HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Martin Havlat 5/1 [Video]

Old
05-09-2013, 03:52 PM
Inub0i
I will Q

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Inub0i Send a message via MSN to Inub0i Send a message via Skype™ to Inub0i
Wow...

Then what the hell hurt him?

Inub0i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 04:02 PM
FeedingFrenzy

Cmon guys, Havlats a stud!!!Who cares if he is oft injured and not earning his 5mil$ paycheck.. When he's in the lineup we are so much better..............

I mean why bother trying a youngster or maybe someone who is less expensive and not injury prone..Maybe someone who can play more often than not..Oh that's right, I forgot, according to most of you Havlat is a one of a kind player and nobody else in the NHL can replace his production..Gosh I feel so stupid....What was I thinking????

FeedingFrenzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 04:04 PM
Arrch

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedingFrenzy View Post
Oh that's right, I forgot, according to most of you Havlat is a one of a kind player and nobody else in the NHL can replace his production..Gosh I feel so stupid....What was I thinking????
Hyperbole.

Arrch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 04:05 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Quote:
Cmon guys, Havlats a stud!!!Who cares if he is oft injured and not earning his 5mil$ paycheck.. When he's in the lineup we are so much better..............

I mean why bother trying a youngster or maybe someone who is less expensive and not injury prone..Maybe someone who can play more often than not..Oh that's right, I forgot, according to most of you Havlat is a one of a kind player and nobody else in the NHL can replace his production..Gosh I feel so stupid....What was I thinking????
What youngster?

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 04:16 PM
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin

Quote:

We are better with him...

Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 04:17 PM
FeedingFrenzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
What youngster?
At this point, any warm body is better than Havlat...Cant produce if you dont play.Is there a law or rule that says you couldnt play one of the following??

Hamilton, Neito,Oleksuk,Tiereny,Tarasov

How do ANY OF YOU KNOW how these youngsters would perform in the PO's??? Speculate all you want, give a youngster a shot.....Its not rocket science...

Old
05-09-2013, 04:18 PM
FeedingFrenzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatrick Marleau View Post
We are better with him...
small sample size...

Old
05-09-2013, 04:18 PM
Inub0i
I will Q

Send a message via AIM to Inub0i Send a message via MSN to Inub0i Send a message via Skype™ to Inub0i
Yes, the Sharks ARE better with Havlat, but he is of no use to us when he'w hurt all the time. I just wish the hockey gods would stop smiting us and allow Havlat to be HEALTHY for a whole season.

Why!!!!!!!!!

Inub0i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 04:19 PM
Graveland
HONE YOUR CRAFT

Ugh not more Kennedy..give havlat whatever miracle drug Karlsson used.

Graveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 04:21 PM
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin

Quote:
At this point, any warm body is better than Havlat...Cant produce if you dont play.Is there a law or rule that says you couldnt play one of the following??

How do ANY OF YOU KNOW how these youngsters would perform in the PO's??? Speculate all you want, give a youngster a shot.....Its not rocket science...
Nieto can't play and none of the guys you listed are gonna replace Havlat. Hamilton could maybe get a shot on the 4th line with Burish out. But to just give them a top 6 role is a recipe for disaster, especially since we are in the playoffs.

Old
05-09-2013, 04:23 PM
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin

Quote:
small sample size...
In the two seasons he has been here: record with Havlat>>record without Havlat.

Old
05-09-2013, 04:28 PM
murdock1116

Havlat needs to put on some weight if he wants to play a full season. He should be on the fatty patty diet! The guy is bulky AND still has his speed

murdock1116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 04:29 PM
ChompChomp
SACK T-MAC

Quote:

Early on in juniors Acolatse played forward. How about Desi-Gomez-Acolatse?

Then not only do we have the pride of Fremont (until age 10) playing in the NHL playoffs for the Sharks, but we have two guys in the lineup who can "Byfuglien" the Hawks if that is who we draw next.

ChompChomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 04:30 PM
couturefan39

Havlat is a *****. It's the playoffs, majority of everybody plays injured, nobody is 100%. Suck it up and play, you make 5 million dollars a season.

couturefan39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 04:54 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:

Nieto and Tarasov aren't signed to ELCs for this season. But besides, that, yes, I do know 100% that Havlat is better than Hamilton, Oleksuk (often a healthy scratch in the AHL), and Tierney (couldn't break a PPG in the OHL on a stacked team).

This Havlat thing you're one is starting to get really pathetic.

Old
05-09-2013, 05:05 PM
Mattb124

Quote:
Is there a law or rule that says you couldnt play one of the following??

A rule, yes. How much value do you think we place in the opinion of someone who doesn't know enough about hockey to understand that?

Mattb124 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 05:08 PM
CrazedZooChimp
Not enough guts

vCash: 1875
Send a message via AIM to CrazedZooChimp
Quote:

According to capgeek, all of Nieto, Tierney and Tarasov aren't under contract for this year, so there is a rule saying they can't play. Oleksuk scored fewer points in the AHL than Havlat did in the NHL this year.

Hamilton is really the only one of those who might be an option. I'm guessing if anyone knows whether he could step in it would be the Sharks staff, what with them, you know, coaching him and evaluating him and whatnot.

Havlat also played 40 games this year, it's not like he was hurt all season.

CrazedZooChimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 05:09 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazedZooChimp View Post
According to capgeek, all of Nieto, Tierney and Tarasov aren't under contract for this year, so there is a rule saying they can't play. Oleksuk scored fewer points in the AHL than Havlat did in the NHL this year.

Hamilton is really the only one of those who might be an option. I'm guessing if anyone knows whether he could step in it would be the Sharks staff, what with them, you know, coaching him and evaluating him and whatnot.
He's talking about replacing Havlat. Hamlilton can't even close to do that. Frankly, it's a stretch that Hamilton would be an adequate 4th liner right now. Only reason I think it's remotely plausible is his hockey sense.

Old
05-09-2013, 05:15 PM
one2gamble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Dylan View Post
Ugh not more Kennedy..give havlat whatever miracle drug Karlsson used.
roids?

one2gamble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 05:15 PM
CrazedZooChimp
Not enough guts

vCash: 1875
Send a message via AIM to CrazedZooChimp
Quote:
He's talking about replacing Havlat. Hamlilton can't even close to do that. Frankly, it's a stretch that Hamilton would be an adequate 4th liner right now. Only reason I think it's remotely plausible is his hockey sense.
Right, I meant Hamilton was the only option to make the line-up at all, I certainly don't think any could replace Havlat

CrazedZooChimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 05:24 PM
FeedingFrenzy

Quote:
Nieto can't play and none of the guys you listed are gonna replace Havlat. Hamilton could maybe get a shot on the 4th line with Burish out. But to just give them a top 6 role is a recipe for disaster, especially since we are in the playoffs.
And havlat has yet to play this post season(barely) so why not try a rookie in his place for the PO's?? If Marty is out why not????

Quote:
Nieto and Tarasov aren't signed to ELCs for this season. But besides, that, yes, I do know 100% that Havlat is better than Hamilton, Oleksuk (often a healthy scratch in the AHL), and Tierney (couldn't break a PPG in the OHL on a stacked team).

This Havlat thing you're one is starting to get really pathetic.
Then quit wasting YOUR TIME, Havlat is too injury prone to keep. IMO .
I am allowed to have an opinion, and whether you like it or not doesn't concern me really. Simple solution is to not respond..I am not the only one who thinks Havlat has underwhelmed in his time here due to injury, I just voice my opinion moreso than some others.

Quote:
And i was talking about playing a youngster NOW while Marty is injured....Quit trying to tell me what I am thinking. Check all my other post out, I want him gone next year and someone cheaper/younger to replace him..The guy is hurt RIGHT NOW.....

Old
05-09-2013, 05:25 PM
FeedingFrenzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattb124 View Post
A rule, yes. How much value do you think we place in the opinion of someone who doesn't know enough about hockey to understand that?
So because I dont know all the inner-workings of contracts and AHL /NHL guidelines means I dont understand Hockey..

edit..Like I really care what you think??? Whether you agree or disagree is irrelevant, its a forum to discuss hockey....I choose to discuss Havlat and his lack of health. Hard for a line to get some unity when 1 of the 3 is hit and miss with injuries...

Old
05-09-2013, 05:30 PM
FeedingFrenzy

Quote:
In the two seasons he has been here: record with Havlat>>record without Havlat.
And we have what to show for it???

Old
05-09-2013, 05:37 PM
Arrch

Quote:
And we have what to show for it???
A better record.

Arrch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old