these insane saucer passes on a nightly basis.

Aufheben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 04:45 PM
Cresto
In the pantry

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2noise View Post
Put Clowe on his line and watch things open up.
Nash needs to play with lord Byron and Ryane with an E Clowe. Watch him score 12 goals a game.

Cresto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 04:50 PM
Aufheben
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 69
Boyle/Clowe-Brassard-Nash?

Aufheben is offline   Reply With Quote