HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Slava Voynov & KHL Snake Oil Salesmen

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-09-2013, 07:20 PM
  #1
Reclamation Project
I Not Much Like LA
 
Reclamation Project's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 18,504
vCash: 592
Slava Voynov & KHL Snake Oil Salesmen

No way in hell this happens, right? RIGHT?















Right?

Reclamation Project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 07:26 PM
  #2
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!
 
KopitarFAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 9,408
vCash: 500
If their were that much that appealed to Russians in the KHL, I have to believe a star in or entering his prime would have gone by now. The last few years we have heard, "OMG! Kovalchuk is gonna go!" Nope. Last year Semin could have, did he? Nope. Every year a rumor comes up about Malkin, and it hasn't happened.

If Slava were gonna leave, he would have been a ***** and did it like Bud did, but I digress.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 07:34 PM
  #3
Sydor25
LA Kings
 
Sydor25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 21,828
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Voynov could have left during the lockout. Instead he reported to Manchester.

I'm not worried.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 07:46 PM
  #4
Johnny Utah
Registered User
 
Johnny Utah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Posts: 6,921
vCash: 500
There was an article two seasons back where he said he would re-evaluate his options if the Kings did not recall him during the 2011-12 season...Then, during that season Mitchell and Martinez missed some games and VV was recalled became a main stay and allowed the Kings to trade JJ. He then won the Cup and never looked back. Jim Fox has said numerous times this year he has been the Kings best d-man.

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 07:59 PM
  #5
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 31,153
vCash: 500
Just a word of advice: never trust Russian media. They're terrible sources for information. About as reliable as tabloids. Hardly any of them are reputable.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 09:08 PM
  #6
kinghock
Registered User
 
kinghock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Mahwah,NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 727
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Just a word of advice: never trust Russian media. They're terrible sources for information. About as reliable as tabloids. Hardly any of them are reputable.
I am originally from Russia and I confirm your opinion.

kinghock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 09:10 PM
  #7
DaAnimal
Registered User
 
DaAnimal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pasadena
Country: United States
Posts: 1,369
vCash: 500
Im confident that voynov is committed to staying in the NHL and with the Kings. He's a good example of a well groomed defensemen.

Drafted fairly high, went to develop in the AHL and had incredible results. Showed positive signs at the tryout camps, slowly moved up in the depth charts, learned from some of the greatest/smartest hockey players (scuds, mitchell, dd, etc), and reeked in on the results.

Voynov is an underrated 2way defensemen. We are very fortunate to have him and he stepped up BIG TIME when JMFJ was traded. I just can't imagine him going to the KHL or going to another team.

DaAnimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 10:05 PM
  #8
bobafettish*
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5,961
vCash: 500
not worried about russians. just worried about offer sheets, get it done by July 1st!!!!

bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 10:05 PM
  #9
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry
 
Rorschach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 6,255
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
not worried about russians. just worried about offer sheets, get it done by July 1st!!!!
Dis ^

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 10:08 PM
  #10
Whiskeypete
Registered User
 
Whiskeypete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: stuck in the middle
Country: United States
Posts: 2,365
vCash: 500
Is it 1962? Why are we afraid of the Russians?

Whiskeypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 10:52 PM
  #11
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
Perennial Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,877
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Voynov could have left during the lockout. Instead he reported to Manchester.

I'm not worried.
Nope. No chance.

NHL and KHL have an MOA to respect each other's contracts. Voynov had a valid NHL contract, that was assigned to AHL. A guy like Voynov is not bad, but with how bad the KHL got destroyed before without an agreement (Radulov vs Ovechkin, Malkin, etc), it would take a superstar signing for the KHL to risk losing that agreement. KHL blocked Visnovsky staying in Slovan for this very reason, and more topical for us Kings fans prospect LW Nikolai Prokhorkin was sent back to KHL this season for that reason.

At no point before this season could Voynov have left for KHL, any rumours anybody might have heard were BS. However this season with be the first since signing that Voynov has the option to head back to Russia. That being said, I consider it HIGHLY unlikely that Voynov heads back to KHL now, Kings will pay the man.

__________________


Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 11:21 PM
  #12
Moses Doughty
LA's offense offends
 
Moses Doughty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Drewbacca
Country: United States
Posts: 8,068
vCash: 500
The guy didn't come over at 18 to play in the AHL for a few years for nothing.

Moses Doughty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 11:43 PM
  #13
Reclamation Project
I Not Much Like LA
 
Reclamation Project's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 18,504
vCash: 592
I'm not expecting him to leave. I just needed a little support

Reclamation Project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 12:22 AM
  #14
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!
 
Legionnaire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: LA-LA Land
Country: United States
Posts: 35,359
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Voynov could have left during the lockout. Instead he reported to Manchester.

I'm not worried.
Bing! Bing! Bing! The kid stayed in the AHL despite the lure of instant money because he wanted to play in the NHL - not the KHL. He would be there already.

And look, as long as the Kings keep winning, why the **** would he leave? Hello!?!?!?! He'll get his money when the time comes, but for some people some things matter more than money.

__________________
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." - Mark Twain
Legionnaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 12:25 AM
  #15
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
Perennial Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,877
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire View Post
Bing! Bing! Bing! The kid stayed in the AHL despite the lure of instant money because he wanted to play in the NHL - not the KHL. He would be there already.

And look, as long as the Kings keep winning, why the **** would he leave? Hello!?!?!?! He'll get his money when the time comes, but for some people some things matter more than money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Nope. No chance.

NHL and KHL have an MOA to respect each other's contracts. Voynov had a valid NHL contract, that was assigned to AHL. A guy like Voynov is not bad, but with how bad the KHL got destroyed before without an agreement (Radulov vs Ovechkin, Malkin, etc), it would take a superstar signing for the KHL to risk losing that agreement. KHL blocked Visnovsky staying in Slovan for this very reason, and more topical for us Kings fans prospect LW Nikolai Prokhorkin was sent back to KHL this season for that reason.

At no point before this season could Voynov have left for KHL, any rumours anybody might have heard were BS. However this season with be the first since signing that Voynov has the option to head back to Russia. That being said, I consider it HIGHLY unlikely that Voynov heads back to KHL now, Kings will pay the man.

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 04:28 AM
  #16
JureEe
Go Kings Go!
 
JureEe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: sLOVEnija
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 590
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Nope. No chance.

NHL and KHL have an MOA to respect each other's contracts. Voynov had a valid NHL contract, that was assigned to AHL. A guy like Voynov is not bad, but with how bad the KHL got destroyed before without an agreement (Radulov vs Ovechkin, Malkin, etc), it would take a superstar signing for the KHL to risk losing that agreement. KHL blocked Visnovsky staying in Slovan for this very reason, and more topical for us Kings fans prospect LW Nikolai Prokhorkin was sent back to KHL this season for that reason.

At no point before this season could Voynov have left for KHL, any rumours anybody might have heard were BS. However this season with be the first since signing that Voynov has the option to head back to Russia. That being said, I consider it HIGHLY unlikely that Voynov heads back to KHL now, Kings will pay the man.
DL gave him chioce if i recall correctly.. go to AHL or KHL by lockout...

JureEe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 04:32 AM
  #17
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
Perennial Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,877
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JureEe View Post
DL gave him chioce if i recall correctly.. go to AHL or KHL by lockout...
True DL COULD have offered him KHL this year on a loan, but is there any evidence he did?

Even if so, the loan would obviously have been conditionally on him returning to LA when lockout ended. Voynov had no chance to head to KHL unless it was under permission from the Kings, who never would have let him stay past end of lockout. KHL was never a true option for him this year, unless it was a loan at which point Kings could have recalled him at any time.

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 07:53 AM
  #18
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh
 
tigermask48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: R'Lyeh, Antarctica
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 2,795
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JureEe View Post
DL gave him chioce if i recall correctly.. go to AHL or KHL by lockout...
Can't see how that was true given the way the Kings handled Loktionov during the lockout. Loki pondered the thought of leaving and there were even rumors that he had a deal in place (was it Atlant or Severstal?) with a KHL team and the Kings tried to get him to report to Manchester. When he didn't right away there was a lot of speculation but nothing was ever said by either side whether he had permission or not. Hammond did a few releases saying the Kings weren't exactly thrilled but that they were in a wait and see mode.

Are you pehaps thinking of Moller and DL telling him it was ok for him to leave to play for Skelleftea in the SEL?

tigermask48 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 08:26 AM
  #19
Dooney
Love me some Carter!
 
Dooney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sunny So Cal.
Country: United States
Posts: 9,993
vCash: 50
I am pretty confident that he is not going anywhere.

Dooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 08:36 AM
  #20
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
Perennial Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,877
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
Can't see how that was true given the way the Kings handled Loktionov during the lockout. Loki pondered the thought of leaving and there were even rumors that he had a deal in place (was it Atlant or Severstal?) with a KHL team and the Kings tried to get him to report to Manchester. When he didn't right away there was a lot of speculation but nothing was ever said by either side whether he had permission or not. Hammond did a few releases saying the Kings weren't exactly thrilled but that they were in a wait and see mode.

Are you pehaps thinking of Moller and DL telling him it was ok for him to leave to play for Skelleftea in the SEL?
Much like Voynov, Loktionov had no choice but to report to Manchester. The KHL is not gong to risk their MOA for a Voynov or a Loktionov. Those guys were under contract with the LA kings and were never locked out NHLers since they could be assigned to AHL. Unless the Kings gave Voynov or Loktionov permission to head to KHL, there was exactly ZERO chance they could have went to KHL last season.

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 09:23 AM
  #21
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,024
vCash: 500
The 'Voynov going to the KHL' rumours could also just be something an agent or other player rep floats out there (usually said to be coming from an 'anonymous source') in hopes of gaining a little extra leverage at the negotiation table. If it gets their client an extra $250K a year or something on his deal, why not? You don't lose anything by floating this rumour out there.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:44 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.