HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Adam Burish Out for Round 2 - Upper Body Injury

Old
05-09-2013, 01:33 PM
CrazedZooChimp
Not enough guts

vCash: 1875
Send a message via AIM to CrazedZooChimp
Quote:
Originally Posted by stalockrox View Post
Apparently I'm the only one that thinks this is pretty bad news when taken with the fact that Havlat isn't likely to be ready to play.

I'd take Burish over Kennedy (and Pelech) 100 times out of 100...maybe they'll slot Kearns into the linup instead.
I kind of agree. My bigger worry is if someone else gets injured. Like, do we think we'll got the entire series with no one else getting hurt? People get hurt all the time in the playoffs, and Burish is NOT worse than who we could bring in if one of the other top-12 skaters goes down.

CrazedZooChimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 02:05 PM
Fistfullofbeer
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazedZooChimp View Post
I kind of agree. My bigger worry is if someone else gets injured. Like, do we think we'll got the entire series with no one else getting hurt? People get hurt all the time in the playoffs, and Burish is NOT worse than who we could bring in if one of the other top-12 skaters goes down.
Put me in the category of this being a potential issue as well.

Having Havlat back, if that happens, should help but Burish has been pretty good with the PK. Kennedy showed me nothing in his 1 playoff game to convince me that he is better than Burish.

I make fun of Burish as much as the next Shark but while he has not stood out in any way, he has not been bad in this series. Sure he does not deserve his contract but he is a decent 4th liner.

05-09-2013, 02:06 PM
Phu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic school bus View Post
Yes. This is devastating news. How are we gonna go on without our team leader in quotes per 60 mins?
"/60 is vital!

But seriously, well we will get to test some theories around here. If we face Chicago I wonder what we are losing, I know he was popular there.

Phu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 02:09 PM
Evincar
Your Final Judgement

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharksAddict View Post
Kearns is a better fit for the 4th line but I'm not sure I trust him to play disciplined and avoid stupid penalties.
Not really. Kennedy is quicker and the Sharks might need that against Chicago.

Plus this:

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...ed-share-video

Last edited by Evincar: 05-09-2013 at 02:14 PM.
Evincar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 02:41 PM
murdock1116

They should ice Demers instead of Kennedy and have a bottom six of:

Demers - Pavelski - Wingels
Desi - Gomez - Sheppard

Or some variation of that.

murdock1116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 02:52 PM
SharksFan1

vCash: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyyy View Post
Should have kept Clowe!
He has been hurt the whole playoffs as well.

SharksFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 03:04 PM
rangerssharks414

Wonderful... I guess Kennedy will be in the lineup then unless Havlat is healthy.

rangerssharks414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 03:19 PM
do0glas

marleau-couture-torres
gali-jt-burns
sheppard-pavs-wingels
desi-gomez-kennedy

i dont feel horrible about this lineup, but if they keep desi on the third line i think that it will hurt us in the long run.

granted pavs line is still outchancing guys like kesler/roy but that wont last forever without another creative player on that line.

do0glas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 03:24 PM
TealTownUSA

i posted his playoff avatar in the SC sticky and then he gets hurt. our motor is still in neutral.

TealTownUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 03:34 PM
MechaMarleau
Vertebraeker

My first instinct is to play Tennyson and just ice 7 defensemen, but since this lineup is dividing icetime pretty evenly it's not strictly necessary.

I just don't see how a one-dimensional player like Kennedy cuts it in the playoffs if he plays regularly. If he's a liability then the fourth line is cut from 9 minutes to 5, and everyone else has to make it up.

MechaMarleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 03:39 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Game 1, everyone should be rested, so maybe you can get away with 11 forwards (Gomez and Desjardins as the rotating 4th liners, Sheppard on the 3rd line).

The rest of the series? Hope Havlat gets back. If Havlat gets back, this is a good thing because it forces the coach to ice Sheppard over Burish. But I wouldn't count on Havlat being back.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 03:40 PM
AstroDan
Stars, cars, guitars

vCash: 1012
Quote:
Originally Posted by do0glas View Post
marleau-couture-torres
gali-jt-burns
sheppard-pavs-wingels
desi-gomez-kennedy

i dont feel horrible about this lineup, but if they keep desi on the third line i think that it will hurt us in the long run.

granted pavs line is still outchancing guys like kesler/roy but that wont last forever without another creative player on that line.
I'd swap Torres with Wingels

Even strength, I think Torres is more a 3rd line guy and Wingels did good with Cootch's line earlier in the year.

AstroDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 03:50 PM
WTFetus
Most popular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroDan View Post
Even strength, I think Torres is more a 3rd line guy and Wingels did good with Cootch's line earlier in the year.
He had some decent nights, but he also had some really bad nights where the line was hemmed in the d-zone for the majority of the game. That'll pose a problem when Couture's line is going against the Kanes, Kopitars, etc. I'd keep Torres there for now. I still don't like the current 3rd line with Desjardins, but I want to see how it looks with Sheppard instead.

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 03:52 PM
SonomaShark
The sidebar is suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinTheBlackCircle View Post
let's not be ass hats here please.

SonomaShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 03:53 PM
Negatively Positive
Save us Tomas!

vCash: 628
So, Hawks in 5? Maybe another sweep? Thanks a lot, Havlat.

Negatively Positive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 03:56 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
He had some decent nights, but he also had some really bad nights where the line was hemmed in the d-zone for the majority of the game. That'll pose a problem when Couture's line is going against the Kanes, Kopitars, etc. I'd keep Torres there for now. I still don't like the current 3rd line with Desjardins, but I want to see how it looks with Sheppard instead.
The problem with moving Sheppard up to the third line is that it leaves the 4th line Desjardins-Gomez-Kennedy. I feel like that's the only reason it's Desjardins instead of Sheppard on the 3rd line, because they know that Pavelski can support Desy, and the 4th line needs Sheppard.

Also, we should put Freddie Hamilton in. He's not ready to be a top-9 NHLer, but from all reports his defensive game is NHL-ready. He's like the anti-Tim Kennedy. He would be a fine Burish replacement IMHO.

Old
05-09-2013, 03:57 PM
SactoShork
The Youth Movement

These guys are all on the roster...

Hamilton
Kearns
Kennedy
Oleksuk
Stalberg

Can Stalberg hack it in the NHL? Some bro on bro violence?

SactoShork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 03:58 PM
do0glas

i put torres on that top line because im not confident in wingels shutting down anyone. and pavs line as is isnt really a negative influence. so sheppard is still upgrading. just my opinion though.

Old
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
Originally Posted by SactoShark View Post

Hamilton
Kearns
Kennedy
Oleksuk
Stalberg

He could barely hack it in the AHL at times.

Old
ChompChomp
SACK T-MAC

If they could get Demers and Havlat back for round 2, maybe, just maybe, the coaching staff could ice the best team possible. Finally.

ChompChomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 03:59 PM
do0glas

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
The problem with moving Sheppard up to the third line is that it leaves the 4th line Desjardins-Gomez-Kennedy. I feel like that's the only reason it's Desjardins instead of Sheppard on the 3rd line, because they know that Pavelski can support Desy, and the 4th line needs Sheppard.

Also, we should put Freddie Hamilton in. He's not ready to be a top-9 NHLer, but from all reports his defensive game is NHL-ready. He's like the anti-Tim Kennedy. He would be a fine Burish replacement IMHO.
alls we have are two posters (while respected) reports on hamiltons defensive game. doubt this happens.

Old
05-09-2013, 03:59 PM
WTFetus
Most popular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post

Has Pavelski really been supporting Desy that much though? From the eye-test, that line seems to be hemmed in the zone the entire night.
I agree about Hamilton too. Not necessarily him since I don't follow the AHL that much, but I was wondering if there were any call-ups that had a good defensive mind-set. We went with
Desjardins - Gomez - Burish before, so Desjardins - Gomez - Hamilton/good defensive AHLer shouldn't be too different.

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 04:00 PM
stalockrox

Quote:
Originally Posted by SactoShark View Post

Hamilton
Kearns
Kennedy
Oleksuk
Stalberg

No - but it doesn't matter because Stalberg is no longer 'with' the team, he went home.

stalockrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 04:04 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
Has Pavelski really been supporting Desy that much though? From the eye-test, that line seems to be hemmed in the zone the entire night.
I agree about Hamilton too. Not necessarily him since I don't follow the AHL that much, but I was wondering if there were any call-ups that had a good defensive mind-set. We went with
Desjardins - Gomez - Burish before, so Desjardins - Gomez - Hamilton/good defensive AHLer shouldn't be too different.
I shouldn't say "supporting", more like "damage control". Desy has been no bueno, between just not being that great a hockey player (for all his effort) and taking dumb dumb dumb penalties at the wrong time.

And yeah, I'd love to see that line, if Havlat's not there. If Hamilton really much of a downgrade on Burish at this point?

Old
05-09-2013, 04:08 PM
do0glas

honestly as much as we love to bag on burish. he hasnt had any game changing moments, and hes doing okay as a fourth liner.

putting hamilton could absolutely be worse. it could be better too. but do you take that kind of risk for a 4th liner on 7-9 minutes a night?

personally, i would bring kearns in. theyve done it before and it was fine. so at least theyve seen him on the team in the NHL.

kennedy im not even that worried about, at least there would be pucks going the other way with him and gomez.