HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Roster Talk '13 — Norway

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-03-2013, 05:50 PM
  #26
Old Norse Hockey
Registered User
 
Old Norse Hockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Country: Norway
Posts: 195
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenGuru View Post
Norway will reach the QF. No problem. Maybe not greater individual players than Switzerland and Belarus but these players know the system and work very well as a team. I think we have a good chance to beat Sweden too. Like we did 2 years ago

We have beaten Russia (3-2), Finland (3-1), Slovakia (2-1 OT) in the preperation for the tournament. We also lost to Finland and Russia.

Seriously? I know itís easy to get carried away, the QF will be very hard to clinch this year.

Do you know anything about the roster on the Finnish and the Russian team in those games?

Old Norse Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 05:55 PM
  #27
Rillijuti
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 30
vCash: 500
Who is the goalie tomorrow vs Denmark? Haugen or Volden?

Rillijuti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 06:23 PM
  #28
jonas2244
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,198
vCash: 500
I still cannot believe that is possible to get through such a tournament with overplaying Holos and Tollefsen that much. I mean, nearly 30 minutes today for both, and Johansen only used 5D. And he does that in every game, every tournament.

jonas2244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 05:59 AM
  #29
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonas2244 View Post
I still cannot believe that is possible to get through such a tournament with overplaying Holos and Tollefsen that much. I mean, nearly 30 minutes today for both, and Johansen only used 5D. And he does that in every game, every tournament.
Norway is more or less forced to play their best d-men that much, because of the lack of depth beyond the two first d-pairs.
They might rotate all three pairs more in less important matches (the 3 top teams) but against the teams they have to beat for QF (Slovenia, Denmark, Belarus, Switzerland) they have to go for the best on the ice most of the time.
But they have had success the last couple of years, so Tollefsen and HolÝs are used to it!

Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 06:04 AM
  #30
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,361
vCash: 500
So it's DEL + Allsvenskan - with some NHL topping - (Denmark) against SEL + KHL (Norway).

Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 08:52 AM
  #31
TollefsenFan
Registered User
 
TollefsenFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: K-town
Country: Norway
Posts: 2,112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonas2244 View Post
I still cannot believe that is possible to get through such a tournament with overplaying Holos and Tollefsen that much. I mean, nearly 30 minutes today for both, and Johansen only used 5D. And he does that in every game, every tournament.
Well he has to. HolÝs is the only puckmover D on the team. Tollefsen is the stay at home dman. Bonsa, Trygg and Solberg are the "not so terrible" Ds. And then we got Kaunismaki but he just retired right? NÝrstebÝ is to young and the rest sucks.

TollefsenFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 09:40 AM
  #32
KenGuru
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Oslo, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 265
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Norse Hockey View Post
Seriously? I know itís easy to get carried away, the QF will be very hard to clinch this year.

Do you know anything about the roster on the Finnish and the Russian team in those games?

When I saw the first game vs Slovenia I was ekstremely disappointed in Thoresen. What has he been doing after the KHL-season ? He looks out of shape. So I am not sure of QF at all anymore. Call me a mindchanger I dont care

KenGuru is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 12:57 PM
  #33
Ilovemymum
recreational MD
 
Ilovemymum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 832
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenGuru View Post
When I saw the first game vs Slovenia I was ekstremely disappointed in Thoresen. What has he been doing after the KHL-season ? He looks out of shape. So I am not sure of QF at all anymore. Call me a mindchanger I dont care
Johansen told Aftenposten (Newspaper) that he will play Daniel SÝrvik more tonight, using 6 Ds. And Martinsen (DEL) will get more icetime. Not sure, but I think Thoresen would benefit from playing some more with Ask or Martinsen rather Hansen. Last year Johansen shuffled the lines a bit as the tournament progressed, and guess he will do the same to get Thoresen started. Expecting a better game from him today.

Ilovemymum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 03:46 AM
  #34
jonas2244
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,198
vCash: 500
Holtet and Tollefsen receive one suspension for their fouls. They'll have to sit vs. Canada.

Are there any news on the injury of Tollefsen?

jonas2244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 05:40 AM
  #35
KingStian
Registered User
 
KingStian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Norway
Posts: 680
vCash: 500
Not the worst games to have the suspensions, since Canada would have been a very tough game anyway. But the suspensions are laughable.

Tollefsen got a minor boarding, and that's fine, nothing more than that. The suspensions came from a minor leg injury on the play

Holtet's boarding penalty was bearly a penalty at all. The danish player turned and bent over at the last second trying to avoid the hit when he saw Holtet coming. No way should that be suspension. The only reason he got injured was his own actions. The dane has been reported to be done for the tournament, and that is sad news, but it still shouldn't be a suspension.

Iím anxious to see if the Danes get any suspensions from the cheap shot in the back of Tollefsen at the end of the game. He followed him around behind the net and cross checked him in the lower back about six feet from the board. Tollefsen went head first into the board. I still canít believe the zebras didnít call anything on the play. The coach said they would report it after the game, so it will be interesting to see what comes from this. If the Norwegian suspensions come from ďplayer safetyĒ, and they donít touch the hit on Tollefsen, then something is seriously wrong.

KingStian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 05:23 PM
  #36
TollefsenFan
Registered User
 
TollefsenFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: K-town
Country: Norway
Posts: 2,112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingStian View Post
Not the worst games to have the suspensions, since Canada would have been a very tough game anyway. But the suspensions are laughable.

Tollefsen got a minor boarding, and that's fine, nothing more than that. The suspensions came from a minor leg injury on the play

Holtet's boarding penalty was bearly a penalty at all. The danish player turned and bent over at the last second trying to avoid the hit when he saw Holtet coming. No way should that be suspension. The only reason he got injured was his own actions. The dane has been reported to be done for the tournament, and that is sad news, but it still shouldn't be a suspension.

Iím anxious to see if the Danes get any suspensions from the cheap shot in the back of Tollefsen at the end of the game. He followed him around behind the net and cross checked him in the lower back about six feet from the board. Tollefsen went head first into the board. I still canít believe the zebras didnít call anything on the play. The coach said they would report it after the game, so it will be interesting to see what comes from this. If the Norwegian suspensions come from ďplayer safetyĒ, and they donít touch the hit on Tollefsen, then something is seriously wrong.
DahlstrÝm can replace Holtet.

Tollefsen on the other hand cant be replaced.

TollefsenFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2013, 05:01 PM
  #37
Dima_BLR
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Good Old Europe
Country: Belarus
Posts: 204
vCash: 500
so giving up 7 goals on 36 shots by team canada. nice job, volden, lol

Dima_BLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2013, 05:18 PM
  #38
TollefsenFan
Registered User
 
TollefsenFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: K-town
Country: Norway
Posts: 2,112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dima_BLR View Post
so giving up 7 goals on 36 shots by team canada. nice job, volden, lol
Did u watch the game? He made some huge saves. The only problem was the defense infront of him. If u let the Canadians stand all alone in front of the goalie, then u know ur in trouble. So the Ds sucked (3 of em comes from the nor League )

Volden did well. Haugen needed a little rest, because of tomorrows game vs Sweden.

TollefsenFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 10:06 AM
  #39
SirKillalot
Registered User
 
SirKillalot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 4,752
vCash: 390
Tollefsen suspended again...really?

__________________
SirKillalot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 10:47 AM
  #40
jonas2244
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,198
vCash: 500
It should have been more than one game though, very lucky.

jonas2244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 12:28 PM
  #41
TollefsenFan
Registered User
 
TollefsenFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: K-town
Country: Norway
Posts: 2,112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonas2244 View Post
It should have been more than one game though, very lucky.
--------bla--------
--------bla-------
--------bla---------
--------bla----------
bla bla bla bla bla

TollefsenFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 12:30 PM
  #42
TollefsenFan
Registered User
 
TollefsenFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: K-town
Country: Norway
Posts: 2,112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirKillalot View Post
Tollefsen suspended again...really?
**** the IIHF and the NIHF (for not letting MZA play for the national team)

Im pissed, so ****ing PISSED right now

TollefsenFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 12:35 PM
  #43
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TollefsenFan View Post
**** the IIHF and the NIHF (for not letting MZA play for the national team)

Im pissed, so ****ing PISSED right now
Well it didn't help he did the following after the referee had whistled.

From IIHF:
In the opinion of the Disciplinary Panel, Tollefsenís decision to drive his stick with excessive force up and into the groin area of Jšrnkrok was in total disregard of his opponentís safety.

Given the circumstances which include the infraction taking place after a stoppage in play, the time left in the game and the score at the time, Tollefsen not only endangered the health of Jšrnkrok, but also showed a flagrant disregard for the rules of the game and for this he must be held accountable
.

Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 12:46 PM
  #44
TollefsenFan
Registered User
 
TollefsenFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: K-town
Country: Norway
Posts: 2,112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
Well it didn't help he did the following after the referee had whistled.

From IIHF:
In the opinion of the Disciplinary Panel, Tollefsenís decision to drive his stick with excessive force up and into the groin area of Jšrnkrok was in total disregard of his opponentís safety.

Given the circumstances which include the infraction taking place after a stoppage in play, the time left in the game and the score at the time, Tollefsen not only endangered the health of Jšrnkrok, but also showed a flagrant disregard for the rules of the game and for this he must be held accountable
.
Yeah, but Ovi destroyed Jagr in Vancouver and didnt get suspended. Tollefsen tackled Bartecko and got suspended. Both shouldve been suspended, but only the norwegian got suspended. Its stupid.

TollefsenFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 12:59 PM
  #45
Wolfy
Registered User
 
Wolfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 3,141
vCash: 500
I guess the committee is going after Norway for their dirty play. Keep in mind that a Danish player was sent to hospital with a dislocated shoulder. And now Tollefsen wanted to crack some Swedish nuts.

Wolfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 03:07 PM
  #46
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TollefsenFan View Post
Yeah, but Ovi destroyed Jagr in Vancouver and didnt get suspended. Tollefsen tackled Bartecko and got suspended. Both shouldve been suspended, but only the norwegian got suspended. Its stupid.
Well the one is NHL and the other IIHF.
NHL allows much tougher play than international hockey.
So you cant' really make that comparison.
But I understand you are upset that your favourite player is suspended twice at the WC!
But it is based on his tough often dangerous play.

Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 03:11 PM
  #47
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country
 
Systemfel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Gothenburg
Country: Sweden
Posts: 8,628
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
Well the one is NHL and the other IIHF.
NHL allows much tougher play than international hockey.
So you cant' really make that comparison.
Ovechkin on Jagr was in the Olympics.


Systemfel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 03:30 PM
  #48
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Systemfel View Post
Ovechkin on Jagr was in the Olympics.

Oh sorry my mistake..
Well - it was Vancouver Olympics, so was it international referees or NHL referees?
That could explain the difference in how much they allow?
Otherwise I'm just all wrong.......

Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 04:45 PM
  #49
Uncle Rotter
Registered User
 
Uncle Rotter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Kelowna, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,978
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
Oh sorry my mistake..
Well - it was Vancouver Olympics, so was it international referees or NHL referees?
That could explain the difference in how much they allow?
Otherwise I'm just all wrong.......
Two Canadian NHL refs in that game, but using the IIHF Rulebook

Uncle Rotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 06:52 PM
  #50
TollefsenFan
Registered User
 
TollefsenFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: K-town
Country: Norway
Posts: 2,112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
I guess the committee is going after Norway for their dirty play. Keep in mind that a Danish player was sent to hospital with a dislocated shoulder. And now Tollefsen wanted to crack some Swedish nuts.
Dirty play? The dane put himself in a vulnerable position (He didnt want to take the hit and therefore tried to avoid it. Holtet couldnt stop in time). And Tollefsen was unlucky and slashed a players nuts. Buhu...

What kind of "plays" are dangerous? Headshots, boarding, spearing and fighting. Tollefsens first suspenion was okey, but a Danish player shoudlve also been suspended for boarding/dangerous crosschecking on Tollefsen. Our players are not dirty. We dosent drop our gloves, no spearing so far and no headshots.

TollefsenFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:35 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.