HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

The Bruins' Luck

Old
05-09-2013, 01:37 PM
TonsofPuppies*
#ThePriceIsRight

vCash: 500
I don't know what games you guys are watching but outside of the 2nd and 3rd periods of game 1, this has been a very even series. Both teams have played well. My opinions about the Bruins' luck is not me saying they're a bad team or have been playing badly. My point is that with both teams playing pretty equally, all the posts we've hit in the series are a big reason why we're in a 3-1 hole despite fairly even play.

TonsofPuppies* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 01:38 PM
egd27
#freethebigpicture

Let me preface this by saying I am in no way comparing the TEAMS, but merely the scenario.

I can remember watching the 1983 SCF between the young Oilers and the veteran Islanders. Watching the games it looked like the Oilers were outplaying the Islanders, yet the Isles capitalized on Oiler mistakes, rode a hot goalie, and swept it in 4.

When it was over, people just shook their heads, and even went as far saying how unlucky Edmonton was. It's not luck, it's patience, execution, and experience.

After going through that series, the Oilers learned and grew as a team and came back the following year and beat the Islanders.

This is great experience for the Leafs if they learn from it. It is not luck that has the Bruins up 3-1, it's patience, execution, and experience.

And I say again, I am not comparing the Leafs to the 83 Oilers, I am using a similar experience to illustrate a point.

egd27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 01:52 PM
KrejciMVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felstead View Post
I dissagree completely. I didn't really buy into this so called "luck" that the bruins were getting, but it was really apparent last night.

Cheating on icings for more of a "timeout" Thats brutal
Diving more times than not
Scoring the silliest and dumbest goals I'v probably ever seen. There is no gameplan its just.."shoot" slapshot, puck goes wide, comes to other Dman, slapshot, puck goes wide. Its the same thing every single time, no finesse involved at all.

I wasn't expecting us to win this series at the start or probably even now. On a fair game though where there isnt this "cheating" bs going on by the bruins....We win.
first Clay now this?????

KrejciMVP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 02:04 PM
LEAFS FAN 4 EVER
GO LEAFS GO

I guess you can call this a lucky break but right before the Bruins 2nd goal last night Grabovski had his stick slashed in half right in front of the ref and a penalty wasn't called, so the goal should never have happened since they should have gone to play 4 on 4. Plus on that same goal Darren Dreger said it should have been Goaltender Interference.

LEAFS FAN 4 EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 04:06 PM
The Legend
Stamkos in 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokil View Post
11v9 or 13v10 are virtually identical, i'm not about splitting hairs here

if someone gets 1-2 more shots they aren't crowned the better team

incredibly wrong? gtfo
You said we outshot them one period. We outshot them in three periods. I'm not sure how that's splitting hairs, but whatever works for you I guess.

The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 04:23 PM
TonsofPuppies*
#ThePriceIsRight

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
You said we outshot them one period. We outshot them in three periods. I'm not sure how that's splitting hairs, but whatever works for you I guess.

Old
05-09-2013, 06:17 PM
Frankie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alflives View Post
What if the goalies are switched? Do you not think the series would be 3-1 for the Leafs?
don't know. maybe.

but what's the point of that? the goalies can't be switched. rask is part of the bruins team, reimer is part of the leafs team.

Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 06:23 PM
HellasLEAF
Komarov has cometh..

Quote:
Originally Posted by egd27 View Post
Let me preface this by saying I am in no way comparing the TEAMS, but merely the scenario.

I can remember watching the 1983 SCF between the young Oilers and the veteran Islanders. Watching the games it looked like the Oilers were outplaying the Islanders, yet the Isles capitalized on Oiler mistakes, rode a hot goalie, and swept it in 4.

When it was over, people just shook their heads, and even went as far saying how unlucky Edmonton was. It's not luck, it's patience, execution, and experience.

After going through that series, the Oilers learned and grew as a team and came back the following year and beat the Islanders.

This is great experience for the Leafs if they learn from it. It is not luck that has the Bruins up 3-1, it's patience, execution, and experience.

And I say again, I am not comparing the Leafs to the 83 Oilers, I am using a similar experience to illustrate a point.
Very true.

Still hurts but we just have to go through these experiences as a team in order to win one day.

Still sucks though. Would have been nice to draw Montreal, we would have beat them for sure I have no doubt.

HellasLEAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 06:28 PM
Joe Pesci
Do I amuse you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
Do you have any actual rationale behind this, other than "we're always bad in the second half"?
It's not even true FFS. The second half collapse happened only last year, 1 out of 9 playoff-less years for the Leafs, every other year it was the Leafs being ****** for most of the season, before going on some futile run at the end of the year. It's absolute bull **** that we've been labelled as a choking team for something that has only happened once in the last decade.

Bruins have been opportunistic, maybe a bit lucky, but definitely opportunistic. Our inexperience has led to us giving up a ton of turnovers to an experienced Bruins squad, and they;ve made us pay for it the entire series.

Joe Pesci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 03:53 PM
hockeyfanz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
don't know. maybe.

but what's the point of that? the goalies can't be switched. rask is part of the bruins team, reimer is part of the leafs team.

"What if the goalies are switched? Do you not think the series would be 3-1 for the Leafs?"

I don't think Tuuka Rask has outplayed James Reimer by much. Both goalies have let in soft goals. Both goalies have played spectacular at times. If Terry Sawchuk was in net for the Leafs would they be up? Who cares?

How bout living in reality?

** After Game 5 in Boston..who thinks Rask is far superior to Reimer now? Rask = two weak goals...Reimer= Outstanding = Game 6 **

Last edited by hockeyfanz: 05-11-2013 at 09:56 AM.
hockeyfanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 04:01 PM
darrylsittler27

When the Bruins win,they win big.

Yes they get away with crosschecks from behind but Rask has been better than Reimer who is getting trail by fire.Now we know why Nonnis enquired about Kiprosoff.Rask has been better than Luongo too. Reimer isn't quite settled yet while Bruins have looked strong every 2nd game.Our Center compared to theirs is weaker and Rask is that 10 percent sharper than Reimer.Wash,Pitts would have given us fits as well.Win 3 in a row,ummm no. This series should wake us up to our idol worhsip of some players. We just aren't good enough a team yet and Kessel needs that number one center,wheras Lupul doesn't.

The refing is funny but Boston deserves to be up.

darrylsittler27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 06:49 PM
TonsofPuppies*
#ThePriceIsRight

So... another period dominated by the Leafs, another goalpost. This is a recording.

Old
05-10-2013, 08:54 PM
TonsofPuppies*
#ThePriceIsRight

FINALLY Leafs get luck on their side for once. 2 posts by the Bruins in the 3rd and we hang on. Hopefully we get our fair share of breaks going forward.