HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Slava Voynov & KHL Snake Oil Salesmen

Old
05-09-2013, 07:20 PM
Reclamation Project
I Not Much Like LA

vCash: 592
Slava Voynov & KHL Snake Oil Salesmen

No way in hell this happens, right? RIGHT?

Right?

Reclamation Project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 07:26 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

vCash: 500
If their were that much that appealed to Russians in the KHL, I have to believe a star in or entering his prime would have gone by now. The last few years we have heard, "OMG! Kovalchuk is gonna go!" Nope. Last year Semin could have, did he? Nope. Every year a rumor comes up about Malkin, and it hasn't happened.

If Slava were gonna leave, he would have been a ***** and did it like Bud did, but I digress.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 07:34 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Voynov could have left during the lockout. Instead he reported to Manchester.

I'm not worried.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 07:46 PM
Johnny Utah

There was an article two seasons back where he said he would re-evaluate his options if the Kings did not recall him during the 2011-12 season...Then, during that season Mitchell and Martinez missed some games and VV was recalled became a main stay and allowed the Kings to trade JJ. He then won the Cup and never looked back. Jim Fox has said numerous times this year he has been the Kings best d-man.

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 07:59 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Just a word of advice: never trust Russian media. They're terrible sources for information. About as reliable as tabloids. Hardly any of them are reputable.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 09:08 PM
kinghock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Just a word of advice: never trust Russian media. They're terrible sources for information. About as reliable as tabloids. Hardly any of them are reputable.
I am originally from Russia and I confirm your opinion.

kinghock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 09:10 PM
DaAnimal

Im confident that voynov is committed to staying in the NHL and with the Kings. He's a good example of a well groomed defensemen.

Drafted fairly high, went to develop in the AHL and had incredible results. Showed positive signs at the tryout camps, slowly moved up in the depth charts, learned from some of the greatest/smartest hockey players (scuds, mitchell, dd, etc), and reeked in on the results.

Voynov is an underrated 2way defensemen. We are very fortunate to have him and he stepped up BIG TIME when JMFJ was traded. I just can't imagine him going to the KHL or going to another team.

DaAnimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 10:05 PM
bobafettish*

not worried about russians. just worried about offer sheets, get it done by July 1st!!!!

bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 10:05 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
not worried about russians. just worried about offer sheets, get it done by July 1st!!!!
Dis ^

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 10:08 PM
Whiskeypete

Is it 1962? Why are we afraid of the Russians?

Whiskeypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 10:52 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post

I'm not worried.
Nope. No chance.

NHL and KHL have an MOA to respect each other's contracts. Voynov had a valid NHL contract, that was assigned to AHL. A guy like Voynov is not bad, but with how bad the KHL got destroyed before without an agreement (Radulov vs Ovechkin, Malkin, etc), it would take a superstar signing for the KHL to risk losing that agreement. KHL blocked Visnovsky staying in Slovan for this very reason, and more topical for us Kings fans prospect LW Nikolai Prokhorkin was sent back to KHL this season for that reason.

At no point before this season could Voynov have left for KHL, any rumours anybody might have heard were BS. However this season with be the first since signing that Voynov has the option to head back to Russia. That being said, I consider it HIGHLY unlikely that Voynov heads back to KHL now, Kings will pay the man.

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 11:21 PM
Moses Doughty
LA's offense offends

The guy didn't come over at 18 to play in the AHL for a few years for nothing.

Moses Doughty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 11:43 PM
Reclamation Project
I Not Much Like LA

vCash: 592
I'm not expecting him to leave. I just needed a little support

Reclamation Project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 12:22 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post

I'm not worried.
Bing! Bing! Bing! The kid stayed in the AHL despite the lure of instant money because he wanted to play in the NHL - not the KHL. He would be there already.

And look, as long as the Kings keep winning, why the **** would he leave? Hello!?!?!?! He'll get his money when the time comes, but for some people some things matter more than money.

05-10-2013, 12:25 AM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire View Post
Bing! Bing! Bing! The kid stayed in the AHL despite the lure of instant money because he wanted to play in the NHL - not the KHL. He would be there already.

And look, as long as the Kings keep winning, why the **** would he leave? Hello!?!?!?! He'll get his money when the time comes, but for some people some things matter more than money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Nope. No chance.

NHL and KHL have an MOA to respect each other's contracts. Voynov had a valid NHL contract, that was assigned to AHL. A guy like Voynov is not bad, but with how bad the KHL got destroyed before without an agreement (Radulov vs Ovechkin, Malkin, etc), it would take a superstar signing for the KHL to risk losing that agreement. KHL blocked Visnovsky staying in Slovan for this very reason, and more topical for us Kings fans prospect LW Nikolai Prokhorkin was sent back to KHL this season for that reason.

At no point before this season could Voynov have left for KHL, any rumours anybody might have heard were BS. However this season with be the first since signing that Voynov has the option to head back to Russia. That being said, I consider it HIGHLY unlikely that Voynov heads back to KHL now, Kings will pay the man.

Old
05-10-2013, 04:28 AM
JureEe
Go Kings Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Nope. No chance.

DL gave him chioce if i recall correctly.. go to AHL or KHL by lockout...

JureEe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 04:32 AM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JureEe View Post
True DL COULD have offered him KHL this year on a loan, but is there any evidence he did?

Even if so, the loan would obviously have been conditionally on him returning to LA when lockout ended. Voynov had no chance to head to KHL unless it was under permission from the Kings, who never would have let him stay past end of lockout. KHL was never a true option for him this year, unless it was a loan at which point Kings could have recalled him at any time.

Old
05-10-2013, 07:53 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by JureEe View Post
Can't see how that was true given the way the Kings handled Loktionov during the lockout. Loki pondered the thought of leaving and there were even rumors that he had a deal in place (was it Atlant or Severstal?) with a KHL team and the Kings tried to get him to report to Manchester. When he didn't right away there was a lot of speculation but nothing was ever said by either side whether he had permission or not. Hammond did a few releases saying the Kings weren't exactly thrilled but that they were in a wait and see mode.

Are you pehaps thinking of Moller and DL telling him it was ok for him to leave to play for Skelleftea in the SEL?

tigermask48 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 08:26 AM
Dooney
Love me some Carter!

vCash: 50
I am pretty confident that he is not going anywhere.

Dooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 08:36 AM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
Can't see how that was true given the way the Kings handled Loktionov during the lockout. Loki pondered the thought of leaving and there were even rumors that he had a deal in place (was it Atlant or Severstal?) with a KHL team and the Kings tried to get him to report to Manchester. When he didn't right away there was a lot of speculation but nothing was ever said by either side whether he had permission or not. Hammond did a few releases saying the Kings weren't exactly thrilled but that they were in a wait and see mode.

Are you pehaps thinking of Moller and DL telling him it was ok for him to leave to play for Skelleftea in the SEL?
Much like Voynov, Loktionov had no choice but to report to Manchester. The KHL is not gong to risk their MOA for a Voynov or a Loktionov. Those guys were under contract with the LA kings and were never locked out NHLers since they could be assigned to AHL. Unless the Kings gave Voynov or Loktionov permission to head to KHL, there was exactly ZERO chance they could have went to KHL last season.

Old
05-10-2013, 09:23 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

The 'Voynov going to the KHL' rumours could also just be something an agent or other player rep floats out there (usually said to be coming from an 'anonymous source') in hopes of gaining a little extra leverage at the negotiation table. If it gets their client an extra $250K a year or something on his deal, why not? You don't lose anything by floating this rumour out there.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote