HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Diablo 3 - Stay Awhile And Listen

Closed Thread

Old
01-12-2013, 12:41 AM
Zodiac

vCash: 500
so the new 1.0.7 patch will be coming fairly soon ...

...some changes listed here ...
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8414560/

Old
01-12-2013, 05:32 PM
Lebowski

I hate their concept of aseptic duels so bad. Buffing and nerfing skills to make it "more even", needing you to talk to some dude to set up an area to make a perfectly equitable duel...

I loved the good ol' free for all that often turned into **** storms back in D2, where you could make party and duel whoever you wanted as you wished. Their new concept might be good actually, as long as you don't take out the old dueling method. Having both options would be great.

Coming from a guy that haven't even played D3 yet... The game is still sitting on my shelter, waiting for me to get a better computer .

Old
01-15-2013, 04:38 PM
Zodiac

the PTR is up today (haven't tried it myself).

here's a vid of some dueling that's going on there now.

i've seen a few posts from ppl saying that Monks and Demon Hunters are overpowered. seen a few say that Barbs aren't doing so well ...which is somewhat surprising to me.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8414...otes-1_15_2013

Old
01-15-2013, 07:04 PM
BeBen*

I'll give this game another serious shot to get sucked back in

If you wanna play with me just add me up

BeBen#1446

Managing MP3 slowly with my release gear but if MP3 doesn't give more XP i'll stick to regular inferno, i kinda wanna level my paragon level before scavenging for rare ****

Last edited by BeBen*: 01-15-2013 at 07:10 PM.
Old
01-15-2013, 09:09 PM
Buddio
CFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeBen View Post
I'll give this game another serious shot to get sucked back in

If you wanna play with me just add me up

BeBen#1446

Managing MP3 slowly with my release gear but if MP3 doesn't give more XP i'll stick to regular inferno, i kinda wanna level my paragon level before scavenging for rare ****
MP1/2 is the most efficient for exp/item farming speed.

Old
01-16-2013, 03:32 AM
Zodiac

tried the PTR for a bit tonight ...just played the pvp for about 2 hours.

its nothing fantastic. there's 1 map and its quite small. Witch Doctor was by far the most over powered character, imo ...at least against my Demon Hunter. melee classes were a bit of a joke ...especially Barbs, but most Monks were nothing to write home about either. Wizards were probably the next best, imo.

from what i've seen so far, the best pvp characters in order are:

Witch Doctor
Wizard
Demon Hunter (Wiz and Demon Hunter are pretty close really ...could be a draw)
Monk
Barbarian

gets kinda boring fairly quick to be honest. its just a 4 player free for all. Diablo 2 pvp was definitely more enjoyable (was like 8 players and you could team up in parties, areas were much bigger, etc ...was just a lot better)

we'll see where this goes from here, tho. there may be hope yet.

Old
01-17-2013, 03:17 PM
BeBen*

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7592242994#1

Great timing to come back to the game lol

**** that loser.

Old
01-18-2013, 09:47 PM
Joseppi

vCash: 131
Indeed. It'll be interesting to see what direction they go with for a new director. I get the feeling they'll be strongly looking outside the company for a fresh face. Can't see anyone from Blizzard north coming back.

Old
02-12-2013, 05:56 PM
Joseppi

Patch 1.07 was released today. Servers are still down for maintenance atm, but patch will be live when they start back up.

A brief overview:
  • Some Monk/Wizard skills/abilities were reworked (lots o buffs for both)
  • A watered down pvp mode called "Brawling" has been added. No rules, no teams, just open pvp. Specific area for it
  • A new rank of gem was added for each type
  • High level rubies are now much more potent, and are preferred for fast attack speed classes over crit damage in some cases. It's viable now
  • New craftable items that have a chance to roll BIS (shoulders, bracers, gloves, and amulet)
  • XP from higher level monster power has been significantly increased (MP1 25%, up from 10%, MP5 165%, up from 60%, MP10 510%, up from 160%)
  • Reflect damage reworked to only reflect for small periods of time, and there is now a visual when it's active
  • New crafting reagent added from inferno elites (% drop rate scales with monster power) used in crafting new craftable items/gems

There's a fair bit more to the patch, but you can get detailed information here

http://www.***********/r/Diablo/comme...ed_plain_text/

And now, here's a picture of my hardcore WD dinging P70

edit: and the servers are now live

Last edited by Joseppi: 02-12-2013 at 09:41 PM.
Old
03-19-2013, 12:02 PM
Joseppi

Necro'd!

I've really enjoyed the changes they've made in 1.07. It's affected the hardcore side more than the softcore side, but crafting has been an effective gold sink for the players that can afford it. I've personally spent over 200 million hardcore gold on it, and I don't see myself stopping anytime soon. The crafting has also opened up a new market in tomes - they're 22k a piece in hardcore. Every new crafted piece requires tomes, and the demand is higher than the supply in hardcore. It's also driven up the price of brims to 280k, as the ammy craft requires it.

The XP changes to the monster powers was also something sorely needed - I don't feel compelled to do low MP runs with hellfire/ruby anymore. I can just crank up the MPs, equip my normal gear, and get similar xp/hr with much better drops.

Good changes all around.

Some planned upcoming changes in the next patch (1.08) include
  • Increased mob density for inferno difficulty in acts I, II, and IV (no more act III over and over again for xp!)
  • Identify all
  • Multi-crafting. No more mindless clicking to make gems
  • AH gear compare. No more linking then joining game to compare items
  • Co-op incentive. They haven't released any details, but they have said that they want to offer something to give players incentive to play co-op, while at the same time not wanting to make it feel mandatory

And for patch 1.09 and beyond
  1. Scaled legendaries - every legendary in the game can drop at every level, at the level of the monster that dropped it. For example, you can get a level 10 skorn off a level 10 monster, and level 63 Boj Anglers off a level 63 monster
  2. Less item drops, but better stat rolls - for example, instead of the mod roll of 11-80 for all resist, maybe it'll be 55-80 now. They will do this for all stats, allowing for more valuable drops, though less of them in general. A good change imo
  3. Increased item diversity - adding special abilities to certain legendaries, such as a Voodoo Mask that increases pet damage, a Barbarian set that makes Call of the Ancients last until they die (after they give them full pet survivability), a Wizard Orb that allowed for two Hydras to be active at once, or some ethereal boots that would allow you to walk through monsters
  4. Transmogrification - those that play(ed) World of Warcraft know what this means, but for those that don't, it will allow you to change the appearance of your gear to any other piece of gear for the slot that you own. Sick of seeing every char of your class look the same way? Not anymore. Make that zuni helm a quetzalcoatl and look like the WD from the menu!
  5. A much greater focus on farming monsters rather than the AH - Blizz wants to move away from the auction house model and give players a chance to find their own items
  6. Increased chance to drop items for your own class - sick of getting good items for every class but your own? This should help with that
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8953696/

And now some pictures
Getting close...

And my self buffed stats

DiabloProgress Armory

Old
03-19-2013, 12:38 PM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

I don't play this anymore, but it's hilarious that they have a Transmogrifier.

Old
03-23-2013, 03:33 PM
Joseppi

Old
03-23-2013, 03:44 PM
Orpheus
Valar Morgulis

Guess this goes here:

Console version of D3 has offline play and no RMAH.

Old
03-23-2013, 10:58 PM
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseppi View Post

how long did it take you? Does D3 have the same time played stats as WoW?

Old
03-28-2013, 12:28 PM
Joseppi

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorOfGandhi View Post
how long did it take you? Does D3 have the same time played stats as WoW?
It has something similar in the character select screen, and I was at 431 hours 22 minutes shortly after hitting 100.

Keep in mind I wasn't powerleveled, started with horrendous gear, and did a lot of key runs and ubers runs in there. With the recent changes to xp scaling with monster power, some gear to start, and some powerleveling, I probably could've knocked 100+ hours off that.

My buddy Protatoe is paragon 83 on his WD after only 150~ hours, since most of his levels have come after the xp scaling patch (we do mp5 runs)

edit: djclarke, the cm wiz in my p100 picture died a couple days back. 2nd wiz of his dead in 2 months. Hardcore is hardcore

Last edited by Joseppi: 03-28-2013 at 12:45 PM.
Old
05-08-2013, 12:10 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Geez... What a **** storm.

http://www.***********/r/gaming/comme...cially_broken/

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8770118014

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Old
05-08-2013, 02:16 PM
Zodiac

it was somewhat entertaining reading the diablo3 forums yesterday ...all the crying and complaining was epic. so many posters were saying if Blizzard don't do a rollback they're quitting, etc ...then the news that there's not gonna be a rollback ...loved it.

the economy was complete trash anyway ...couldn't care less about what happened.

here's a video of some guy looking to buy his friend's items for '2 beez' so they'd be able to keep the gold/ make it harder for blizzard to track it down, etc.

he got banned, but whatever. just buy another copy i guess and collect all your 'beez' later.

Old
05-08-2013, 07:59 PM
karnige
Real Life FTL

forgot about this game. I never did finish it I have to get back into it

Old
05-09-2013, 04:34 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

D3 is such an enormous disaster. I could probably sit down and play hours of D2 right now; I can only manage about an hour of D3. No depth, the item drops are never good enough in a game driven by items, etc.

05-09-2013, 06:02 PM
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I could probably sit down and play hours of D2 right now
"All who oppose me...beware."

Old
05-09-2013, 08:56 PM
P U L L H A R D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
D3 is such an enormous disaster. I could probably sit down and play hours of D2 right now; I can only manage about an hour of D3. No depth, the item drops are never good enough in a game driven by items, etc.
We'd be good chums irl.

Old
05-10-2013, 07:07 AM
Sir Richard 37
311 Has Grassroots.

Economy was already in shambles.

InigoMontoya (the kid Zodiac linked in the vid) is probably my favorite D3 streamer, shame to see him handle this so immaturely. Yeah, he didn't do anything malicious like use the duped gold to buy and sell gems on the RMAH, but streaming the exploit in front of four thousand viewers is just silly. He was building a pretty good relationship with Blizzard, now he's just decided to "ride the troll wave," (direct quote from him yesterday) instead of acknowledge that it was a mistake. Talking about going to Blizzcon just to troll, etc. Foolish stuff.

His accounts were banned, but let's be real, his most loyal followers will make sure he's back up to speed in no time.

The battle.net forums are pretty entertaining, people want Inigo charged with crimes and stuff, kind of humorous.

Old
05-10-2013, 01:05 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus View Post
Guess this goes here:

Console version of D3 has offline play and no RMAH.
This made me laugh.

Old
05-11-2013, 09:35 PM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

Anyone else playing? I had never partied before, but now it's pretty sweet / easy. Also the crafting options are vastly improved imo; the Amulet of Strength and Archon Gloves of Strength have been fun to spam with the Demonic Essences I get from farming. I hadn't played in ages and went from Paragon 5 to 12 in a few hours.

Wulfgang#1431; add me if you're interested. I'm not an elite player by any means, but I'm ok (~90k DPS, ~35k HP Barb).

Old
05-12-2013, 01:07 AM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I started playing the game again. Added you, but I'm a noob, level 25 regular lol.

Closed Thread