HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > NHL Draft - Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Draft - Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

2011 NHL ReDraft

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-21-2012, 03:04 PM
  #251
R S
.
 
R S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 25,446
vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19sens11 View Post
I love Toews just as much as anyone when looking at the individual player. But if at the same price you can get 20% more offense out of another player without all the intangibles, you take it.
That's your prerogative, but with where the Avs franchise was the time in regards to the need for a winger, the need for more size, the need for a physical player, the need for IMMEDIATE impact, Landeskog was the easy choice and I can assure you most Avs fans love the pick at this point in time.

And with his smarts and confidence with the puck, there is no doubt in my mind that the "60 point potential" that was discussed at length is something that won't end up being nearly accurate.

R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 03:45 PM
  #252
WhiteLight*
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 16,082
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
That's your prerogative, but with where the Avs franchise was the time in regards to the need for a winger, the need for more size, the need for a physical player, the need for IMMEDIATE impact, Landeskog was the easy choice and I can assure you most Avs fans love the pick at this point in time.

And with his smarts and confidence with the puck, there is no doubt in my mind that the "60 point potential" that was discussed at length is something that won't end up being nearly accurate.
These needs for physical play etc are overrated. Again, if the Avs think he has more offense in him than Huberdeau, then it's fine. But you don't waste your 2nd overall pick on size and physical play. You take the guy who will provide the most offense, you take the BPA. Top players aren't there to grind it out, they're there to score. Goals win you games, not body checks, and you can get that from the D and the 4th line if your heart desires it.

WhiteLight* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 04:07 PM
  #253
Pentothal
Listen with one ear
 
Pentothal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: It's not even close
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,940
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19sens11 View Post
These needs for physical play etc are overrated. Again, if the Avs think he has more offense in him than Huberdeau, then it's fine. But you don't waste your 2nd overall pick on size and physical play. You take the guy who will provide the most offense, you take the BPA. Top players aren't there to grind it out, they're there to score. Goals win you games, not body checks, and you can get that from the D and the 4th line if your heart desires it.
Are you very upset about the Zibanejad pick, then? Since he's pretty much one of those "intangible" players. Great shot too, but he has never put up any insane numbers.

Pentothal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 04:32 PM
  #254
R S
.
 
R S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 25,446
vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19sens11 View Post
These needs for physical play etc are overrated. Again, if the Avs think he has more offense in him than Huberdeau, then it's fine. But you don't waste your 2nd overall pick on size and physical play. You take the guy who will provide the most offense, you take the BPA. Top players aren't there to grind it out, they're there to score. Goals win you games, not body checks, and you can get that from the D and the 4th line if your heart desires it.
The bolded don't mean the same thing.

Most offense doesn't equal best player.

Everyone has their own definition of BPA.

The two sentences after the bolded part are also quite laughable.

R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 04:43 PM
  #255
WhiteLight*
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 16,082
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentothal View Post
Are you very upset about the Zibanejad pick, then? Since he's pretty much one of those "intangible" players. Great shot too, but he has never put up any insane numbers.
At the draft I was ticked the Sens didn't take Couturier. But I think they think Zibby has just as much upside so I'll trust them. Who else projects to have a good chance at better offense than Zibanejad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
The bolded don't mean the same thing.

Most offense doesn't equal best player.

Everyone has their own definition of BPA.

The two sentences after the bolded part are also quite laughable.
As an athlete I can appreciate guys who bring more to the game than offense. But if I were a GM, the BPA would be the player who gives me the most offense (for forwards). Why are the last two sentences laughable? You do know games are decided by goals right?


Also, I wrote this before, if two players have similar offense, obviously you take the one with intangibles.

WhiteLight* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 05:23 PM
  #256
Rhaego
Registered User
 
Rhaego's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Norfolk Island
Posts: 6,646
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19sens11 View Post
At the draft I was ticked the Sens didn't take Couturier. But I think they think Zibby has just as much upside so I'll trust them. Who else projects to have a good chance at better offense than Zibanejad?



As an athlete I can appreciate guys who bring more to the game than offense. But if I were a GM, the BPA would be the player who gives me the most offense (for forwards). Why are the last two sentences laughable? You do know games are decided by goals right?


Also, I wrote this before, if two players have similar offense, obviously you take the one with intangibles.
Lol, you must live life off of Moneyball. Who would you rather have Toews or Backstrom? Datsyuk or Thornton?

Rhaego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 05:40 PM
  #257
WhiteLight*
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 16,082
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockies94 View Post
Lol, you must live life off of Moneyball. Who would you rather have Toews or Backstrom? Datsyuk or Thornton?
Moneyball is just an example of what makes sense.

Datsyuk and Thornton? Are you serious? Easily Datsyuk.

Toews and Backstrom are close, but it's Toews. They provide similar offensive production believe it or not.

But for example, if Lando becomes a 60 point Selke winner and Huberdeau, an 80 point forward, I'd take Huberdeau.

Good offensive players have a certain athletic ability, hockey sense and skill. What they are lacking on the defensive side of the game can be acquired through coaching and compete level.

Players with lesser talent who are good defensively through high compete level can't magically become significantly better offensively. Also, there aren't many offensive players that are actual defensive liabilities out there. Good defensive play and physical play by top guys is overrated.

WhiteLight* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 04:37 AM
  #258
Pitlick*
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,134
vCash: 500
2011 Re-draft

I don't think this one has been done yet. What sparked my interest was Mark Schiefele's great performance vs London. He had been viewed as the weak link of the top 10, now he looks really legit. The whole top 10 looks great now. I don't see a single bust there, which is unusual. I want to see other people's lists before I attempt one, as I haven't personally watched a lot of the players. The whole 1st round looks strong. 2nd round looks great. 3rd and even 4th have some good players also.


Last edited by Pitlick*: 05-09-2013 at 04:49 AM.
Pitlick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 07:50 AM
  #259
Whileee
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 21,269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitlick View Post
I don't think this one has been done yet. What sparked my interest was Mark Schiefele's great performance vs London. He had been viewed as the weak link of the top 10, now he looks really legit. The whole top 10 looks great now. I don't see a single bust there, which is unusual. I want to see other people's lists before I attempt one, as I haven't personally watched a lot of the players. The whole 1st round looks strong. 2nd round looks great. 3rd and even 4th have some good players also.
I agree, the top end of the 2011 draft looks pretty solid. I'm not sure I would shuffle the first 10 picks around that much, other than to perhaps slide Dougie Hamilton up. Scheifele was a bit of a question mark that high, but seems to be justifying his selection in the top 10.

Whileee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 09:21 AM
  #260
Daley Tarasenkshow
#turtlemode
 
Daley Tarasenkshow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: St. Louis MO
Country: United States
Posts: 5,209
vCash: 500
I think Larsson drops and Jaskin becomes a 1st.

Daley Tarasenkshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 10:36 AM
  #261
Trafalgar McLaw
Waive Dallas Eakins
 
Trafalgar McLaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,927
vCash: 500
IMO the top 10 would go:

RNH

Landeskog
Huberdeau
Brodin

Hamilton
Zibanejad
Larsson
Strome
Schiefele
Couturier

Jonas Brodin was the shock of the draft.

Trafalgar McLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 10:46 AM
  #262
Rolen
Mikael Ferlund
 
Rolen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: London, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 803
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnoctophas View Post
IMO the top 10 would go:

RNH

Landeskog
Huberdeau
Brodin

Hamilton
Zibanejad
Larsson
Strome
Schiefele
Couturier

Jonas Brodin was the shock of the draft.
Baertschi has to be somewhere in there.

Rolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 11:10 AM
  #263
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,712
vCash: 500
Looking back, I think Jaskin would merrit being a 1st round pick.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 11:28 AM
  #264
doubledown99
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,111
vCash: 500
Wow Brodin and Hamilton are looking like awesome picks. I think both could be top in the top 5 if draft was redone today

doubledown99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 11:36 AM
  #265
Hopkins to Hall
****************
 
Hopkins to Hall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 815
vCash: 500
I would re-order it:

Hopkins
Landeskog
Huberdeau
Brodin
Hamilton
Couturier
Larsson
Zibanejad
Baertschi
Scheifele
Strome
Klefbom

Aslo think Ty Rattie makes it into the first round as well.

Hopkins to Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 02:48 PM
  #266
Lazarrr
Registered User
 
Lazarrr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,399
vCash: 500
I still take Zibanejad at 6. Even over Brodin.

Lazarrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 03:22 PM
  #267
Hale The Villain
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,453
vCash: 500
1. Landeskog
2. Huberdeau
3. Nugent Hopkins
4. Zibanejad
5. Brodin
6. Baertschi
7. Saad
8. Larsson
9. Hamilton
10. Strome

Hale The Villain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 03:27 PM
  #268
startainfection*
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Long Island
Posts: 7,654
vCash: 500
i still take strome at 5

startainfection* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 03:30 PM
  #269
Joey Moss
5-14-6-1
 
Joey Moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: McDavid
Posts: 26,549
vCash: 50
1. Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
2. Gabriel Landeskog
3. Jonathan Huberdeau
4. Jonas Brodin
5. Dougie Hamilton
6. Adam Larsson
7. Brandon Saad
8. Mark Scheifele
9. Mika Zibanejad
10. Sean Couturier
11. Ryan Strome
12. Sven Baertschi
13. Oscar Klefbom
14. Nathan Beaulieu
15. Ty Rattie/John Gibson

Looks like a good draft so far.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 03:39 PM
  #270
Jesus Christ Horburn
Registered User
 
Jesus Christ Horburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Country: Ireland
Posts: 13,942
vCash: 500
Strictly in terms of centers:

1) RNH
2) Landeskog
3) Huberdeau
4) Brodin
5) Scheifele
6) Hamilton
7) Larsson
8) Couturier
9) Saad
10) Zibanejad

Jesus Christ Horburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 03:48 PM
  #271
herashak
Registered User
 
herashak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 4,249
vCash: 50
dont think schiefele belongs in the top 10 untill he makes the jets

herashak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 09:21 PM
  #272
Trafalgar McLaw
Waive Dallas Eakins
 
Trafalgar McLaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,927
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolen View Post
Baertschi has to be somewhere in there.
Bartschi is #11 for me, although I think he could move as high as 7th depending on if he plays like the first 15 games or like the last 15 games next season.

Trafalgar McLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 09:25 PM
  #273
BondraTime
Registered User
 
BondraTime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: East Coast
Posts: 8,452
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJG View Post
Strictly in terms of centers:

1) RNH
2) Landeskog
3) Huberdeau
4) Brodin
5) Scheifele
6) Hamilton
7) Larsson
8) Couturier
9) Saad
10) Zibanejad
Strictly in terms of Centers?

BondraTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 09:34 PM
  #274
Hockeygirl95*
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 176
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnoctophas View Post
Bartschi is #11 for me, although I think he could move as high as 7th depending on if he plays like the first 15 games or like the last 15 games next season.

He had one assist in his first 10 games of the year, he was mostly playing bottom 6 time. He got sent down to the AHL for a month.

After getting recalled he went pointless in his first three games, but finished the year on a 7 game point streak (3 goals, 6 assists), he started to get more minutes/PP team and was able to start producing.

He still has lots to learn at the NHL level, but it was nice to see him produce when given the opportunity.

Hockeygirl95* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 09:45 PM
  #275
Aceboogie
Registered User
 
Aceboogie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 19,958
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hale The Villain View Post
1. Landeskog
2. Huberdeau
3. Nugent Hopkins
4. Zibanejad
5. Brodin
6. Baertschi
7. Saad
8. Larsson
9. Hamilton
10. Strome
How do you have huberdeau over RNH, RNH crushed his rookie season ppg, while being a better center

Aceboogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:47 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.