HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 NHL Playoffs

Closed Thread

Old
05-09-2013, 05:07 PM
bohlmeister
$$ For Sale $$

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs For Life View Post
PURE GOLD

How can you not put in effort in the playoffs...
Normally I would say there was nothing really he could have done, but if he was skating I think he could have been back.

Old
05-09-2013, 05:15 PM
hawk30

vCash: 500
Ovechkin looks less foolish than at least 2 of his teammates do in that .gif.

Old
05-09-2013, 05:43 PM
Avs For Life
#92 #9 #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohlmeister View Post
Normally I would say there was nothing really he could have done, but if he was skating I think he could have been back.
That is my thought as well...Had he been skating he may have been able to at LEAST stick check if not play the body and force a wide shot or no shot at all.

He really isnt that far away

Old
05-09-2013, 06:02 PM
bohlmeister
$$ For Sale $$

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk30 View Post
Ovechkin looks less foolish than at least 2 of his teammates do in that .gif.
Effort>No Effort.

At least that is my opinion.

Old
05-09-2013, 06:34 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 645
Same old Budaj.

Old
05-09-2013, 07:00 PM
The Shermanator
Regular Sized Rudy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
Same old Budaj.
Second goal wasn't his fault.

Old
05-09-2013, 07:12 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

vCash: 905
Even I, someone who has backed Dater plenty on this forum, am starting to get REALLY annoyed with this

Quote:
adater ‏@adater 21m
Craig Anderson trade just keeps looking worse and worse for Avs.
It's as if he has just forgotten the Crap-Tastic way that Anderson played for us on his way out...all because he didn't like the contract offer we gave him (which I still think was MORE than fair)

Thought I'd been in love before, but in my heart I wanted more. Seems like all I really was doing was waiting for you - John Lennon/The Beatles
Old
05-09-2013, 07:19 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 645
Nabokov doing his best Fleury impersonation.

Old
05-09-2013, 07:23 PM
Avs For Life
#92 #9 #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
Even I, someone who has backed Dater plenty on this forum, am starting to get REALLY annoyed with this

It's as if he has just forgotten the Crap-Tastic way that Anderson played for us on his way out...all because he didn't like the contract offer we gave him (which I still think was MORE than fair)
Yep...He was worthless for us until we traded him. Then all of a sudden he started playing hard again.

Dater, in his latest podcast, blames the bad play on a hurt knee.

Either way...like you said, the offer was more than fair.

Old
05-09-2013, 07:26 PM
Avs For Life
#92 #9 #29

Wow, Tavares with some sick dekes... too bad he didnt score.

Old
05-09-2013, 07:36 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

vCash: 905
Quote:
Yep...He was worthless for us until we traded him. Then all of a sudden he started playing hard again.

That's just a crock of an excuse.

The minute he started playing for Ottawa he helped pull them past the Avalanche in the standings that year. In my eyes, he wanted out and whether he consciously did it or not he wasn't playing to the level he could have played to, and showed that he was capable of after getting traded.

Old
05-09-2013, 07:38 PM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post

Quote:

The biggest reason Dater is full of **** is because Anderson really isn't that much better than Elliott. He is better but not so much that the AVs beat writer should be bringing that trade up every week, especially since neither player has suited up for the AVs the last two seasons.

Old
05-09-2013, 07:42 PM
bohlmeister
$$ For Sale $$

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatriated_texan View Post
The biggest reason Dater is full of **** is because Anderson really isn't that much better than Elliott. He is better but not so much that the AVs beat writer should be bringing that trade up every week, especially since neither player has suited up for the AVs the last two seasons.

Like Brian Elliott? He is waaaaaay better than Elliott.

Old
05-09-2013, 07:43 PM
JoemAvs

vCash: 250
Quote:

I disagree. Anderson is so much better than Elliott it is not even funny. Sherm did screw it up with Anderson. I am happy with Varly but lets not pretend that Anderson would not have been a great goalie for years to come if we would not have botched the negotiations.

I know that he was asking for too much. But why on earth are the Avs the only team that I know that has a habit of letting those situations get way out of hand...

Well. Was not happy ( hated it) with the return then and I am not happy with the return now. But in a way we got Landeskog out of it (I wanted Larsson badly ) so meh. We got Varly and I am fine with it.

Dater is a moron for bringing him up again and again. Especially because he somehow hates Varly for being not Anderson.

Still not a good move by Sherm but he has done worse...

Old
05-09-2013, 07:47 PM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

Quote:

Like Brian Elliott? He is waaaaaay better than Elliott.
No...he's not soo much better that Dater should be bringing up that trade every week. Yes, he is better. Clearly better. But not so ********* good that the AVs beat writer should be bringing up a trade comparing the Sens and Blue's goalies weekly. That trade wasn't as lopsided as Dater believes. Both goalies sucked for us that season. We would've let Andy walk at the end of the season too. It wasn't a bad trade. Now....if you want to talk about the negotiations on an extension prior to the trade...I'm in the choir brother. But that trade was not that terrible.

Old
05-09-2013, 07:51 PM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoemAvs View Post
I disagree. Anderson is so much better than Elliott it is not even funny. Sherm did screw it up with Anderson. I am happy with Varly but lets not pretend that Anderson would not have been a great goalie for years to come if we would not have botched the negotiations.

I know that he was asking for too much. But why on earth are the Avs the only team that I know that has a habit of letting those situations get way out of hand...

Well. Was not happy ( hated it) with the return then and I am not happy with the return now. But in a way we got Landeskog out of it (I wanted Larsson badly ) so meh. We got Varly and I am fine with it.

Dater is a moron for bringing him up again and again. Especially because he somehow hates Varly for being not Anderson.

Still not a good move by Sherm but he has done worse...
Again...I was responding to the fact that Dater is *****ing about a trade between two goalies that both played like complete **** for us that season. It wasn't a bad trade. Anderson is clearly a better goalie but wasn't clearly better enough that season to make it a stupid trade. If he, you or anyone else wants to ***** and complain about the negotiations (or lack thereof) on Andy's contract extension, I've got my pitchfork and torch ready. Dater never mentions the lack of negotiations, the take it or leave nature of the negotiations or the fact that Andy played like **** that season prior to being traded. The whole situation sucked but the trade itself was a wash.

Old
05-09-2013, 07:53 PM
bohlmeister
$$ For Sale $$

Quote:
No...he's not soo much better that Dater should be bringing up that trade every week. Yes, he is better. Clearly better. But not so ********* good that the AVs beat writer should be bringing up a trade comparing the Sens and Blue's goalies weekly. That trade wasn't as lopsided as Dater believes. Both goalies sucked for us that season. We would've let Andy walk at the end of the season too. It wasn't a bad trade. Now....if you want to talk about the negotiations on an extension prior to the trade...I'm in the choir brother. But that trade was not that terrible.
This franchise would have been better keeping Anderson and giving him the mild contract that he wanted. Sherman was a moron in those negotiations, as well as the ROR negotiations. Both players were given take it or leave it offers instead of negotiating like every other franchise in the league.

I am in no way supporting Dater's ridiculous tweets.

And yes, he is at least 1.5 times the goalie Elliott is. At least.

Old
05-09-2013, 07:57 PM
Huis Clos*
Creamy Hamstrings

Dater's a clown shoe.

Old
05-09-2013, 07:58 PM
Huis Clos*
Creamy Hamstrings

Quote:
This franchise would have been better keeping Anderson and giving him the mild contract that he wanted. Sherman was a moron in those negotiations, as well as the ROR negotiations. Both players were given take it or leave it offers instead of negotiating like every other franchise in the league.

I am in no way supporting Dater's ridiculous tweets.

And yes, he is at least 1.5 times the goalie Elliott is. At least.
Both players got more than fair offers. Anderson and O'Reilly acted like petulant children and got away with it.

Old
05-09-2013, 08:01 PM
bohlmeister
$$ For Sale $$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huis Clos View Post
Both players got more than fair offers. Anderson and O'Reilly acted like petulant children and got away with it.
So did Sherman and Co. Assuming you don't have to negotiate with a player is just arrogance. Luckily for the fans of this embarrassing franchise it looks like things are changing.

Old
05-09-2013, 08:06 PM
JoemAvs

Quote:
Again...I was responding to the fact that Dater is *****ing about a trade between two goalies that both played like complete **** for us that season. It wasn't a bad trade. Anderson is clearly a better goalie but wasn't clearly better enough that season to make it a stupid trade. If he, you or anyone else wants to ***** and complain about the negotiations (or lack thereof) on Andy's contract extension, I've got my pitchfork and torch ready. Dater never mentions the lack of negotiations, the take it or leave nature of the negotiations or the fact that Andy played like **** that season prior to being traded. The whole situation sucked but the trade itself was a wash.
I will never defend Dater for his *****ing. He is a jerk.

Still don't like this trade valuewise. Anderson dragged us to the playoffs a year earlier. Yeah he sucked and quit. But why we could not get a 2nd + a failed goaltender from a playoff team out of it is beyond me. Yeah he helped us tank but value???
Elliott clearly sucked and everyone knew it for years. And everyone and there mother expected him to leave after the season.

Old
05-09-2013, 08:13 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
Same old Budaj.
Serious, if you could physically shoot the international space station, Budaj would've somehow let it in.

Last edited by S E P H: 05-09-2013 at 08:26 PM.
Old
05-09-2013, 08:19 PM
JoemAvs

How Karlsson can log this kind of playoff minutes right now is beyond me. I really don't know what falls under "modern medicine" anymore.
Just hope that they don't do something they might later regret.

Adrian Peterson, Karlsson, probably RG III. Scary how soon those guys are recovering as of now.

Bless Derrick Rose for giving me confidence in my old beliefs.

Tearing ACLs and Achilles should not be a 2-3 months affair....

Heck I tore my lateral collateral ligaments and took way longer to recover and still am not confident in going all out...

Old
05-09-2013, 08:30 PM
Avs For Life
#92 #9 #29

Quote:
So did Sherman and Co. Assuming you don't have to negotiate with a player is just arrogance. Luckily for the fans of this embarrassing franchise it looks like things are changing.
TOTALLY Agree

I was upset at both sides during the ROR situation. I was in disbelief that the Avs would not continue to negotiate and at the moeny ROR wanted. As it turned out...it bit the Avs in the butt. Next time negotiate...we might have ROR for 4 mil a year instead of 6.5

Old
05-09-2013, 08:31 PM
The Shermanator
Regular Sized Rudy

Boots

Closed Thread